• ベストアンサー

education deferments

During his years at college, Trump worked at his father’s real estate business during the summer. He also secured education deferments for the Vietnam War draft and ultimately a 1-Y medical deferment after he graduated. education defermentsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4115/5350)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

education defermentsの意味を教えてください。  教育のための兵役延期、実際には「教育のための兵役免除」でしょう。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=deferment

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 英文法について教えてください

Taro hasn't worked at all since he graduated from high school. ~he had graduated~になるとなぜ間違いなのか 教えてください。 宜しくお願いします。

• [way]の使い方について?

NHKテレビ英会話講座より He worked his way through college and graduated with honors. 彼は働いて学費を自分で出して大学を卒業した、しかも優等で。 (質問) (1)「学費を自分で出す」を[his way]で表現されていますが、このニュアンスがつかめません。なにかやさしい説明をいただけませんか? (2)直訳すると「彼は大学を通して、彼のやり方(方法)で働き続けた、・・・」 でいいでしょうか? (3)[worked]は完全自動詞で間違いありませんか? (4)[work through]「働き続ける」、という句動詞ありますが,これと関係がありますか? (5)類似した「way]の使い方で、易しい例文があればいくつかお願いいたします。以上

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

During a rally in Florida this morning, Donald Trump broke from his speech to discuss a topic of national importance: how beautiful he is. Spotting someone in the crowd wearing a Trump mask, Trump went off on a tangent about his own face. “Look at this mask. Look at this mask. Oh wow. Wow, that’s beautiful. Look at that. Looks just like me.”

• どのような意味でしょうか

My husband’s father died just before we got married, 17 years ago. He had been married to a woman with three daughters of her own, and the two had just had another baby girl at the time of his death. My husband and his brothers had a contentious relationship with their stepmother and stepsisters, and cut them out of their lives entirely after their father’s estate was settled. their father’s estate was settledはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• ■おとうさんは何を言いたいのですか?国語?■

下記の英文において、お父さんの意見がよくわかりません。 大学を出ていても貧しい暮らしをする人が多いから、 子供の大学進学へ後ろ向きな考え方になったということでしょうか? My father, from a view of the expense of a college education, which having so large a family he could not well afford, and the mean living which many so educated were afterwards able to obtain, altered his first intention about my education.

• 添削IIお願いします

次の4コマの内容を英語にしました。文法や英語の表現、文の流れなどおかしな点がありましたらご指摘よろしくお願いします。最初の1文は提示されたものです。 「(1)その若い男は昼は工事現場で働き、夜はバンドの練習をしている。(2)父親が彼に説教をしている。(きちんとした仕事をしろというようなことを言っている)(3)彼は無視をして練習を続けていた。父親はかんかんに怒っている。(4)6ヶ月後、彼はステージに立っている。コンサート上は聴衆でいっぱいである。」 There was a young man who played the guitar in a band. He was working at a construction site during the day, while he was practicing the guitar in his band at night. One day, his father said, “You get a decent job. You quit your band.” However, he didn’t accept his father’s thought. His attitude at last made his father angry, but he ignored it and continued his band. Six months later, his dream came true. He could stand on the big stage in his concert. The concert was full of the audience. The young man was happy that his band became famous. よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

he wife of the Republican presidential front-runner said Tuesday he is “an adult and he knows the consequences” of his prolific and sometimes inflammatory Twitter use. She was asked by CNN’s Anderson Cooper if she ever tried to get Trump to put his phone away and rein in his social media activity. “Anderson, if he would only listen. I do say it many times,” she replied, after revealing that she doesn’t let their young son, Barron, on Twitter. Trump, who has 7.5 million Twitter followers and nearly as many on Facebook, boasted about his social media prowess, saying it gives him a huge advantage over his rivals while marveling at its great reach. “I really enjoy doing it but it’s an asset,” he said. “You see what’s going on and there is some genius there. You just have to find the right genius.” Trump, who said he would sharply curtail but not eliminate his Twitter use if elected president, acknowledged that his retweets of supporters comments have gotten him in trouble. He has come under fire several times for his Twitter usage, most recently when he retweeted an unflattering photo of Heidi Cruz, the wife of Republican rival Ted Cruz. But Trump insisted that he composes his own tweets and doesn’t run any posts past an adviser or focus group. “During the day when I’m in the office, I just shout it out to one of the young ladies in the office,” who then does the typing, Trump said. But “during the evenings, after 7 p.m. or so, I will always do it by myself.” The Twitter revelations came near the end of an hour-long town hall in which Trump was joined by his Slovenian-born wife, a former model, and his four grown children. Trump ceded center stage for much of the evening, as his children answered a dozen question from the New York City audience and attempted to cast a warm, humanizing light on their sometimes abrasive father. Ivanka Trump, who gave birth two weeks ago, spoke eloquently about her father, who is aiming to decisively win the primary next week in his home state of New York, increasing the chances that he can clinch the Republican presidential nomination before the party’s convention this summer.

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

He was elected, at the end of 1898, president of the important commission on education, in which he advocated the adoption of a modern system of education. The policy of the Waldeck-Rousseau ministry on the religious teaching congregations broke up the Republican party, and Ribot was among the seceders; but at the general election of 1902, though he himself secured re-election, his policy suffered a severe check. He actively opposed the policy of the Combes ministry and denounced the alliance with Jean Léon Jaurès, and on 13 January 1905 he was one of the leaders of the opposition which brought about the fall of the cabinet. Although he had been most violent in denouncing the anti-clerical policy of the Combes cabinet, he now announced his willingness to recognize a new régime to replace the Concordat of 1801, and gave the government his support in the establishment of the Associations culturelles, while he secured some mitigation of the seventies attending the separation. He was re-elected deputy for St. Omer in 1906.

• a man for education ←文意がつかめません

友人とNEWSHOURの学生向けの記事を使って英文読解をしています。記事の内容は、最近選挙の立候補者が、自分に若者が投票してくれるよう、YOUTUBEやMYSPACEを利用し始めたというものです。その中で、 Phil Angelides, the Democratic candidate for governor of California, has a Facebook page with 2,500 supporters where he posts responses to questions students leave on his message board. Aaron Coleman, a student at the University of California, San Diego, was impressed by the effort and posted the comment, "A real Facebook profile? Obviously a man for education ... see you at the polls Phil."という所のa man for education以下のところがよくわかりません。その立候補者のFacebookに載っている人たちが教養のありそうな人=さくらの人たち?だとわかるから、選挙の結果が楽しみだ、選挙で会おうぜ、フィル、といったニュアンスなんでしょうか?Myspaceの仕組みもよくわかってないので、何か参考になることを教えて頂ければと思います。よろしくお願いします。

• 訳を教えてください。

When James A. Garfield was 23, he left Ohio for Massachusetts and completed his education at Willams Collage. この英文の訳を教えてください。