Supporting Elderly Living Alone: Key Measures to Consider

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Supporting the elderly living alone requires several key measures. First, it is important for the elderly family members to live together. If this is not possible, utilizing public watch services can help ensure their well-being. Second, the adult guardianship system should be used to support elderly individuals with declining judgment and cognitive abilities. Lastly, providing life support such as regular check-ins and visits from volunteers can help maintain the safety and well-being of elderly individuals living alone.
  • To support elderly individuals living alone, it is crucial to have them live with their family members. If cohabitation is not feasible, using public watch services can be beneficial. Additionally, the adult guardianship system should be utilized to assist elderly individuals in managing their finances and making important decisions. Finally, regular visits and check-ins from volunteers can provide essential support and ensure the well-being of elderly individuals living alone.
  • Supporting elderly individuals living alone involves several important measures. Firstly, it is recommended for elderly family members to live together. If this is not possible, utilizing public watch services can help ensure their safety and well-being. Secondly, the adult guardianship system should be considered to support elderly individuals with cognitive decline. Lastly, regular visits and check-ins from volunteers can provide vital support and assistance for elderly individuals living alone.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英作文の添削をお願いします。

State what I think is necessary to support elderly living alone. First, the elderly family should live together. If you find it difficult to live together because you have a home or work, you may want to use a public watch service. In particular, elderly people with dementia usually eat rotten food, and even when it is hot, they usually become dehydrated without using an air conditioner. In order to avoid such a situation, it is necessary to create a state in which care professionals can be contacted daily or regularly by using a service such as a care facility or a home care service. is important. Second, use the adult guardianship system. As you get older, your ability to make judgments begins to decline. Furthermore, if you suffer from dementia, your daily judgment becomes more difficult. Elderly people with inadequate judgment may need help, such as managing their own money or contracting for nursing care services. Being involved in troubles that lead to disadvantageous contracts is also a social problem. I think it is necessary to use an adult guardianship system that supports money management and contracts necessary for daily life on behalf of such elderly people who have insufficient ability to make judgments. The third is to provide life support such as “watching” for elderly people living alone. Recently, the number of local connections and family relationships are increasing, and the ability to support each other is decreasing. For this reason, I thought it necessary for private and local volunteers to visit the elderly's homes regularly to confirm their safety. 日本語の文章↓ 私が1人暮らしの高齢者を支援するために必要だと思うことを述べます。 まず第1に、高齢者の家族が一緒に暮らすことです。もし自分にも家庭があったり、仕事があったりという理由で、同居が難しい場合は、公的な見守りサービスを活用すると良いでしょう。特に、認知症がある高齢者は、腐っているものを食べてしまったり、暑くてもエアコンを使わずに脱水症になってしまったりするおそれがあります。そのような事態を回避するには、家族が一緒に住むか、介護施設や訪問介護などのサービスを利用して、介護の専門家が毎日、あるいは定期的に接触するような状態をつくることが大切です。 第2に、成年後見人制度を利用することです。高齢になると、どうしても判断能力が衰え始めます。さらに認知症を患ってしまうと、日常的な判断はさらに難しくなります。判断能力の不十分なご高齢者は、ご自身の金銭の管理や介護サービスなどの契約を行うことなど手助けが必要となる場合があります。不利益な契約を結ばせるトラブルに巻き込まれてしまうことは、社会問題にもなっています。このような判断能力の不十分な一人暮らしのご高齢者に代わって、日常生活に必要な金銭の管理や契約などを支援する成年後見制度を活用していくことが必要だと思います。 第3に、1人暮らしの高齢者の「見守り」などの生活支援を行うことです。最近では、地域のつながりの減少や家族関係が希薄な場合が増え、地域の支え合う力が低下しているのが現状です。そのため、民間や地域のボランティアが、高齢者の自宅を定期的に訪問し、安否確認をすることが必要だと思いました。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9726/12098)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。問題のありそうな部分、あるいは改善できそうな部分のみについて、お書きの英文・添削文・対訳の順に併記いたします。 >State what I think is necessary to support elderly living alone. ⇒I will describe what I think is necessary to support elderly living alone. =1人暮らしの高齢者を支援するために必要だと思われることを以下に述べます。 *いきなりStateで始めると「述べよ」と命令の意味を表してしまいます。 >If you find it difficult to live together because you have a home or work, you may want to use a public watch service. ⇒If it is difficult to live together for reasons such as family circumstances or work you may want to use a public “watching service”. =もし家庭の事情や仕事との関係などの理由で同居が難しい場合は、公的な「見守りサービス」を活用すると良いでしょう。 *日本語を一部変えさせていただきました。 >In particular, elderly people with dementia usually eat rotten food, and even when it is hot, they usually become dehydrated without using an air conditioner. ⇒In particular, elderly people with dementia (cognitive impairment) may eat rotten food or become dehydrated without using an air conditioner even when it is hot. =特に、認知症(認知障害)がある高齢者は、腐っているものを食べてしまったり、暑くてもエアコンを使わずに脱水症になってしまったりするおそれがあります。 *dementiaは「痴呆」の意ですので、カッコに入れてcognitive impairment「認知障害」と補うことをお勧めします。 >Second, use the adult guardianship system. ⇒Second, it is required to use the “Adult Guardian System”. =第2に、「成年後見人制度」を利用することが求められます。 *上と同じ命令の意味を表してしまいますので、it is required to ~「~することが求められます」のようにしましょうか。 ☆(I think it is necessary to) use ⇒ utilize (an adult guardianship system that ~.) =(~する成年後見制度を)活用(していくことが必要になると考えます)。 *useは「使用する」ですので、同じごの多用を避ける意味も込めて、これをutilize「利用・活用する」と変更するといいでしょう。 >For this reason, I thought it necessary for private and local volunteers to visit the elderly's homes regularly to confirm their safety. ⇒For this reason, there is an increasing need for support systems in which private and local volunteers visit the homes of senior citizens regularly to confirm their safety. =そのため、民間や地域のボランティアが、高齢者の自宅を定期的に訪問し、安否確認をするといった支援体制の必要性が増えてきています。 *「~が必要だと思いました」を「(支援体制の必要性)が増えてきています」のように変更なさることをお勧めします。

関連するQ&A

• 英作文の添削お願いします。(大学受験用)

英語が苦手なので、文法や表現のミスなども教えていただけると嬉しいです。 【設問】 Who should look after the elderly -their families or the State? (100~150語) In my opinion, the state has to look after the elderly. This is why that it is difficult for families to take care of elderly completely. Take my home example. My grandmother is nineteen years old. She is not able to walk herself. So, we support her. However my parents come home so lately. They cannot look after her. So, I usually cook dinner and let her eat it. Then, I take a bath with her. When I finished all her care, I go to bed about eleven p.m. I have no time to use myself. As a result, I am tired. Moreover, I am often exhausted to daily care. Families such as mine need someone’s help. In short, it is necessary for the state to look after the elderly in order to protect their family.(137)

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いしたいんですが。。。

現在浪人中なのですが 添削を依頼できる方もおらずこちらに質問させていただきました。 勝手なお願いですがよろしければお願いします テーマ  オリンピックについて自分の考えを約100~150語で述べよ In my opinion, the Olympics are very important events. As you know,this is the age of globalization, so it is necessary for you to contact more actively with foreigners, but there is few opportunity to do so. Some people may say that thay have such chance since a lot of foreigners come to and live in Japan. However, I rarely see Japanese people talking with foreigners very friendly. This is the case. Then,through sports, many people can communicate with people from all over the world. In other words, the Olympics can give you such opportunity. Therefore I would say that the Olympics are very precious.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

自由英作文の添削をお願いします テーマ:A large earthquake event is expected in the Tokai area in the near future. Describe the preparations you would make in anticipation of such a disaster. If a disastrous earthquake were to occur while you were studing at this university, what would you do? 条件:3パラグラフ以上、150字以上、序論・本論・結論が明確であること   It is often said that a large earthquake occurs in the Tokai area in the near future. As I experienced the large earthquake in the Tohoku area the other day, I am very nervous about such disasters and highly motivated to prepare them. Through my experience, you should always prepare some degree of water and prepared food for a disastrous earthquake. It is because even a convenience store is closed just after a large earthquake. Next, if a disastrous earthquake were to occur while I were studying at this university, it would expected that many people are in panic. I know being in panic lead a second disaster. Thus, I would let students around me keep calm down, get out of this university, and move to safety area like play ground. After doing this, I would offer the leader’s instruction. This would make damages of a disaster as less as possible. Although you are often told to prepare a large disaster, you may do not know how to prepare for it. Preparing water and prepared food is necessary, of course, but it is more important that you talk about what would you do when a disastrous earthquake were to occur with people around you in daily life in advance. I believe that many people always imagine this may lessen the serious damages.(222words) 本日は英語の試験時間である90分の最初に英作文を書きはじめました(いつもは最後でした) 時間は35分近くかかってしまいましたが、自分としてはいつもの作文より筋がとおっているかな、と思っています。 添削して頂く際、この問題の配点を100点として、何点くらいの評価か、回答者様の主観でかまいませんので評価して頂けたらありがたいです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

長文で堅苦しい内容になってしまいましたが、添削をお願いします(^-^) あと、これは大学入試用です。 TOPIC starting foreign language education at a very early age is a good idea. I'm for this opinion. There are TWO reasons.First of all,clearly,little children aged up to three can absorb a lot of information at a rate grown-ups cannot.Responsive to sound,they are very efficient learners of new language, so they will be able to acquire two languages such as Japanese and English with little difficulty.This will be a good advance, because they will have more time learning other important subjects,say math,science,histry,and so on. Second,learning foreign language does not only mean you are learning how to read and write,but it also means you are studying other culture.It must be great that you know several culture, because it means you can understand things at global point of view without predudice.Acquiring such perspective is indispensable for people of today.

• 自由英作文の添削をして下さい。

自由英作文の添削をして下さい。 辞書等使わずに書いたのでおかしな部分は多々あるかと思いますが、よろしくお願いします。 問)あなたの住んでいる町に産業廃棄物処理施設が建設されることになりました。そこで近隣の住民から反対運動が起きています。あなた自身はこの計画についてどう思いますか。あなたの意見を100語程度の英語でまとめなさい。 I disagree with the plan making an industrial waste disposal facility. I have two reasons. First,what you make this facility will destroy environment because you cut trees and close the sea to get a wide ground for it. Second,if you make it,industrial waste will not reduce. It is true that such a disposal facility may be useful,but people don't think that they have to decrease industrial waste because there is a disposal facility. It is more important to think a plan which reduce industrial waste and put it into practice than to make an industrial waste disposal facility. (102語)

• 至急!英検2級の英作文添削お願いしたいです

英検2級の英作文の添削をお願いしたいです!! (添削だけでもいいのですが、もし可能な方がいらっしゃったら、採点までお願いしたいです>_< ) TOPIC Some people say that more apartment buildings should allow pets such as dogs and cats. Do you agree with this opinion? I disagree that more apartment buildings should allow pets such as dogs and cats. I have two reasons. The first reason is that it is stressful for neighbors. This is because such as dogs and cats sometimes ran noisily around the room. Therefore, neighbors feel stress by it sound. The second reason is that such as dogs and cats have a possibility to scratch the wall. As a result, they destroy the wall. Therefore, room environment is likely to get worse to worse. In conclusion, I strongly disagree with this opinion. (90語)

• 英作文

英作文の採点をしていただきたいです 問題 次の英文の指示に従って3分程度の英語で書きなさい。 It is difficult for you to do some things if you are alone. But if you do such things with other people,you don't think they are difficult. Find one example among those things in your life and write about it. My answer It is difficult for me to play the guitar. Playing the guitar is fun.But I can't play it well. My friend can play the guitar very well. So I am helped by my friend.And I can play the guitar well. 減点されない文になってますか? 採点よろしくお願いいたします。

• 自由英作文を添削してください!

慶応義塾大学の自由英作です、この大学の問題は解いたことがないので分かりません。 何について書くかというと まず状況から言うと、地元の高齢者ハウスを応援するために、二人の高校生がポスター何枚か学校に掲示します。 でも、少人数しか集まらなくてはじめられない。 指示が、どのようにしたら人数を集めることができるかということです。  ポスターの内容  ・場所がかいてあり  ・日時が毎週日曜・9時から   ・人数25人  ・活動内容は、話し相手、食事の補助、散歩の付き合いなど です  条件があって    ・生徒たちはなぜ少ししか応じてくれなかったのか。    ・どういう行動をとるべきか。    ・なぜその行動がうまくいくとかんがえるのか。 指定語数は100語です。 僕は136字書きました。 よろしくおねがいします。 Recently there has been a few young people who are interested in volunteers for caring elderly people. This is why, only a few students responded. I think that there are many things which they can in order to gather people. I think that they should interest people who are indifferent to the volunteer activity.For example , they talks eagerly over it with their friends in person. Then , I would like to mention poster. First, I think they change a.m.9:00 to a.m.10:00.This is because young people are poor at getting up early.when they are used to doing it, they should return to a.m.9:00 . I also think they should draw pictures and make it colorful in order to attract people. It is the most important thing is to convey their passion.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

「Social statusとHealthを関連させて食について論じなさい」 字数指定はありませんが、過去の問題から推測すると少なくとも100字は必要だと思います。 点数を25点満点でつけて頂きたいです。 よろしくお願いします。  (1)It is important to consider both social status and Health. This is why there are many food problems such as unbalanced nutrition, eating without measure, and food shortage yet to be resolved.  (2)There are, for example, my friends who eat many instsnt foods almost everyday. One of my friends had had a serious stomachache for three monthes. This desease was due to overeating instant foods. It is true that the instant foods are low expense, but they lack in nutrition.  (3)Arother example is overeating and foodshortage. Former and later are related with each other. I have watched a very fat people and small, poor children who are not able to eat enough foods on TV. I often think the part of which people who eat to excess eat should be given to poor people.  (4)There are other many problems yet be resolved. We shoud take food problems like above exampleks into considering .

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

問い:Do you like living where you live now,or would you rather live somewhere else in Japan or in the world? Why? Answer these questions as completely as you can. Use detail. Make us see and hear and smell and touch the place you are in ,or the place you imagine. Write in English on your answer sheet. I like living where I live now. I live in Gifu.there are two good reason why I like living in Gifu. First of all, there is good environment for living. Urban like Tokyo ,it is convenient for us to live in. However, there are some environmental problems such as air pollution and water pollution and etc. In contrast, Gihu is clean air and water. Moreover, there is few environmental problems. It is confortable for us to live there. Second, Gihu is a easygoing place. Urban are busy place. I like easygoing place better than busy place because I would like to act my own pace. I feel that people who live in urban are always busy and hurry. I do not want to disturb my own pace. That is all reason I want to live in Gifu