• ベストアンサー

英語は全く話せませんが。。

cheer up her down to me! (彼女を励ますのは 私しかいない!) のつもりで 姉の旦那様(カナダ人)に言いたいのですが。。 ケッコー強気な発言な為 意味が違うとチョット恥ずかしいので 通じるかどうか確認したいです。 もっと良い言い方があったら それも教えていただけると助かります。 よろしくお願いします<(__*)>

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

えーと、cyndi23さんが、お姉さんを励ますんですよね。つまり、 「彼女(お姉さん)を励ますのは私(cyndi23)しかいない!」 とおっしゃりたいんですよね。 で、あれば、 "Only I can cheer her up."(私だけが彼女を励ませる) "Only I can make her feel better."(私だけが彼女の気分を変えてあげることができる) "(I know that) She needs me."(彼女には私が必要=「彼女を励ませるのは私だけ」というニュアンスを含みます) なんていうのはどうでしょう。ちょっと状況が分からないので自信がないですが... お姉さんが落ち込んでいて、旦那さんではどうにもならない状態なのでしょうか。お姉さんが落ち込んでいる理由(日本語を喋る相手がいない、友達がいない、家族から遠くはなれている等)によっても励まし方は変わってくると思います。もしより的確な訳が必要であれば補足してください。

cyndi23
質問者

お礼

さっそくの回答 ありがとうございます。 「私だけが…」というのは Only I can … になるんですね(^^*)勉強になりました。 普段は義兄と日本語で会話しているのですが このセリフだけ「She needs me」で言ってみようと思います。 思いの強さが伝わると良いのですが。。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の質問です。

Let me go Let me go down, down, down, down Let me go down to my desire Let me go down, down, down, down Let me go down my door is open ある歌の歌詞の一部なのですが、上手く訳せません。let me go は離して、という意味ですよね? よろしくお願いしますm(__)m

• 副詞の有無

ずっと疑問だったのですが、cheer him up とは「彼を元気づける」という意味ですね。ですが、cheer(他動詞)という単語自体「を元気づける」と意味がありupをなくしてcheer himとだけにするのもよいのでしょうか?他に、calm him down「彼を落ち着かせる」というのもcalm(他動詞)一語で「を静める」という意味があるのでcalm himとだけにするのも有りなのでしょうか?これらupやdownといった副詞の有無がいまいち理解できていません。どのような影響をもたらしどんな時に必要なのかも教えて頂きたいです。

• 添削希望

Your messages always make me cheer up and calm down. 細かいことですが、message は単数のほうがいいのでしょうか? 添削と合わせてご教示下さいませ。

• 英文が正しいか教えてください。

英文が正しいかどうか教えてください。 First, I talk about my friends. We can meet new person in school. And we can favor them. I didn’t know anybody when I went to high school at first time. I wanted to make friends. So I was speaking her who next to me sat down. Now we are friends. But we don’t always talk. Then I thought her who is very kind by external appearances. Of course, she is kind. But rather than she is very cheer up. I can’t know she is very cheer up only external appearances. I know that I talked to her a lot of things. Then I judge a person by external appearances. But, the fact, she is very cheer up. この初めの文のfirstは、firstよりもfirstlyの方がいいのでしょうか? 違いがあれば、教えてください。 あと、訂正などあれば教えてほしいです。

• 高1英語 話法 教えてください!

テスト前で、来週まで授業がないので、答えがあってるか教えてください! 解説していただけるとありがたいです! 問 直接話法は間接話法に、間接話法は直接話法にしなさい。 (1)My boss asked me to get in touch with my client as soon as possible. My boss said to me, "You get in touch with my client as soon as possible. (2)"What's up?" I asked her. I said to her what's up. (3)She said a Christmas tree was in the her attic and she needed it brought down. She said,"a Christmas tree is in the my attic and need it brought down". (4)I said to her,"What do you want with a tree?" I asked her what you wanted with a tree. (5)She said her grandchildren were stopping by for a visit. She said to her grandchildren "You are stopping by for a visit." お願いします!

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

Maybe she panicked when she saw the barries were down on the other side. She dropped her bicycle and spilled all the groceries in her basket. People on both sides were calling to her, telling her to run because a train was coming, but she just stood there.Then suddenly a brave young man jumped over the barrier on the other side,ran to the woman, put her on his shoulder and carried her to safety.The train came in on the track closest to me, so she wouldn't have been injured, but still it was a scary moment.When the barriers came up again, some other people picked up the woman's bicycle and groceries for her.If the railway company doesn't make that crossing safer, it's only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured there.

• この英文で大丈夫でしょうか。

『私はカナダに1年間留学します。全力を尽くして頑張るので応援よろしくお願いします。』という文章を英文に書き換えたいのですが“I will go to study abroad in Canada one year. I will do my best , so please cheer for me!!”という文章では変でしょうか? 皆様の意見、お待ちしております。

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

My mother came in from the pantry with a steaming pot in her hand. She stopped midway between the table and the fire, feeling the tension flowing through the room. She followed their stare and saw me in the corner. Her eyes looked from my face down to my foot, with the chalk gripped between my toes. She put down the pot. Then she crossed over to me and knelt down beside me, as she had done so many times before. "I'll show you what to do with it, Chris," she said, very slowly and in a queer, choked way, her face flushed as if with some inner excitement. Taking another piece of chalk from Mona, she hesitated, then very deliberately drew, on the floor in front of me, the single letter "A." "Copy that," she said, looking steadily at me. "Copy it, Chris." I couldn't.

• 英語の問題

問題を解いていてどうしても分からない箇所があったので、教えていただけないでしょうか。 動詞を正しい形にする↓ (1)She (tell) (play) the part of queen. 間違いを直す↓ (2)It's only ten minute's walk from here. (3)As soon as you know the results,call up me. 前置詞を入れる↓ (4)A Japanese cannot do ( ) rice. ofかfor を入れる↓ (5)It was generous ( ) her to visit her friennd in the hospital. (6)It was rude ( ) her to talk back to the teacher. 。。この場合のofとforにどんな違いがあるんでしょうか? 英語得意な方、よろしくお願いします。

• thatとit

thatとit NHKラジオ英会話講座より I need to cheer up. Let's go shopping. That usually does it for me.(私、たいていそれで元気が出るの。) 質問: That usually does it for me.でお尋ねします。 thatとitはそれぞれ何を指しますか。it=shoppingだと思いますが、that=I need to cheer upでしょうか?itは全文に出てくる名詞のどれかを指し、thatは前文の名詞、名詞句、名詞節など、漠然と状況を指したり出来るのかな?など考えています。まだハードルが越えられません。アドバイスをお願いします。以上

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 部分印刷の設定にしても全体の頁を印刷してしまう問題について相談します。
  • お使いの環境や接続方法について教えてください。
  • 関連するソフトやアプリについても情報を教えてください。
回答を見る