• ベストアンサー

翻訳してください!!

大学の講義内容(教授の研究論文です)なのですが、聞き取ることはできても、しっくりくる日本語に訳せません。 どなたか訳してください!!よろしくお願いします。 Particularly with cars, we want speed, easy access, and no congestion. Having it all is jast not going to happen. We may be able to increase speed and have easier access to desired destinations, but cars are not the answer. Cars need roads, and building roads increases the demand for mobility. Chris Bowers, also writing in ゛the Ecologist", offers a sobering example of this phenomenon. England's M25, which circles London, was intended to carry 80,000 cars a day, according to Bowers. Upon completion, however, the motorway ゛hsd to cope with double that number because of the additional created for Journeyas." Twice as many peple decided to use the expressway simply ゛because it was ther."

• jurim
  • お礼率100% (9/9)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • vio
  • ベストアンサー率53% (55/103)
回答No.1

車については特に、速さ、容易なアクセス(後の文章から察すると「行きたい場所への移動」という意味の様です。)、及び渋滞のない事を私達は求めます。ですがそれら全てが実現されることはまずありえないでしょう。おそらく速度を速めることや、望む場所への移動の容易さを高めることは可能かもしれませんが、車が答えではありません。車は道路を必要とし、道路建設は可動性への要求を増加させることになります。(「生態学者」にも著作している)クリス・ボワーズ氏はこの現象の落ち着いた例題を挙げています。イギリスのロンドン市内を巡るM25(おそらくは国道の名前)は、元々1日8万台の車の利用を予定に作られたのですが、ボワーズ氏いはく、高速hsdとのかねあいもあり、又、長距離利用者の為に(journeyesはjourneyの複数形との予想から「旅=長距離の移動」と訳しました。)後から付け加えられた部分によっても、完成後は予想の2倍の人間が利用する結果となった。「2倍もの人間が高速を利用することを決めたのも、単に高速がそこにあったからという理由からである。」

jurim
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅くなり申し訳ありません。 早々に回答頂きありがとうございます。 こんなに、ぴったりの日本語に訳して頂き大変うれしいです! 免許すら持っていない私には、英文のときはチンプンカンプンでしたが、日本語に訳して頂き、なるほどと納得しました。 本当にありがとうございました!!

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

sobering は「酔いもさめてしまうような」「冷静にならざるを得ない」というような意味かと思います。 hsd to → had to ... additional created for Journeyas." Twice as many ... → ... additional demand created for journey." As twice as many ... と仮定して最後の部分だけ訳しました。 しかし、完成した道路は、移動に対する新たな需要のためにその2倍の車に対処しなければならなかった。2倍もの多くの人が高速道路を使うことを決めた理由は、ただ「そこに道路があるから」だった。

jurim
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅くなりまして申し訳ありません。 こういう訳の仕方もあるんですね。 アドバイス頂きありがとうございました!!

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

I felt like we were really dragging the brand through the mud, I did not want to end up like a classic rock band. Even though we were ‘classic’ we lasted where other bands had not. I wanted us to still be relevant, and to remain relevant you have to remain creatively relevant. To do that, you have to still make records. So I felt like we needed to take some time off and make a record. I was under the impression that was how everyone felt, because after having a few conversations with guys in the band, I felt we were all in that same place and same mode. Then nothing ever happened, we didn't get together and start working on music. So it goes on and on.”

• 翻訳なのですが

Hello, How are you doing i checked with EMS SERVICE right now about the item it was returned to you. It's because the Lithium Battery? Because i have already told you to make the shipment by Sea Postal Service. Go and make the shipment by Sea not by Air because EMS can't ship the Item. Am waiting to hear from you back. Thanks 商品発送後にこのようなメールが送られてきました。内容わかりますでしょうか?? どなたかわかる方教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

On being fired from STP: “Emotionally it's really hard to wrap your head around, because I grew up with them my entire adulthood. At least with Robert. Corey and I called Robert to see if he was interested in joining our band, creating a new one really because the only other band I had been in was the high school one I had formed with Corey. We had bigger aspirations, we had known Robert as a bass player, we knew he was a really good bass player. So we located him and found where he was living. We made the phone call, and we started out just writing some songs, and then we built the band from there and moved up to Hollywood. It was a long thing. On an emotional level it hurts.

• 翻訳して下さい!

翻訳して下さい! We have been working very hard to control variable and fixed costs, which is why to date we have absorbed a high percentage of the increases, not because we have been exempt, but because we have offset these costs.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

We need to do it that way and get out there on the road and get out there with some excitement and not just turn our legacy into what Journey or Foreigner is. That's not what we're about. That's not why we got into this. That's not at all what I'm about.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Guitarist Dean DeLeo told The Pulse Of Radio that despite the drama, the remaining members did not want to diminish what the original group achieved. "We are very aware of what the four of us created together," he said. "When the four of us were together and we made records and we made music, the end result was pretty good. I was usually pretty satisfied with it. But getting there was miserable. But you know, I'm very proud and very honored to have made these musical contributions with the four of us, and I think it's important that we recognize that, you know."

• 翻訳をお願いします。

all i was telling you is a package was sent back to me from 3 months ago...it wasnt a big deal, just was showing you because that was not my fault . you did not understand my email.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

With STONE TEMPLE PILOTS moving full steam ahead on a new EP and a full slate of fall tour dates with new singer Chester Bennington, The Pulse Of Radio asked guitarist Dean DeLeo how the group chose the LINKIN PARK frontman for the job in the first place. "We simply did not have a list of guys we were thinking of, we didn't hold auditions, we thought of Chester and that was it," he said. "It's very interesting, honestly, because Chester told me a story that when he was dating his wife about nine years ago, he told her that one day he was gonna get a call from us to be the singer of this band."

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Chester also commented on what it was like playing with STP for the first time: Bennington: When we got together, right away it was three songs from Dean, three songs from Robert, three songs from me — overnight! All this adrenaline was injected right into our hearts. If we got together and it was weird, it wouldn't have happened. But we got together and it was amazing. The new music needed to feel like it was us. It was still STP but it's me and I don't want to be doing a caricature of Scott. Live, I'm singing Scott's melodies and Scott's songs so I want to stay honest to that and present it in a way that people feel they're getting an STP show. … It's been an interesting and very rewarding experience so far.

• 翻訳お願いします

The amplifier board is the most basic design. It will take the voltage reading from the TEC and amplify the signal to a readable level shown on a volt meter. However, this requires calibration. I can't offer any calibration services because I do not own a professional LPM and I only sell the amplifier PCB with or without components. You will have to wire the TEC (with heat sink) and volt meter to the amplifier board yourself and be able to calibrate it.