• ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

We only got to see our grandparents for a little over 24 hours because my dad lives two hours away from them and we had no independent transportation. independent transportationとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4133/5370)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9732/12106)
回答No.1

>independent transportationとはどういうことでしょうか? ⇒「自前の交通手段」でいいと思います。つまり、「車やバイクなど(を持っていなかった)」ということでしょうね。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 英語 

we must be at the airport two hours before our flight. 訳はわかるのですがtwo hoursの位置がよく変わりません beforeは our flightとtwohours 両方にかかっているということですか

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) It's been said that man stands alone because he alone stands. To put it another way, the first great step for mankind was the first bipedal step taken by our remote ( 1 ). The moment we started walking on our hind legs we freed our front legs to become our grasping, manipulative hands. And with tool-making hands we conquered the world. So we owe a great debt to our feet and should cherish them as one of the most important parts of our anatomy. But what a pity, we ( 2 ) do this. Instead we abuse them horribly. We sentence them to spend two-thirds of their life inside leather cells. We force them to walk on hard, tiring surfaces. And we completely ignore their health and well-being until they are in serious trouble and send out pain signals we can ( 3 ) ignore. The reason for this is we look down on them literally. They are too far away from our specialized sense organs. If we could examine them as ( 4 ) as we study our hands, we would take more care of them. But they are at the far end of the body, and most of the time they hardly rate a passing thought.

• 中学3年の英語について

私は、英文を作るのがとても苦手です。 I think TV is necessary in our lives. What do you think? これの答えで、「なぜなら、テレビを見ることは面白いから」 という Because (we) ~ が最初にくる英文を教えてください‼ お願いします‼

• どのような意味でしょうか

My sister-in-law says she is very allergic to cats. She lives six hours away from my Mom. My sister and I have cats and bring them with us when we visit our mom. My sister-in-law asked us if we could put the cats behind a gate or upstairs when she and my brother visit. We believe that our cats are our family members. We refuse to put our cats away just because someone wants us to. Because of this, our sister-in-law stopped visiting. Now she has a baby and this is the first grandchild in the family. She again asked if we would put the cats away while she visits so my mom can visit with her granddaughter. Again, we have refused to do this because our cats are just as important family members as her baby. We told her that she should drop off the baby with my mom, sister and me and that she can relax at the hotel while we visit. She has refused to do this, and now just doesn't visit. She tells my brother to visit whenever he wants, but that she and her baby will stay home. My mom cannot drive to their house, and now my mom has not seen her granddaughter at all. She is very upset. How do we fix this for our mom's sake, without giving up our principles? giving up our principlesとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳お願いします!!

That means more funding for research. Right now, for example, about a quarter million Americans have a spinal cord injury. Our government spends about $8.7 billion a year just maintaining these members of our family. 【 But we spend only $40 million a year on research that would actually improve the quality of their lives, get them off public assistance, or even cure them.We've got to be smarter, do better. Because the money we invest in research today is going to determine the quality of life of members of our family tomorrow.】 の訳なのですが、【】の間の文がうまく訳せているかわかりません。一応、自分で訳したものは、 それは、研究のためにより多くの資金提供を意味します。たった今、たとえば、およそ25万人のアメリカ人は、脊髄損傷があります。我々の政府は、ちょうど我々の家族のこれらのメンバーを支えることに1年につきおよそ87億ドルを費やします。 【しかし、我々は実は彼らの命の品質を改善する研究に1年につき4000万ドルだけを使うか、彼らを公的扶助から取り去るか、彼らを治療さえします。我々はより頭が良くなければならなくて、よりうまくやります。なぜなら、我々が今日研究に投資するお金が明日我々の家族のメンバーの生活の質を決定しそうであるからです。】 これで大丈夫ですか??

• confirmed atheists

Recently, my partner’s lifelong best friend and his wife were killed in a car accident, leaving us with custody of both of their children. They are two wonderful girls ages 4 and 2 and we love them dearly and are happy to have them. Both of them are comfortable with us since we spent a great deal of time together before their parents passed away, but we did not have any children of our own and we are taking a crash course in parenting. At this moment, I have two main concerns. One of them is that we are not sure how to help them understand what has happened. My partner and I are confirmed atheists, and although our friends were not seriously religious, they did have some spiritual beliefs and we are not sure whether they would want us to teach their daughters that they’ve gone to heaven or follow our own instincts to say that even though mom and dad loved them more than anything, they’re simply not coming back. confirmed atheistsとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• go on off hours

My good friend and I live a considerable distance from each other. Every two months, we meet at a restaurant that's halfway between our homes, to eat and catch up. These food/gab fests last about two to three hours. We go to a place that's not overly popular, and we go on off hours. go on off hoursはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

About a year ago, my maternal grandparents sold their home and moved across the country to spend their retirement in a nicer town. Now, they are pressuring my husband and me to fly out and stay with them for a week. They tell me, "Everyone else has come," or "We feel like you don't really love us." The problem is time and money. My husband and I live on a very tight budget. While visiting them used to be a drive up the street, it would now require plane tickets, time off work, gas money to get to an airport and hiring someone to care for our dog while we're away. I told my grandparents this, and they offered to pay for our plane tickets. That is generous of them, but it's only a small part of the problem. My husband only gets paid when he works. If he takes off a week, we would not make enough to pay rent. I have told my grandparents this also, but it seems to fall on deaf ears. Their constant pressure is stressing me out, on top of an already stressful job. I can't make time and money appear where this is none. My grandparents have the right to move away if they want, but they didn't seem to think of the implications of being farther away from loved ones. They have no family where they live now, and don't know anyone, which to me is why they seem desperate for constant visitors. My mother has only been able to travel and see her parents once (with the help of a friend paying part of the way), and most likely won't be able to again. How can I tell them that the rest of us just don't have the means to pick up and fly away? a drive up the streetとpick up and fly awayの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英作文 添削

問 次の英文の問いに対するあなたの考えを3分程度英語で書きなさい。 Now,in the world,many people are living poor lives.What can we do for such people in need? My answer I think we should work some volunteers.For example,we gather a little maney.If them send poor peoples, They can live a little good lives. はい。全く文法的におかしいのですが 正しい指導をしてもらいたいため書きました。すいません。 私が英語にしたかった文は以下です。 私は、私達はボランティアをすべきだと思う。例えば少しのお金を集める。それを貧しい人々に送れば、彼らは少しいい生活ができる。 …です。 たくさん添削してもらわねばなりませんが、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

ある雑誌を読んでいましたら下記のようなコメントがありました。なんとなくはわかりましたが、正確な意味が知りたくなってしまいました。 すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。 yes. if they don't listen to us, we will force to pull them down from online because we care about our brand in USA