• 締切済み

lateの使い方について

momo33xxの回答

• momo33xx
  • ベストアンサー率30% (34/111)
回答No.1

・late が副詞の場合 >returned late on Saturday 「(本当はもっと早く帰るはずが)遅れて土曜日に戻ってきた」 又は「土曜日の遅い時間に戻ってきた」 ・late が形容詞の場合 >returned on late Saturday 「土曜日の遅い時間に戻ってきた」 意味が少し変わる場合もありそうです。

関連するQ&A

• 英文のおかしい所を直してください!

I went to a driving school and an ion on Saturday. In the morning, I ran on the street by car. It was very fun. I went to an ion with a friend in the afternoon. I was very glad to be able to do shopping. 宜しくお願いします!!

• start a marriage on a lie

One of my best friends got married over the weekend like Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. I posted some pictures from the wedding on Facebook last night before getting a call from another friend, who said the groom was unfaithful on Friday night during his bachelor party. My friend has another friend, who works at a hotel and saw the groom enter his room with his exotic dancer. She left early the next morning. I feel horrible for my friend and know you can’t start a marriage on a lie. you can’t start a marriage on a lieのonはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 日本語にお願いします★

Or my other friend jazz what time would be good we will be boyfriend and girlfriend next weekend and meet me and my friend jazz at 7plex is 4:30 a good time to go to mihama next week friday with my friend jazz Is 4:30 a good time to hang out on Friday next week meet me and my friend in 7plex or mister donut in jusco bring money ↑ これ日本語にお願いします!!

• 所有格の有無について

On Friday I was drinking with friends.(金曜日は友達と飲んでいました。) という文章がわたしの使用テキストにあるのですが、 この場合、~with my friendsにしていない理由が何かあるのでしょうか? 主格と一致していても、myがついている文の方が自然に思えます。 ~with your friends 等でしたら、所有格は省略できないとは思いますが・・ よろしくお願いします。

• pick up some groceries

My good friend injured her back, so I offered to help out with chores and errands while she recovers. One of the errands was to pick up some groceries, which included items for a barbecue party. pick up some groceriesはどのような意味でしょうか? あと、ここhttps://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=cookoutにある・We went to the park and have a cook-out. : 公園に行ってバーベキューをしました。 はなぜhaveと現在形になっているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英訳して欲しいのですが。

Open every day of the year from 11.30 am to 11 pm. except on Friday and Saturday untill 11.30 pm 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 日本語にして下さい!

I went to the beach yesterday with some friends and I saw a lot of Japanese girls there. It made me think of you and how we met in Guam;-)

• ハリーポッター賢者の石の訳について。

質問です。以下はハリーポッターと賢者の石のポーションズマスターの章のはじめくらいの部分です。訳が分からないのです。 There were a hundred and forty two staircases at Hogwarts : wide, sweeping ones; some that led somewhere different on a Friday; some with a vanishing step halfway up that you had to remember to jump. この中のとくに some with a ~ 以下が分からないのです。 some with 以下は、some that you had~ というようにthat 以下でsomeがどんなものであるかをを説明ということなのか?しかし,そうすると、withのところどうしたらいいのでしょう?僕はsome with a vanishing step halfway up を「あがる途中で消えてしまう部分のある階段と訳したのですがthat以下とうまく結びつきません。だめです。とりあえず僕は以下のように訳してみました。 「ホグワースには142の階段があった。幅があって先の広がってるものや、金曜には違うところへ導く階段、ジャンプするために覚えていなければならない階段???(でその階段ってのは、途中いきなりパッと消えてしまう部分がある)???」 あと、細かな疑問に答えてくれたらうれしく思います。 0、somewhere different(違うとこ)は、different somewhereじゃだめ? 1、on a friday と on friday だと、どう違うのか? 2、halfway up のupってなにか?無くても全然かまわないのか?階段を下ろうとする場合ならdownなのか? 3、この文は、どんな締めかたをしたらいいのでしょう?うまい事言えないですが、です、ます、で終わらないとなんか変な感じがするもので。 この英文の構造の解説などもお願いしたいです。 できれば初心者に教えてくださるような感じだとなおさらありがたいです。かなりの未熟者ですので…。

• 英訳教えてください!

I went out with a friend on Saturday. 私は日曜日に友達と遊びに行きました。 At first we had lunch. 最初に昼食をとりました。 パスタを食べました。とても美味しかったです。 I ate pasta. It was so delicious. 次に○○という映画を観に行きました。 We saw the movie afterwards. 人がとてもたくさんいました。 その後サーティーワンでアイスクリームを食べました。 It was very fun.In addition, I want to go. とても楽しかったです。また行きたいです。 英訳を書いてないところと、書いてるところを自然になおして頂けると嬉しいです。 宜しくお願いしますm(._.)m

• 翻訳お願いします

If you did you wouldn't go on other date. I didn't go on date. We just spend time together last saturday and you already go on date. And we just talked about getting to know each other more and better and all of that and you gonna go on another date with another guy. I don't understand if you like somebody and interested in somebody but go out with a different man