• ベストアンサー

study regimen

Gates enrolled at Harvard University in the fall of 1973, originally thinking of a career in law. But his freshman year saw him spend more of his time in the computer lab than in class. Gates did not really have a study regimen. study regimenとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.2

寛容的な表現でもなさそうなので、ここでは、 a study regimenは(薬の投与計画の様な)きっちりした勉強の計画、ととらえました。 この後に、ビルが試験のために一夜漬けで勉強してそれなりの成績を取っていたことが書かれています。 Instead, he could get by on a few hours of sleep, cram for a test, and pass with a reasonable grade.

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

noname#229393
noname#229393
回答No.1

《全文の訳》 ゲイツ氏は1973年秋にハーバード大学に入学し、当初は法律家を考えていました。しかし、彼の一年生は、コンピュータラボでの授業よりも多くの時間を費やしていました。ゲイツ氏は実際に食事療法による研究成果等を持っていなかった。 ・study regimen(食事療法についての研究成果) ・regimenとは、名詞で医学用語になります。 食事療法の意味を指します。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 留学生 (Study in Japan)

Hello there! I am sorry for English and very long question. My name is Andrei and I from Russia, 24 years old. I want to study in the Japanese University of Short Circuit or College. I have a special education (college) and a bachelor's degree in business and commerce. I hope to find a job after study. But I have a lot questions. 1)Price policy. I correctly understand that the average price for one year of study is 800,000-1 000,000 yen? Can I expect a scholarship or a price reduction? 2)Universities and colleges. Could you recommend good variants for a foreigner? Interested in languages, hotel business, commerce, IT. 3)Cities. I don't like megacities, I would be happy to study in a very small town or a town like a Hiroshima, Naha, Nagasaki etc. Is it bad for a foreigner? Can will I find a job there? Thank you if you've read this.

• 英語での自己紹介について

英語での自己紹介をする際に、「私は(○○大学の)教育学部の一年生です。」と言いたいとき、 どのように英語で書けばいいのでしょうか? I'm freshman in the Department of Education. (of ○○ university.) という表現だとネイティブの方にきちんと伝わりますか・・・? 他にも英語で自己紹介をするときに、盛り込んだほうがいいトピック等、もしありましたら、アドバイスください! よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の前置詞

お世話になっております。 私は大学で野球がしたい。 私は中学校で社会を教えたい。(社会の先生になりたい) これらの前置詞で悩んでいます。 I want to play baseball in the university. I want to play baseball at the university. I want to teach social studies in junior high school. I want to teach social studies at junior high school. I want to be a junior high school teacher of social studies. どれが正しいのでしょうか?またニュアンスの違いがあればぜひ教えてください。

• Cambridge University

Want to study in University of Cambridge, UK in England. Know more about eligibility criteria for admission 2022, Intake, Course Duration, Fees, scholarship and more details

• exposureとthe first waveの訳について

A total of 71,437 adults with disaster-related exposures on September 11 and during its immediate aftermath were enrolled in the first wave of the study. この文章は9月11日の同時テロ発生後の、心的ストレスを調査する研究についての文章です。 exposureとthe first wave of the studyの訳が分かりません。 通常、exposureは医学では「曝露」ですが、ここでは他に適訳がありますでしょうか。 また、the first waveは「1回目」とか「第1弾」という意味でしょうか。 ご指導、お願いします。

• 英文でわからない構文があります

While my love for mountain climbing led me to climb that one mountain in the Himalayas, my fall helped me reach much greater heights, shaping my thinking about the world and leading me to the advice that I give to all of my students. この英文のmy fall helped me reach much greater heights, shaping my thinking...のところでheightsコンマの後に shapingという動詞ingのところの構文がわかりません これと似たよう英文でコンマの後に動詞ingの構文がわかりません どなたか教えてくださらないでしょうか? 例文 You did a lot of filedwrok, observing chimpanzees in the world. I was reading a book on train, listening to music. When his grandchildren became five, Kaka began to include longer sentences in his messages, using capital letters to help them leran to read.

• 英語の冠詞と前置詞についての質問です

「私は大学と大学院で日本語学を勉強しました。」を各翻訳ソフトに掛けると色々出て来て、どれが正しい英語なのか分かりません。殊に冠詞と前置詞で異同が有ります。次のような次第です。 @nifty翻訳 I studied the Japanese study in the university and the graduate school. Bing 翻訳 I studied in college and graduate school of Japan studies. Google翻訳 I studied the Japanese science at the university and graduate school. So-net I studied science of Japanese in a university and a graduate school. フレッシュアイ翻訳 I studied Japanese study at the university and the graduate school. Yahoo!翻訳 I studied science of Japanese in a university and a graduate school. また大学と大学院で前置詞が異なる訳文もあるので、「私は大学で日本語を勉強しました。私は大学院で日本語を勉強しました。」で新たに翻訳を掛けました。結果は以下の通りです。 @nifty翻訳 I studied Japanese at the university. I studied Japanese in the graduate school. Bing 翻訳 I studied at the University of Japan language. I did study Japan language in graduate school. Google翻訳 I studied Japanese at university. I studied Japanese in graduate school. So-net I studied Japanese at a university. I studied Japanese in a graduate school. フレッシュアイ翻訳 I studied Japanese at the university. I studied Japanese at the graduate school. Yahoo!翻訳 I studied Japanese at a university. I studied Japanese in a graduate school. ここでは同じソフトなのに「university」と「graduate school」で前置詞が異なるものがほとんとです。しかしそれなら先の「大学と大学院で」の訳においても、それぞれに(graduate schoolの前にも)前置詞を付ける必要が有るのではないかと思いますが、そうなっていません。 私が教えていただきたいのは次の3点です。 1.自己紹介でいきなり(前に大学や大学院の話が出ていない状況で)「私は大学と大学院で日本語学を勉強しました。」とした場合は「university」でも「the university」でもなく「a university」でしょうか。 2.「university」と「graduate school」の前置詞は同じでしょうか。異なるのでしょうか。異なる場合はその理由。 3.最終的に「私は大学と大学院で日本語学を勉強しました。」の正しい英訳は何でしょうか。 以上、御教示いただければ幸いです。

• 『 in the second part of the year 』の意味について

『We don't decide his next year schedule yet. But we are thinking of making him do boxing fights in the second part of the year. 』 上記の文章で、『in the second part of the year.』の意味がわかりません。 詳しい方がいましたら、よろしくお願いします。

• 英文と写真に含まれてる意味とWW1の関わりは?

『Barney Searle from Lethbridge(カナダある街の名前です) lied about his age to join the War in 1916. He told his mom that he could think of no better way to spend his life than in the service of his nation. He died 2 weeks after being deployed to the front.』 これはどんなメッセージもしくはメインポイントが含まれているのでしょうか。そし第一次世界大戦とどんな関わりが込められているのか教えてください。

• 写真と英文の意味、第一次世界大戦の関わり

『Barney Searle from Lethbridge(カナダある街の名前です) lied about his age to join the War in 1916. He told his mom that he could think of no better way to spend his life than in the service of his nation. He died 2 weeks after being deployed to the front.』 これはどんなメッセージもしくはメインポイントが含まれているのでしょうか。そし第一次世界大戦とどんな関わりが込められているのかわからないので、是非教えてください。