Importance of Upcoming Parliamentary Elections in Japan

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The upcoming parliamentary elections in Japan are crucial for the future of the country.
  • Understanding the structure of the sentence with 'feel' as its center is challenging.
  • Explaining the structure of the sentence with 'put' as its center is difficult within the framework of the 5 sentence patterns.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の構造説明がわかりません

(1)Here's one indication of how important Japanese feel the upcoming parliamentary elections are to the future of their country. このfeelを中心とする文の文型について説明しなさい、という問題です。私はthe upcoming electionがS、areがV、How importantがCのSVCの文である、という説明しかできないんですが、合っているんでしょうか? (2)That put his career,his legacy,his party and Japan's economic and political future in the hands of voters. putを中心とするこの文の構造を説明し、これを5文型の中に含めることがなぜ困難なのか述べなさい。 この問題はさっぱりです・・。どうか助け舟をお願いします!

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

(1) Japanese feel (that) the upcoming parliamentary elections are (important) to ...のように,feel の目的語である that 節内の補語の部分 important に how がつき,Japanese people feel という主節の SV を飛び越えて前に出たものだと考えられます。  how important Japanese feel the upcoming parliamentary elections are to the future of their country は「来る選挙が~にとっていかに重要であるかと日本人が感じているか(ということ)」という意味になり,of という前置詞の目的語となる名詞節になっています。  連鎖関係詞節というのをご存じでしょうか。  He is a person who everyone feels is honest.「彼は,誰もが正直であると感じている人である」という意味になりますが,これは,everyone feels (that) he is honest という that 節内の主語 he が everyone feels という主節を飛び越えて前に出て,who という関係代名詞に置き換わっています。  これと同じ考えが成り立つと思います。 (2) put は put a wallet in my pocket「財布をポケットに入れる」のように,put 目的語+(場所を表す)副詞句,すなわち SVOM が基本的な使い方ですが,put O into practice や,put O in order のような場合,「置く」という物理的な意味から,比喩的に「~の状態にする」という意味になります。この場合,文型的には SVOC と考えることが可能になります。  今回の文の場合,his career ~ political future までが長い目的語となっています。「有権者の手の中に入れる」という文字通りの意味と,「有権者の判断にゆだねる」という比喩的な意味が考えられ,SVOM か SVOC か判断しにくいとは思います。  

KURI-AN
質問者

お礼

大変参考になりました!ありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

(1)元の文が Japanese feel (that) the upcoming parliamentary elections are important to the future of their country. で S one indication of …… V is S' Japanese V' feel O' how important the upcoming parliamentary elections are …… S" the upcoming parliamentary elections V" are C" how important (2)は普通に第3文型だと思います。

KURI-AN
質問者

お礼

大変参考になりました!ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の構造を説明してください

(1) The common factor in ritual behaviors is that the elaborate way how an action is performed is as important as, or more important than, the action itself. (2) The most common cause of malnutrition is economic deprivation, due to which inadequate quantities of calories or protein are consumed. (3) Not until a property has been formally deemed essential to the public good can it be taken by the government under eminent domain laws.

• この英文の構造を説明してください。

There is little hope of our team winning in the coming match. この英文の winning の部分に不定詞などいくつかある中から正解を選ぶというものです。 説明としては、winning は of の目的語に当たり、 前置詞の目的語になるのは動名詞だからここは winning を選ぶということなっていました。 この winning が前置詞の目的語であるならば、our team は何になりますか? これもやはり of の目的語となるのでしょうか? 説明では、our team が動名詞の意味上の主語とのことですが 意味上の主語と動名詞や不定詞との関係は同格とかなのですか? この文章の文型や文の成分、修飾語句などについて 逐語解説してくださると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• この英文たちについてご説明願います。

You know how many copies we print of our newspaper? ↑we print of のofの役割とは? These will start the uprising. ↑このTheseは there is, are のtheseと同じふうに捉えればよいか? Keep your peckers up! ↑この文の意味は? Keep your legs crossed! ↑この文の意味は? これら4つの文のうち1つの文に対する回答だけでももちろん結構ですので、よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の構造を教えてください

Many times a day I realize how much of my own outer and inner life is built upon the labours of my fellowmen, both living and dead and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received. という英文で、あとの方のhow earnestly I must exert myself ~の方はhow 形容詞/副詞SVという順番になっているのですが、はじめの方のhow much of my own ~の方は感嘆文の順番になっていないような気がするのですが、過去の質問をみるとhow much my own ~ とはじまっていてof が入っていないのですが、これは今自分の使っている基礎英文標準問題精講が印刷ミス?ってことなんでしょうか? あとこのmuch は形容詞、副詞どちらでしょうか?

• 次の英文の意味と構造がよくわかりません

No matter how flexible a definition of the novel one uses, establishing a set of criteria that enable Tutuola's works to be described as such applies to his works a body of assumptions the works are not designed to satisfy. applies以降の文構造と意味がいまいちよくわからないのですが、apply a bod of assumptions (the works are not designed to satisfy関係詞で修飾) to his worksを入れ替えたのかと思ったのですが...あっているのでしょうか?それだとしても意味が少し良くわからないのですが... またas suchはnovelの事でいいのですよね?

• この英文について教えてください

Of all the important cultural properties,a higher proportion of calligraphic works &classical books are designated as national treasures than are the other categories. 訳:すべての重要文化財の中で ほかのカテゴリーよりも国宝として指定されたもっとも高い割合が書籍、典籍である の文ですが 普通は ( Proportion of calligraphic works &classical books are designated as national treasures)higher than (other categories)of all the important cultural properties. このような文になると思うんですが Of all the important cultural properties,a higher proportion of calligraphic works &classical books are designated as national treasures than are the other categories. この文の場合 コンマがある理由・役割がわからないし、比較級higherの前にaはついてるし意味がわからないです コンマがある理由・役割 と この比較級についての説明をお願いします

• 英文の文構造について

「Big marketing companies know the what, where, how, and, when of their consumers' wants and demands」 という英文があったんですが、「know」から後ろの英文の文構造がさっぱりとれません。どなたか英語に詳しい方がおられましたら、ご教授下さい

• 次の英文の構造を教えてください

The measure of how well the firm has recovered from its financial difficulties will be clear early next week, when reports on profits are disclosed. 特に疑問に思っている点は、以下 1、動詞がhas recovered と will be と二つあるのではないか 2、the measure of how well と the firmの関係性。the firmをthe measure of how wellが修飾しているのか?それとも、名詞が名詞を説明している。だから、the measure of how well とthe firmは同じものか?名詞を並列させる同格の用法なのか? 3、the measure of how well の意味その物がわからない。 以上です。よろしくお願いします

• 次の英文の構造を教えてください。

「恋愛小説家」という映画で、別れを決意した女性の心を、主人公が覆す言葉です。文の構造が分からなくてモヤモヤしています。ピリオドの位置は、不正確かもしれません。特に"how you say" 以下が分かりません。"being"が使われている辺りも、お手上げです。どなたか、構文的な説明と日本語訳を教えてください。 I might be the only one who appreciate how amazing you are in every single thing that you do and in every single thought you have and how you say what you mean something that’s all about being straight and good.

• 英文を翻訳希望

以下の英文を翻訳お願いしたいです。 He puts a lot of time and effort into establishing relationships and involvements and contacts that are meaningful or which he thinks will be useful to him, in the future these acquaintanceships are like investments he makes for his future. Good at organizing and building up a backdrop of social networks of people in his life., that he can call on for various things when he needs them. He can seem to accept people exactly as they are and to be non-judgmental and even humble if he has to be Though he has a pride in him that is hard to cut down. He gains from people he thinks are greater, or wealthier or more talented or knowledgeable than himself. Or from those who have more contacts, which he adds to his own. He learns from them, while tolerating their difficultness. While others may wonder, how does he put up with this dreadful person! What does he see in this irate cantankerous character? He gives a lot of time to his friends and acquaintances and contacts And to everyone he knows however slightly he knows them.,