• ベストアンサー

和訳について

こんにちは。いつもお世話になっています。先日、アメリカの友人に日本の温泉について話すと、以下の文のメールが返信されてきました。最後の一文が訳せず困っています。人間性について話していると思うのですが、大意がつかめません。どなたか分かる方で教えて頂けると幸いです。 "I have some tattoos so I do not think I would be allowed to go to onsen.I hope people will not judge me too much based upon them,because I am a very nice person and would not harm a soul.I cannot blame people for being judgmental though, it is human nature I suppose."

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • yakochin
  • ベストアンサー率36% (79/219)
回答No.1

blame~for~で、~が~するのをとがめるという意味があるようです。 この方は、自分は刺青をしているけれど悪い人間でもないし精神に異常をきたしているわけでもない。ただ、人が自分の刺青を見ただけで勝手に人となりを判断するのは、それが人間の常だからとがめるべくもない、仕方のないことだと思う。とおっしゃりたいのだと思います。

true_pianist
質問者

お礼

早速のご回答、ありがとうございました。分かりやすい回答で、とても助かりました。頂いたご回答は参考にさせて頂きます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.3

前の文では、友人の方の「個人的な思い(希望)」が述べられていますね。「刺青があるから、ということに重きを置きすぎた判断を下してほしくない。だって、自分はいい人間であるし、誰一人として傷つけやしないから」 それに続けて、一歩引いて(クールに、あるいは達観[諦念]を持って) 「(まあ、でも)人が見かけ(この場合は具体的には刺青)で判断するから、って仕方ないよね、それをどうこうは言えない。人間、ってそうしたものなんだね、きっと」…という気持ちを表しているんだと思いますよ。 being judgmentalってひと言でスパッと言えて便利な表現ですね。

true_pianist
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。とても分かりやすい回答で、納得できました。頂いたご回答は、参考にさせていただきます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.2

blame ~(人) for ~(事柄)は No1さんの指摘のように、  人を ~ した という理由で非難すると言う意味があるのですが、 転じて can't blame ~ for ~ は 人が ~ するのも しょうがない(非難できない)、やむを得ない、もっともだ、理解できる。 と言った意味になります。 ですから最後の文は 「皆が(入れ墨を持った人が悪人と)判断してしまいがちなのはしょうがないと思う、それが人間の性なのだから」 となるのでしょう。  

true_pianist
質問者

お礼

早速のご回答ありがとうございました。とても丁寧なご回答で、相手の言いたいことが良く理解でき、助かりました。頂いたご回答は、参考にさせて頂きます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願い致します。

アメリカの友人から頂いたメールの一部です。 (そのままコピーして貼りつけました。) 全体的に読んでみて大体はわかるのですが、的確にはわからない部分が多々あります。お手数をお掛けしますが和訳の方宜しくお願い致します。 How can we understand each other when you do not tell me everything that your feeling? What did I say to you that day that offended you? I can not think of ever wanting to hurt you with my words. If you told me what was it I could have made it right. I would have apologized if I was wrong, and maybe I was not wrong. Maybe you just did not understand what I was saying. I would have explained to you what I actually meant. I just want you not to blame language on our problems. If two people want to be together nothing could come in there way. It is up to you to decide where we stand, like it has always been.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

this allowed us to discern that it is the relative progress and not the endowment’s value that enhances people’s overall impression with the proposed program.

• 和訳

(1)If it had not been for her advice,I would not have started to learn the piano. (2)I wish I had not said that stupid thing to her. 上の2つの和訳をお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします

1 I am a firm believer that in order for a relationship to last, both people need to be happy and secure in their own right (by themselves) in order for relationship to be strong. 2 the other places i saw were kind of far away and not clean for how much it cost to live there. 3 just because things are not exactly the way you want them does not mean that they are not good. 4 i don't know why that is i will see if I can fix it 5 those are all very time consuming things 6 I mean that I am constantly focusing on different things since i've been here and I havn't allowed myself enough time to collect my thoughts. よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳してください

I'm very excited to learn about Japan! I just think a bit difficult but not impossible. You are a very gentle person! I love to meet her! I know that I write nonsense! But it's all fun! what do you like most? I do not know about Japanese fashion, but I quite like the style, but the Brazilian society is very different in the field of fashion! If I clothe the Japanese style, I would be mocked by the minds of most people here is not broad enough to understand! understand?

• 和訳をお願いします

母から、iphonを持つ息子へ充てた手紙の一文です。 If you would not make a call to someone's land line, wherein their parents may answer first, then do not call or text. Listen to those instincts and respect other families like we would like to be respected. 特に、1文目のsomeone's land lineと 3文目のListen to those instinctsの意味が取れません。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳、お願いできますか?

イングランドのペンパルからのメールです。 好きなアーティストの話をしていた後で、以下のような文が出てきたのですが、ちょっと自力では訳せそうに無いです…。 この会話の背景ですが、彼女は日本のバンドを良く聞くらしく、x-japanとか好きなんだよー。と言っていました。 …but I'm open to any suggestions of good bands or artists people have. And I'm not really one of those Fangirls that you get here and around the world....I normaly just listen to a band because i think there really good not just because they are good looking! 何となく彼女が言いたいニュアンスは判るのですが、文法の練習なども含めた文通ですので、出来れば和訳だけでなく解説もしていただけるとうれしいです。 特に最初の文章の"~artists people have"の辺り。この文は、artistの後にthatが省略されているのでしょうか?そして、何故"have"がつくのでしょうか? どなたか、ご助力お願いいたします。

• 和訳おねがいします

Also,he found it difficult to get enough financial support because people did not think that the purpose of his research would be realized. But in the end people began to understand the possibilities of his research. 長文すいません泣 ご回答お願いします。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

申し訳ありませんが、お願いします。 There are soms things that I would not have done , and some things that I have failed to do that I would do. One of the things that I would have done if I had known the importance of it would have been to go to college.

• 和訳お願いします。海外の友人からのメール

oh i am sure some hot guy will come snatch you up someday. they would be crazy not to :) 二文目の意味を訳していただきたいです。 crazyがここではどういう意味になるのかもわかりませんし、not toの文法も分かりません。。 初歩的で申し訳ないですがどなたか返信いただければと思います。