Eliminating the Gender Gap: Where Things Stand

このQ&Aのポイント
  • There is a small movement for women's rights, despite the desire to eliminate the gender gap.
  • Iceland, once a male-dominated society, became the most gender-equal country due to women raising their voices.
  • This is the current state of affairs in the fight for gender equality.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

添削お願いします

1)There are a lot of people who wishes the eliminate the gender gap, but small for women's movement is where things stand right now. 2)Iceland was also the male-dominated society before. There is the reason to became the most gender equality country is "women raised jointly their voices." <女性運動についてです> 「多くの人が男女差別をなくすのを望んでいますが、女性運動の動きが小さいのが現在の状況です」 「アイスランドも以前は男性(中心)社会でした。男女平等世界一になれたのは「声上げた女性たち」がいたのが理由です」 *This is where things stand right now. 「これが現在の状況です。」を参考にして一文目は作りました。 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• wxw
  • お礼率89% (1045/1166)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9723/12095)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。*のあとに語句を、⇒のあとに添削文を掲げ、最後に添削文(と訳文)を添付いたします。 >1) There are a lot of people who wishes the eliminate the gender gap, but small for women's movement is where things stand right now. >「多くの人が男女差別をなくすのを望んでいますが、女性運動の動きが小さいのが現在の状況です」 *~をなくすことを望んでいる:wishes /hopes to eliminate ~。to不定詞を使います。 *女性運動の活動が小さすぎる:activities of women's movement are too small。「動きが小さい」より、「活動が小さすぎる」(...too small)とすればより明快になります。 *~というのが現在の状況です:the current situation is that ~。 ⇒There are a lot of people who wishes / hopes to eliminate gender gap, but the current situation is that activities of women's movement are too small. >2)Iceland was also the male-dominated society before. There is the reason to became the most gender equality country is "women raised jointly their voices." >「アイスランドも以前は男性(中心)社会でした。男女平等世界一になれたのは「声上げた女性たち」がいたのが理由です」 *以前は男性社会でした:was a male society / a male-dominated society before / in the past。a male societyは「男性社会」、a male-dominated societyは「男性支配の社会」といった感じですね。 *この国が男女平等の点で世界一になれたのは~からであった:The reason why this country became the best in the world in terms of gender equality was because ~。「この国が」、「~の点で」(in terms of ~)などを補いましょう。 *「それを求めて声を上げた女性たちがいた」:"there were women / ladies who raised their voices for it"。「それを求めて」(for it)を補うとより明快になります。 ⇒Iceland was also a male society / a male-dominated society before / in the past. The reason why this country became the best in the world in terms of gender equality was because "there were ladies who raised their voices for it". (添削文まとめ) There are a lot of people who wishes / hopes to eliminate gender gap, but the current situation is that activities of women's movement are too small. Iceland was also a male society / a male-dominated society before / in the past. The reason why this country became the best in the world in terms of gender equality was because "there were women / ladies who raised their voices for it". 《多くの人が男女間格差をなくすことを望んでいますが、「女性運動の活動が小さすぎる」というのが現在の状況です。 アイスランドもまた以前は男性社会でした。この国が男女平等の点で世界一になれたわけは、「それを求めて声を上げた女性たちがいた」からでした。》

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 詳しくご説明していただき大変わかりやすかったです。 a male-dominated societyは「男性支配の社会」と言う意味なんですね。 ただ単に男性中心の社会といいたい場合はmale societyだけでもニュアンスは通じるんですね。 勉強になりました。添削文、参考にさせていただきます。

関連するQ&A

• 添削をお願いします!!!!!

添削をお願いします.この英文は正しいですか? 私は、私にとって新しいもののある場所へ行きたい。 I'd like to go to a place where there is new things to me. 近頃は世話好きの人がほとんどいなくなった。 There is few people who is always willing to help.

• 添削お願いします

The background that other countries such as Iceland eliminated the gender cap has figure of the people who raised their voice and created actions. It is important to be proactive and speak up about the gender gap. 「アイスランドの他の国が男女差別を撤廃できた背景には、声を上げ行動を起こした人々の姿があります。男女差別に対して積極的に行動し声を上げることが重要です。」 *積極的に行動する=be proactive *声を上げる=speak up を使いました。別の文章でraise voiceを使ったので違う表現にしようと思いそちらを使いました。 こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。

• 英訳と添削をお願いします

英訳と添削をお願いします、自分でできるだけやってみましたが、かなりめちゃくちゃだと思います。 2は全然わかりませんでした、なるべく簡単な英語でお願いします。 1私は完全な男女平等はありえないと考えます。 2男女にかかわらず世の中に完璧な平等はあり得ないし、不要だと思うからです。 学校でもジェンダーフリーの考え方を取り入れて、男女別の出席簿をやめたりしましたがそれに何の意味があるのでしょう? 3男尊女卑は古い考えですが、男性は職場、女性は家庭というのもやみくもに否定しなくてもいいのでは?とも思います。 4働きたい女性は働き、家庭を守りたい女性は子供を育てればいいと思います。 5男女の違いを否定しないで女性の権利を拡大できればよいと思います。 1番I think perfectly sexual equality is nothing. 3番There is no way perfectly equality around the world regardless of men and womenand and that is needless. 4番Though predominance of men over women is old opinion,・・・・ Woman who want to work should work and woman who want to guard her’s home should bring up children. 5番Deffirent men and women isn’t denty and woman right ought to extend.     よろしくお願いします。

• 添削お願いします

Unfortunately, it is reminds the simple idea that women's happiness is marriage in Japanese society. 「女性の幸せは結婚という単純な考え方が、残念ながら、未だに日本社会には残っている。」 By resolving the gender gap, the responsibility that having women and men release, and it shows independence each other. 「(家庭を持った時男性と女性にはそれぞれ責任がある、と言う考えがいまだにある。)男女差別を解決することによって、男女が持っている責任を解放させ、そしてそれはそれぞれが互いに自立する事を示す。」 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

問い:Do you like living where you live now,or would you rather live somewhere else in Japan or in the world? Why? Answer these questions as completely as you can. Use detail. Make us see and hear and smell and touch the place you are in ,or the place you imagine. Write in English on your answer sheet. I like living where I live now. I live in Gifu.there are two good reason why I like living in Gifu. First of all, there is good environment for living. Urban like Tokyo ,it is convenient for us to live in. However, there are some environmental problems such as air pollution and water pollution and etc. In contrast, Gihu is clean air and water. Moreover, there is few environmental problems. It is confortable for us to live there. Second, Gihu is a easygoing place. Urban are busy place. I like easygoing place better than busy place because I would like to act my own pace. I feel that people who live in urban are always busy and hurry. I do not want to disturb my own pace. That is all reason I want to live in Gifu

• 添削お願いします

(In other words, if more women are added to the labor force, it is expected that greater economic benefits will arise than when the same number of male workers are joined. )I suppose it leads to go up in the ranking of gender gap. Although it has become clear on the number, I have never really experienced such as see and call on women’s movement. ()以降を添削して欲しいです。 「それは男女差別のランクを上げるだろう。(Grobal Gender Gap Indexのランクの事です。別の文章でその件については述べています)数字で明らかになっているにも関わらず、女性運動を見たり呼びかけられた経験がほとんどない。」 *seldomを使わずhaven't really としました。 こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。

• That being? where to now?

"There is one more big reason to continue this quest." "That being?" "I'll tell you later.So where to now?" という会話文の、 That being?  の訳し方を教えてください。 そして、 where to now? は、「今からどこへ?」でいいのでしょうか。

• 添削お願いします。

英作文に添削お願いします。 I respect Ai Miyazato who is a prefessional golfer.There are several reasons for it. First, she has a lot of victories, because she is tough.She has won the 1st prize many times from junior high school student until present time.Second, she is good at not only golf but also English.She has taken place in American tour since 2006, so she has spent a lot of time in Amica.At first, she coudn't speak English well, but she can speak it well now.Third, she always care her fashion.She choose her clothes by herself.She has an eye, so she is fashionable.Fourth, she has her motto;"Where there is a will, there is a way."(意志あるところに道はある)This motto strikes to the heart, so I like it.She has her own mind. It is reason why she is tough.For these seasons, I respect Ai Miyazato very much, so I am going to continue supporting her.

• 和訳

1,The person feels separated from their body. 2,they don't care as much about material things. 3,they don't like living in a society where there is always music playing. 1,feelの後にseparateがあるのはなぜですか? 2,as muchはどんな意味ですか? 3,whereの後にthereがあるのはなぜですか? 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文 添削お願いします

英作文 添削お願いします 日本語訳の下が「作った英文」、模範解答の下が「模範解答」です 「ものの見方を変えれば気持ちも新しくなる。」 Also the mind becomes new by changing the way of seeing things. 模範解答 Different viewpoints bring us different feelings. If we change our way of looking at things, we will have a new feeling. 「日本語では短い言葉で多くのことを表すことができる。」 Japanese enable us to express many things with short words. 模範解答 You can say a lot of things with a few words in Japanese. 「人と人が理解しあう手段は様々なのである。」 There are some kinds of the ways of people understanding each other. 模範解答 There are various ways for people to understand each other. There are many ways in which people understand one another. 「私たちは、人から必要とされることで幸せになります。」 We feel happy by being needed by other people. 模範解答 We become happy when we are needed by other people. It makes us happy to be needed by others. 「彼らが働く場を作ることは、私たちの責任なのです。」 It is responsible for us to make the place where they can work. 模範解答 We have to make places for them to work in. It is our responsibility to make places where they work. お願いします。