• ベストアンサー

化学者の経歴

化学者の経歴を訳すと言う課題なのですが、化学反応の用語であるところがうまく訳せませんでした。 He earned his Ph.D. in 1966, investigating the copper-salt-catalyzed reactions of diazomethane with aromatic compounds and continued to work on his habilitation about the detection of intramolecular mobility by NMR spectroscopy. またハビリテーションとは大学教員資格ということなのらしいのですがwork on~ のあたりはいい日本語が思いつきませんでした。大体の意味はわかるのですが・・・ よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Bouquet12
  • ベストアンサー率42% (84/196)
回答No.2

まず habilitation というのは、Ph.D. の大学院生を指導できるかどうかの資格審査のことで、ヨーロッパでは教授資格審査などと呼ばれているそうです(下記サイト参照)。 化学反応の用語(化学は苦手です・・。参考までに。) (1)copper-salt-catalyzed reactions of diazomethane with aromatic compounds : 芳香族環を有するジアゾメタンの銅塩触媒反応 (2)detection of intramolecular mobility by NMR spectroscopy : NMR分光学による分子内可動性の検知 「彼は(1)の研究で1966年に Ph.D.を取得し、さらに教授資格審査に向けて (2)に関する研究も続けた」 副詞節や形容詞節の代りに分詞構文が使われますが、その意味は訳者が補わなければならず、ここでの investigating は as a result の意味合いをつけてみましたが・・。

参考URL:
http://www.eri.u-tokyo.ac.jp/AGORA/news.files/IPGP_no5/IPGP_No5.html
haruki3
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。とても助かりました。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#114795
noname#114795
回答No.1

一部のみですが, continued to work on his habilitation about 「...に関し教授資格審査に向けた研究活動を継続した」

haruki3
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 とても助かりました。

関連するQ&A

• 訳を添削をしてください

ちょっと訳の取り方が微妙なので、間違っているところ等ありましたら教えてください。 Without the right catalyst, many of the chemical reactions needed to carry on life processes could not take place fast enough. 光触媒なしに、活発な過程に運ぶのに必要な多くの化学反応は、十分早くに起こることが出来ない。 いかがでしょうか?

• amorphousの意味

辞書を引くとamorphousの意味として、非結晶、不定形、あいまい、形式にとらわれない、など書いてありますが下の例文の意味としてはよくわかりません。Amorphousをどうゆう意味で使っているのか教えてください。 Judging by the reactions of people from different cultures,you can say his work has that great amorphous thing that makes literature live. 村上春樹についてTIMEより。

• 英訳してください

Organometallic compound An organometallic compound is an organic compound that contains carbon bonded to a metal. Some organometallic compounds are highly reactive (dangerously so), while others are relatively stable. The degree of reactivity of an organometallic compound depends on the degree of ionic character of the carbon-metal covalent bond. Because carbon is more electronegative than metals, a carbon atom bonded to a metallic atom withdraws electrons towards itself. Thus, the carbon atom attains a partial negative charge and the organic group can behave as a carbanion (R3C:-). A more negative carbon is more reactive than a less negative carbon; therefore, the most reactive organometallic compounds are those containing the most electropositive metals (the alkali metals). An organometallic compound containing a less electropositive metal is less reactive. CH3CdCH3 < CH3MgI < CH3Li increasing ionic character; increasing reactivity In 1901, the French mathematician-chemist Victor Grignard reported organomagnesium halides (RMgX), now called Grignard reagent, in his doctoral dissertation. He received the 1912 Nobel prize in chemistry for his discovery and Subsequent development of the reactions of these reagents. One useful reaction of a Grignard reagent is its reaction with a ketone to yield the magnesium salt of a tertiary alcohol, which can be converted to the alcohol by hydrolysis.

• 英文の意味が分かりません

次の英文の意味が分かりません。自分なりに訳してはみたのですが、どうでしょうか。 Although we have emphasized here chemical change, a number of physical processes that do not involve any overall alterations in chemical identity are taken to lie within the province of the photochemist. 我々は化学変化をここで強調してきたが、化学の同一性のいかなる変更も含んでいない多くの物理的なプロセスは、光化学者の分野内に位置するために得られる。 Fluorescence and phosphorescence, in which light is emitted from a chemical species that has absorbed radiation, are both examples of such processes. 蛍光、およびりん光(その中で放射線を吸収した化学種から光は放射される)は、両方ともそのようなプロセスの例である。 Absorption and emission of radiation to and from excited states is studied in spectroscopy, and there is much common ground between spectroscopy and photochemistry, as there also is between photochemistry and quantum theory. 励起状態へあるいは励起状態からの放射線の吸収および放出は分光学において研究される。そして分光学と光化学の間には多くの共通部分があり、光化学と量子論との間にもある。 The rates of photochemical reactions are often of interest, so that the concepts of reaction kinetics are frequently invoked in quantitative photochemistry. 光化学反応の割合は興味深く、そのため反応動力学の概念は定量的な光化学において度々引き合いに出される。 最後の文は"reaction kinetics"をなんて訳せばよいのかが分かりません。「反応動力学」でよいのでしょうか?

• stay on top of his job

Two years ago, my husband’s personality drastically changed overnight. Months later, after showing him one of your columns, I convinced him to see a doctor. It turns out he had a minor stroke at the age of 40. He did not notice the change; however, I was concerned because his short-term memory was very limited, common sense was gone, and he was no longer affectionate or attentive with me. The first year was really hard, I helped him stay on top of his job, and I wrote extensive notes so he wouldn’t forget to feed our kids or forget to drop them off at day care on his way into work. stay on top of his jobはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、on his way into workはon his way to workと言っても同じことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• not as - but as -?

【Jack Kornfield, Ph.D., author of "After the Ecstasy, the Laundry "の書評です】 Almaas is one of the most significant voices for a new and remarkably integrated spiritual vision. [His work connects the personal, the universal, the psychological and the spiritual not as pieces put together, but as the inseparable mandala of the sacred that we are.] I respect his work to the highest degree and commend it to anyone interested in living the life of the spirit. Almaas:A.H. AlmaasでThe Point of Existenceという本の著者のようです。 [ ]のところがわかりません。和訳と解説をお願いします。

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

But he failed to ensure the fighting qualities of these soldiers earned them a proportionate share of recognition and honours. Further, despite claims that Chauvel alone had a clear view of the battle, that his coolness and skill were crucial in gaining the victory, his name was omitted from the long list of honours published on New Year's Day 1917. Murray did offer Chauvel a lesser award (a Distinguished Service Order) for Romani which he declined. On reading Murray's description in his official despatch covering the battle, and reprinted in a Paris edition of the 'Daily Mail', Chauvel wrote to his wife on 3 December 1916, I am afraid my men will be very angry when they see it.

• 日本語訳をお願いします

His opinion is completely different from mine. How could I possibly agree with him. A careful reading of his book will show you the working of his mind.=You can see how his mind works if you read his book carefully. Were it not for the 250 guards on patrol to protect the elephants in park, none of them would survive for long.=The elephant in the park survive due to the 250 guards on patrol to protect them. 上記の内容をどなたか日本語訳にしていただけないでしょうか、よろしくお願いします。

• get out of work

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6½ years. He went on vacation a few months ago without me (I could not get out of work), and he met a woman on the plane ride there. She is his age, had similar interests, and loves beer. He gave her his number with the intent of possibly setting her up with our mutual friend whom he was visiting on vacation. get out of workとsetting her up withの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします!!

和訳お願いします!! Revenues(called "turnover" in British Commonwealth countries)represent the total value that a company receives in exchange for providing services or selling goods to customers. This "total value" can take two forms: cash,or the customer's promise to pay cash in the future. For this reason, a company's total revenue for a period is not necessarily equal to the total amount of cash received by the company during the period. On an income statement covering a year ending on December 31, for example, total revenue may include some sales made on credit in November or December but not collected in cash until January. If revenue is earned from the sale of goods to customers,it is called sales. If it is earned from providing services to customers, it is called fees earned. Some companies have both types of revenue. Chevron,for example,records sales from the sale of gasoline and tires, and fees earned from automobile maintenance and repairs. Other companies have only one type of revenue:sales in a grocery store,for example,or fees earned in a video rental store. Expenses are the costs incurred by a company in the process of generating its revenues. And like revenues,expenses are recorded whether they are paid in cash immediately,or taken on credit to be paid in the future. Acompany that pays its workers their salaries on the fifth of each month for work done during the past month would pay its workers on January 5 for work done in December,but it would record this"salary expense" in December. よろしくお願いします(>_<)