Save Him From Himself

このQ&Aのポイント
  • My five-year-old son wants to dress himself for kindergarten, but his clothing doesn't match and I'm concerned about others making fun of him.
  • My husband and I are unsure whether to let him pick his own clothes or insist he wears what we tell him to.
  • We're torn between allowing him to express himself and protecting him from potential criticism.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

save him from himself

My five year-old son is starting kindergarten and wants to dress himself. None of his clothing matches and I’m worried his friends and others will make fun of him for the way he looks. He is insisting on picking out his own clothes. My husband and I are torn over what to do. Do we allow him to pick his own clothes OR do we save him from himself and demand he wear what we tell him to? save him from himself はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"save him" で「彼を(辱めから)救う」 "from himself" で「彼自身から」 "save him from himself" で「彼を彼自身から救う(辱めを受けないよう彼の行動を制す)」 (似合わない服装を選ぼうとする息子が友達から笑われないよう、服選びを自らしたがる息子を制して、親が代わりに決めてあげる)

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• catch himself

My father had an ulcer that became infected. It was relatively simple to cure but he refused to believe the doctors. Instead he diagnosed himself with some sort of virus. He stopped taking his medicine. He created his own ointments instead. He’s very intelligent so his reasoning could sound very convincing. It was hard to identify when it crossed the line into mental illness. But the infection never healed. He went from surfing and swimming every day to barely being able to walk. He aged twenty years. And still he refused to go to a doctor. He’d isolate himself from anyone who challenged him. When he finally collapsed and was admitted to a hospital, the doctors said he had the lowest red blood cell count they’d ever seen. Only then did he accept that things were out of his control. He’s much healthier now. He’s almost back to normal. He’ll occasionally fall into the old script of defending his actions, but he manages to catch himself. catch himselfはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• by himとby himselfの違いは?

we did not hire additional help because Ms Smith has assured us that he can complete the project by_とあるんですが 選択肢の候補にhimとhimselfがあって 正解はhimselfなんですが、himではいけないんですか?by him by himselfはどう違うんですか?

• run interference

My boyfriend killed himself last week. We had a fight after he went through my phone, we argued, and he threw a glass against the wall. I left to stay with some friends. He called and texted and emailed me; I told him I wanted to break up because everything was too exhausting to deal with. He threatened to kill himself, and I hung up. I cried myself to sleep that night, and I woke up to find out he took his father’s gun and shot himself. I am so numb right now. My friends have been running interference, grabbing my clothes and laptop from his apartment (his sister tried to destroy them) and screening my calls. run interferenceはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

Calvin works only enough hours to leave time to drink at his favorite bar, which is across from the store where he and my husband work. We usually drive him to work, he works for about four hours and then drinks at the bar until my husband picks him up to come home (we live less than two miles away from the store). Calvin has four grown children who live about an hour away. Yesterday, one of his kids gave Calvin a car. He does not have a driver's license and today he drove himself to work. As I write this, it's too early in the day to know if he stopped at the bar before driving himself home. What should I do, if anything? it's too early in the dayのin the dayはなぜ必要なのでしょうか?あと、ここでのif anythingの訳し方を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• thatの先行詞の決定について

It can help him accept the fact that there is much in the world that differs greatly from what he sees around him and to which he must learn to adapt himself. という文章があります。 that differs greatly from what he sees around him and to which he must learn to adapt himself の先行詞についての質問です。 英文の解説ではmuchが先行詞なのですが、自分はthe worldが先行詞でもいいんじゃないかと思ってしまいます。 なぜ、muchが先行詞になるか、納得できる説明が欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• コービーがハワードに対して語ったものです。どなたか

和訳をお願い致します! "I hope he [returns]," Bryant said. "It's just a matter of what he feels in his heart and what he wants to do. He kind of has reached a crossroads in his career. I think Los Angeles is a perfect spot for him to assert himself and put his foot down and have his career really take off and be what it should be. There is no better place for centers to be than Los Angeles. "I will talk to him. Bring him out to the house, chill with him a little bit and watch another cartoon movie or something. We'll have a good time."

• よろしくお願いします

I've been married for four years. My husband is a good man. He's really good to me, but lately it feels like our marriage is in a rut. We don't have any children, so I feel that some our attention should be focused on "us," but he stays on his computer all day, and when he's not on his computer, he's got his nose in his phone. I'm all about letting him have his "you time," so I let him do his own thing, and I go and do my own things, but I would still like some "us" time every now and again. he's got his nose inはhe's caught up inと同意でしょぅか?あと、I'm all about はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I went to my favorite cafe in Nashville and saw a man on the corner sitting on a curb with his pants down, just going to town on himself. He scooted his butt off the curb and took a shit, then tried to brush it away from himself with his free hand. It did not brush away. It smeared. He held his poop hand away from him and kept jerking it. 全文の和訳を教えてください。on himselfはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳お願いします。

Let children learn to judge their own work. A child learning to talk does not learn by being corrected all the time: if corrected too much, he will stop talking. He notices a thousand times a day the difference between the language he uses and the language those around him use. Bit by bit, he makes the necessary changes to make his language like other people's. In the same way, children learning to do all the other things they learn to do without being taught to walk, run, climb, whistle, ride a bicycle own performances compare their with those of more skilled people, and slowly make the needed changes. But in school we never give a child a chance to find out his mistakes for himself, let alone correct them. We do it all for him. We act as if we thought that he would never notice a mistake unless it was pointed out to him, or correct it unless he was made to. Soon he becomes dependent on the teacher. Let him do it himself. Let him work out, with the help of other children if he wants it, what this word says, what the answer is to that problem, whether this is a good way of saying or doing this or not.

• 和訳お願いします!

Barkley believes that what he does in his private life is his own business and should not be important to anyone else. I do not think it's your decision to make. お願いします(>_<)