What Does 'Affirming' Mean in the Context of Faith?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn the meaning of 'affirming' in the context of faith and its importance in the lives of individuals.
  • Discover why 'taking a hard line on the topic' is a significant issue in Christian communities with different beliefs.
  • Explore the impact of contrasting views on LGBTQ+ acceptance within religious circles.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

About a year ago I met a woman through work who became a close friend and very important part of my life. While we enjoy each other’s company in general, we really bonded over our faith. My church is open and affirming and embraced me as a gay Christian. The problem is my friend comes from a much more conservative church and takes a hard line on the topic. ここでのaffirmingはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、takes a hard line on the topicの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5367)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"affirming" 「肯定的」という意味です。 My church is open and affirming and embraced me as a gay Christian. 私が属しているキリスト教会派はオープンで肯定的で、私のような同性愛のクリスチャンも受け容れてくれます。 "takes a hard line on the topic" 「その件について厳しい態度を取る」 The problem is my friend comes from a much more conservative church and takes a hard line on the topic. 問題は、私の友人が属するキリスト教会派は遥かに保守的で、この件に対して厳しい姿勢を取っているということです。

corta
質問者

お礼

お世話になります。ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 日本語にお願いします★

Or my other friend jazz what time would be good we will be boyfriend and girlfriend next weekend and meet me and my friend jazz at 7plex is 4:30 a good time to go to mihama next week friday with my friend jazz Is 4:30 a good time to hang out on Friday next week meet me and my friend in 7plex or mister donut in jusco bring money ↑ これ日本語にお願いします!!

• 定冠詞について

My 45th college reunion is coming up. I met "Jill" in our freshman year. We became friends immediately. We had a common interest in sports; I was on the baseball and basketball teams, and she was a cheerleader who possessed superb athletic ability. on the baseball and basketball teamsのところは、on a baseball and basketball teamsとしたくなるのですが、なぜtheなのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• この英文におかしいところがあったら教えて下さい。英会話パート2

Pleasu look at this picture. I go to the festival with freinds.We had a yukata on.I wore yukata for the first time this year.How is dressing in yukata? The festival is pieasant.They go to the fireworks,They are my best friends. We keep a dog and cat.The dog is name Hana and the cat is name Mike. I sometime take a walk with these two.However when the summer vacation came I took a walk.These two is my family's members. My parents run coffeehouse.I help the shop durning the summer vacation.I worked as a waiter ask guests and serve cooking and so on. I found the difficulty for the first time. です。

• 翻訳お願いします。

戦争に対しての詩なのですが、翻訳お願いします。 Could we forbear disputes: And practice Love; we Should agree as Angels do above. Weak tho we are, to Love is no hard task: and Love for Love is all that Heaven doth ask. I go to sleep before you but we shall wake together* Remember this and bear in mind a constant friend is hard to find. NO SPRING TILL WHEN** Emily Lucille is my name and England is my nation. Oxford is my dwelling place: a place of habitation. When I am dead and laid in grave & all my bones are rotten: when this you see: Remember me tho I was quite forgotten.

• I'm overruled

My brother and new sister-in-law are very religious, not to mention very conservative. My boyfriend and I are agnostic and progressive. However, I was raised in a very religious household, and growing up I attended church every Sunday and wasn't allowed to miss unless I was ill. At 18, I decided organized religion was not for me and have not been inside a church since, except for a wedding or funeral. Whenever we go out as a family, my brother and sister-in-law insist on praying out loud, whether we are in public or at home. When my mother is there, I indulge the practice, but when it's just the four of us, I prefer not to and I am uncomfortable when this occurs. I have asked twice if we could all just say a private prayer to ourselves rather than have a group prayer, but I'm overruled. indulge the practiceとI'm overruledの訳し方を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 添削してください

しかし、purity に関しては、conservative の方に近い数値となった。liberalの平均が1.4に対しconservativeの平均は3.0。そして私自身のサーベイの結果は2.5だった。 このようにみると、自分がリベラル派だと思っていたが、調査の結果ほとんどそれに近い結果となっていることがわかった。 However, as for Purity, my score was close to that of the Conservative. The Liberal's average is 1.4 and the Conservative's average is 3.0, and my result is 2.5. From the above results, I thought that I am a Liberal, and I found that the result of survey was almost close to that. こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• benefits

5 p.m. — Head to a store that has my hard-to-find soap and chocolate. Buy that, plus toiletries, and wine. After that, I grab a cauliflower curry bowl from a fast-casual place I love ($10.10). They don't have an app, which is annoying, because I like earning points and free food. I almost never visit fast-casual places that don't offer that, but I don't go to this one often and it's nearby. I take the bus home to eat dinner and drink wine before my friend with benefits arrives. I haven't seen him in a while. It's a really great set-up because I'm not interested in dating, and neither is he, and we are truly good friends. my friend with benefitsとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My husband and I have been married for 28 years, but our relationship has been at a brick wall for more than half of the marriage. For the past four years, we have lived under the same roof but completely separately, essentially as housemates. Up until now, I have made the decision to stay in the marriage because A) we have two daughters, both in their early 20s, and B) my husband is a pastor and I was once concerned about his image in the church community if we were to separate. Aggression and worrisome behavior have now entered the equation, and we have both accepted that our union is no longer salvageable. I am ready to start dating and move on with my life, as my husband has been doing for more than half of our marriage, but he still isn’t ready to upset the church community with the news of our formal separation. Personally, I am done putting up a façade. I am ready to move on from not only the marriage, but also the church community, but ultimately I do want to be the bigger person and respect my husband’s image. if we were to separateのところはif we separatedとも言えるのでしょうか?違いは何でしょうか?あと、the bigger personはなぜaではなくtheが使われているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• shuffle

I moved away from family and friends 25 years ago, and now I make annual visits to my hometown, which include renting a car and driving four to five hours to see my best friend, "Freddie," from childhood. When we have house guests at my home, we all shuffle so that our guests will have their own room and bathroom. Sometimes the young adults will willingly sleep on the couch if there is no more bed space. ここでのshuffleはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

So, recently I've started to crush on a guy who's in my friend group. We've already been shipped every single day, and we're good friends. We've already been shippedはどのような意味でしょうか?shipの意味に「~をくっつける[くっつけたがる・カップリングする]」とあるのですが、良くわかりません。よろしくお願いします