What is Book Off Work? Find Out Here

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Book off work refers to the act of requesting time off from work in advance.
  • It is a process where an employee informs their employer about their intention to take a leave of absence on a specific day or for a specific period of time.
  • In the given context, the speaker mentions booking off work in relation to scheduling an appointment for a debt-management program.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

book off work

We have a lovely landlord who is okay with me paying rent half at a time, twice a month, because I just can’t do it all at once. We’ve also entered a debt-management program (because I made us the appointment and told him which day to book off work), which thankfully has rescued us from a bunch of consumer debt, book off workとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

book off work = book + off work で、この場合の book は 「予約する」 という時に使う book で、ここでは 「予定する」 とか 「予め予定に入れておく」 とか、そういうニュアンスがあるのではないかと思います。で、book off work となると、「予め (仕事を) 休む日を予約しておく」 つまり、「職場などえ、この日は休ませてくれ、と前もって予約しておく」 ということではないかと思います。なお、下記のサイトには "Take time off work" とありましたので、参考にいたしました。

参考URL:
http://www.wordwebonline.com/en/BOOKOFFWORK
corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• will be workingとwill workの違い

I don't think I can meet you at six tomorrow night because we have a lot of extra work this month. Probably ( ). (1) I'll still be working (2) I'll still work (3) I'm still at work (4) I'm still working (質問1) 答えは(1)ですが、なぜ(2)がだめなのか分かりません。教えていただけますか? (質問2) そもそも「未来進行形」と「未来形」の違いは何でしょうか?

• 同じ意味になるように日本語訳もお願いします

We left at eight, and we arrived there just at noon. We left at eight,() there just at noon. Because we were caught in a shower,we took shelter under a tree. ()() a shower,we took shelter under a tree. As I have never been here before, I don't know which way to go. ()()() here before, I don't know which way to go. As there was no power service,we used lamps at night ()() no power service,we used lamps at night If we consider his age, he looks young. ()()(), he looks young

• because以外の表現

because以外の表現 9時に予約を入れたので美容院へ行ってきます。を I'm gonna to the hairdresser because I made an appointment at 9:00. と書いたのですが、because以外で、Iの重複がなくなるような 英文にしたい時にはどうしたらいいのでしょうか。 もう少しスマートな言い方がしたいのですが…。

• よろしくお願いします

My husband and I have been married for five years. We have no children because I have been unable to get pregnant, even with the help of fertility treatments. We are set up with an agency to adopt, but that has also been a lengthy and emotional process, which has included a match with a birth mother who ultimately broke the match because her mother didn’t like us. We are set up with an agencyはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、which has included a match with a birth mother who ultimately broke the match because her mother didn’t like us.の訳も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• workに続く前置詞

こんにちは。 今、英語の勉強をしていて はたと疑問に思うことがありました。 動詞work(働く)に続く前置詞として at;on;for;inなどが辞書に載っていましたが どれも場所や会社名などが続くもので 違いがいまいち分かりません。 たとえば "I work in an apparel industry." 「アパレル業界で働いています」 "I work for a travel agency." 「旅行会社で働いています」 "I work at a car factory." 「自動車工場で働いています」 …すべて、「(場所)で働く」という訳になりますよね。 それぞれの前置詞の使い分けって何なんでしょう? 規模の大きさってわけでもなさそうだし…。 どなたか分かりやすい解説を是非お願いします。

• 和訳をお願いいたします!分からない文のみを抜粋しているので、内容がちぐ

和訳をお願いいたします!分からない文のみを抜粋しているので、内容がちぐはぐしているかもしれないのですが、宜しくお願いします。 We have been busy with preparing for a new chip that we will receive today. After that we will be very busy validating our new chip. Actually I have asked my team to come to work this weekend. At first I didn't know there was a public holiday on Monday. Maybe that's why they were a bit angry at me? Or at least unhappy. But much worse ... I think I might have made you unhappy as well because I need to work this weekend. Actually there is another holiday in August ... 3 days + weekend I think, some of those days we will work as well :( Right now we have a busy period because we received new chip and towards the end of August it will also be busy because then we need give a release to our customer. Please don't think I don't want to see you, ok? 宜しくお願いします。

• 受動態への書きかえ問題です お願いします

We must do the work at once. これを受動態にする問題です。 自分は The work must be done by us at once.  としたのですが。 解答は「The work must be done at once.」 となっていました。 by us を入れるとまずいでしょうか。それともし入れても良い場合 by us は at once の前になりますか、それとも後ろになりますか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語 訳

Brian Wansink,a professor at the University of Illinois says we also eat certain foods because they make us feel good,and remind us of happy memories. 日本語訳お願いします。

• よろしくお願いします

Yes, a bunch of blinkered old fogeys have got it into their heads that we young upstarts are losing the ability to communicate because we supposedly spend all our time on the Internet. We can't be bothered to write proper English. So we exchange text messages full of emoticons and weird symbols made up of cleverly arranged punctuation marks. To which I say, "lol." have got it into their headsは「思い込んでいる」でしょうか?過去分詞がgotなのはイギリス英語でしょうか?アメリカも使うでしょうか?あと、So we exchange text messages full of emoticons and weird symbols made up of cleverly arranged punctuation marks. To which I say, "lol."の和訳を教えてください。To which I say, "lol."の使い方の解説も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• わからない個所を教えてください。1

A bunch of wild myrtle hung at the window will keep the flies away. I go happily along with her, sometimes running ahead and waiting for her to catch me up, sometimes carrying her basket for her. (前回の終わりの部分です) We walk for a long time, further than I have ever been before; I can’t see our house any longer, and the countryside around us is full of the sounds of crickets and the quieter, daytime cicadas. We pass a few derelict buildings, and two which clearly still have people living in them: in the fenced-in yard of one, a big brown dog raises his head gently from where he is lying in the shade, but doesn’t seem able to work up the enthusiasm to bark at us. At last, just as Lena is saying that maybe we should be heading back, I see a bridge ahead of us in the dirt road. ‘Lena – a bridge!’ She smiles. ‘Go on, then.’ ****************************************** 主人公のAlexはartistで、展示会に備えるために、幼い頃過ごしたイタリアに戻ってきています。この英文は現在からまた過去のシーンに戻っているように思われます。 She smiles. ‘Go on, then.’ のthenはどういう意味になるのでしょうか? 「進んで、・・・?」 教えてください。 お願いします。