• ベストアンサー

この文の中のthe point はどういう意味ですか?

In this world he has experienced all absurdity, but there is forgiveness and love, * a forgiveness and love which brings home the point that once wandered endlessly.* *~*の部分がよくわからないのですが、ここのthe point はどういう意味なんでしょうか? どなたかお教えください。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • go_urn
  • ベストアンサー率57% (938/1643)
回答No.2

こんにちは。 In this world he has experienced all absurdity, but there is forgiveness and love, * a forgiveness and love which brings home the point that once wandered endlessly.* bring ~ home が「~を納得させる」という意味で、the point that once wandered endlessly 「それまでずっとふらふら彷徨い続けていた点」が目的語です。 そうすると、bring ~ homeが、その本義である、「落ち着くべきところ、本来あるべきところに落ち着かせた」という意味に感じられます・ 全体を訳すと、 「彼はこの世で、ありとあらゆる馬鹿げたことを経験してきた。しかし、(この世には、一方で)愛と赦しというものも存在していた――これまでふらふらとずっと彷徨い続けていたものを、その本来あるべきところに落ち着かせてくれるような愛と赦しが。」となります。 point以下は、「ぷかぷかしている浮游点」のようなイメージで捉えられていますが、心の一番大切なものを表象/象徴しているような気がします。それが、やっと丹田に納まるというようなニュアンスではないでしょうか。

whiteflame
質問者

お礼

わかりやすい解説でよくわかりました。厚く御礼申し上げます。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

a forgiveness and love <which brings home the point [that once wandered endlessly]>. <>内をWhichの範囲 []内をthatの表す範囲として考えれば、 the pointは、once wandered endlessly(かつて永遠に迷っていた)のpointを指している訳だから、辞書に載っているpointの訳として一番当てはまるのは、時じゃないかと思います。  つまり、the pointは、once wandered endlessly=かつて、永遠に迷っていた時。    心がきれいになる詩ですね。  

whiteflame
質問者

お礼

とても詩的な訳で、よくわかりました。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• この文の構造を教えてください

阪大の入試問題です。 まず以下のような前置きがありまして… Home is where heart is. But at the same time, home is so sad. Bland's attitude towards his flat was the somewhat shifting point at which these two attitudes met. When he was away from it he thought of it longingly, as the place which would always provide him with a refuge from the world. ここから下線部が引かれています。 When he was actually inside it, safe and warm and quiet, as he had always wished to be, it irritated him, precisely on account of those same qualities for which he had felt such intense nostalgia. 下線部を和訳せよという問題なのですが、意味はなんとなくわかるのですが、構造がよくわかりません。 特にsafe and warm and quietというくだりです。 どうかご教授下さい。よろしくお願いします。

• 意味の分かりにくい英文です

"The world knows nothing of its greatest men." That may be true, but how can we tell? If we know nothing about them, we cannot tell whether they were great. But there is a good chance that, by the time the world knows about them, they will have ceased to be great. A man usually does his best work just before he is found out. If he has done anything very well, there is a conspiracy to prevent him from doing it again. He becomes a celebrity, and the lion-hunters give him no peace. It must be owned that sometimes he likes it. 上記で、But there is a good chance that, by the time the world knows about them, they will have ceased to be great. If he has done anything very well, there is a conspiracy to prevent him from doing it again. It must be owned that sometimes he likes it. などが特によく理解出来ません。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• Japanの中の文章です。

次の文章は、江戸時代の「山片蟠桃」の言葉です。 Within the universe, there was reason (ri) which worked through matter (ki) to produce the world of man and things. Behind society as well there was reason and order if one could but comrehend it. 最後の文章の could but をうまく訳せません。 大体の意味は解るのですが・・・・「人はそれを理解できないできない(わからない)かも知れないが」 とでも訳すのでしょうか。 その場合は but=not に置き換えられますが、それで「いいのでしょうか。 教えてください。この部分だけで結構です。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am a mother of three children, but it's the oldest my husband and I worry about. When "John" went to college, he started drinking a lot. I asked him about it then, and he admitted that he might have a problem, but he did nothing about it. That was 10 years ago. He has had two DWIs since, and he drinks every day. I found out from his girlfriend that he actually gets into the shower with a beer in his hand. I recently noticed that the whites of his eyes are yellow, which I'm told is a sign of liver damage. We've tried talking with John, but he denies he has a problem. My daughter and her friends have gone out socially with John, and she says he is fun to be with, and then suddenly a switch flips and he yells and curses. gone out socially with Johnはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 一文を和訳してください。

Erikson comments that therapy is never really a process by which a doctor prescribes some course of action to a patient but rather a mutual exploration to which the psychoanalyst brings training and experience. です。 that以下が文法がわかりにくいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 意味を教えてください

I just started dating a great guy. We’ve been out only a couple of times, but the spark is there. The trouble is that he has a bad background. His mom was an addict and his dad is in prison, and he bounced around from various troubled relatives until CPS intervened and put him in foster care. He was bounced from place to place and never bonded with anybody. He had a few brushes with drugs and the law, but nothing serious, had a few brushes with drugs and the lawの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳教えてください

Man has always been engaged in a two-fold struggle, with his physical enviroment and with mankind. In general, he has been winning the former and losing the latter. He has gained comfort, convenience and a reasonable degree of physical safety, but he has failed to achieve a peaceful world. He has conquered the elements and created scientific miracles, but he has not learned how to live with his fellow man. 和訳よろしくお願いします!!

• どなたか英語が分かる方よろしくお願いします。

日本語に訳してください! お願いします。 There is something he has not been able to rise above. That will make him seem washed out, wearied, pallid faced when he speaks of past loves. He has a disposition, that is too yielding in love. Like his cold pale hands like water lily’s. Puts up with too much. Needs to draw strength from somewhere. He has a propensity for mysticism, occultism and spirituality tinged with romance. This can give strength make him look for love again, when the past seems gone. He has a hunger for a romantic atmosphere and wants the security of a strong love in his life, but also wants the dream of love. The world is not enough for this man..

• よろしくお願いします

My husband and I have been together for 11 years and share four gorgeous children. My husband also has a history of “problems,” though I am proud to say he is celebrating several years of sobriety. Since getting clean and sober he has a problem keeping strong during the act—he has no issue getting there, as a matter of fact often I catch him there but, once we start (within two minutes) he loses it and it is really starting to affect me on many more levels than I thought. the actは「性行為」でしょうか?あと、getting thereは「オーガズムに達する」ことでしょうか?catch him thereは何のことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 文法について

He has completed their report with two recommendations which they feel will attract qualified employees and help to retain experienced staff. この文章で they feel will attract の文法がどうしてもわかりません。よろしくお願いいたします。