• ベストアンサー

英語討論「公共の場での喫煙は禁止すべきか」の添削お願いしますl。

「公共の場での喫煙は禁止すべきか」というテーマで英語討論をすることになりました。私なりの考えを英文でまとめてみました。英語の討論をあまりしたことがないのですが、このような表現でよいのか自身がありません。よきアドバイスをおねがいします。 Smoking should be banned in public places; for or against? I support a bun about smoking in public places such as eating and drinking places , department stores, hospitals, theaters, assembly halls , and so on….. For reason, the first, the harmful effects of tobacco on health are well known. I read on the web that every year about 5 million people around the world die from tobacco-related illnesses. Moreover evidence about the risks of passive smoking is clear, I’ve hard that second-hand smoking in the workplace causes many deaths each year. I have a child so I worried when I go with my son to stores or restaurant, if there is a person who is smoking around us. The second reason is that a ban would encourage more smokers to quit. My husband smokes every day, but I want him to quit smoking for my son, me and himself. I think ,however , It’s difficult for him to quit… The third, the health-promotion law in Japan aims to prevent passive smoking in public places. Now, many eating places have smoking or non-smoking seats, but I think for preventing passive smoking, smoking places should be covered tightly. More aggressive methods are required.

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数6

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • kiwi-man
  • ベストアンサー率45% (14/31)
回答No.4

Smoking should be banned in public places; for or against? I support a ban on smoking in public places such as restaurants and bars, department stores, hospitals, theaters, assembly halls, etc. The first reason is because the harmful effects of tobacco on one's health are well known. I read on the web that every year about 5 million people around the world die from tobacco-related illnesses. Moreover, evidence about the risks of passive smoking is clear. I've heard that second-hand smoke in the workplace causes many deaths each year. I have a child and so I'm worried when I go with my son to stores or restaurants if there is someone smoking there. The second reason is that a ban would encourage more smokers to quit. My husband smokes every day, but I want him to quit smoking for my son, me and himself. I think, however, it's difficult for him to quit. Thirdly, the health-promotion law in Japan aims to prevent passive smoking in public places. Now, many restaurants have smoking and non-smoking areas, but I think that to prevent passive smoking, the smoking areas should be enclosed. More aggressive methods are required. どうですか。 New Zealand has banned smoking in public places and it has made going out to restaurants so much more pleasant. I have a two-year-old son and I'm glad that he lives in an environment where he won't be exposed to second-hand smoke. Good luck with your debate, shiro1226. Kiwi-man

shiro1226
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました(^^)

その他の回答 (3)

• akijake
  • ベストアンサー率43% (431/992)
回答No.3

再びakijakeです。 アドバイスになるかどうか判りませんが、 「私には子供がいるので、一緒にお店やレストランに行くときは、周りでタバコを吸っている人がいる場合、心配になります。」 を私流に訳してみました。 Since I have a son, it makes me worry to see people smoking nearby when I bring him out. なんだか回りくどいですが、こんな感じでいかがでしょうか? 参考になれば嬉しいです。

shiro1226
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました(^^)

• akijake
  • ベストアンサー率43% (431/992)
回答No.2

こんにちわ。 意図がちゃんと伝わって来て判りやすいと思います。 綴りだの何だのは、恐らく討論なので関係ないですよね。 なので、ちょっと気づいた所だけ・・・。 禁煙はban on smokingで正しいのですが、banは発音が微妙に難しいので、聞き手に判りやすく「no smoking」と言ってしまってはどうでしょうか? Now, many eating places have smoking or non-smoking seats ここは「両方あっても分けられている」る事を示唆しているのでしょうか?これでは「どちらかがある」と言う意味に取れてしまいます。 言い方に気をつけてニュアンスを出すか、ちょこっと修正した方がベターかと思います。 ところどころ一文で時勢が混じっているところがあるので、話す時は多少気をつけた方がいいかもしれません。 それでは頑張って下さいね!

shiro1226
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました(^^)

shiro1226
質問者

補足

特に自信のないところを少し書きかえました。時勢も間違っていたので。言いたいことは、「私には子供がいるので、一緒にお店やレストランに行くときは、周りでタバコを吸っている人がいる場合、心配になります。」ということです。 I have a child so when I go to stores or restaurants with my son, I worry, in case there is a person who is smoking around us. なんとなく、表現がすっきりしないので困っています。よければアドバイスお願いします。

回答No.1

英語のクラスでの発表で使用する原稿レベルであれば十分意味も通じますし、良く書けていると思います。 細かいことを指摘すると長くなりますので、最後の2行の But 以降の文見直してください。 Covered tightly と Agressive method が気になります。completely isolated, should be air-tight to shut off smoke とか、Agressive →effective, drastic measures など参考まで。

shiro1226
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました(^^)

shiro1226
質問者

補足

特に自信のないところを少し書きかえました。時勢も間違っていたので。言いたいことは、「私には子供がいるので、一緒にお店やレストランに行くときは、周りでタバコを吸っている人がいる場合、心配になります。」ということです。 I have a child so when I go to stores or restaurants with my son, I worry, in case there is a person who is smoking around us. なんとなく、表現がすっきりしないので困っています。よければアドバイスお願いします。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の添削お願いします。

この文章を添削していただけませんか? 「父は昔、テーブルマナーに厳しかったが、現在は注意しなくなった。」という内容です。 特に、時制は正しいかを知りたいです。 長文ですが、よろしくお願いします。  My father would often say to me, “Table manners are important for you.” When I was a child, my father was strict on table manners. He was always stern with me, but he was especially fastidious about table manners. For example, he said, “Don’t put your elbow on the table.”or “Don’t speak while eating anything.” These examples are general table manners. That is why he used to make a big fuss over my table manners, every time I ate.  Furthermore, My father was pedantic about even trivial matters. For instance, he said, “Don’t leave even a single grain.” This was really difficult for me. When I finished eating, I had to show my rice bowl to my father, because he wanted to check if I had eaten every grain of rice. If hadn't, I had to eat again. This bothered me, but I now realize that eating even the last grain of rice was to show my respect for a person who had cooked for me.  I hated such my father when I was a child. However, as I got older, he no longer told me about my table manners. Probably, this was because he could not find any faults in my table manners which I must have improved since. Now, I can understand his strictness on table manners. Mealtimes are not only the time when we eat something but also the time when we can enhance friendship with someone. Good table manners make the other feel good, but bad manners hurt their feelings. Therefore table manners are very important.  Thanks to my father, I don’t have any problems about them. These days, parents are not strict on table manners. However, I think that parents should show good table manners to their children. I want to be a father who is strict on table manners like my father in the future.

• 英語の添削お願いします。

語学学校を卒業するにあたりスピーチをしなければいけません。 文章を考えたのですが添削してもらえますか? Thank you everyone,especially.....Thank you my friends. I've spend in here for three months.I could have a lot of friend and experience.I had a great time in here. I want to talk about a lot more if there is an opportunity to meet you again.So,I'm going to continue to study English for improving my English level. I'll miss you.Have a good school life.Thank you. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の添削

英語(英文)の添削 学校の授業で書いてきてくださいといわれて書いたものです。 どこかおかしい所や、他の表現に変えた方が良いところがあれば教えてください。 自分のお気に入りの場所の紹介文です。 I know there are many parks in Aichi. One of my favorite places is a park called Tsutsujinosato. The park was complicated in 1992. I was surprised that the year is the same as my birth year. The park is located by windmills. There are a lot of trees around the park, so the atomosphere is quite and peaceful. We can be relaxed. The park is famous for a long slide of strange shape. Itlooks like a big snake. It makes the place funny. An open space in the park that I often play baseball with my friends is very large. A steam locomotive has long stopped n the park but it took off too many years ago. Now, Nakagawa city keep it and we can enjoy riding on it. In spring, the park is filled with a lot of flowers of azalea. It is very beautiful. We can feel its sweet smell. Therefore, I recomend to visit in April. There are a lot of happy points in Tsutsujinosato. It is the best place for me to play. 自分が気になるところは、文頭に多少The parkが多いことです。他は自分の今の力ではどうしようもなくて・・・ 指摘して下さる方がいれば本当に助かります。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語を添削してください。

サイトのメッセージに載せたいんですが、間違ってたら恥ずかしいので添削お願いします。 翻訳ツール使いましたが、変ですか? 初めまして、こんにちは、ありす(仮名)、私の名前は○○です。 もちろん、いいよ。あなたの好きなように私の(名前?ニックネーム)を呼んで下さい。私の名前は○○によく似てる。 私の病名は、睡眠関連摂食障害かもしれない。夜中に食べて覚えてないの(汗) とても症状がよく似ています。でも、私は、病気と闘って、克服し健康で楽しい生活を送りたい。 そのためにこのサイトに登録しました。よろしくね 素敵な一日を!!私の名前○○。 Nice to meet you, hello, Alice 、my name is ○ ○. Of course, I'm good. Please call me (the name? Nickname) as your favorite. My name is very similar to ○ ○. My disease name, might be eating disorders sleep-related. I do not remember to eat in the middle of the night、Symptoms very similar. But fighting the disease, I want to send a fun and healthy life to overcome.I have registered for the site. Nice to meet you、 Have a nice day! ○ ○.

• 英語 添削をお願いします

ちょっとした、ジョークを考えなくてはいけません。文法もですがおかしいところを直して教えていただけると助かります。よろしくお願いします。 One day an old woman came and spoke to me in French. I said to her in French with confidence. 『Je'ne parle pas de Francais』 She smiled and told to me in French more and more. This time, I got good luck and bad luck. Good luck is this. She understood my French. Bad luck is this. She didn't understand my feeling. Because the meaning of that sentence is I cannot speak French.

• 英語の添削をお願いします!

10年後の自分を想像して10年前をふりかえる架空の話なんですが よかったら間違った言い回しや文法、おすすめの言葉などを 添削とともに指摘していただければ嬉しいです。 よろしくおねがいします。  It has been about 14 years now since I belonged to the group of Aboriginal people in Australia. I am now 35 years old. Looking back, I had specialized in Ethnology at university, because I was very interested in ethnological Art. I decided to broaden my outlook on life by traveling abroad, when I was 20 years old. Australia which I focused on was my first place for my investigation. There was an area called ‘aboriginal land’ which general people can’t enter without permission but I was allowed to enter it. I got to communicate with aboriginal people and gradually, they regarded me as a member of their family. At the time, I wouldn’t go back to Japan, so I naturally accepted their words that I originally belonged to here. Now, I have forgotten Japanese and I’m sure that I’m not Japanese any more. That’s my whole life so far, but I believe that I was able to find what I really wanted to do and how to enjoy the life.

• 英語の添削をお願いいたします。

英語の添削をよろしくお願いいたします。 >の英語の部分に対して、日本語の部分を返信として作りました。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 > How is it at your work place? 私のオフィスは---のとなりにある。---駅ではないよ(近いけど)。 My office is located in --- next to --- ... not next to --- station. > I wonder how you are dressed today. 今日はベージュのニットに黒いスカート、昨日買った黒いタイツをはいてるよ。 Today I am wearing beige knit and black skirt, and black tights I bought yesterday. > I hope I didn't scare you off with all that talk last night. それは心配しないで。 Please don't worry about that. そんなことないから、私はいつもあなたの話を楽しんでるし、それにあなたを尊敬してるし。 Not really, I am always enjoying your talk and I respect you. > Thanks for listening to me and hearing me out. あなたが話したい時はいつでも話してほしいし、私ももっと話すようにするね。 You can talk to me whenever you want also I will try to talk about myself to you. 私たちはもっと知り合わなくちゃいけないし。 We have to get to know each other. --- は私の生まれた場所だけど、久しぶりに行くから嬉しいです。 I was born in --- so I am looking forward to go there. 下手ですがどうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• 【至急】英語の添削お願いします

授業で Why is education so important in your life? という課題を出されました。 自分なりに書いてみたのですが、文法等に自信がありません;; どなたか添削お願いいたします。 I think that the purpose of education is to acquire and develop the wisdom of living well. To acquire the knowledge helps us to have flexible thinking. There is no end of learning in life. Moreover, to learn new thing is my greatest pleasure. That’s the very reason why I am educated. よろしくお願いします!!

• 【英語】作文の添削お願いします 

テーマ:印象に残っている贈り物 Most impressing present in my life is a watch that my father gave me when I passed the exam to enter the high school. My father used the watch before I was born, and he wouldn't put away it even though he was given a new watch by my mother and sister. I think the watch will have been very important for my father. So, I was very surprised when he gave it to me. At first, I hesitated to receive it, but I received it in the end because my father said with smiling that "I use this new watch". The watch was what my mother and sister gave him. My watch and my father's watch is very different because mine is very old and father's is new. However both of them are filled with love of my family. 文法や構成について指摘してください。

• 中学英語の添削をお願いします。

こんばんは。 簡単な英文なのですが、自信が無いので添削をお願いします。 MY MEMORIES ABOUT SCHOOL LIFE I remember many things about school. The most impressive thing was the school trip. We went to Nara and Kyoto. I visited manay places,todaiji,kiyomizudera,kinkakuji,,,. My classmates and I became friends all the more. どうでしょうか?よろしくお願いいたします。