No Stirred Emotions: A Tale of a Non-Romantic Lover

このQ&Aのポイント
  • He was not excited over the prospect of marrying her, for she stirred in him none of the emotions of wild romance that his beloved books had assured him were proper for a lover.
  • 彼女と結婚すると考えても、彼は心がおどらなかった。彼の愛読する書物によると恋する者にふさわしいと断言されている熱烈なロマンスの感情が、彼女を見ても彼の心には少しも起こらなかったからである。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

stirred in him none of~

He was not excited over the prospect of marrying her, for she stirred in him none of the emotions of wild romance that his beloved books had assured him were proper for a lover. 彼女と結婚すると考えても、彼は心がおどらなかった。彼の愛読する書物によると恋する者にふさわしいと断言されている熱烈なロマンスの感情が、彼女を見ても彼の心には少しも起こらなかったからである。 she stirred in him none of~の文法的な解釈がわかりません。 stir in の心の中をかき乱す none of ~ ~の何も(代名詞)

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。she stirred in him none of~の文法的な解釈がわかりません。  主語:she    彼女は  動詞:stirred   (感情などを)起こす   副詞句:in him   彼の(心の)中に  目的語:none of the emotions of wild romance that his beloved books had assured him were proper for a lover. 彼の好きな本が愛人にふさわしいと確約した様な野生的でロマンティックな感情のいづれでも~~ない 2。stir in の心の中をかき乱す  これは眠っている感情を起こす、と言ういい意味です。 3。none of ~ ~の何も(代名詞)  の何も~~ない 4。訳  彼は、彼女との結婚に乗り気ではなかった、と言うのは、彼女は、彼の心の中に眠っている彼の好きな本が愛人にふさわしいと確約した様な野生的でロマンティックな感情を全然目覚めさせなかったからである。 5。これをいい訳にするのは質問者さんにお任せしますが、  彼は好きな本の中に出てくす野生的で激烈な恋愛を夢見ていて、彼女はそれとは正反対の人だったみたいなことでしょう。 

renrentipo
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 このin him とnone of の品詞がはっきりとわからず困っていました。大変わかりやすいご回答で参考になりました。ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。  stir の意味は、下記の5や6が適当だと思います。   https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=stir

renrentipo
質問者

お礼

補足もして頂きありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• None for me,.......

John: I think I’ll order another round of decaf. Is everybody in? Tina: None for me, thanks. It’s about time for me to get going. (質問) (1)Is everbody in? ですが、inの後に言葉が省略されていると思います。どのような言葉でしょうか? (2)None for me, ですが、Noneの前に言葉が省略されていると思います。どのような言葉でしょうか? (3)none,no, notの区別がつきません。それぞれの、使い方を教えて下さい。not,noは間違いでしょうね。どうしてですか? None for me, Not for me, No for me,  分り易く、実用的な説明を希望します。よろしくお願いいたします。以上

• None of this is on you.

And with that said, here's the thing, dude: you were actively and intentionally deceived by Tammy into believing that she was two years older than she actually is, which means that not only are you not a pedophile for drooling over her photos, but you really need to cut yourself some slack for receiving them in good faith. Morally speaking, you didn't do anything wrong here. And while this girl's reasons for lying may be sympathetic, the risk she exposed you to (not to mention anyone else she sexted with) is pretty unforgivable, and your rage is both natural and valid. Her actions have the very real potential to ruin the lives of innocent men, which is both appalling and completely her fault. None of this is on you. 最後の文のonはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• save him from himself

My five year-old son is starting kindergarten and wants to dress himself. None of his clothing matches and I’m worried his friends and others will make fun of him for the way he looks. He is insisting on picking out his own clothes. My husband and I are torn over what to do. Do we allow him to pick his own clothes OR do we save him from himself and demand he wear what we tell him to? save him from himself はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• in the barest of senses

Back in October, my boyfriend essentially ended our three-and-a-half-year relationship. He said he couldn’t do it anymore, wasn’t happy, and found someone else even though (as he would admit) I gave him no reason to be unhappy. He stayed around to offer me moral support; my college graduation was coming up in December and I was a mess. But he replaced me with a girl he’d known for six months, pushing me off and rescheduling things with me for this other girl even though he and I were still together in the barest of senses. in the barest of sensesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• of

英語やり直し組です "this new cycle of Iraq films that are coming out, which really are again mostly about the home front, seem to really portray a very skeptical home front populous, soldiers returning with criticism of the way the war was handled, attempts of covering up crimes and so on." (1)attempts of coveringのofについて attemptはat doingで「~する試み」だったと思うのですがofでいいのでしょうか? ofには強い繋がりが感じられるので大丈夫のような気もしますが、もしいいのならforなどでもいいのでしょうか?またat donigとの違いは何なのでしょうか? He tries to convince her not to go see what's left of him (2)of himのofについて これも強い繋がりでofなのかもしれませんが、私にはaboutやonが真っ先に浮かびofを使っていいのかどうかがよくわかりません。。。 こちらもonとofの違いがいまいちわかりません。。違いは何なのでしょうか? お願いします。。

• inquire of, attento, deny A B

(1)I inquired of him about the matter. このinquired ofはどう訳したらいいのでしょうか? (2)Since I am busy, would you attend to that matter for me? attend toは「~に注意する」「~に精を出す」という意味のようですが、「私のためにその問題に注意してください」みたいな感じになってしまい、何かしっくりきません。どう解釈したらいいのでしょうか? (3)Her parents deny her nothing she asks for. deny A Bで「AにBを認めない」のようですが、「彼女にを(nothing she asks for)認めない」のnothing she asks forはどう解釈したらいいのでしょうか? 

• histric nature of

The South Carolina primary was the first contest of the year in which race rose to the forefront. While Mr. Obama seldom directly mentioned the historic nature of his candidacy, it was not lost on the thousands of voters who turned out to see him in all regions of the state. historic nature of his candidacyの大意を推測でも良いので教えてください。natureとかに慣れたいと思います。

• 前置詞inの意味がわかりません

In creating luck for others, you yourself may reach the highest pick. This was a very hard decision for Dr. Kanto personally; yet, in making it, she was following the accepted medical practice of triage. 1つ目の文のIn creatingのinと2つ目の文のin making itのin 2つともinのあとに動詞が来てます このinはどういう意味かわかりません どなたか教えてください

• power of attorney

My soon-to-be ex-wife and I live on the West Coast, while my 92-year-old mother lives in a senior facility in New York. She is happy there. She is still mentally sharp, but her body is starting to become frail. My wife has become the primary caregiver for Mom. She visits a few times a year and pampers Mom with pedicures, foot massages, etc. She also has Mom's power of attorney for her financial affairs, and hence the dilemma. power of attorney for her financial affairsとは簡単に言うとどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• be動詞の後のof

For most people, their first time witnessing a baby being born will be of their very own. For most older siblings, their first sight of their newborn brother or sister is usually of him or her wrapped up in a hospital blanket. この二つの文のbe動詞の後のofの意味と使い方について教えてください。よろしくお願いします。