Who should control the key technologies? The trade war raises unsettling questions

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The trade war between the US and China raises the question of who should control the key technologies that will rule tomorrow. American corporations are currently the dominant players in AI, quantum computing, and advanced manufacturing and energy technologies. However, the possibility of Chinese corporations gaining influence, with the support of the Chinese government, is also a concern.
  • The phrase 'a dead-end choice' refers to the current situation in the trade war between the US and China. It means that the options available in the trade war do not offer a satisfactory solution. The dominance of a few American corporations or the influence of both American and Chinese corporations with Chinese government support are both problematic scenarios.
  • The phrase 'and Chinese' in italics in the question refers to the possibility that Chinese corporations, along with American corporations, could become the key players in the mentioned technologies. This highlights the potential involvement and influence of Chinese corporations in shaping the future of these technologies.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

訳をお願いします

At the heart of the trade war between the United States and China lies a profound and unsettling question: Who should control the key technologies that will rule tomorrow? It is unsettling because, right now, the trade war offers a dead-end choice. On one side, a handful of gigantic American corporations look destined to become the key players in artificial intelligence, quantum computing, and advanced manufacturing and energy technologies. Or it could be a slightly larger handful of gigantic American and Chinese corporations, with healthy input from the Chinese government. 1 訳おねがいします 2 a dead-end choice ってどうゆう意味ですか 3 本文を見ればわかるんですが、and Chinese のとこだけイタリック体になってますけどどうゆうことなんでしょうか 以上お願いします 本文 How to Combat China’s Rise in Tech: Federal Spending, Not Tariffs https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/technology/china-trade-tech.html

• ny36
  • お礼率38% (318/834)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。アメリカと中国の貿易戦争の中核に横たわっているのは、明日を制するテクノロジーの鍵を誰が握るかという深く不安な問題だ。  不安である理由は、今の所、この貿易戦争は、袋小路で、出口がないということだ。  片方では、アメリカの巨大な二、三の会社が、人工知能、量子計算、および高度の製造兼エネルギー技術分野での立役者になると運命づけられている様に見える  あるいはまた、中国政府の一方ならぬ肩入れで、多少数は増えるが、中国とアメリカの共有の巨大な企業によるものになるかもしれない。 2。a dead-end choice ってどうゆう意味ですか  袋小路の選択 > それだけしかない選択 > 他に可能性のない見込み 3。本文を見ればわかるんですが、and Chinese のとこだけイタリック体になってますけどどうゆうことなんでしょうか  アメリカだけではない「中国が割り込んで来るんだ!」という警告でしょう。  

ny36
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.2

「米中間の貿易戦争の核心に、深淵でつかみどころのない疑問が横たわっている: 明日の世界を牛耳る重要な技術を誰がコントロールすべきなのか? これがたった今解決しようが無い理由は、貿易戦争が解決策のない選択肢しか提示されていないから。一方で、ほんの一握りのアメリカの巨大企業が人工知能、量子コンピューター、そして先進的な生産とエネルギー技術の主な担い手になるよう運命づけられている様に見える。あるいは、中国政府の健全な政策がなされれば、アメリカと中国の巨大企業によって、一握りよりも少し大きな数になるのかも知れない。」 2. dead-endは政策などの行き詰まり。出口がない。dead-end choiceは解決のあてがない選択肢。 3. 想像ですが、今起こっているのはアメリカ、中国と言う国と国の間の貿易戦争。それに対して、Chinese corporationは政府系企業もあれば民間企業もある。中国政府に対していろいろな立場の会社があるので、一括りにできない事をイタリックでしめし”いわゆる中国企業”のように注意を促しているのではないでしょうか? 中国の巨大IT企業のひとつHuaweiは、中国政府の介入を避けるため、株式公開せずすべて自社で持っているそうです。新鋭携帯企業のZTEは米国内でのスパイ行為の懸念からいったん輸入制限がかけられたのですがそれをやると米国の部品メーカーがダメージを受けることから議会の反対を押し切ってトランプ政権が制限解除しました。米中政府間は激しくバトルしていますが、企業と言う視点になると少し状況が変わります。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

Vietnam and the Philippines have been China’s most frequent South China Sea adversaries, but now Indonesia and Malaysia are upset over forays by Chinese vessels close to their shores. Tensions with Indonesia flared when one of its patrol ships intercepted a Chinese fishing vessel on March 19 off the Natuna Islands. That’s where Indonesia’s exclusive economic zone overlaps with China’s so-called “nine-dash line” — which outlines Beijing’s vast claims to almost the entire South China Sea. According to Indonesian officials, a Chinese coast guard vessel came to the rescue of the fishermen and deliberately rammed the boat as it was being towed, allowing it to escape. Indonesia has since refused Chinese demands to release eight crewmen who are being held on charges of illegal fishing. Indonesia deployed four special forces units equipped with an advanced air defense system to the largest of the Natuna Islands, according to IHS Jane’s Defence weekly. Achmad Sukarsono, an analyst at Eurasia Group, said the skirmish could signal a turning point in Indonesian views on the South China Sea. It has “dispelled the notion in Jakarta that Indonesia has no real stake in South China Sea tensions,” he said. Malaysia, meanwhile, complained that about 100 Chinese fishing boats had encroached near the Loconia Shoals. The Chinese Foreign Ministry said the boats have a right to be there. Chinese officials consider the waters to be traditional Chinese fishing grounds.

• 日本語訳お願いします!

英語の訳を練習しています。…が英語がすごく苦手なもので、グチャグチャになってしまいます。お手本をよろしくお願いします。 1) Astonished visitors to the big cities of China can see proof that these wise words of Chinese philosophy apply as much today as they did 2500 years ago. 2) No less impressive is the fact that this host city of Expo 2010 has become a model metropolis where green technologies are gaining ground. 3) Already there are more than 300 cities with over a million inhabitants. The proportion of people who live in cities in China has grown from 19 to almost 50 per cent over the last 30 years.

• この英文の訳をお願いできませんか?

Under the terms of the new agreement, YouTube will promote NBC's fall programs and other shows for one year. The site will host an official NBC Channel with exclusive clips and long-form promos for popular programs. NBC also plans to run a contest on YouTube that will allow users to submit their own 20-second promotion videos. The network will promote the contest on air, and winners' videos will appear on NBC and on the show's official Web site. This seems to be the obvious solution and one that provides a win-win situation for all. As information technology moves from the exclusive domain of corporations and into the hands of the average person, it is no longer possible for media giants to battle the interactive nature of new media technology, and should welcome the public participation in the marketing of their products. よろしくお願いします(^_^;)

• 日本語訳を教えてください(かなり長文です)(1)

Why Chinese Mothers Are Superiorという記事の日本語訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 A lot of people wonder how Chinese parents raise such stereotypically successful kids. They wonder what these parents do to produce so many math whizzes and music prodigies, what it's like inside the family, and whether they could do it too. Well, I can tell them, because I've done it. Here are some things my daughters, Sophia and Louisa, were never allowed to do: I'm using the term "Chinese mother" loosely. I know some Korean, Indian, Jamaican, Irish and Ghanaian parents who qualify too. Conversely, I know some mothers of Chinese heritage, almost always born in the West, who are not Chinese mothers, by choice or otherwise. I'm also using the term "Western parents" loosely. Western parents come in all varieties. All the same, even when Western parents think they're being strict, they usually don't come close to being Chinese mothers. For example, my Western friends who consider themselves strict make their children practice their instruments 30 minutes every day. An hour at most. For a Chinese mother, the first hour is the easy part. It's hours two and three that get tough. Despite our squeamishness about cultural stereotypes, there are tons of studies out there showing marked and quantifiable differences between Chinese and Westerners when it comes to parenting. In one study of 50 Western American mothers and 48 Chinese immigrant mothers, almost 70% of the Western mothers said either that "stressing academic success is not good for children" or that "parents need to foster the idea that learning is fun." By contrast, roughly 0% of the Chinese mothers felt the same way. Instead, the vast majority of the Chinese mothers said that they believe their children can be "the best" students, that "academic achievement reflects successful parenting," and that if children did not excel at school then there was "a problem" and parents "were not doing their job."

• 訳をお願いします。

China press prejudices dashed  By EIICHI SHIOZAWA Kyodo BEIJING — A number of Chinese journalists saw their long-held negative views about Japan and its people change completely after traveling to the Tohoku region to cover the aftermath of the March 11 disaster, according to their reports to a recent symposium with university students in Beijing. Impressed by the orderly and patient behavior of disaster survivors and the relatively high transparency of information released, they said they developed a feeling of respect toward the Japanese. Their reports were so full of positive aspects that some of the roughly 200 students in the audience questioned whether the journalists had come across anything negative while in Japan. "The ability of the government to handle relief operations was not as high as that of the Chinese government," said Zhang Hongwei, 44, a reporter from the Chinese Business View newspaper based in Shaanxi Province. Other than that, however, the journalists only cited favorable aspects about Japan. Chen Jie, 38, a cameraman for Beijing News, was one of them. While admitting he had felt resentment and mistrust toward the Japanese for a long time, "the prejudice that I felt gradually disappeared while I was there, trying to cover the disaster damage," he said. "In the 14 days I spent on the assignment, I learned much more than I would have done if I had read books for 10 years," he added. Chen flew to Sendai on March 14 and covered disaster-hit areas, including Minamisanriku in Miyagi Prefecture and the city of Fukushima. His strongest impression of the Japanese was "the cool and collected" manner demonstrated by the people in devastated areas, including the direct survivors of the disaster. Chen said he was moved when he saw people patiently line up in front of shops amid shortages caused by the disrupted distribution channels. He noted that shop owners didn't exploit the situation by indulging in price-gouging and even family members of those who had died tried to restrain themselves from crying openly during burials. "I was surprised that I was given priority treatment at a gas station, as I had an emergency press pass," he said, showing slides of a large number of people waiting their turn to fill up. Zhang of the Chinese Business View, who visited sites in Iwate and Miyagi prefectures, said he also had been "an anti-Japan person," but through his assignment he came to realize "the Japanese deserve respect." Chen and Zhang were among more than 150 Chinese journalists sent to cover the Tohoku catastrophe. The unusually large number appears to have been partly because it was a natural disaster, not a political matter. Reporter Qin Xuan of the Southern Weekly magazine in Guangdong Province said "it must have been the first time that so many journalists flew out to cover an overseas incident." The magazine ran a special feature on the disaster with a headline saying "The nation of patience," mirroring straightforwardly the impressions that its reporters took from the stricken areas. The story touched on how Self-Defense Forces personnel gave a salute to dead people before burying them, providing a new image of the SDF, which ordinary Chinese still tend to view in light of the wartime Imperial Japanese Army. 今年5月3日のThe Japan Timesの記事です。 自分なりに訳してみたんですが… うまくまとまらず苦戦しています(><) どうかよろしくお願いします。

• 正しい訳を考えてください!

英文解釈で質問です。以下の英文は、あ)、い)の試訳のどちらが正しいと思いますか? ご意見をいただければと思います。私は、直感的に、い)が正しいと思っています。 In those days, it was reported that a sickness called Mad Cow Disease was spreading quickly in Europe and European people were afraid of eating beef. あ) 当時、ヨーロッパでは狂牛病と呼ばれる病気が急速に広まっており、ヨーロッパの人々は牛肉を食べるのを恐れていると言われていた。 い)当時、ヨーロッパでは狂牛病と呼ばれる病気が急速に広まっていると言われており、ヨーロッパの人々は牛肉を食べるのを恐れていた。  つまり、that 節がカバーする範囲が and の前までか、それとも最後までか、という疑問点です。  この文に先行する英文は、以下の通りです。ご参考にしてください。 A new kind of meat can be seen in the supermarkets and restaurants of several places around the world: ostrich meat. Ostrich meat is healthier than beef and even chicken, and tastes delicious. Ostrich meat was first tried in China, because Chinese people like trying new kinds of food. Then in early 1996, the popularity of ostrich meat began to increase worldwide. ・・・・

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

The New Zealand Mounted Rifles Brigade reached Debabis on 8 August. As the 3rd Light Horse Brigade came up, they passed many dead Ottomans and Yeomanry; one dead Ottoman sniper had a heap of hundreds of rounds of empty cartridge shells beside him. Meanwhile, the Bikanir Camel Corps and a squadron of aircraft continued searching the desert sands for missing men. The Battle of Bir el Abd or the Abd well (9 August 1916) was fought between the forces of the British Empire and the Ottoman Turkish Empire, during the Sinai and Palestine Campaign of the First World War.The battle took place in the Sinai Desert following the British victory at the battle of Romani (3–5 August). The British Empire's ANZAC Mounted Division, with the 5th Mounted Brigade under command, was tasked to follow a retiring Turkish Army force.

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

In early July 1914, in the aftermath of the assassination of Austro-Hungarian Franz Ferdinand and the immediate likelihood of war between Austria-Hungary and Serbia, Kaiser Wilhelm II and the German government informed the Austro-Hungarian government that Germany would uphold its alliance with Austria-Hungary and defend it from possible Russia intervention if a war between Austria-Hungary and Serbia took place. When Russia enacted a general mobilization, Germany viewed the act as provocative.

• 訳願います(英語→日本語)

"The classical period of Indian history includes a number of contrasts to that of China - and many of these contrast have proved enduring." を、日本語にしてほしいです。

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

In March 1914, the conservative Salandra was brought into the national cabinet upon the fall of the government of Giovanni Giolitti, as the choice of Giolitti himself, who still commanded the support of most Italian parliamentarians. Salandra's government was the most conservative one that Italy had seen for a long time. Salandra soon fell out with Giolitti over the question of Italian participation in World War I. At the outbreak of World War I in August 1914, Salandra declared that Italy would not commit its troops, maintaining that the Triple Alliance had only a defensive stance and Austria-Hungary had been the aggressor. In reality, both Salandra and his ministers of Foreign Affairs, Antonino Paternò Castello, who was succeeded by Sidney Sonnino in November 1914, began to probe which side would grant the best reward for Italy's entrance in the war and to fulfil Italy’s irrendentist claims.