• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

validating

He told me about his girlfriend, whom he broke up with shortly after we started hanging out; he started dating another girl; and then he joined Tinder to date other people, telling me about his travails the whole time. I felt jealous and upset and inferior, but I found his attention validating, ここでのvalidatingの訳し方を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数83
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15024/32089)

ここでのvalidatingの訳し方を教えてください。   validate は、下記のように「正当性を立証する」というややこしい定義が出ています。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=validate  しかしここでは、「(他の人の私はあそこへ行った、僕はどこそこへも行ったという話に押されて引け目を感じていたが、それにもかかわらず彼がどこにも行っていない私に注意を向けてくれたことで)ちゃんと一人前に認めてもらっているんだ(と感じた)」みたいなことだと思います。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

お礼の回答が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

I have been dating a wonderful guy for several years. He is a great partner, handsome, hard-working, and he cares a great deal about making me happy. My parents love him, too. I recently learned that his small business is paying several employees under the table, at the employees’ request. This has left me feeling confused and upset. I believed that he was a pretty ethical person, and, in his mind, he is doing a favor to his employees. In my mind, he is risking the company that he has worked so hard to build. paying several employees under the tableはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• gay bear

I'm a 48-year-old gay bear who recently started dating a 29-year-old guy. We met through friends about a year ago, began having regular cuddle sessions, and finally started a relationship. He is funny, smart, sexy, and caring. He's emotionally mature and financially secure, and he's as crazy about me as I am about him. We're falling in love, and it's wonderful. The confusing part is that he doesn’t normally go for bears and his sexual and relationship experiences have been very narrow. ここでのbearはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 話法と、時制の一致について

話法についていまだにうまく会話の際に使いこなすことができません。 直接話法で He said to me "コメント". だととても簡単なのですが、 間接話法になると時制あっているかなと不安な気持ちが頭をかすめます。 たとえば、 (1) 「あいつ(He)今日くるって俺に言ってたんだけどな。 やっぱりこないってよ。」 He said to me that he might have come here today. But he told me that he couldn't come today. (2) 「あいつ(He)、彼女(His girlfriend)が何をほしがっているのか、わからなかったって嘆きながら俺に言ってたんだよ」 He sobbed and said to me that he couldn't understand what his girlfriend wanted at that time. (3) 「そのときどのような方法を取ればいいのか、まだ若い俺にはわからなかったんだと、彼は私に言った。」 He told me that he had never found the best way how he should have done because of his youth. というような文章です。 下が自分なりに書いた文章です。 このような文章を会話で間接話法を使って表現したいと思っています。 話法、時制の一致の勉強になるサイト、書籍等がありましたら教えてください。 宜しくお願いします。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am a mother of three children, but it's the oldest my husband and I worry about. When "John" went to college, he started drinking a lot. I asked him about it then, and he admitted that he might have a problem, but he did nothing about it. That was 10 years ago. He has had two DWIs since, and he drinks every day. I found out from his girlfriend that he actually gets into the shower with a beer in his hand. I recently noticed that the whites of his eyes are yellow, which I'm told is a sign of liver damage. We've tried talking with John, but he denies he has a problem. My daughter and her friends have gone out socially with John, and she says he is fun to be with, and then suddenly a switch flips and he yells and curses. gone out socially with Johnはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• driven

I recently started talking to a man I met on an online dating site. He is attractive, well-educated, respectful, and driven; we hit it off and have talked for over a week. He informed me that he has a 5-year-old son from a previous relationship and I feel a little blindsided. I am a recent college graduate who just started her first salaried job, and I am worried that dating someone with a child is a little over my head. drivenはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、over my headはここではどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• pull up the photo

Today in manufacturing class, I was hanging out with my friend Ian. We were in a larger group of boys and he started bragging about how this girl had sent him a topless photo. He then proceeded to pull up the photo and pass it around. pull up the photoの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 悲しい知らせ。。。

暗い話ですみません・・・メールで英語にしたいのですが教えてください。多少略してもかまいませんし、分かるところだけでもいいです。宜しくお願いします 1、友達の一人が亡くなりました。でも二年前に亡くなっていました。私はそれを昨日まで知らなかった。私は20歳のときに彼と付き合っていました。2年後に別れましたが、私たちはその後も親友でした。彼はいつもバカなことをして私を笑わせてくれた。 My friend XXX ...... but He gone 2years ago. I didnt know that... we are together ......when i was 20 years old. He makes me smile and ... 2、彼は昔不良グループにいた。(若気のいたりのような意味です) だから彼を悪くいう人もいた。 でも彼はとても優しい心を持っている事を私はしっていた。暴力や弱いものをいじめることをすごく嫌ったり、助けていた。 He was member of ...... so other people said ...but I .. 3、彼の姉は私に言った。 「彼は、最後まであなたの事を話していた。あなたが最後の彼女で一番の親友だったということ。当時は友人の裏切りや借金などで辛い思いもしていたけど、あなたといた時間が最高だったからすべて忘れられたと。痛みにも耐えて病と闘えたと。私の名前をなんども言っていたと。 」 私は涙が止まらなかった。 His sister told me..he were thinking about you talking about you. you are his best girlfriend in his life. ..... 4、彼は孤独だった。 本当の友達もいなかった。だから彼の家族は彼の死を誰にも知らせなかった。 私は連絡が途絶えてから、彼にずっと着信をしていた。つながらないのに何度もかけた。 でも、もうそのころに彼はなくなっていた。 he was lonely.. he has not best friend so his family not to say that he is gone..... わかりませんでした。教えてください I

• よろしくお願いします

My husband of 26 years told me he wants his ex-girlfriend back in his life as his “No. 2” partner. He doesn’t like me very much and says I make him miserable at times. He has a long list of complaints about me. I want out but he doesn’t. I want outはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

A year ago we discussed getting engaged. Spencer said he'd propose sometime within the next year and last spring it seemed like he was working up the courage to do it. (He was talking about how happy he was and what he was seeing for our future). Then his best friend got his girlfriend pregnant and told Spencer he was thinking about proposing to her. After that, the idea of us getting married went on the back burner. Spencer stopped talking about us, and I think the reason was he didn't want to step on anyone's toes. (It's why he said he didn't want to get engaged when his sister was getting married.) It's whyとThat'w whyになるときの違いは何でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

When I was a freshman, I started hanging out with a sophomore guy. I began to get suspicious that he liked me, and then he asked me out. At the time I had no experience of this kind of thing (and had convinced myself that no one would ever like me), so I panicked and ended up kicking up a lot of drama. kicking up a lot of dramaはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

専門家に質問してみよう