• 締切済み

pre-stamped envelopeの意味

こんにちは。 今度アメリカの刑務所に手紙を送る予定なんですが、海外のサイトでその際の注意を読んでいた際、ちょっと分からない箇所がありました。 Always enclose a self address pre-stamped envelope (make sure the envelope is pre-stamped and that the stamp is printed on the envelope, most prisons won't allow stamps of any kind to the inmate even if they are already stuck to the envelope, only the one actually printed on the envelope are allowed) if you want a reply. …という英文です。これまでハリウッドスターなどにファンレターを出したことはあるので、切手を貼った返信用封筒が必要だということはわかるんですが、pre-stamped envelopeの意味が分かりません。 ただアメリカの切手を貼っただけでは駄目ということなんでしょうか?? もしご存知の方いらっしゃれば、よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

• DeeAnna
  • ベストアンサー率32% (176/546)
回答No.1

切手を貼った返信用封筒ではなく、切手が印刷された封筒の意味ですね。 切手を貼ってるものは駄目だそうですよ。

maki0224
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 貼ったものでは駄目なんですね… アメリカの郵便サイトで売っているPrepaid Envelopeを試してみようと思います。

関連するQ&A

• この考え方であっていますか?

何度もすいません。 When children watch TV too much,parents are possible to restrict the hours that the set is allowed to be on. この文なのですが、 the hours that the set is allowed to be on. ここの文なのですが、 (that the set is allowed to be on)この文全体がhoursにかかっているのですか? そしてto beのbeの部分なんですがsetという動詞を繰り返すことをさけるためにbeを使っているのですか? そのセットはテレビをセットすることを許されている時間 なんか訳しにくいです。 hours is allowed to be on TV とかにすることはできないのですか? 教えてください。

• 英語翻訳!

i want you to write the letter on the card,is this ok? と来ました英語翻訳お願いします 手紙を書いた上でカードが欲しいみたいな感じですか? please written and stamped on it は、 書いて切手を貼ってくださいで大丈夫ですか?

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします(>_<) 和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) Stamp collecting is one of the most interesting of all hobbies. People collect stamps for different reason. Some just like to get stamps together and arrange them in an album. Others are interested in the history, geography, and culture of the countries whose stamps they collect. Still others are attracted to stamps because of the many interesting subjects pictured on them. Almost every collector dreams of one day finding a “sleeper.” This is a rare or valuable stamp that has not been noticed among stamps worth little or nothing.

• 英語が得意な人教えてください

All of my decks are only available to buy directly from me,and I send by mail. I have sent to japan before.Pay with paypal and I send right away by global priority mail,as printed matter in a flat rate envelope ,packed up flat in smaller packets inside the big envelope.please add $11 for shopping. to do paypal log on to their site my id there is. これを訳せる方おられたらお願いします

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しようとしています。下記のような注意書きがありました。これってどういう意味でしょうか?教えて下さい。お願いします。 Unauthorized Dealer and Warning A note about Amazon: While Amazon is an authorized online dealer of AAA products, many resellers who sell through Amazon are not. When purchasing, it is important to note where the product is being "shipped from and sold by," which is stated clearly in the header for each product on Amazon. A note about eBay: AAA do not authorize dealer's to sell on eBay. All sellers on eBay are unauthorized resellers.

• 次の英文の意味

Everyone who publishes in this review has to agree in advance that if a poem is printed in one of its regular issues, the magazine also has the right to reprint it, without monetary compensation, in its annual anthology. This review makes enough money from sales of its anthologies to cover most operation expenses. So, if your magazine also published an anthology of poems first printed in your magazine, you could depend less on donations. After all, most poems published in your magazine are very similar to those published in this journal. 出版業・事情に詳しくなくどういう事を言っているのか混乱しました。publish in reviewは出版ではなく著作を載せることでしょうか? printが出版?(印刷?)でしょうか。 後半のSoからが特に混乱したんですが、ざっくり訳していただけることは可能でしょうか? 前半は、自分のかいた詩がマガジンに載せたらそのマガジンはアンソロジーにさらに載せる権利があって、特に補償の必要がない、という事だと思いますが。。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで買い物したんですが、相手の不都合で違う商品や届かない商品がありトラブルになっています。相手の上司からメールが来たんですがすみませんが教えてくれませんか?お願い致します。 Sorry I just chance to reply to this email. AAA explained me about your shipments shipping issue. I believe AAA advised on what is happening here. We are still waiting for hear back from the courier company. AAA will keep you posted about the below issue. If there is any other clarification you need, please do not hesitate to get in touch thank you.

• ざっくり和訳わお願いします。

Hi There, can you tell me if this Henckels is a Stainless steel or carbon blade.The other henckels I've bought from you are all stamped "INOX", this does not appear to have that stamp.

• 友人からのメールの一部分のみ意味がわかりません・・・

My husband has to work on Friday. So I could go with you on Friday, or if we wait until Saturday or Sunday, my husband can come too. 『On Saturday we are having a video made to send to the US for the holidays (at 2:15pm)』...but otherwise we are free! 『』←この部分なのですが・・。週末に一緒に動物園に行こう!という話をしているので、ビデオを持ってきて撮って、それをアメリカに2時15分に送る??という意味なのでしょうか。すみませんがどなたかご回答を宜しくお願い致します。

• 意味を教えて欲しいです。

This shows us how two people from different cultures can see the same thing and interpret it in very different ways. 大まかには意味が分かってるのですが、howとcanをどう訳したらいいのかよく分からなくて困っています。 もう一文、 Without being detached, we may jump to inaccurate conclusions-e.g. "Wow,Arabs are pushy", or "Wow, Japanese are shy"- without stopping to consider if the reason that one is reaching that way is a lack of understanding of how Arabs or Japanese communicate among themselves. という文で、without stopping to consider if the reason that one is reaching that way の部分がよく分からなく、このifってどう訳したらいいのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。