A Booth for Distressed Individuals: Providing Help and Hope

このQ&Aのポイント
  • This booth offers a lifeline for distressed individuals, providing a last resort for them to save themselves.
  • Equipped with a large sign displaying a helpline number, this booth also contains a donation box filled with ten yen coins and telephone cards.
  • The booth aims to assist those in need, offering both practical and emotional support in times of distress.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

以下の英文の翻訳お願いします。Tojin

This booth has a large sign with a number to call for help, as well as a donation box with ten yen coins and telephone cards for distressed individuals to use as a last resort to save themselves. 試訳では「そのブースには、悩んでいる人々が自分たちを救う最後の手段として使うための10円硬貨とテレフォンカードが備え付けてある募金箱だけでなく、助けを求めるために電話番号が載っている大きな看板もある。」との訳の取り方ですが、結局、本英文の流れではAが強調されている(Bはその番号にかけるための経緯をさしている)と考えるのですが、「そのブースには、助けを求めるために電話番号が載っている大きな看板も、悩んでいる人々が自分たちを救う最後の手段として使うための10円硬貨とテレフォンカードが入っている募金箱がある。」としても良いのではとも考えます。A as well as Bは「BだけでなくAも/AもBも」との訳の取り方ですが、結局、本英文の流れではAが強調されている(Bはその番号にかけるための経緯をさしている)と考えるのですが、一般にA as well asはどのように捉えればよいか(書く時も同様)教えて頂ければ幸いです。 最後に前置詞withなのですが、「伴う」という意味がcoreだと思うのですが、どのように捉えればよいかも参考にさせて頂ければ幸いです。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

AとBとどちらを強調しているかは、それぞれの内容、趣旨で読者が判断することだと思います。最初に添付されている訳は、教科書通りの訳で間違いないのですが、実際に英語を喋る人の立場を考えれば、自分が言いたいことを一旦まとめて構文を考えてそれにそって話すことはありません。また論文とか文学作品とかを書いているのでなければ、書き言葉でも頭から順番に思い浮かぶごとに書くと思います。 すると、まず、Aを話し始めた時にすでに、as well as Bと言おうと思っていることはまず無くて、Aが大事で話している内に、Bも同じだけ大事なことを強調しないといけないことに気がついて言うような感じだと思います。ただ追加するだけなら、and で良いので、強調しているのは確かで、Bが大事なのは当たり前としてAが大事だと後づけで言っているようなところがあると思います。 だからkonan3939さんの解釈で良いと思います。ただ学校の試験とかだと、「~だけでなく」とか「~と同様に」とか入れないと、as well as を理解していないと取られ兼ねないので、定型にあわせたほうが無難と言うことでしょう。 a large sign with a number は、「番号が書かれた大きな看板(表示)」with は「伴っている」みたいな感じですかね。でも、看板と番号が一緒にある(with)と考えると番号が書かれた看板があるとイメージでき、with は何かが一緒になっている一体となっていると言う状態なのでそれを日本語に訳す時には状況に応じて自由度があります。 a donation box with ten yen coins and telephone cards もbox と、10円玉とテレフォンカードが一緒にあることを想像すると、まさか机の上に募金箱とその横に10円玉とテレフォンカードが別々に置かれているはずは無いので、「10円玉とテレフォンカードが入った募金箱」と訳します。 もしwith を使わないと、 a donation box which contains ten yen coins and telephone cards などとしなければならないので、with が便利です。

konan3939
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!

その他の回答 (1)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

どちらでもいいと思いますが、英語の場合、大雑把に取っ掛かりを示しておいて、それに続ける形で詳細に入っていくのが普通かと思いますから、そういう叙述の仕方になるべく沿う形で訳す人もあるでしょう。要するに内容が正確に把握できるように訳してあればいいだけのことですから (日本語は語順がかなり自由な言語なので)。 「そのブースには連絡先の電話番号が掲示されていて、いざという時に、必要とする人が使えるように、寄付金を入れる箱とテレホンカードも置いてある」 どういう人たちが何の目的で使うのかは、その文の前後からおのずと明白である場合、いちいちそれを説明するような部分は訳さなくても分かる場合は省略してかまわないと思います。文学作品ならともかく、さっと読んで情報を得る文章の場合、読みにくいと先を読んでもらえない可能性があるので、それくらいなら簡潔な日本語に書き換えた方がいい場合があります。 as well as = and くらいな感覚で読めばいいんじゃないでしょうか。

konan3939
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 以下の英文を翻訳してもらえますでしょうか?

メールの内容を翻訳機で訳してみたのですがよく意味が分からなかったので、上手に訳して下さると嬉しいです。 we dispatched all orders early this morning and we just your email now. it's not possible to get the unit back from the courier company now as it's a huge company handling millions of packets. the tracking no is 荷物の番号. the courier company will contact you with more details later during the day thanks

• 英文の翻訳をお願いしたいです。

英文の翻訳をお願いしたいです。 We have to be careful with the analogy to a stretched membrane as the tension in the latter generally increases with increased surface area, while the surface tension is independent of the area. whileの前に,がありますが、これは前文につながるのでしょうか? また、latter generally increasesというところがよくわかりません。 Furthermore, as the area of a membrane is increased, molecules are no removed from it, while molecules are removed from an interface as its area decreases. こちらも、whileの部分、また最後の area decreasesとありますが、動詞の位置がここにあるのに違和感を感じます。

• 以下の英文の翻訳をお願いします。

The term "fierce deity" (鬼神) is a term referring to several deities in the Shingon Buddhist pantheon, such as Bishamonten or the Myō-ō, who are fierce and wrathful towards the negative forces that work against humanity's enlightenment, but are benevolent and supportive to humanity. They are seen as deities that work to defeat evil, a quality Link possesses in all his appearances, and which the Fierce Deity's Mask gives Link greater ability to achieve. Kishin (or kijin, or onigami; they're all simply different readings of the 鬼神 kanji compound) doesn't actually equate the subject with oni or evil at all; it merely states that the deity is as fierce as an oni. The term does not carry any connotations of evil in the Japanese language. 「鬼神」について書かれているみたいです。どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

In 1916 the Germans completed two submarine merchant vessels, to be used as blockade runners. The aim was to use them to carry high value goods to neutral nations such as the US, which still maintained a strict neutrality, and was prepared to trade with Germany as with any other nation. The first of these vessels, Deutschland, sailed in summer 1916 and made a favorable impact on US public opinion. She made a second equally successful voyage in autumn of that year. Her sister, Bremen, was less fortunate; she disappeared on her maiden voyage, the cause of her loss unknown.

• 以下の英文を訳してほしいのですが、よろしくお願いいたします。

以下の英文を訳してほしいのですが、よろしくお願いいたします。 Dear Customer, We are in receipt of your inquiry and we thank you for contacting CCBill. Based on the information provided our records indicate you do not have an active subscription with CCBill. If you believe this to be in error, please reply to this message with additional information or contact a CCBill Consumer Support Representative at one of the telephone numbers listed below. The information we need is: - The subscription ID number - Your last name and ZIP code - Your user name for the Web site - The e-mail address you provided when the subscription began - The name of the Web site you are subscribed to Please include all (or as much) of the above information as possible when responding to this e-mail. We look forward to assisting you and welcoming you back to CCBill.com! Thank you.

• 英文(インタビュー)の訳について

映画関係者へのインタビューを扱った、シャドーイングの教材で勉強をしています。その中でどうしても旨く訳せないというか、うまく呑み込めない箇所があるので、質問させていただきます。文章の前後もあった方が良いかと思い、とりあえずセクションの英文を全て下記に記入し、記載されていた訳も書き込みました。分からない箇所はエマワトソンが最後の方で言っている「he gave us a lot of freedom with ,with um…with that as well」の「with that as well」の部分です。as wellを辞書でも調べましたが「その上」とか「同様に」とか書かれていて、文に当てはめてもしっくりきません。thatも何を指しているのか・・?自分なりに考えて、“as well”が“その上”でthatが“撮影”の事を言ってるとすると単純に「その上、撮影では」ってことかな?それとも「撮影では良かったことに… 」ってことかな?とも思いましたが、私自身英語やり直し組みで、そんなに英語のスキルは高くなく、はっきりと分かりません。教えていただければ有難いです。 Q ; Were you able to teach Alfonso anything about your character? Emma Watson : Yeah , actually one of the first…one of the first thing that he…he did when we first met him was asked us to write an essay about our character uh…not just to help us but also to help…to help him to kind of uh…,see the character through our eyes. And he,he also ,he gave us a lot of freedom with ,with um…with that as well,which was really good. 質問;自分の演じるキャラクターについてキュアロン監督に何か教える事ができましたか? エマワトソン;ええ。初めて会ったとき、監督はまず私たちに、自分の演じるキャラクターについての作文を書くようにと言ったの。私たち自身の為だけでなく、私たちの目から見たキャラクターを監督に知ってもらうのに役立つようにね。それと監督は私たちにとても自由にやらせてくれて….本当によかった。

• 翻訳をお願いいたします。

Unfortunately, we are unable to ship your order due to a problem with the credit card information you submitted with your order. Please take a moment to review the information below to verify if the billing information we have for you is correct: Paid with a Visa ending with the last four digits of 2009 that expires 11/14 We need you to call our Customer Service Department at 1-111-111-1111 as soon as possible so that we can make the corrections needed to get your order on its way! Please have a recent credit card billing statement and the telephone number on the back of the card for the Issuing Bank. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we are ready to help you as soon as you call us! Thanks! アメリカのネットショップで買い物したのですが、上のメールが送られてきました。 注文時に入力したクレジット情報に問題があるので 電話で正確な住所と引き落とし銀行の電話番号を教えてくれということでしょうか?

• 英文翻訳をお願いいたします。

The British notes taken during a meeting of the The Big Four held in Paris on March 20, 1919 and attended by Woodrow Wilson, Georges Clemenceau, Vittorio Emanuele Orlando as well as Lloyd George and Lord Balfour, and Lloyd George explained the British point of view concerning the agreement. The notes revealed that the blue area in which France was "allowed to establish such direct or indirect administration or control as they may desire and as they may think fit to arrange with the Arab State or Confederation of Arab States" did not include, according to the British, Damascus, Homs, Hama, or Aleppo. In area A (the blue area in the map) France was "prepared to recognise and uphold an independent Arab State or Confederation of Arab States'.

• 以下の英文を訳してください困ってます!!

The fact that such a cubistic analysis tended to dissolve the visual image---in such works as Picasso's Portrait of Kahnweiler or Woman with a Guitar---led Picasso to abandon the analysis at a point where the organic or vitalistic nature of the object was compromised. Though he has continued to make experiments which might be described as ‘cubistic’,Picasso has never adopted a style of pure abstraction.Nor did Juan Gris carry abstraction to its logical conclusion; though his theory of synthetic cubism in-volves abstraction as a basis for painting, but only as a basis. 翻訳サイトを使うと日本語がおかしくなってしまいます・・・。

• 英語が苦手なので、メールの英文の翻訳をお願いします

fustian?? what does that mean?? oh English, what you going to do with it? ha ha, first year all over, wow, that's got to suck. I am one and I hate it. Well good luck with that hope it turns out well for you. Information science, what exactly can you do with that? (相手) これ(上記)が以下の自分の送信メールに対する返答です。英語が得意な方、どうかこれ(上記)を翻訳してください!!                              ↑ Many thanks for the thought. Yes, a fateful encounter but a bit fustian?As expected,you had class.“ it was as boring as ever but I still managed to learn some things”,You did a good job! ha ha. right now it’s mostly general education... I see... Yes,I’m a student as well.I major in information science.But it’s super boring for me.So I’m going to enter another university and major in language(English) next time.Then I’m afraid I’ll be a first-year student again... OMG (自分)                              ↑ Well I hope you had a nice rest. three hours?! oh wow that is not a lot of sleep time. A fateful encounter hmm. Yes I had class today, it was as boring as ever but I still managed to learn some things ha ha. Truthfully I finish my first year in june so right now it's mostly just general education.. You're a student as well right? What are you studying? (相手)