• ベストアンサー

文章解釈

添付ファイル文章にある Those emotions you feel, as real as they are, come from the inside, not the outside.についての質問です。 as real as they areがどのような意味として機能しているのかわからないです。 「あなたが感じるそうした感情は、???外部から来るのではなく、内側からやって来ます。」 解説宜しくお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9738/12117)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。 >Those emotions you feel, as real as they are, come from the inside, not the outside.についての質問です。 as real as they areがどのような意味として機能しているのかわからないです。 「あなたが感じるそうした感情は、???外部から来るのではなく、内側からやって来ます。」 ⇒まず、Those emotions you feel, as real as they are, come from the inside, not the outside.の訳は、「あなたが感じる感情は、それが真実であればあるほど、外部からではなく心の中から来る(はずの)ものなのです」となります。 さて、as real as they are では、are のあとにrealが省略されています。それを補って直訳すれば、as real as they are (real)「それら〔=感情〕が真実であればそう(真実)であるほどに/真実であるのに応じて」といった感じになります。これは一般に、as ~ as構文と言われるものですが、同じas が2つあるので、紛らわしいですね。詳細を見るために、… as(1) ~ as(2) SVとして考えましょう。このas(1) は副詞、as(2) は接続詞です。「SがVするのにつれて(2) 同じく(1)~に…する」とか「SがVすれば(2) それほど(1) ~に…する」といったニュアンスを表します。つまり、as real as they are「それが真実であればあるほど」の部分は副詞節で、主節のThose emotions you feel come from the inside, not the outside全体「あなたが感じる感情は外部からではなく心の中から来る」を修飾しています。 以下、添付写真によって、原文と訳文を下記します。 On tough days we might say, “My work is overwhelming,” or, “My boss is really frustrating.” If only we could understand that this is impossible. Someone can’t frustrate you, work can’t overwhelm you ― these are external objects, and they have no access to your mind. Those emotions you feel, as real as they are, come from the inside, not the outside. 《大変な(しんどい)日のあなたは、「仕事に振り回されている」とか「わが上司にはまったく苛立つなあ」など言うかもしれません。しかし、そんなことはあり得ないということを分かってもらいたいものです。誰かがあなたを苛立たせることも、仕事があなたを圧倒することもあり得ない ― それらは外的な対象であって、あなたの心には近づきもしないことです。あなたが感じる感情は、それが真実であればあるほど、外部からではなく心の中から来る(はずの)ものなのです。》

noname#252302
質問者

お礼

大変分かりやすく解説してくださりありがとうございます。そのためしっかり理解することができました。わたしのために分かりやすい解説を作って下さりありがとうございます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文解釈

「Those who feel guilty about leaving their parents may do the same,but they are not as likely to end up happy.」 の英文の最後のthey are not as likely to end up happy.についてなんですが、このasはなんですか? happly(副詞)ではなくhappy(形容詞)なのはなぜですか? どなたか詳しくお願いします!

• 文章解釈

添付ファイル文章: For what can even the most malicious person do if you keep showing kindness and, if given the chance, you gently point out where they went wrong—right as they are trying to harm you? の文法と理解が分からないです。 このForは理由を表す接続詞ではなく、単なる前置詞、 whatは関係代名詞、 can even the most malicious person do は 理由がわからないのですが、倒置しているように感じます、 if you keep showing kindness and, if given the chance, you gently point out where they went wrongは今のつながりがよく分からないです。 「あなたが優しさを示し続ければ、そして機会があれば、あなたは優しくどの点で彼らが間違っていたかを指摘する。」 何を言おうとしている文章なのか分からないです。 right as they are trying to harm you? 「まさしく彼らがあなたに危害を加えようとしている時に?」文章単体での意味は掴めるのですが、何を意味しているのか、意味の繋がりが分からないです。 解説宜しくお願いします

• 文章解釈

以下の文章に関する質問です。 Many of the things that upset us, the Stoics believed, are a product of the imagination, not reality. Like dreams, they are vivid and realistic at the time but preposterous once we come out of it. In a dream, we never stop to think and say: “Does this make any sense?” No, we go along with it. The same goes with our flights of anger or fear or other extreme emotions. 1. Like dreams, they are vivid and realistic at the time but preposterous once we come out of it. の部分は、 「夢のように私たちを動揺させる物事は、その時は、鮮やかで現実であるが、夢から抜け出すとたんに馬鹿げたものとなる。」 と解釈して合っているのか分からないです。 2. In a dream, we never stop to think and say: “Does this make any sense?” No, we go along with it. の部分は、 「夢の中で、私たちは、決して考えることをやめず、いう。:これはありえるか?  いいえ、わたし達は、夢に従う?」 3. ここでのflights がどのように使われているのかわからないです。 解説宜しくお願いします。

• 文章解釈

以下の文章に関する質問です。 There's such a difference between when I was a teenager and got to go home and maybe call a friend for 30 minutes, as opposed to *being on and making sure you're not missing any of those social connections because the social connections keep going, even when they are not at school, and there is definitely that fear of missing out *that's there. being onとthat’s there の意味が理解できないです。 being onについてはまったく理解する手がかりがないです。 that’s there については、 miss out の目的語thatと、関係代名詞の省略、is thereが後に続いている、という理解で合っているのか自信が無いです。 解説宜しくお願いします

• 英文解釈

The poor not only suffer unequally from environmental damage caused by those better off,they have become a major cause of ecological decline themselves as they have been pushed onto marginal land by population growth and bad development patterns. これの構造と訳教えてください。

• この文章を英訳していただけないでしょうか。

この文章を英訳していただけないでしょうか。 sometimes there are people who just come to you once in a lifetime and then they disappear but they tell you that how the life has meaning and value. And if I can't to see you more again or your destination is not the States, then you will see somebody whom show you kindness.

• すみませんが誰か此方の英文章を翻訳していただけませんか?

すみませんが誰か此方の英文章を翻訳していただけませんか? ちゃんとした文章で読みたいので、英語の得意な方、宜しく御願い致します。 Zidanerfox: Do you have a favorite sex position? Chess: Laugh I knew this question would come up eventually. Hmm, I really love to be on top, but my personal favorite is definitely doggy style. Zidanerfox: What are your measurements? Chess: 40 29 39. Zidanerfox: If I am allowed to ask...are they real? Chess: Laughs again Yes, they are real. I believe you should accept yourself and be proud of your body, ya know what I mean? I like my breasts as they are even though they CAN get in the way sometime. Zidanerfox: I see. Well, what kind of things turn on a woman like yourself? Chess: Oh, that dependson the moment...but I tend to feel especially hot when I work with the kind of guys that actually see women as a real person and not as a mere sex object. Zidanerfox: Understandable. And what are yourturn offs? Chess: That would definitely be big, dumb, macho men. Zidanerfox: What kind of kemono male do you find most attractive? Chess: Oh giggles, I really, really like canine males. They have thiscute little thing, a knot at the base of the penis, I really like that. It feels so good. Blushes Zidanerfox: I.. ahm. Well, I have one last question, this one coming from a big fan of yours: Do youhave 2 or 6 nipples? Chess: Laughs once again That's a rather unusual question. Well, I actually have 6 nipples, but only the ones on my

• 指示代名詞が何を指しているかわかりません。

"Those who are called the elite in Japan come straight up to Tokyo University, and it's as if they've just a manual to study for the examination all the way along," he said contemptuously.  "They answer quiestions,but they can't ask them. Those ( ) other talents are excluded from the process." 上の英文で、 (1)第二パラグラフのThoseが何を指しているのか? (2)()にあてはまる前置詞をしたから選べ。 with,so,from,that,for,in,who.against,such,of,as (3)全訳せよ という問題がでました。 (1)(2)どっちも分かりませんでした。 (3)は第一パラグラフだけできました。 「日本でエリートと呼ばれる人は東大にストレートで入る、そして彼らはずっと試験に対して勉強するためのマニュアルしかもっていない」彼は軽蔑して言った。 誰か分かる方教えてください。

• 長文で構成がつかめません!!

NHKラジオ英会話講座より This is the kind of day that my grandmother used to call "false spring." It's one of those unusually balmy days in late February or early March that are so comfortable that they make you feel as though the bitter cold of winter has come to an end at last. 今日は僕の祖母がかって「偽りの春」と呼んでいたそういう日だよね。 とっても快適なので、冬の厳しい寒さがとうとう終わったみたいに感じさせる、2月下旬や3月上旬のいつになく穏やかな日のこと。 (質問)文章の骨格がつかめません。代名詞を中心にお尋ねします。 (1) It's one of those unusually balmy days ・・・  の[It]は前文の[false spring]を指していますか? (2)that are so comfortable・・ の[that]は関係代名詞で先行詞は、one of those unusually balmy days in late February or early March でしょうか? (3)they make you feel as though ・・・の[they]もやはり[false spring]を指していますか?   長文で質問も、し辛く困っています。文章を短く区切って解りやすく文章の流れを教えていただけませんでしょうか?  以上、宜しくお願いいたします。

• 文章解釈

以下の文章に関する質問です。 Which is why a popular trick from dieting might be helpful.Some diets allow a "cheat day"-one day per week in which dieters can eat anything and everything they want.Indeed,they're encouraged to write a list during the week of all the foods they craved so they can enjoy them all at once as a treat(the thinking being that if you're eating healthy six out of seven days,you're still ahead). the thinking being thatとありますが、 the thinking の後にbeing が入ってthat が後に続いていることをどのように解釈すれば良いのかわからないです。 意味の取り方と文法的にどのように理解すれば良いのか解説宜しくお願いします。 being を抜いた the thinking that であれば、that が同格で見慣れた形として理解できるのですが、 thinking になぜbeing があるのかわからないです。動詞としてのthink が、後にingを伴った動詞を伴わないと思うのですが、(辞書にはそのような形がありませんでした。) もし、それが実際の英語では、許容されているのであれば、この表現の形は、動詞と名詞の混ざった形であると理解したらいいのでしょうか? 解説宜しくお願いします