My husband’s parents: A complicated relationship

このQ&Aのポイント
  • My husband’s parents live in the same state a few hours away, but they are uninterested in our life and being a part of it.
  • When we visit, there is always endless complaining and we have to accommodate their preferences.
  • Despite her constant talk about loving her family, my mother-in-law rarely makes an effort to come visit us.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳を教えてください

My husband’s parents live in the same state a few hours away, and we usually only see each other on holidays. They are generally nice people and fun to be around, yet they are completely uninterested in our life and being a part of it. My mother-in-law constantly talks about how much she loves her children and grandchildren, yet she has barely ever made an effort to come visit us. When we go visit, the stay is always accompanied by endless complaining—we are either too loud, or our toddler cries at night and it’s inconvenient, her dogs have to go to sleep at 10 p.m., therefore we must go to bed as well, etc. All this while gushing about her family. All this while gushing about her family.の和訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4133/5370)
  • 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.5

All this は endless complaining のことと取れますが、all this while にはある継続する時間の範囲を表すもののようで、下記の辞書を見ると 「(ある継続的な時間の範囲において) ずっと」 という意味で用いられてる例文が出ています。  https://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/word/en/Have+you+been+waiting+all+this+while%3F/  gush は勢いよくほとばしり出る水のようなイメージを喚起する語ですが、下記の辞書を見ると "to say or write effusively (大袈裟に言う/書く)" という語義もあるので、ここでは言葉の流れ、つまり文句の垂れ流し状態のような意味合いではないかと思われます。  https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gush すると、「私たちが滞在している間中、自分の家族についての不平不満をブツブツ言いっ放しなのです」 のような意味ではないかと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (4)

• moldar
  • ベストアンサー率9% (6/64)
回答No.4

All this while gushing about her familyを検索すればいいだけの話

• ILFocus
  • ベストアンサー率36% (17/47)
回答No.3

夫の実家を訪問すると、姑は滞在中ずうっと私や孫のことで小言をいいつづける。という話を受け、それに比べて、という意味合いをwhileによって出しています。 訳:「姑自身の家族のことは褒めるくせに」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9732/12106)
回答No.2

>All this while gushing about her family.の和訳を教えてください。 ⇒「彼女(義母)の家では、こういうことのすべてが、のべつ幕なしに渦巻き、噴出する(そういう中での滞在になるのです)」。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

All this while gushing about her family. 「(義母といったら)自分の家族について熱く語る一方で、この有り様です。」 [注] ここで「この有り様」とは、娘夫婦がうるさいだの、娘夫婦の子供の夜泣きが迷惑だの、犬が寝る時間だから娘夫婦も10時には寝なくてはならない、などといった、常に不平不満を言う義母の態度のことです。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=gush+about

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

My sister-in-law says she is very allergic to cats. She lives six hours away from my Mom. My sister and I have cats and bring them with us when we visit our mom. My sister-in-law asked us if we could put the cats behind a gate or upstairs when she and my brother visit. We believe that our cats are our family members. We refuse to put our cats away just because someone wants us to. Because of this, our sister-in-law stopped visiting. Now she has a baby and this is the first grandchild in the family. She again asked if we would put the cats away while she visits so my mom can visit with her granddaughter. Again, we have refused to do this because our cats are just as important family members as her baby. We told her that she should drop off the baby with my mom, sister and me and that she can relax at the hotel while we visit. She has refused to do this, and now just doesn't visit. She tells my brother to visit whenever he wants, but that she and her baby will stay home. My mom cannot drive to their house, and now my mom has not seen her granddaughter at all. She is very upset. How do we fix this for our mom's sake, without giving up our principles? giving up our principlesとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文法

We go to the coffee shop. We talk about our school life. この2つの文章をつなげる時は We go to the coffee shop and talk about our school life. で and の後にwe は不要ですよね?  また、  We are talking とつなげる時は  We go to the coffee shop and are talking.  ですか?

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I’m a grad student rooming with a friend. After moving in, our friendship became stressed. While she is a lovely, sensitive person, she is not always punctual about paying her half of the utilities or respecting agreements (notably, we had agreed that I could bring my dog up from my family home and she changed her mind the night before). The biggest issue, though, is that she’s much more chatty than I am. She knocks on my door at random times to have brief conversations. She’s also frequently upset about something I did or didn’t do, or something I didn’t anticipate she would need. We’ve talked about this in the past, but this dynamic keeps creeping into our interactions. this dynamic keeps creeping into our interactionsの和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いしますm(_ _)m

suggestible=被暗示性、という心理学用語ですm(_ _)m We are suggestible,ready to take ideas from others and make them our own. Suggestbility descnbes why people believe something that never happened. They become convinced because they are told about an event. They see it in movies,and they hear about it. So they combine theae thoughts into false memories―――but not real ones. Psychologists believe that many childhood memories are created by parents for their children. They tell the child that something happened: "Remember when we went to the seaehore?' And the child collects beach and vacation ideas into a memory. Propaganda is delibetately telling people ideas that you went them to believe. Advertising is another form of suggesting to people,and people of all ages tend to believe advertising. All of us are suggestible; children are particularly so.

• 英文和訳をお願いします。

以下はある映画の結末についてのネイティヴ?のコメントですが、私の英語力では把握しきれません。分かりやすく訳していただけませんでしょうか。 When Amy dives in to rescue Dan, her real world experience gets mixed up with her memories and phobias about the past, where her Dad drowned and she was unable to pull him out of the water. We see her struggle with Dan, but they are appearing to sink lower and lower into the sea. Amy refuses to let Dan go as she let her father go, so she simply doesn't give up. It's all tied into her deep trauma. She drowns with Dan. Then we see the sailor circling the boat, the baby crying, and no one else in sight. All the adults have died. Then finally, the movie cuts to Amy, who can hear her baby off in the distance. She looks down to the deck, and it is her father that is laying in his front, "rescued" finally once and for all by his daughter. "Rescued" in heaven, that is. Amy has died and wherever or whatever she now is, she's finally reunited with her father and has managed to do what she has spent her entire life wishing she could have done - she has pulled him from the sea. But sadly yes, she's dead. She didn't pull Dan out of the sea, he and she both drowned in the real world. It's supposed to be a sort of spiritual, transcendent ending like Silent Hill or Solaris. I don't know why people don't get this ending. The body is too old to be Dan, with greyish hair and the same marks on his back as Amy's father in the earlier scene where we see him drown.

• 急ぎなのにどうしても和訳出来ません

明朝までに仕上げないといけないのに、 どうしてもわからなくて困り果てているので相談させてください。 瞑想での「気づき」についての文章です。 Please note that we are not noticing things to get rid of them. We are noticing them because they are real and we need to start with reality, not fantasy. In this practice, we learn to be totally honest about what is happening within ourselves. There is no scope for pretending.  Surely it is possible to be alright with whatever is happening in our bodies for just one moment in time? Just a single moment. We don’t need to worry about any other moment. 本当にすみません・・・。 どうぞ宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳(シンデレラ)と説明

童話で英語の勉強おしようと思い   シンデレラお英語で読み始めましたが 訳せません        その文章は  以下の通りです                                             did she feel that there is no mother like our own. the dear parent whose flesh and blood we are.      and who bears all our little cares and sorrows tenderly as in the apple of her eye.              that節の中で 何故 our やwe が使われているのか また 何故 the apple of her eye   の 前に inが付いているのかが 分かりません  分かる方 是非 全文の訳と共に 教えてください  宜しくお願いします

• 和訳を教えて下さい(;一_一)!!!

For her own part, She never let the intense criticism that she encountered silence her, “if I …worried about mudslinging, I would have been dead long ago”. Yet she insisted that she was not a feminist. She did not believe, she maintained, that “women should be judged, when it comes to appointing them or electing them, purely because they are women“She wanted to see the country”get away from considering a man or woman from the point of view of religion, color or sex.” But the story of her life--her insistence on her right to an identity of her own apart from her husband and her family, her constant struggle against depression and insecurity, her ability to turn her vulnerabilities into strengths--provides an enduring example of a feminist who transcended the dictates of her times to become one of the century`s most powerful and effective advocates for social justice. ルーズベルト夫人であるエレノア・ルーズベルトに関する説明文です。 この文章は外国のサイトに載っているものだったので、和訳がなく困っています。 自分なりに訳してもみましたが、文章がおかしくなってしまったので、どなたか分かる方は和訳を教えて下さい!よろしくお願いします(*_*)

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

My daughter has announced that she and her husband will not be doing any more family holidays after this year. They are going to travel instead. She said she is tired of all the drama and guilt trips. She specifically called out my “dictatorship adherence to the actual day instead of spirit” because I asked her to drive down Christmas Eve after they both got off their shifts. She said以下の全文和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします。

和訳お願いします。 自分で訳してみても文にならず意味がわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。 The next morning it is snowing, but Rachael still has a lot to do. Tonight, she will camp with her dogs in the woods before finishing the race tomorrow. She must carefully pack her sled with all the supplies she will need. Rachaei's friends and family help her to check and re-check her sled and equipment. Later that morning, race organizers go over a map of the course. It is a map that Rachael cannot see. She will rely on her dogs to follow the way. She will also have Matt close by on his snowmobile if she needs help. Day six of the race is a leg that covers a total of 43 miles. Just before she starts, Rachael stops to pet and encourage each member of her dog team. She knows that each one of them has a difficult job to do,so they are her primary concern. Finally, the race starts for the day. The weather is not great, but this leg of the race is going better than yesterday for Rachael. However, there are many difficult turns in the course. Matt has to use his radio to warn Rachael about them several times during the day.