The Claim of Pride: An Intriguing Tale of Bandits, Samurai, and Identity

このQ&Aのポイント
  • In this captivating movie, three individuals - a bandit, a wife, and a samurai - each make a different claim: that they are the criminal themselves.
  • Their desire to protect their pride surpasses their own lives, creating a fascinating dynamic.
  • Despite being in black-and-white, the film's imagery is remarkably beautiful, evoking the intensity of the sun's glare.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

添削してください

This story of this movie is three people (bandit, wife and samurai) made a different claim. They said that a criminal is yourself. They wanted to protect their pride rather than their own lives. Despite of black-and-white, I felt the glare of the sun and the images is beautiful. 「この映画では全員がみんな違った主張をし、それぞれ自分が犯人だと言います。 3人とも自分の命が助かることよりも、プライドを守りたかったのです。 白黒映画にもかかわらず、映像は美しく、太陽の眩しさを感じました。」 こちらの英文を添削してください。 よろしくお願いします。

• wxw
  • お礼率89% (1045/1166)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

[In] this movie three people, a bandit, a wife, and a samurai, make different [assertions]*1, [each claiming that] [he himself or she herself is guilty.] They wanted to protect their pride [and their honor] rather than [saving] their own lives. [Although the film was] [shot in black-and-white,]*2 I [could feel] the glare of the sun, and the [imagery]*3 was beautiful. *1: https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=assertion *2: https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=shoot+in+black+and+white *3: https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=imagery

wxw
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 主張=assertionsと言うのですね。知らなかったです。 勉強になりました。ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 添削してください

I think this movie is a daily life in rural areas around 1948 from the eyes of the children. Even their gentle mothers will refused to give their house. As the brothers are still young, they do not think deeply about this, and the movie does not express draw a conclusion. It is drawn the viewer can interpret freely. この映画は子供の目から観た1948年頃の地方の日常生活なのだと思う。 優しい彼らの母親ですら、1人の少年だけは家に上げようとしない。 兄弟たちは、まだその頃幼かったということもあり、その辺を深く考えることはないし、映画も結論を出すようには描いていない。 あくまでも、観た人が自由に解釈できるように描いてある。 こちらの英文を添削してください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削してください

Even if they are poor, they feel joyful when they grow their plants, and they freely play in the park. And they have ambition to study. In society, this definition is actually ambiguous, what is right, what is rich, and what is happy. The director expressed the world of children that can not be measured by adult value. 貧しくても、子供たちが植物を育てる姿や、公園で自由に遊ぶ姿に彼らは喜びを感じる。そして彼らは「勉強をしたい」と願う向上心を持っている。社会において、何が正しく、何が幸せで、何が豊かなのか、この定義は実は曖昧である。大人の価値基準では測りきれない子どもの世界を、監督は表現している。 ・豊か、と言うのをrichで訳したのですがあっているでしょうか? 自然が豊か、と言うときはrich in natureというそうなのですが、この場合もrichでいいのでしょうか? こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。

• 英作文添削お願いします。

テーマはここ数年のニュースで話題になったものというものです。 I was interested in the news which the age of adult should be lowered to eighteen years old. I agree with this idea. Young people these days are overprotected. They can't know anything about the world. It is true that people in their teens still aren't mentally and physically mature. Many teenager don't have a full time job, live with their parents and depend on their parents, However, this is the reason why the age of adult should be lowered. Someday, they will have to live by their own. If they have to be responsible to everything they do, they will become aware that they should be independent. They would also appreciate their parents. よろしくおねがいします。

• 英文の添削お願いします。

課題文:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Young people should start to live on their own and become indepentent of their parents as early as possible.Give reasons to support your opinion. 解答: (1)I think young people should start to live on their own and become independent of their parents as early as possible. (2)I think so because,when they start working they will have to do everything by theirselves.Their parents won't help them any more.If they are not independent of their parents,they cannot work. (3)Second, if they start to live on their own,they will know that doing houseworks such as making meals,cleaning rooms is hard work. (4)And the most important reason is that,when they have their children,they have to teach their children a lot of things by them selves.If they are not indepentent of their parents,they can't raise their children properly. (5)I have friends who live on their own.They are doing everything by theirselves,so they look confident. (6)With above reasons I think young peole should start to live on their own and becomeindependent of their parents.約150words,30分 TOEFL対策の問題です。 後々読み直してみると、 firstがないのにsecondを使ったり、 一番大事な理由を述べているパラグラフの位置が中途半端だったり、 無駄にパラグラフを多くしてしまった点がよくなかったように思います。 文章構成・表現・文法なんでも稚拙な部分が多くあると思うので直したほうがよい所やアドバイスがあったらぜひ教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

The new GOP health bill only has 20% approval - but they are going to move heaven and earth to get that thing passed. I don't understand the pride of men. This is going to get people killed. There is no place for politics or pride in health care. This is a criminal undertaking and someday these guys will all have to answer for it. We need to tattoo this onto the foreheads of all who voted for it - this kind of cruelty should not be forgotten.

• 添削をお願いします。

Whatever may be the truth, as respects the root and the genius of the Indian tongues, it is quite certain they are now so distinct in their words as to possess most of the disadvantages of strange languages; hence much of the embarrassment that has arisen in learning their histories, and most of the uncertainty which exists in their traditions. 真実がどうであれ、インディアン語のルートや特質を考慮すると、彼らは今、慣れない言語(そのために彼らの歴史を学ぶにはたくさんの困難があった)で不利であり、伝説の中に不確実なことが多いため、自分の言語のほうが非常に明瞭なのは全く確実である。

• 和訳をお願いします。

Pericles' Funeral Oration 431 BC: "...In the fighting, they thought it more honourable to stand their ground and suffer death than to give in and save their lives. So they fled from the reproaches of men, abiding with life and limb the brunt of battle, and in a small moment of time, the climax of their lives, a culmination of glory, not of fear, were swept away from us." 後半が分かりません。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 大学受験対策の自由英作文の添削をお願いします。

テーマは「医者の患者に対するよき接し方」です。 字数制限は70字前後。 Doctors should not only care patients of their desease but also be concerned about their feelings. It is because they are uneasy to some extent after they recover from their desease completely. When they are got rid of their uneasiness,they can live a life happily. From this reason,it is important that in addition to curing them of their desease,docotors make them relieved and let them feel healthy. 治療することだけでなく、患者を安心させることについて書きました。 第一文が導入、第二文で理由1を展開、第三文で理由を補足、第四文で結論、という展開にしたのですが、どうでしょうか? 制限時間ありの中で書いたので、雑ですが、どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 和訳 Criminal Procedure

正しい日本語に書き直すことをお願いします(辞書形) The Code of Criminal Procedure, and the Criminal Investigation Standards are at the very bottom of the hierarchy. This means regardless of what they state, they must obey and conform to the supreme laws and treaties. 刑事訴訟法および刑事捜査基準は、法の階層の最下部にあ る。 この法律が何を述べているかにかかわらず、最高の法律や条約に従わなければならないことを意味する。

• 大学受験対策の自由英作文の添削をお願いします。

テーマは「子供の育て方」についてです。 字数制限は66~74字です。 I think you should let your children often play with others. This is because they needs to learn how to get along with others and how to consider how they feel. And, if some of others are their best friends, their best friends and they would have influence on each other and overcome many troubles. For these reasons, it is important for children to play with others to grow up pleasantly. 71words 文法だけでなく、論理展開についても指摘して頂けると助かります。 第1文で主張を示し、2,3文で理由、4文でまとめ、という構成にしています。 あと、質問が1つあります。 第3文は「もし他の子のうちの何人かが親友になるならば~」という文にしたのですが、 主節の「their best friends and they」をすっきりさせる書き方はないでしょうか? theyでまとめてしまうのは文法的におかしくなりますし、このままだと不自然な文なので気になりました。 では、よろしくお願いします^^