• ベストアンサー

添削お願いします

「筆者は学業がどのように賃金に影響するかを研究し、中卒から大卒までの平均賃金を調べ、それを35年間分まとめてグラフ化した。」 The author studied how influence on earnings and examined average income for junior high school to four-year college graduates. Then he summarized and graphed it for 35 years. こちらの英文でいいか添削お願いします。

• wxw
  • お礼率89% (1045/1166)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9723/12095)
回答No.2

>「筆者は学業がどのように賃金に影響するかを研究し、中卒から大卒までの平均賃金を調べ、それを35年間分まとめてグラフ化した。」 >The author studied how influence on earnings and examined average income for junior high school to four-year college graduates. Then he summarized and graphed it for 35 years. ⇒以下のとおり、語句・添削文・別の例をお答えします。 (語句) *学業がどのように賃金に影響するか:how (the) studies affect wages。theはなしでもいいと思います。 *中卒から大卒までの平均賃金:the average wage from junior high school to four-year college graduates。graduatesは単数形でいいかも知れません。 *それを35年間分(まとめて)グラフ化した:graphed it for 35 years (getting together) ☆お書きの"Then he summarized and graphed it for 35 years."の部分について: (1)主語代名詞を入れるなら"he"でなく"I"でしょう(A, B and Cの形式でつなげば、改めて言う必要はありませんが)。 (2)summarizeは「要約する」という意味ですから、ここにはなじまないと思います。「ひとまとめにして」ということでしょうから、言うならgetting togetherでしょうが、これもなしでいいかも知れません(採否はお任せします)。 (添削文) The author studied how studies affect wages, examined the average wage from junior high school to four-year college graduates, and graphed it for 35 years (getting together). (他の例) The author studied how studies affect wages. For the procedure, first I examined the average wage from middle school to university graduates, and then graphed it for 35 years. (筆者は、学業がどのように賃金に影響するかを研究した。その手順として、まず中卒から大卒までの平均賃金を調べ、次にその35年間分をグラフにした。)

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありががとうございます。 お礼を忘れており、申し訳ございませんでした。 詳しくご説明していただき大変参考になりました。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

要旨(abstract)の1文として書くと仮定し,やや凝縮した表現にしました。 The author studied the correlation between education and average income, using statistics of the graduates from junior high to four-year colleges for the past 35 years, then graphed the result (as shown in Fig.xx).

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 添削お願いします

By compare workers who graduates high school with four-year college, wages is a difference of about 1.8 times. Workers who serve in large company is far more than high school by comparison with four-year college. 「高卒と4大卒の賃金を調べると約1・8倍も違う。 大企業に勤めている人は4大卒の人の方がはるかに多い。」 (大企業という言い方なのですが、参考にした本でlarge companyと記載があったのでそのまま使用します) こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。

• 添削お願いします

This article provided how affect in society to graduates college, and the author states importance of this. Especially, people who had valuable (premium) experience such as studying abroad gets attention in society. この記事は大卒が社会にどのような影響を与えるかを提供した。そして、筆者はその(大卒)の重要性を述べた。そしてその中でも留学のような特別な経験をした人は社会で注目されやすい。 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。

• 英文の添削をお願いします

Japan is famous that academic background-oriented society, and we found this circumstances such as workstation and wages. Even though almost the same number of the rate graduates college and non-graduates college, this line increase various gap. 「(大卒と高卒の賃金や待遇の違いなどを述べた後の文章です)日本は学歴社会で有名だ。それは働く環境や賃金など見てわかる。日本の大卒層と非大卒層の割合は、ほぼ同数。そして日本の社会は、大卒/非大卒という分断線が、さまざまな格差を生んでいる」 *職場環境という言葉を調べると色々言い方があるみたいなのですが、work stationで訳してみました。 こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。

• 添削お願いします。

・He investigate the ratio of “standard workers” in Japan, and indicating that college graduates are more higher than high school graduates. ・Students who go to university even if a loan is needed is increasing to get into better company. <・彼は日本における “standard workers” の比率を調べ、それは大学卒業者の方が高校卒業者よりも高いことを示した。 ・より良い企業に就職するために借金をしてでも大学へ進学するという学生が増えている。> こちらの英文を添削してほしいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 下記の英文を訳してくれる方はいますか?

The average college graduate enters the work force later, at 22 to 25, and consequently works fewer total hours, but the lifetime earnings are greater than the average worker’s, totaling about $550,000 (Miernyk, 1975). College graduates are also likely to be more satisfied with their job, although in a recent survey 90 percent of all workers reported satisfaction with their job (but more whites than nonwhites were satisfied) (Troll, 1975). お願いします。

• 添削お願いします

The author, XX, is an Arab Muslim woman who her mother is Cuba and her father is Iraqi. She found it is difficult for people who meet her to understand her identity. 「筆者のXXはイスラム教徒の女性で、父親がイラク人で母がキューバ人である。彼女は、出会う多くの人が、彼女のアイデンティティを理解するのが困難であることを発見しました。」 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳

和訳 For the first time in Japan's postwar experience, many college graduates can't get meaningful jobs, and a third of those who do quit in less than three years. 和訳誰かお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします

英語で書かれた専門書を読んでいるのですが、どうしても分からない英文があり質問させて頂きました。 1文が長く、文量も多いですが、和訳お願いします。 The role of academic ability is somewhat different in that it has strong direct eggects on high school performance, independent of socioeconomic status, and direct and indirect effects on significant other's influence and on education and occupational aspirations and, through these, on educational and occupational attainments. Recently, we have further elaborated our model by disaggregating socioeconomic status into its component parts --- parents' income, mother's education, futher's education, and father's occupation --- and by decomposition of significant others' influence into parental encoragement, teachers' encoragement, and peers' plans. Most of the analysis reported in the chapters that follow involves the extension, elaboration, and interpretation of this model as it is applied to socioeconomic attainments --- particularly occupation and earnings.

• 添削お願いします

The author states Japanese government is proactively trying to extend a globalization of education, because it is important for Japan to develop excellent human resources who has global view and can play a enthusiastic role in a lot of fields through higher education system, in particular globalization of university. <筆者は高等教育制度、特に大学の国際化を通じて、多くの分野で積極的な役割を果たすことができるグローバルな視野を持つ有能な人材を育成することが日本にとって重要だと述べ日本政府は積極的に教育の国際化を図っている。> 英文で言いやすいように少し日本語を変えている箇所があります。 日本語の大まかな内容が伝わればいいな、程度で考えているのであまり気にしないでください。 こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。

• 添削お願いします

こんにちは。 文法面の添削というより、内容面の添削をお願いします。 よろしくお願いします。 ●課題文 What has meant most to you in the course of college life? Provide its concise description. ●答案 The study of 'Risorgimento' has meant most to me in the course of college life. Risorgimento is the movement for the unity of Italy in the nineteenth century. Becoming a junior, I started thinking about the theme of a graduation thesis. Since I was a freshman, I have made a decision to write the paper about Italian history, but I did not have a clear idea what to deal with. Then, I looked through several books on Italian history. I read some Japanese texts and a few Italian ones. At last, I found myself the most interested in the influence of music on Risorgimento, especially focusing on a famous Italian musician, Giuseppe Verdi. (113 words)