• ベストアンサー

和訳をよろしくお願いします

Furthermore, in August 2009, Mr. So-and-so began a campaign against a McDonald’s Japan advertisement featuring a burger mascot named Mr. James. His grievance was that Mr. James perpetuates negative stereotypes about non-Japanese Caucasian minorities living in Japan.

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。  その上、2009年の八月、〇〇さんは、ミスター・ジェイムズというハンバーグのマスコットについてマクドナルドの日本での広告に反対の運動を始めた。  彼の反対理由は、ミスター・ジェイムズは、日本に住んでいる日本人でないコーカシア人種を否定的に定型化するものだということにあった。  と変えます。見落として申し訳ありません。

Seek_The_Truth
質問者

補足

ご回答ありがとうございます!!

その他の回答 (2)

• koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.3

更に某氏は2009年8月、日本マクドナルドの広告に登場するミスター・ジェームズと言うハンバーガーのCMキャラクターに関して抗議する運動を始めた。某氏の不満はミスター・ジェームズが、少数派である日本に住む白人の外国人に関してのネガティブな決めつけを植え付けるものであるということだった。 Mr. So-and-so は「某氏」「誰かさん」 Mascotは、ここではCMに登場する人間についてなので、CMキャラクターとしました。 Caucasianは、幅広く白人のこと。

Seek_The_Truth
質問者

補足

ご回答ありがとうございます!!

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

その上、2009年の八月、〇〇さんは、ミスター・ジェイムズというハンバーグのマスコットに反対の運動を始めた。  彼の反対理由は、ミスター・ジェイムズは、日本に住んでいる日本人でないコーカシア人種を否定的に定型化するものだということにあった。

Seek_The_Truth
質問者

補足

ご回答ありがとうございます!!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

For those of you who don’t know who Mr. Arudou Debito is, please allow me to present the following links. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debito_Arudou https://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%9C%89%E9%81%93%E5%87%BA%E4%BA%BA Having looked at both sites, I can say the Japanese Wikipedia article seems to be more thorough. However, the English Wikipedia article talks about the time when he led a protest in Nishi Ward, Yokohama in 2003 against the honorary granting of juuminhyou to Tama-chan the male bearded seal. The protesters even dressed up as seals. The protest was trying to raise the point that if juuminhyou could be granted to animals and cartoon characters, then there was no reason that it couldn’t be granted to foreign residents. Furthermore, in August 2009, Mr. Arudou began a campaign against a McDonald’s Japan advertisement featuring a burger mascot named Mr. James. Mr. Arudou’s grievance was that Mr. James perpetuates negative stereotypes about non-Japanese Caucasian minorities living in Japan. I can tell you that on English-speaking websites, Mr. Arudou is very controversial. The website reddit.com has entire topics devoted to bashing him. There are a number of people who hate his guts. There are people who think he has some legitimate points, but he resorted to extreme measures to get those points across. For the record, he is no longer living in Japan. He moved to Hawaii a number of years ago. Now he spends his time writing articles for The Japan Times. So I would like to ask you. What do you think of Mr. Arudou Debito? After all, Japan was the place where he spent decades of life living and leading protests, campaigns and so on.

• 和訳が分かりません。

以下の和訳が分かりません。 できたら回答いただけたら、ありがたいです。 「 It is a very good idea, especially since you are saying that there isn’t good advertisement there in Japan with photos and videos and the quality isn’t as good. 」

• 和訳

So is merchandise with a picture or name of a popular character. 和訳を教えてください。 それと、なんでsoが最初にくるのかがわかりません。 前の文章は Designer brand merchandise is very popular in Japan. でした。

• 英語長文の和訳。

英語が得意な人が居ましたら、 和訳をお願い致します。 My father has a friend in Osaka. His name is Akira Sato. He and my father became friends When they were student at the same college in Tokyo. Mr.Sato studenthard When he was a college student. But he also worked hard, because he wanted to go to the United States to study English at college. At last he got enough money to go there. In 1974 he finished college in Japan, and he went to the United States in August that year. His parents gave him some money When he left Japan. But two weeks afterhe started to stay in the United States, he because too sick to move. He had on friends to take care of him. He Could not eat or drink anything that day. The nextday, The old woman living next door to him found that he was so sick, and she college an ambulance for him. Hewas carried to a hospital. He was saved! But the doctor told him to go back to Japan, because he was too weak to study in the United States. The old woman did everything for him, so he Could come back to Japan one month later. And he got well. five years later, in 1979, he got married. One day in that year, When he was watching TV, he know about foreign students who were trying to find an inexpensive apartment in Japan. The students were not so rich. He remembered The kind old woman in the United States. Three years later, Mr. and Mrs. Sato made a house for foreign students near their house. The students didn't have to pay a lot of money to Mr. and Mrs. Sato. Mr. and Mrs. Sato have taken care of forty foreign students since 1982. The students call them "our parents in Japan." Some of them invited Mr. and Mrs. Sato to their countries. Mr. and Mrs. Sato didn't have their own children but they are very happy to have many "children" in foreign countries. 以上です。 誤字脱字がありましたらすみません。和訳、宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 「I don't appreciate you Lazy Boyfriend calling me and handing up on me.... now that your in Japan I have found a new love here in LA without you now they yours in Tokyo so please lose me contact info 」 どなたか、お願い致します。

• 和訳が知りたいです。

インドの方からのメールですが訳が知りたいのです。 最後のkeep writing とはどのような意味があるのでしょうか? Dearest friend Thanks to your wishes, we watched aurora during the last day. Expressions, goodness of heart and good friendship is never constraint by any language. The day we met, I wished I knew more Japanese because both Pragya (the gal) and myself wanted to talk to you so much more. So we are really sorry as well that we don't know Japanese. Actually, in my heart, I really feel so inspired to you all guys that you have stick to your own culture and language. I wish we Indians loved our own language as much as you do. Photograph came out really well. Thanks for sending it. We have couple of Japanese friends and from them we know we really love Japanese people. Culture wise they are so close to Indians. Japanese preserved ashes of our great leader Subash Chandra Bose in their Japanese temple for so many decades. Japanese help this leader build his army to free India. So we always feel thankful to Japan. Some of our best movies have famous songs shot in Japan with Japanese words. 'Sayonara' word became so famous in India. When in 50-60's Japan had to give away their leader to British was a war hero, whole India had cried over that incident. My parents still remember that incident and keep telling me about that. Japan Suzuki brought in the car revolution for India and still is a market leader. So we are very well connected with Japan. I can understand how much shocking it might have been for you to go back to Japan. Japan has suffered so much in last 50 years. They are such a peaceful nature but still have suffered so much. It is very unfortunate. I am sure Japan will revive. I can tell you whole of India's wishes are with you guys. You all have so much energy, patience and strong will. I am glad that your near dear ones and house is safe. Please say my wishes to your family. Keep writing.

• 和訳してください(+_+)

There are about 350 Holocaust museums in the world and among them the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum and Yad Vashem in Israel are famous. But did you know Japan has this kind of facility, too? The Holocaust Education Center in Fukuyama City, Hiroshima Prefecture was built in 1995 and houses items related to the Holocaust that have been donated from around the world. Mr.Otsuka has been going to church since he was a child. As his pastor's way of living made a deep impression on him, he too became a pastor. A turning point in his life came when he visited Netanya in Israel in 1971 as a member of a chorus group. An old man came to speak to him in English when he was about to take lunch with other group members in a restaurant. "You are Japanese, aren't you? Would you plese sing a Japanese song?" After Mr.Otsuka and his group finished singing, the gentleman thanked them for it and began to talk. "You probably know the diary which my daughter wrote, don't you? I'm the father of Anne Frank." After this opportunity, a dialog between Mr.Otsuka and Mr.Frank began. "Peace will be born from mutual understanding. Please be a person who can do something to create peace in the world; do not only sympathize with the tragic death of Anne and other victims." Mr.Otsuka was moved by what Mr. Frank said and went to Israel to study Hebrew. He visited the concentration camps in Europe because he wanted to know more about the Jews and the Holocaust. Six million Jews are said to have lost their lives because of the Holocaust. Mr. Otsuka was shocked to know that among them were 1.5 million children. Since he wanted to show exhibits to Japanese children, he made up his mind to built a memorial center in Japan. Otsuka wrote letters explaining that he had little money for his project but plenty of passion and sent them to lots of people involved in the Holocaust and various facilities. After a while, packages came to him from all over the world : an inmate's uniform, a box containing ashes, and so on. Someone handed him a passport that was a memento of their family, and one painter offered pictures he had painted of the camp, saying, "You may take any pictures you like." Mr. Frank donated pictures of his family and some of the everyday items they had used. To make the exhibits accessible to everyone, Otsuka put English and furigana above every kanji character used in the explanations. A new building was opened in 2007. The room in which Anne hid and her diary were reproduced there. These are the only approved reproductions outside of Europe. After the death of Mr. Frank, one of his typewriters was given to the center and is now exhibited, too. Approximately 12,000 visitors have come to the center in the year since the new building was opened, twice the number before the renewal. All sorts of people, from kindergarten pupils to adults, visit the Holocaust Education Center. "This is a facility where not only will you learn the truth about the Holocaust, but you will also think about what you yourself can do to make peace for the world," Otsuka says. "I never heard Mr. Erank say anything hateful. I have been continuously questioning in my heart why the Holocaust occurred. Students from over 700 schools have visited the Holocaust Education Center. I hope all the children in Japan will visit it, and also wish that this center will be a place from which they are sending peace to the world, " Otsuka says.

• 和訳をお願いします。

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) claims one of the goals of its insurgency is to reverse the effects of the Sykes–Picot Agreement. "This is not the first border we will break, we will break other borders," a jihadist from the ISIL warned in the video called End of Sykes-Picot. ISIL's leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, in a July 2014 speech at the Great Mosque of al-Nuri in Mosul, vowed that "this blessed advance will not stop until we hit the last nail in the coffin of the Sykes–Picot conspiracy". The Franco-German geographer Christophe Neff wrote that the geopolitical architecture founded by the Sykes–Picot Agreement disappeared in July 2014 and with it the relative protection of religious and ethnic minorities in the Middle East. He claimed furthermore that Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant in some way restructured the geopolitical structure of the Middle East in summer 2014, particularly in Syria and Iraq. The former French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin presented a similar geopolitical analysis in an editorial contribution for the French newspaper Le Monde.

• 和訳お願いします。

和訳お願いします。 Alas! it was a thrilling look--a look which no girl could sustain without emotion; and spellbound under it, I stood in a maze, alone and in utter darkness. While my emotions were at their height a bell rang. It was the front door-bell, and it meant the arrival of the engines. As the bell rang a second time, a light broke on the staircase I was so painfully watching, and Mr. Allison descended, lamp in hand, as he had gone up.

• 和訳をお願いします

Tensions escalated after a pro-Russia party,Harmony Center, won the most seats in Parliament in a snap election in September but was excluded from the governing coalition by the ruling Unity Party, which instead cut a deal with a Latvian nationalist group. "I believe people wouldn't really support this referendum if representatives of the Russian-speaking minority would have been part of the coalition," said Nils Usakovs, who is a leader of the Harmony Center party and the mayor of Riga, Latvia's capital and largest city. "This referendum is not creating problems,"Mr.Usakovs said in a telephone interview. "It is a reflection of existing problems." Latvia, like its Baltic neighbors Lithuania and Estonia and many other former Soviet republics, has de-emphasized the Russian language since becoming independent in 1991. Although Russian is the native language for more than a quarter of Latvia's 2 million people - percentage-wise, one of the largest linguistic minorities in the world - Latvian is the only state language and would-be citizens must pass a test in the Latvian language and the country's history. More than 290,000 non-Latvians who were living in the country when the Soviet Union collapsed, many of them Russian speakers, still have so-called noncitizen status, according to government statistics, meaning they cannot vote or hold government jobs, though they pay taxes.