• ベストアンサー

英語メールをチェックしてくださいm(_ _*)m

こんばんは!英文メールを出したいので、チェックをお願いできませんでしょうか? 出す相手:ホストファザー&マザー(約5年前にステイさせてもらった) 伝えたい内容:久しぶりに会いたいです。もし会えるならカナダに行こうと思っています。私と会う時間をとってもらえますか?行くとしたら12月を考えています。旅行計画の詳細は全く決めていませんが…。ご都合きかせてください。 いい勉強になるので自分で一度考えてみました。 上に書いた内容はこのメールの要旨で、自作英作文はその直訳ではありません。メール自体も2年ぶりくらいに書くし、用件だけだと味気ないし不躾かなと思い、私の近況(仕事を辞めたこと)も少し書きました。頭語結語も自信がありません。 ホストファミリーはとても私によくしてくれたので是非再会したいんです。その第一歩として、添削お願いします。 ========= Dear ○○ and △△(○○と△△はホストファザー、ホストマザーの名前) Long time no see! How are you? Suddenly(突然ですが、ってこれでOK?)...I'd like to see you again after a long interval. If I see you,I 'll go to Canada in December. I'd like to spend time with you. For example,talking about many things with having dinner with you. Could you take time to spend with me? By the way,now I don't work and looking for new job. I think this is a good opportunity because I'm free to design my time. I don't plan details about this trip,yet. Please tell me your circumstances. My best regards, ▲▲(自分の名前) ============== どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • akijake
  • ベストアンサー率43% (431/992)
回答No.5

こんにちは。 今の文章でも十分判ってくれると思いますよ。 5年前に一度泊めてもらってるわけですし、質問者様の人間性も英語力もお判りなんですよね? 気を使っているものちゃんと判りますよ。 突然完璧なメールを出したら、相手に間違った先入観を与えて、会った時に大変なだけですし、多少ちぐはぐなところがあっても良いと思います。 出来るだけ質問者の言葉を残して、「ここは直した方がいいんじゃないか?」と言うところだけを指摘させて下さい。 Suddenly(突然ですが、ってこれでOK?)... あまりに唐突過ぎる気がします。 I know it's so sudden after a long interval and may be surprising for you, but.... 「大分時間が空いたところ突然で、驚かせてしまうかもしれないけど・・・」 みたいに言った方がいいかもしれません。 If I 【can】see you,I 'll go to Canada in December. 「会えるなら」とcanを入れたほうがいいかと。 ここは、ホストファミリーに会いに行く事が目的で、会えないなら行くつもりはないと理解して良いのでしょうか? For example,talking about many things with having dinner with you ここは多少文章を逆にした方が言いと思います。 talking about many things over dinner. など。 with youは前の文章にあるので、特にここでもう一度繰り返す必要は無いと思います。 会話の中で、なるべく繰り返しは避けた方がいいですよ。 I don't work and looking for new job. ここはdon't work なのに、その後がlooking forと進行形になってるのが変です。 I'm not working and looking for new job. としてしまってはどうでしょう。 Please tell me your circumstances. これだと、「状況を知らせてね」になってしまいますので、「会えるか会えないかを教えて」とはっきり聞いた方が良いと思います。 Please let me know if you can. とか。 言い方を変えればもっと自然な文章になりますが、それじゃあ意味がない気がします。 ちょっとたどたどしいところはありますが、意味はちゃんと通じてますから、大丈夫ですよ^^*

wcup2006
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。(直接の会話でなく)文字だし簡潔にまとめたいしで、余計難しく考えちゃうんですよね…。 ご丁寧なご指導に感激です。参考にさせていただきます。

その他の回答 (4)

回答No.4

簡単にこんな文では如何でしょうか? 取り合えず、訪問したい旨を伝える事と相手のスケジュールを聞きたいんですよね? Dear ______ and ______, It's been long time since I sent you e-mail. I hope everything is going well with you. I would love to visit you again soon, possibly in December. Do you think you would be available to see me then? Since I don't have a job right now, my schedule is very flexible. I would appreciate it if you could let me know your schedule for December. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

wcup2006
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 >取り合えず、訪問したい旨を伝える事と相手のスケジュールを聞きたいんですよね? そうです。 簡潔で英語イマイチの私でもわかりやすいです。参考にさせていただきます。

回答No.3

この英語じゃホストファミリーはがっかりしちゃうし、この内容じゃ気味悪がられるよ。 書かれている内容を他人が読むと「失業したから自分の話を聞くために一緒に時間を潰せ」ということになる。 例えば Suddenly,I'd like to see you again after a long interval. インターバルを置いたから突然会いたい。 つまりある周期ごとに面会してやるという意味で、こいつ永遠に来るつもりかと思われる。 書き出しだって「二年前にお世話になったものですが、覚えてますか」くらいではじめないと。 For exampleも酷いなあ。 「くだらないことを沢山話したいから、夕食をずっとご馳走しろ」とい意味ですよ。 ちなみにmanyはネガティブな意味が強いからね。 I think this is a good opportunityは怖ろしい。 失業がいい機会? 時間が取れるのはあなたの事情だし、相手はずっと居座るつもりかと恐怖するよ。 Please tell me your circumstances. 「お前の条件を教えろ」って、部屋とか確保しとけよって聞こえる。 いろいろ意地悪に書いちゃったけど、要は 「カナダ旅行したいけど、しばらく泊めてくれませんか。」というストレートなお願いを書かずに言い分け風に書くから変なのだと思いますよ。 I'd appreciate it if you give me acomodation while I am there.

wcup2006
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。意図するところを正確に伝えるのはなかなか難しいですね。参考にさせていただきます。

回答No.2

Dear ○○ and △△(○○と△△はホストファザー、ホストマザーの名前) Long time no see! How are you? Suddenly to say, but(突然ですが、ってこれでOK?)...I'd like to see you again after a long interval. If it is possible to see you again,I 'd visit Canada in December. I'd like to spend time with you, by talking about many things, having dinner time with you. What do you think? Could you spare time for me? By the way,now I am not working and looking for a new job here. I think it'll a good opportunity because I'm able to free to design my time. For this trip, I haven't actually made any detailed plan yet. I'd like to know first if it is possible to see you again. Please tell me your schedule around that time. My best regards, ▲▲(自分の名前) ちょっと変えてます。

wcup2006
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。参考にさせていただきます。

回答No.1

すみません。。。 ホストファミリはどちらにお住まいなのですか?カナダと理解して構いませんか?それとも、別の国で、あなたが観光旅行等(たまたま)カナダに行く用事があるから、カナダまで来てくれませんか…と言っていますか? よろしかったら、もう少し、その辺りを説明して戴けると助かります。。。

wcup2006
質問者

補足

早速ありがとうございます!ホストファミリーはカナダに住んでいます。 私としては「会えればカナダまで会いに行こうと思っている。会えなければ行かない(他の国に行くなども考えていない)」という感じです。 会うことをメインで考えているので。 「旅行したいから、ついでに会えればいいな」ではなく、「ホストファミリーに会えるなら、ついでにカナダ観光できていいな」と思っています。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の手紙…間違いが無いかチェックして下さい!!!!(結構長いです↓

挨拶の文を入れると800字超えちゃうので、挨拶無しで失礼ですが、チェックお願いします。 Dearest greandpa and grandma Hello. This is ***(私の名前). I haven't seen you guys for such a long time. Do you remember the day you were telling me that you want to come to Canada someday? I watched the movie about Canada today and found some similarities and differences between Canada and Japan, so I'll tell you what those were, so when you come to Canada, you'll at least know some similarities and differences of Canada and Japan!! First of all, Canadian people enjoy the winter sports while not many Japanese people do that. Although we have snow in Japan, we don't really enjoy having the snow. However, Canadian people enjoy it and do some winter sports like dogledding, canoeing in the iced water or sking. I think you guys can watch people doing that and have fun with that. Second, there is a lot of nature in Canada while there is not much nature in Japan. When I was watching the movie, I realized that there is green everywhere in Canada. I know that you guys like to go hiking where natures are alive, so you can do that in Canada easily. Finally, I found one similarities between Canada and Japan! There are a lot of lakes, livers and sea in Japan and Canada! You guys like the view of lakes or rivers, right? So so you can do that in Canada just like you do in Japan! I hope those informations help you to visualise Canada and made you feel want to come Canada! Then, I hope I'll see you soon. Take care.

• 英語で告白したのですが。。。

はじめまして。 オーストラリア人に告白をしました。 私は英語が苦手なのでうまく伝えられたかわからないのですが、送った内容と返信内容です。 私はこう送りました。 I am fun to be with you. I care very much about you. I want to go steady you. Would you be my boyfriend? But,I can't say english well. そしたらこのように返信が来ました。 I really like spending time with you too. I think you are so sweet. I take a relationship very seriously. as i'm still establishing myself here in tokyo i don't think i have the time to give you in a relationship. that would not be fair to you. i still really want to be your friend as i really like who you are i really do like spending time with you but i don't think i could be the boyfriend you deserve 内容はふられたとは思うのですが、全く脈なしってことですかね。 ご判断をお願いします。

• 至急です(>_<)翻訳してくださいm(_)m

I'm sorry but we don't talk usually. I won't talk to her ever again. Yuna you really don't need to worry about something like that. She isn't even in the USA. Truly I'm so sorry for making you feel this way. I swear I really do love you.←翻訳してくださいm(__)m

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします

長文ですが、次の英語の翻訳をお願いします。 ある俳優にファンが出演した映画について聞いています Q:I was going to ask you Randy about Lorton Lake. A:You know Danny finished that and like re-edited it and did something with it. The director, sorry, the director has had like full control of overall about whatever we make and then he is going to cut down. And I think he did some weird re-edit of it and it played at some places under a different name, but I don't actually have that in control over that anymore. I was like… Q:Don't know if we are going to get to see that then? A:I don't know, I should talk to him while I am here, I need to… Probably not. Q:There is so many things that you guys do that we don't get to see. A:I know, I know, but it's like not good enough for you guys yet, if you see it now. 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語を正しく直してください。

どなたか添削をお願いいたします。 3段目とか迷います。よろしくお願いします。 あなたは土曜日は勉強で長い1日を過ごしたと思うけど、ちゃんと眠れてたらと思います。 I think that you had spend a long day for studying on Saturday, but I hope you slept well. 私は土曜日は学校へは行かずに、友達と○○でディナーをしました。 I didn't go to the school, just had a dinner with my friend at ○○. あなたが日本へ帰る(休暇)前に、DVDを観たり、パスタやケーキを作ったりしながら部屋でゆっくり過ごすのもいいね。 Before you back to Japan, I would like to spend with you leisurely in your room, watching DVD(Movie), make pasta, cake. また寒くなるから、風邪にはくれぐれも気をつけてください。 Since it's getting very cold, please don't catch a cold. 良い1日を。 Have a nice day.

• 英語メールの返信をしたいのですが。

英語メールの返信をしたいのですが、この文章で間違いないでしょうか? 確認をお願い致します。 メールをくれてありがとう。 いつも貴方と話をして私は嬉しい。 昔の彼氏とはどんなトラブルが起きたのでしょうか? 話したくないなら構いませんが。 僕にできることがありましたら、お手伝いします。 体の調子は大丈夫ですか? わたしは貴方が心配です。 貴方は僕の友だちだから。 またお話をしましょう。 Hi, How are you? Thanks, your email. I'm happy talk with you always. How was the problem with your old boy friend? If you don't want talk about it, It's ok. if you need any help, at that time please tell me. How is your health? I worried about you. you are my friend. talk to you again, see you.

• アメリカに住む彼の英語のニュアンスがわかりません(恋愛の英語)その2

訳していただきたい文章(特にわからないところ「that way ][will like]の意味) -------------------------------------------------------- [i will like to say that i love you but i think i cant say i love you (中略) love its like but with more fealings(中略) i will like to see you ,each time i wake up so that way(中略) i will like to be at your side everyday and be there with you when you need me」 ---------------------------------------------------- たびたび彼はi will like ・・というフレーズを使います。 大意ではわかりますがこれは現実には無理だと言っているのでしょうか。 英語のできるかた意訳でも良いので教えてください。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 英語の文法チェックしてください、

The second story “Girl” was more interesting to me. The story is like family motto from her mother to girl. This story imply that girl’s mother really love her children with extravagance. I can find her mother’s love, worry and many more feeling to her daughter. I like this story because this story has more adorable feelings. I believe that “white elephant” is more difficult than “Girl”, because that story is mostly consisted of conversation between them, however, that conversation makes me confused. It is not clear for me. The girl was mad first time, but she easily come back to good mood the end of the story. I wanted to see the process how she came back to good mood. I believe that “Girl” is not a real story. I guess that this story is talking about future’s children. In my opinion, the girls’ mother wants to have a girl baby in her future, so she is talking about how her children want to grow up when she have a girl baby,

• 英語のメールの和訳について

こんばんは。ニュアンス的にはわかるのですが、細かくわからなくて。 エキサイトは変になってしまったので、訳せる方お願いできますでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。 Also, would you rather me use polite sentence enders or can I be casual with you? Sorry, I don't know much about how it works, like if I should be polite with you since you're older than me or something

• 英語の質問です。

質問お願い致します。 気になる外国人の異性の彼と遊んだ後にI had a really good time with you. It was so fun! and I think you're greatと言われました。これって私は彼の事が気になりはじめ てるんですが、社交辞令でだれにでもいう言葉なんですか? また、その時に私がI wanna see you again, but I don't want to be too sad after you are gone!とメールするとI want to see you soon ...I'm trying to read my book, but I'm only thinking about you などと返信がありました。