• ベストアンサー

英語の抗議文の添削(長文です。すんません)

nwawingsの回答

• nwawings
  • ベストアンサー率28% (34/119)
回答No.1

まず、文章のつくりから考えて行きましょう。 苦情文書の場合は、事実をツラツラ述べるより、 この宿泊客がjasuさんのご勤務先のルールに違反していた事を強烈にアピールした方が効果的です。 例えば、>After a while his female friend visited his room. We told him whoever doesn't stay our hotel couldn’t enter customer's roomであれば 私であれば、As a visitor for him was entering the room, we certainly explained our hotel regulation which indicates that any visitors for our guest room are strictly prohibited. とか何とか書くかもしれませんね。 全部は書けませんのでご容赦を。 手紙の送付先が日本人でなく、欧米人であれば、 言いたい事をはっきり言わなければなりません。 という事で、最後の「小額にこだわっているわけではありません」では、何をして欲しいのか分りません。 何か、して欲しい事があれば書く事をお勧めします。 また、威厳がある文章をお望みのようですので、 一つアドバイスを。Couldn'tなどは短縮せずcould notにしましょう。 ビジネス文書の基本です。

jasu
質問者

補足

ありがとうございます。つらつら書くより、明確に起こったことを書いたほうが抗議文らしいのはわかっているのですが、なにぶん、うまい事、分詞やasのような接続詞の使い方に慣れていないもので・・・ we got back him で「彼に帰ってもらった」っていう意味になりますか?ちょいここの文は自信がないのです。

関連するQ&A

• S+V+名詞+形容詞で使役の意味を示せるのはmakeだけとの解説は正しいですか?

書き換え問題で、He got very angy, for she refused his request. =Her ( ) of his request ( ) him very angry. テキストの解答は、refusal とmadeでした。解説では動詞のあとがhim angryという「代名詞+形容詞」がポイント。この語順をいかして「使役」の意味を示せるのはmakeしかないので答えがきまるとありました。 わたしは、Her refusal of his request got him very angry.でも、正解だと思いいますが、いかがでしょうか? get とmake でニュアンスは多少違うと思いますが、getもある状態にするということでget a person madなどという表現はよく使うと思います。使役という言葉の定義もいろいろとあると思いますが、この問題でgotは正解か不正解か、そして、(S+V+名詞+形容詞)で使役の意味を表せるのはmakeだけとの解説は正しいのかを教えてください。

• 文型です。

各文はいずれもgetを用いている。文型を選べ。 1.She got angry with him. 2.He got his hands dirty. 3.I got your letter this morning. 4.She got home very late yesyerday. 5.I got her a pair of gloves. です。教えてください。お願いします。 S=Cが、第何文型で。。と考えていたら わからなくなりました。

• 過去完了

The adopting tradition started to fulfill Neydi’s childhood dream of owning a dog. “Carlos got our first dog, Captain, as a surprise for me. We had talked about getting a dog since we got married, so he got him for the first-year mark,” Neydi said. 過去完了が過去より前の事柄を表すのはわかるのですが、ここではCarlos got our first dogかwe got marriedかhe got himのどれの前の事を表しているのでしょうか? 見極める方法などありますか?よろしくお願いします

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-20 2/3

レイチェルが結婚式の日に婚約を破棄した元婚約者と再びデートをしました。 RACHEL: Then we took a walk down to Bendall's, and I told him not to, but he got me a little bottle of Chanel... ROSS: That's nice... now, was that before or after you told him to stop calling, stop sending you flowers and to generally leave you alone, hmm? ロスの発言が、文法的にどういう構造でどういう意味になっているのかわかりません。 何卒ご教示願います。

• 英語文法

(2)~(4)とア~ウで同じパターンの文を選びなさい 自分で考えたんですが、ダブってしまったりして、よくわかりませんでした。 よろしくお願いします。また、見分け方のポイント教えてください。 (2)They arrived at the village around noon.  S+Vだと思いました。S+V+Oと迷ったのですが。 (3)She looks very young for her age.      S+V+Cだと思いました。 (3)We will never fouget your kindness.     S+V+Oだと思いました。 アLisa told an interesting story to the children. S+V+O+Oだと思いました。 イThey got angry to hear the news.         S+V+Oだと思いました ウBirds are flying freely inthe sky.          S+V

• 自然な英語になるように、添削をお願いします。

添削をお願いします。 母がいなくなったら、私の一番の見方をなくす事になる、、、元気でいてくれさえすればそれでいい。 If I lose my mother,it means I lose most important person on my side... I want to her to be happy and healthy all the time, that's all I want. 私達は喧嘩を、次の日まで持ち込む事はありません。 彼について腹がたっても、すぐに話しかけてしまう。 何日も口をきかない、何て事は私にはできないの。彼に対してだけではなく、皆にもそうである。(そういうタチである。) We don't carry argument over to next day. Even though I get frustrated with him, the next second I find myself talking to him. It's practically impossible spending to ignore him for days. That’s not to him, my attitude is the same to everyone.

• 英語の問題についてです

"今や自分達の車を手に入れたのだから、~" という文章の英訳に "Now that we have got our own car,~" となっていたのですが、何故haveが必要なのですか?また、haveが無かったら文として成り立ちませんか? 教えて下さい(ノ><)ノ 優しい回答まってます。

• 英語 長文

訳をお願いします! Seeing George under our tree house, we invited him up to play. Not having brothers or sisters or friends to play with in our neighborhood, he was always alone. He looked happy, but paused a moment, looking up at us. Then he asked hesitantly, "Can my friend come up, too?" "Well, okay, bring him up, too," we said. George was very happy and he came up by himself. "Where is your friend?"We asked him. "He is standing next to me. He is my secret friend." We looked at each other, saying nothing. We invited George to play some Nintendo games. Playing the games, he talked to "Harvey." Then he started coming to our Saturday Club every Saturday, along with his friend, Harvey. We usually ignored Harvey, since he wasn't really there. However, we didn't mind George talking to him. One day, we were talking about admitting girls into our club. Frank and George liked this idea. But Billy and I didn't think it was a good idea. Frank suddenly said, "What does Harvey think?" Billy and I surprised. But George said slowly, "Harvey says he doesn't want any girls in the club." Disappointed, Frank looked at George questioningly. After that George and Harvey became important members of the club. Whenever a vote was tied two to two, we asked George what Harvey thought. Several weeks later, we had the same discussion about admitting girls into our club. There was a girl named Jean at school. She could climb trees, run fast and even play baseball as well as any boy. This time, only Harvey disagreed. After Jean became a member, she broke the tie vote, and Harvey became very silent. In fact, we never heard from him again.

• 自然な文を教えてください

私たちの住んでいるマンションからの飛び降り自殺はこれで2回目です。(本当の話です・・汗) (1) This is the second time a man jumped to his death from our apartment building. (2) This is the second time a man jumped off the apartment building we live. まず飛び降り自殺の言い方ですが、 (1)のようにjump to one's death from + 場所 (2)のようにJump off + 場所 かどちらの方が自然でしょうか? 次にマンションの言い方ですがこの場合建物のことを言っているので、 the apartmentだけではダメですよね? apartment buildingが一番一般的な言い方でしょうか? 上記二文よりもっと自然な言い方があれば教えてください。(書き言葉ではなく口語として) よろしくお願いします。

• 『 in the second part of the year 』の意味について

『We don't decide his next year schedule yet. But we are thinking of making him do boxing fights in the second part of the year. 』 上記の文章で、『in the second part of the year.』の意味がわかりません。 詳しい方がいましたら、よろしくお願いします。