Why do people say 'I apologize' instead of 'I'm sorry'?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Recently, a reader asked why people sometimes say 'I apologize' instead of 'I'm sorry'. She thinks the former is less sincere than the latter.
  • Many readers shared their thoughts on this subject, emphasizing that 'I apologize' can be a more formal or professional way of expressing remorse.
  • 'I apologize' may also imply a sense of taking responsibility for one's actions, while 'I'm sorry' may be used more casually in everyday situations.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

Dear Readers: Recently, I printed a letter from "Paulie," who wonders why people sometimes say "I apologize" instead of "I'm sorry." She thinks the former is less sincere than the latter. I told her that I was sure I'd hear from a lot of readers on this subject, and hear I did. hear I didはI did hearの強調でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

hear I didはI did hearの強調でしょうか?  はい、おっしゃる通りです。「ああそのことならヘドが出るほど、聞かされました」って感じです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 英訳お願いします

i did not hes story from her recently てどうゆう意味ですか? 私は彼女から彼について話を聞いていなかった。 と読めますか?

• 英訳

私は友達の代わりにスピーチをした。 英訳すると 1,I made a speech instead of my friend. 2,I did d speech instead of my friend. 両方ともほぼ同じでしょうか?

• 次の文について質問です

Researchers compared the brains of recently deceased people who had schizophrenia with those of recently deceased people who did not have schizophrenia. They found that 35 percent of the former and none of the latter showed evidence of damage to a structure of nerve cells called the subplate. They knew that this damage must have occurred prior to the second fetal trimester, when the subplate controls the development of the connections between the different parts of the brain. という文において、 There may be a cause of schizophrenia that predates birth.という事が言えるそうですがなぜそうなるのか理解できません。 また、 Some people developed schizophrenia because of damage to the brain subplate after the second fatal trimester.が言えないのはなぜでしょうか?

• 英文について

One of the biggest wonders about Saturn's rings is this::where did the rings come from? 自分なりの訳 「土星の最も大きい輪はどこからやってきたのかと不思議におもう」 この文のOneはどうゆう意味ですか? そして、意味は合っていますか? 回答お願いします

• 英語に精通しているかたへ

ちょっとお伺いしたいのですが、以下の英語はちゃんとした英語でしょうか?(英語はぜんぜんダメです) I apologize, I don't speak or read Japanese. But, does anyone know the name of this girl? She did a photo spread with A(人名). I apologize, I don't speak or write Japanese. If anyone knows the name of this girl, I would appreciate it. She did some pictures with A. なんかorの使い方がおかしい気がしますが、ほんとにわからない人でしょうか? 日本人が書いた英語のような気がします。ご意見を・・。

• until recentlyについて

以下についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 I did not understand the meaning of the pronunciation ”question” until recently. (1)until recentlyは、前置詞+副詞 だと思いますが、文法的にどう考えたらよいでしょうか? 前置詞の後に副詞が来ることが文法的に理解できません。 ご指導のほど何卒宜しくお願い申し上げます。

• 英文訳してください

I use an electronic dictionary at school. But my teacher says I should use printed dictionaries. Why do you think? I don't understand why your teacher said so. Electronic dictionaries are lighter and easier to carry. You can even hear English words. I agree with Bird. Finding words in printed dictionaries takes time. I think using printed dictionaries is a waste of time.

• 英文訳してください

日本語に訳してください! I use an electronic dictionary at school. But my teacher says I should use printed dictionaries. Why do you think? I don't understand why your teacher said so. Electronic dictionaries are lighter and easier to carry. You can even hear English words. I agree with Bird. Finding words in printed dictionaries takes time. I think using printed dictionaries is a waste of time.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Did you think of me blind Cause I walked in circles I know you thought of the young charm But I tried to lead you through the minefield Instead I led you to another

• 英語

I understand you, I hear this same story I have friends from Japan who left because of this Too serious Australia is very different , more relaxed Not so much pressure I enjoy my work I chose a long time ago to prioritise doing what I love and what I think is good for the world and animals ad plants instead of just chasing money 日本語にお願いします…