• ベストアンサー

fill it out for you

felixthecatの回答

回答No.2

おはようございます、主様。 原文は電話はそのままでお待ちください、と言った後で 1) I'll get the necessary form and 2) 【I'll】 fill it out <for you>. 1) 私が必要な用紙をゲットして 2) 【私が】<あなたのために>用紙をうめます と続きます。 電話での会話です ■【私が】<あなたのために>用紙をうめます を分かりやすく ■私が代わって記入させていただきます。 と意訳しました 逐語訳ではないので、 代わって、だけをを切り取れば、英文の単語のどれかを訳したのではありません。

質問者

お礼

詳しい解説ありがとうございます。 【I'll】 は省略されたということですか? 接続詞のあとの主語とbe動詞は省略されるとは聞いたことありますが、willも省略されるのですか?

関連するQ&A

• Why don't you fill out a form in triplicate?について教えてください。

DVDで英語の学習をしております。 刑事AのアパートでAの元妻が射殺されます。 Aがクロであるかのような状況証拠ばかりが明らかになり、Internal Affairsの係官がついに、Aの逮捕状を手にAの上司を訪れます。 そこにはAのパートナーであるBがいたのですが…。 (A,B:刑事、C:上司、D,E:係官) B: It's a set-up! C: It has to be. But with whom? (係官が部屋に入ってきます) D: Can we see you, Captain? E: I think we should be alone, Captain. B: Why don't you fill out a form in triplicate? I'll tell you where you can file it. C: I assume you want to see me about the ex-Mrs.A? D: And the present Mr.A. (係官Dが刑事Bをじっと見ます) C: Don't be looking at B. He ain't going anywhere. What you got? E: A warrant for A's arrest. この中の Why don't you fill out a form in triplicate? I'll tell you where you can file it. が、よくわかりません。 "3部、用紙に記入したらどうだ?どこに出すのか教えてやるよ” この文の前に、係官が ”この刑事に席はずしてもらって話したいんですがね…” と上司に言っていますから、 ”オレのパートナーの話だろ。オレ抜きで話したいなら、~”の感じととりました。 相手の言い分に納得できないときに使うのでは? と考えてみましたが。 お時間ありましたら、教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• itが指すものは?お願いします。

以下の英文は、ある海外のリゾートに泊まった人がそのホテルについて感想を書いたものです。 Oakmont is not a fancy resort, the units are small, and the view from the resort is not that great. It is comfortable and it is convenient to get into and get out of as you travel to the area attractions. This is one of those resorts that you choose because of the location, not the resort amenities. 質問は it is convenient to get into and get out of as you travel to the area attractions. という文についてです。 最初のitは何を指しているのでしょうか? 単純に形式主語としてto get into and get out of を指しているのでしょうか? それともthe hotelのようなものを指しているのでしょうか?(This book is difficult to readのような構文みたいに)

• I doubt you'll need itの意味

お世話になります。 今回は下記文中の"I doubt you'll need it."の意味がよくわからず、困っています。 【英文】I’d wish you luck, but if you’ve done everything here, I doubt you’ll need it. 【訳文】幸運をお祈りいたしますが、もしここに書かれていることをすべて実行したのであれば、私は貴方がここに書かれていることを実行する必要があったのだと思います。 以上、よろしくお願い致します。

• stay out

簡単な事で申し訳ないんですが、stay out の訳しかたで迷っています。 下の英文ですが、この場合の「stay out」 は「ストライキを続行する」でしょうか?「外に出る」なんでしょうか? 一応自分で下の様に訳してみてましたが日本文の意味も??ですし、しっくりきません。間違っているところを教えてください。宜しくお願いします。 「もしあなたが、一人で私の助けを必要とするならば、私は友達と外に出るでしょう。」 If you are alone and need my help some day,I will stay out with my friends.

• この it の位置

下記英文の it の位置は普通です。 I don't eat here.  I want to take it out.  ここでは食べません。持ち帰りたいんです。 それでは上記と違って、下記英文の it がなぜ want の直後におかれているのでしょうか。 To eat here or to go?  I want it to take out. [To take out (, please).] <引用元:下記のoutの項> http://homepage1.nifty.com/Liberty/pv/take.htm

• 代名詞の使い方(it, them, one...)

前に出てきた名詞を言い換えるとき、it, them, oneなどの代名詞を使うと思うのですが、これはどう使い分けるのでしょうか?たくさんの言い換えの方法や法則、単語などがありましたら、ぜひ教えてください。 A:I have to fill two forms out. Do you have it? B:I have both of them. They are copied already. この会話は変ではないでしょうか?

• You'll want to get that renewed. の that は 何 ?

A OK. I see that your passport expires next month. B So it does. A You'll want to get that renewed as soon as you get back to Japan. B I'll do that. Thanks for the reminder. You'll want to get that renewed. の that は 何 ?

• パリの交通に詳しい方

ホテルにオルリー空港からの行き方を聞いたところ返信が来ました。 時間と交通費はどのくらいかかるものですか? また、初パリでスーツケースを持って移動するのは大変でしょうか? 和訳もお願いできると助かります。よろしくお願いします。 from orly airport, take the "orly val". It brings you to the R.E.R station: "Antony". Take line B direction : "Mitry-claye" or "Charles de Gaulle airport". Get off at : "Chatelet les-halles". Take the way out : "rue Rambuteau". out side turn right, (you'll see a big cathedrale) take rue "Montorgueil" straight till you finf rue "leopold Bellan" here we'll be.

• then you have it

You say you can’t live like this for the rest of your life, but it doesn’t sound like your husband has ever been any different, which suggests that if you stay with him, the rest of your life is going to look exactly like the last 24 years. If part of what you are looking for right now is permission to contemplate a separation from your husband after years of trying to get him to change, then you have it. http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2017/06/dear_prudence_i_work_and_do_all_of_the_parenting.html?via=rubric_recirc_recent then you have itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• It’ll keep you sharp.

Q. Accepting Money: I recently did some landscaping work for my girlfriend’s parents. It wasn’t much trouble (it only took a weekend) but they insisted on paying me. I refused, but then they gave the money to my girlfriend to give to me. We both agreed it wasn’t necessary and ended up spending it on more landscaping stuff for her parents. I don’t have a problem with this, but I am curious: Would it have been inappropriate to accept the money? Was it impolite to refuse? A: This is a completely arbitrary ruling, as are all of my rulings, but generally speaking, if someone is offering to pay you for hours worked (always a good idea!), even if the someones in question are your girlfriend’s parents, you get to demur politely once and then graciously accept. A weekend is a long time, by the way! It’s generous of you to offer to do it as a favor, but I can understand why they felt obligated to pay you even if you’re not strapped for cash. Something tells me that if you keep dating this girl, you two are going to be locked into a very pleasant lifelong battle with her parents over who gets to pick up the check. It’ll keep you sharp. It’ll keep you sharp.はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします