• ベストアンサー

句読点の使い方が滅茶苦茶[英語]

chubbychubbyの回答

回答No.5

一応句読点を使うべき所につけてるのでマシな方かと。若者だけでなく大人もスマホで文章打つことが多くなってるので、句読点がほとんどないとか、すべて小文字、オートコレクト機能が勝手に変換した単語が間違った単語だと気付かないままとか、書いた物を読み直すことなくSNSに投稿したりメッセージ送るなんてのが珍しくないのでいろいろひどいもんです。トランプ大統領もTwitterでのスペルミスがいろいろと話題になってるので、年齢に関係なく気にしない人は気にしないという感じかと。

noname#236835
質問者

補足

いわゆるネットでのやり取りではどんな英文を書こうと基本的に個人の自由ということになりますが、句読点を全く使わない、全部小文字で書くなど、ネット通販業者までがやってるのは、要するに基礎的な教養がないからでしょう。 なお、ここのような英語に関する質疑応答サイトの投稿の場合は、句読点の使い方が滅茶苦茶だと読む気にもなりませんね。 また、トランプさんあたりになると、そもそもネットに投稿などしない方がよろしいでしょう。

関連するQ&A

• 英語

1.She started drinking and staying out late at night,((1)what (2)which (3)in whom it (4)to which she) caused her parents a great deal of anxiety. 2.His hair was going gray,(1)which (2)what (3)that (4)its) fact bothered his wife a great deal. 3.When taking a test,many people have ((1)to be so (2)to collect (3)that's (4)what's) called "test anxiety". 4.His hard work made the company ((1)which (2)what (3)how (4)that)it is today. できれば訳もお願い致します。

• ネイティブも間違う?

ジャネットジャクソンのインタビューを収録したスクリプトに ..., and I think a great deal of that had to do truly with keeping it a secret. 文法的にあってます? a great deal のまえに it's が省略されてる? ...of that had to do.... は ...of what had to do ...じゃないと駄目? 文法的解説などお願いします。

• 英語の関係詞についてです。問題の採点お願いします。

関係詞の複合関係代名詞、複合関係副詞の問題です。 各組の文がほぼ同じになるように()内に適語をいれなさいと言う問題です。 1.No matter ( what ) they say, do what you think is right. ( Whatever ) they say, do what you think is right. 2.He takes a walk every morning ( however ) cold it is. He takes a walk every morning no matter ( how ) ( cold ) it is. 3.She is with her dog at any time I see her. She is with her dog ( whenever ) I see her. 間違っているところがあったら教えてください! 和訳も添えていただけると嬉しいです。 ご協力お願いします。

• what’s the deal を含んだ文の意味

what’s the deal を含んだ文なのですが、意味がよく分かりません。  I called to find out what the deal with the shipment was. = I called to find out what was going on with the shipment.  What’s the deal with the dancing ? =What’s the reason for the dancing? 上の文は本当によく分かりません。下の文は「そのダンスは何ですか?」になるのですか?それともresonが入っているので、「そのダンスをする理由はなんですか?」になるのでしょうか?

• 英語の質問

・However, perhaps a more basic question is why we dream anyway? この why~の部分は why do we dream anyway じゃないんですか? ・Most of these people are elderly and when they die , they will take their language with them. 絶滅しそうな言語のことについての文の一部です。最初のthese people は 絶滅しそうな言語を話す人 をさしてると思います。最後のwith them は何を指していますか? ・I woke up with a lovely tune in my head. I thought, That's great , I wonder what that is? I wonder what that is?  の部分の語順がよくわかりません。どういうことでしょうか?

• 英語の翻訳

以下、イギリス人とebyでやり取りの中です、google翻訳で何言ってるかわかりませんでした。 翻訳できる方お願いします。 What world do you live in where a buyer can dictate to a seller how much he can sell his good for ? I think it best if you found someone else to buy these parts from. Peculiar that you now know how to write in English. I find it very difficult to deal with fools who think they can tell me what they think and expect me to go along with it, I prefer not to deal with these people as is the case here.

• thatについて

以下についてお教え頂けないでしょうか? M&S, Ltd., had been trying to win local government approval for 15,000-square-meter department store with an adjoining parking lot for 350 vehicles. However, M&S, Ltd., failed to convince the local government planning authority that the development would be in keeping with the style of such a sensitive location. この文章は M&S, Ltdが用地を買収して、デパートを作ろうとしたが、失敗した。というものです。 1)この文章に出てくるthatは同格のthatでしょうか? 間違っていましたら先行詞ともどもお教え頂けないでしょうか? 文法的にどうのように考えたらよいかを含めご指導頂ければ幸いでございます。

• 英語が分からないので教えてください。

問題文は次の通りです。 Match each statement with an expression that has a similar meaning. 1.Is this a good time to call? 2.Sorry about that. 3.I didn't catch that. 4.Have you got a couple of minutes? 5.I'm beginning to have second thoughts. 6.Your new European team is on top of things. 7.I want to see exactly where we stand. A.Do you have a moment? B.I want to know what our situation is. C.I didn't hear what you said. D.Is it convenient for you to speak now? E.They have everything under control. F.I do apologize. G.I'm starting to have doubts.

• 英語の質問です!!

英語の質問です。 (1)以下の2つの空所問題が分かりません。解答、解説をお願い致します。 (1) ___________ I should deal with this situation I don't know. A) That B) Which C) How D) What (2) Rich ____________ the old man is, he is stingy. A) but B) as C) however D) what (2)以下の2つの間違いさがしが分かりません。間違いがある場合は訂正を無い場合はCと書き解説をお願いします。 (1) Some students were present at the orientation meeting and some were not. (2) We learned the fact the earth turns around the sun in the science class.

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

Many years later and thousands of miles away - in 1990 in California - he received a standing ovation from 7,000 people after this speech.  What did Victor Frankl do that most people with problems don't do? He vividly imagined a future in which his problems were resolved and then worked backward to the present to determine what he would need to do in order to make that future a reality. If you are stuck with a problem, just turning your gaze from the past to a future in which the problem is no longer with you is a major change in the way of viewing the problem. Then, of course, you would have to work backward to the present to figure out what you could do to make that future a reality, rather than just an appealing fantasy.