Hitchhiking Tips for UK Travelers Considering Hitchhiking Across the USA

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Overcoming fear and uncertainty is key to hitchhiking across the USA as a UK traveler
  • Carry a sign, stand near a gas station, and wear comfortable shoes for hitchhiking
  • The book provides more advice on hitchhiking in the USA
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

woven into the narrative

Hitchhiking is not common in the UK – what advice would you give a young traveller from the UK considering hitchhiking across the USA like you did? If you’re coming from the UK and hitchhiking the USA, you’ll figure it out fairly quickly. Like most things in life, the hardest part is getting started. Hitchhiking is mostly mental, and if you can overcome the initial fear and uncertainty, anyone can hitchhike without any problems. Doubt can bring you down very quickly, so it’s critical to keep your spirits up, however you manage it. I’d suggest carrying a sign, standing near a gas station or somewhere with a safe area for drivers to pull off the road, and wearing a comfortable pair of shoes. There’s a lot of advice in the book, woven into the narrative and listed near the back. https://www.gapyear.com/articles/travel-stories/interview-hitchhiking-guide-usa woven into the narrativeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"woven" は "weave(織る)" という動詞からきていて、"woven into" は「織り込まれている」という意味です。 There’s a lot of advice in the book, woven into the narrative and listed near the back. その本の本編の中にたくさんのアドバイスが盛り込まれているとともに、最後の方にも一覧として記載されています。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• narrative and pivity ?

以下の動画 ヨーロッパの問題への今後数ヶ月の対処についての質問に対し Betty, what we've seen is important shift in narrative,pivity(?) if you like... と聞こえますがpivity のところは何と言っているのでしょうか? narrative を narrativity と言い換えているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。 http://www.bloomberg.com/video/83907050/

• narrative

I’m 21 years old, and for the last few months I’ve been questioning if I might be a transgender man. In a lot of ways it makes sense, but I don’t relate much to the stereotypical trans narrative, and there are some other things I can’t seem to get past. I don’t relate much to the stereotypical trans narrativeとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 若干抽象的なのかもしれませんが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 The stars can also disclose an astonishing amount about your future soul mates background. His life will be inextricably woven into your yours when you are married, and so in a sense his chart, which after all is a symbol of his destiny is woven into yours too, even before you know of his existence or meet face to face. So from your chart I can extract information about his life, not as much as it could from his own chart of course, but still enough to give you an insight in to his roots and his past. This is what I will come to next in the reading. His origins, roots and distant past. I will begin with his childhood.

• 翻訳お願いします

以下の英文を翻訳していただけるかたに、 お願いできますでしょうか? 誤植があるかもしれませんが、 意訳でもかまいませんし、そのまま訳していただいてもいいです。 なにとぞよろしくお願いします。 You each feel the other has a kind of perfection, fills a gap that nothing else can, as tough the cracks in your life are cemented and hell together, and the life made bearable, because of this escape. so you wear the relationship like a beautiful but insubstantial cloth that buffers you and protects you from life's harshness. The relationship is set a few degrees away from the harder emptier world, like a cloth of dreams that makes everything better. This permits you to worship from afar., from memories, from promises, from potentials. But in the end if nothing is made solid, you experience disillusionment and disappointment. Neptune is like water in which you can see beautiful images, reflections of love, it can ease your thirst, clean your wounds, but like water it can drain away and leave no trace, nothing. The to end the dream, is to see the other person, and the situation as they are, however flawed or hopeless it may all be, and not as you'd like them to be For so long as you look at them as you'd like them to be the dream exists. But it crumbles gets harder in the cold light of reality and in the effort of making it work and making it real.

• 製造国はどこかと尋ねました。

ショップにこの商品はどこの製造国が聞いたのですが、 It is partly manufactured in USA and Partly in UK.. というような返答がありました。 これは1個の商品でUSA製のパーツとUKのパーツがあるという意味でしょうか? (例えば、ハンドバッグで取っ手がUSA製でそれ以外の本体はUK製など) それとも商品ごとにUSA製やUK製があるということでしょうか?

• the USAとUSA、the UKとUK

先日、イギリスのシェフィールドに住んでいた幼なじみのことを英文で書き、タイトルを以下のようにしました。 "My Childhood Friend in Sheffield, the UK" すると、50代のアメリカ人のプログラマーから、"the UK"の"the"は不要だ、と添削が入りました。 "the UK"や"the USA"は、普通名詞のkingdomやstatesが固有名詞化したものなので、今まで何の疑いもなく毎回"the"を入れていました。 そのアメリカ人に、"the"が不要な理由を尋ねたところ、下記の回答がきました。 People say, "Sheffield is in the UK," but when you use the comma, it is like an address, which would be "Sheffield, UK." It is the same with the USA. You say, "New York is in the USA," but also "New York, USA." IT is just two different ways to say the same thing. 自分の英語学習は、ラフな日常会話より、レポートなどフォーマルな文書を書くときに恥ずかしくない正しい使い方をベースに覚えたいと思っています。 添削者も私のこの立場を知った上で、添削をしています。 "the UK"などでの"the"をつけない固有名詞の使い方って、わざわざ添削されるほど習得しなければいけない部類の使い方なのでしょうか? また、添削者が説明する以外の"the"が不要な使い方というものが、あるのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 前置詞into の位置

以下の文章の中で、 “File cabinets” (sometimes called“filing cabinets,” they’re the same thing) are large – typically large pieces of furniture that have big drawers in them – boxes, if you will, that pull out and you can put into them pieces of paper that are put into cardboard files. 最後の方の you can put into them pieces of paper that are put into cardboad files. の themとpieces 以下がどうして続いているのかがわかりません。 関係代名詞が省略されているとも思えないのですが、 たとえば、into+名詞の位置を後ろに移動したとすれば you can put pieces of paper that are put into cardboad files into them(boxesを指す) と意味も取れるのですが、 これはinto ,intoと続いて紛らわしいのでinto them を移動したのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。値引きの注意欄に下記のようなことが記載されていました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします・ the Goods can come from LA no problem we can do sale as Christmas is coming. What products you see on the website is what is available. So best would be to make a selection. Only thing we ask is that there is a minimum order value spend with us. However you can take as many or as little products as you like in overall mix of the items. Orders over 50SD will get 2.5x mark up . If you have lower size order its not a problem but the markup is lower. However if you go over 10USD then I can give you a better markup so let me know what you like and if you are you able to meet the minimum orders? If you make a selection and let me know what items you like I can get it organized for you pretty quickly.

• 選択&和訳

(1)Random access memory, or RAM(1:under 2:for 3:in 4:at)short, is often used as a temporary money which can be read from and (5:write to 6:wrote into 7:written into 8:you write). (2)Oil is often used as a (1:detergent 2:solvent 3:lubricant 4:neutralizer)for reducing friction inside a machine.

• 英作文を作ったので添削おねがいします

お礼は必ずします。 よろしくお願いします Recruitment of friend!(British or  American) Nice to meet you. My name is A I am a 35-year-old Japanese man and I live in Osaka. I am 172 cm tall and I weigh 65 kg. My blood type is A. I am a chemist at a chemists,selling medicines. I like playing football and walking my dog. I love Britain and American. I would like to be your friend. Could you correspond with me if you don't mind? If you correspond with me, I would provide you with something you can obtain only in Japan. Through corresponding with you, I would be able to improve my English and increase my knowledge about Britain and USA. Please become my friend by all means. My e-mail address is shown below. I am looking forward to your favorable reply. I would like to see you in near days. see you