• ベストアンサー

書き換えを見て頂けますか

You should not so easily trust a man of whose past you know nothing. "of"以下を書き換えると以下で正しいでしょうか。 that you know nothing of the man's past

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

2文に分けるのでなく,1文のままというのであれば,関係代名詞 whose が the man's に変わりません。  whose という関係代名詞は,a man に対して,his past という人称代名詞を用いる代わりに whose past にしたものです。  You should not so easily trust a man whose past you know nothing of. という書き換えなら可能です。

yumikab
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 ご説明はわかりました。 関係代名詞が使われている文においては、多少変な英語になったとしても、thatを用いれば必ず書き換えが可能になるような認識を持っていたのですが、それは誤りのようですね。

関連するQ&A

• 複文教えてください

次の複文教えてくださいませんか? 1.We had nothing to talk about.   → We had nothing that we _____________ talk about. 2.He is not someone to give up so easily.   → He is not someone that _____________ up so easily. 下線には何が入りますか?教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 入試問題です。 so that I could not--

入試問題で、選択問題です。 Iwalked quietly so that I ( ) not wake the sleeping baby. a.ought b.should c.may d.could 私は、d。にしたのですが、解答はb。でした。 納得できなっかたので、先生に質問したところ 次のように説明してくれました。 「寝ている赤ちゃんを起こすことができないように となってしまうのでだめ。so that S can(may)--がきて、 ーーできるようにという意味になるが、can'tや may not がくることはまずない。 shouldの場合はSpeak louder so that everybody can hear you.のようにshouldもshould not も可能。」 ここで、あらたな疑問が? so that S can't(may not)--がくることはまずない。 というのは、実際本当ですか。 教えてください。

• 英文の構造と意味とthatについて

Nothing should so much diminish the satisfaction which we feel with ourselves as seeing that we disapprove at one time of that which we approve of at another. *この英文はどうやって意味をとればよいのでしょうか? *Nothing should so much diminish the satisfaction which we feel with ourselves ここまでは、the satisfactionが先行詞でwhichが関係代名詞になり、 Nothing should (so much) diminish→何も減らすべきではない、 と言っているところまでなんとなくわかるのですが(違うかもしれませんが) so muchがつくとどういう意味になるのか。。 *また後半のas seeing that we disapprove ~の英文の構造と意味がわかりません。 ( as seeing that →thatは接続詞ですか?  time of thatのthat→ ?) お手数ですが教えてください。

• man's activity

Still, Bush has come a long way since his first G-8 summit when he held that evidence was not conclusive that man's activity contributed to the warming of the Earth's climate. ・has come a long way は「大いに進展した」のようなニュアンスでよいですか。 ・held that は「という考えを持っていた」でよいですか。 ・not conclusive that man's activity の that はなんですか? so ... that 構文のような感じの that 節の始まりと同じですか。 ・man's activity とは一体なんですか。 よろしくです。

• 間違っている英文があったら、教えて下さい。

こんばんは。間違っている英文や、こんな言い方はしない。という文があったら、教えて下さい。 誰の意見を信じるべきか? Who's opinion should I believe?    Whose opinion should I believe? Who's opinion should I trust   Whose opinion should I trust    Which opinion should I buy?  あと何年かかることやら・・・ (溜息まじりに) Who knows how long it will take? I don't know how long it will take. (not ? but .)  There is no telling how long it will take.    I wonder how many more years it will take. ひさしぶりに会った友達に「話したい事が沢山あるんだ!」 I have a lot to say. I have many things to speak with you.  There are a lot of things I want to tell you. I have a lot things what I'd like to talk to you.

• 翻訳お願いします

OK Well you should have told me you bought that driver because I have already mailed as I didn't know that was you, and by the way would you mind please giving me your shipping address as it should look on the front of the package, I could not figure it out by the way it is on paypal it just looks funny there to me but then I don't live in Japan so I don't know how you guys do it so please show me exactly how it should look on the front of the package, Thanks.

• 英文和訳をお願いします。

So the first things to do is make sure you are close enough to the outside that you do not have to depend on reports.The best example I know: many years ago a man built one of the world's major businesses, the first business that really took advantage of the great change in medicine when the practice of medicine shifted from the individual practitioner to the hospital (that happened after the Second World War in the develop countries.) 

• not so + 原級 + as ・・・

原級比較に付いて A man's worth should be estimated not so much by his social position as by his character . とう文なのですが 「 not so + 原級 + as ・・・」 構文が使われていますが この構文の not は文否定ですので、この文は A man's worth shouldn't be estimated so much by his social position as by his character . という感じに should の後に not が付くのではないのでしょうか? 違うのであれば何故 not は so much の直前に付くのか教えてください。

• ディクテーション…チェックお願いします

下の動画をディクテーションしてみました。 少し自信がないですが、もしよろしければチェックして、間違いを正してもらえるとうれしいです。 I would say, the best advice is, you know what so, I love being, you know, I like the idea of going to school. Success sometimes could over shadow things like education, because, somebody, because success for just being a runner, but then end of dropping like education. I think education is very important. As a ( ) athlete, right now, who is very good. I would say, you should ( ) in college all for ______________________________________________________, you know, academics going fast. Use ( ) is together experience, to study, completed get degree than runner take care of it as. If I ( ) take college ( ) OK, I`m not going to finish my school, and then did my running fast. I think going to be even hard for me and put a lot of presser for me right on in life, to going to school. So you know what experience ( ) in college is amazing. And so, another things, you know what so, work hard. Because there is nothings comes free. There is always say, you know, there is nothings that go on be like, you know what, when you wake up nothing on the table. You have to put it on the table. You have to work it and there opts good come along the way. I`ve seen that of the course. I`ve seen there is ( ) nose way things that jump over it, you become better person, because, you know what, now, you know what, really, what sometimes people have in life, the hardships, have there come over hardships. So once, you ( ), you know, you know, chance to understand, you know sometimes, hardships is not he, in terms of like happen to me, could be ( ) could be things are not go mile with coaching with, you know that, have to find the right things to make everything that is negative a positive.

• 翻訳をお願いしたいです

以下の文章を翻訳していただけますか? All the details given in the Soul Mate Charts are always between ninety and a hundred percent correct of the man that you will meet. If you meet a man and its less than that, then however much you wish it he is not the man, whom fate intends for you, though he may have some other special connection, and his destiny may be linked with yours for a different purpose. The reason that the odd detail may not fit, is that Astrology is still a rather mysterious and mystical art, that reaches into the shadows of the unknown, and much as we know about it, we don’t know everything.