• 締切済み

up and down the stackの意味は?

企業向けのセキュリティサービスについて解説した文章の中に、サービス提供業者を選ぶ基準として、 Select one that offers services up and down the stack という一文がありました。 up and down the stackなサービスとはどんなサービスでしょうか? 念のため、この文章が含まれるパラグラフは以下の通りです。 Perhaps you're just in the market for someone to initially manage a firewall or intrusion prevention system. But over time, as you get busier and some security functions mature, you'll want the service provider to take on more responsibility. Select one that offers services up and down the stack and can grow with your business.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.1

stack 【名-1】(干し草・書類などの)山、積み重ね、堆積 ・He piled the cans into a nice neat stack. 彼は缶をきれいな山に積み重ねた。 【名-2】書棚の列、図書館の本の保管場所◆本が棚に保管されている場所で通常一般公開されていない 【名-3】《コ》スタック、一時的記憶装置(********) 【名-4】煙突、排気筒 以下省略。。。。 引用は「英辞郎」さんからです。いつもお世話になっています。 [stack]でコンピュータの記憶装置、保管場所を示すと思います。 [up and down the country]国中で この例から、up and down the stack で「コンピューターの記憶装置の隅から隅まで」面倒みるサービスを提供する業者を選びましょう、と言う雰囲気が出てます。

gatabonita
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございます。参考になりました。

関連するQ&A

• go down の意味

I phoned up the hospital and they said to go down. この文章の意味を教えてください。

• wind-downはどう訳せばいいでしょうか

よく眠れるためのハウツーもので何度も「wind-down」が出てきます。各章とも前半が睡眠についての知識、後半が眠れるための方法になっています。その後半の方法を実践する部分で、たとえば以下のような文中に出てきます。 ・At the end of every episode, I'll guide you through wind-down techniques that you can return to again and again to help you get to sleep. ・The wind-down at the end of the episode will be your first step towards a new attitude on sleep that I hope you can return to when you need it. 「くつろぐ」という意味が辞書に出てきたのですが、しっくりきません。どのような訳にすればいいか、教えていただけないでしょうか。どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• この英文の意味を教えてください

この英文の意味を教えてください "You go to your closet and select that lumpy blue sweaters for instance because you are trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back." "And for what? So that tomorrow they(workers) can spend another $300,000 reshooting something that was probably fine to begin with to sell people things they don't need." 映画プラダを着た悪魔より

• Security at Drive-up ATM and Night

Security at Drive-up ATM and Night Depositories Automated teller machines(ATMs) are fast easy way to withdraw cash,check accoun balances,transfer funds,and more.And night depositpries offer a quick and easy way to deposit cash other receipts. You can use ATMs and night depositories easily,quicly and safely by being alert and following these safety guidelines: 1.Keep your engine running,the doors looked and the windows up tat all times when waiting in line at a drive-up AT or night depository. 2.When possible,leave enough room between cars to allow for a quick exit should it become necessary. 3.Before rolling down the window to use the ATN or night drop unit,observe the entire surrounding area.If you see anyone or anything that appears to be suspicious,drive away from the area at once. Please note:National Bank cannotand does not guarantee customer safety during use of ATMs or night depositories.

• run over と draw upの違い

There are one or two details in your plan that are still not clear to me. How about you ( ) them one more time? 1.push through 2.run over 3.get down to 4.draw up   正解は (4)   という問題があったのですが、2run overは駄目ですか? run over おさらいする、繰り返して言う、繰り返す、言い返す、読み返す、再吟味する、概説する

• If you wanted to ~の意味

If you wanted to stay and finish your education that would be one thing. この文章の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の意味を教えてください

メール交換をしている相手からのメールで、少しわからないので教えてください。 (はじめのほうはわかるのですが。) 英語の意味と、何が言いたいのかを教えて頂きたいです。 宜しくお願い致します。 A relationship is like a rose. How long it lasts, no one knows. Love can erase an awful past. To feel that love it makes you sigh. To have it leave, you'd rather die. You hope you've found that special rose, because you love and care for the one you chose.

• I can talk to you and laugh and hold you at night if that is ok with you.

男性からもらったメールなんですが、どのようなこといっているのかわかりません。教えてください how was your day i hope well i would like to be there one day when you come so i can talk to you and laugh and hold you at night if that is ok with you. i would like to capture you r heart and give you mine.どうすごしてる?私はいつかあなたがここへくるとき・・・・?なんかちょっとへんなことを言っているのかな・・・すみません教えてくださいおねがいします。

• どういう意味でしょうか

It draws an analogy between (semiplaning monohulls) and (conventional ships) that constitutes an objection to the argument's main conclusion, one that is subsequently rejected by appeal to another analogy. thatはどこにかかっていますか?前全体でしょうか。また, one thatは同格でしょうか?(oneはconventional ships?) It draws a distinction between characteristics of semiplaning monohulls and characteristics of conventional ships that the argument's main conclusion compares to a distinction between types of airplanes. that以降がやはりちょっとわからなかったのですがcompareもdistinctも似てる語なのにわざわざ二回使うのですか?toがいらないような。。

• wound up

Star TrekというSF小説のなかで二人が言い合いをしている部分があります。 "You had the opportunity to do things differently. And you discovered that you wound up with even more regrets". 上記の文章でとくにwound upの部分の意味があまりよく理解できていません。 「後悔をして(何かを)終わらせることになるだろう。」 というような意味でしょうか?