The Life of a Professional Mourner: An Inside Look

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover what it's like to have a job that honestly seems too ridiculous to be true. We spoke with Owen Vaughan, a professional mourner in London, who shares his experiences playing the role of mourners at funerals and wakes.
  • Learn why families hire people like Owen Vaughan to make their deceased loved ones' funerals more meaningful and important. From low attendance concerns to wanting to create an impression, professional mourners serve a greater purpose.
  • Find out the motivation behind the decision to hire professional mourners. Owen Vaughan explains that the decision to hire them usually comes from a good place, as no one wants a funeral with no attendees.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

以下の英文についてお尋ねします2I'm paid

1We spoke with Owen Vaughan, a professional mourner in London, to find out what it's like to have a job that honestly seems too ridiculous to be true. He says... 2People like me get hired to play the part of mourners at funerals and wakes for any number of reasons. Maybe the family is worried about embarrassingly low attendance, or they want to make their deceased parent seem more important (or at least, popular). 3The only thing sadder than a funeral is a funeral that nobody shows up to, so the decision is generally coming from a good place. 4My job is to suspend the disbelief of the other people in the room. And because so many different kinds of people die (all of them, in fact), I need to take on a number of different characters. That's where it gets tricky. My background story needs to be effective and convincing, while simultaneously including valid reasons I would never have seen anybody at this funeral before. 1honestly seems ridiculous to be trueはtoo to構文が seems 後に入っているので、「正直言ってバカバカしくて本当にあるとは思えない仕事をすると言うことがどんな事なのか理解するために」との捉え方でよろしでしょうか? 2they want to make their deceased parent seem more important (or at least, popular). 部分ですが、使役用法で「彼らは自分たちの亡くなった親がより身分が高かった(あるいは少なくとも好かれていた)と思われたいと望んでいる。」と意訳したのですが、使役用法の(make +A+動詞原型=Aに~をさせる)を本文でどう捉えるべきか意訳を入れて説明をして頂ければ幸いです。 3the decision is generally coming from a good place.のcome frome a good placeはidiomだと思うのですが見当たらず、意訳を入れて説明して頂ければ幸いです。 4That's where it gets tricky. とはどういう用法で、なぜwhereになっているのでしょうか?また、while simultaneously including valid reasons I would never have seen anybody at this funeral before. の部分の構文及び意味が分かりづらいのですが、省略されている部分などがあれば書き出して説明して頂ければ幸いです。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9705/12071)
回答No.3

>大変恐縮ですが、補足させて頂きます。 >while (my background strory needs to be)simultaneously including valid reasons (that) I would never have seen anybody at this funeral before.のような書き換えになるでしょうか? ⇒はい、そう見ていました。つまり、省略されている語句を補えばこうなる、ということですね。言語表現には省略がつきものですね。むしろ、省略できなければ、冗長になってわずらわしくなります。 我々は母国語は無意識に省略したりそれを理解しますが、外国語での省略はこのように意識的に補わないと正確に理解できないことがよくありますね。

konan3939
質問者

補足

ありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

1。honestly seems ridiculous to be trueはtoo to構文が seems 後に入っているので、「正直言ってバカバカしくて本当にあるとは思えない仕事をすると言うことがどんな事なのか理解するために」との捉え方でよろしでしょうか?  はい、いいと思います。 2。they want to make their deceased parent seem more important (or at least, popular).部分ですが、使役用法で「彼らは自分たちの亡くなった親がより身分が高かった(あるいは少なくとも好かれていた)と思われたいと望んでいる。」と意訳したのですが、使役用法の(make +A+動詞原型=Aに~をさせる)を本文でどう捉えるべきか意訳を入れて説明をして頂ければ幸いです。  直訳すれば「彼らは、彼らの死んだ親が、(実際)より人に好かれていた(あるいは少なくともより人気があった)と見せたいと欲する」で、通じると思います。 3。the decision is generally coming from a good place.のcome frome a good placeはidiomだと思うのですが見当たらず、意訳を入れて説明して頂ければ幸いです。  「根拠としては別に悪くない」みたいなことです。 4。That's where it gets tricky. とはどういう用法で、なぜwhereになっているのでしょうか?  sticky は下記の形容詞の三の意味で、用法というより語意の問題です。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=sticky この辺り(=場所ですから where)から、ひっつき易くなる(>説明がややこしくなる)。 5。また、while simultaneously including valid reasons I would never have seen anybody at this funeral before. の部分の構文及び意味が分かりづらいのですが、省略されている部分などがあれば書き出して説明して頂ければ幸いです。  「以前に会った人にこの葬儀で決して会わない(=会っては困る)というまともな理由も同時に含めて」です。  以前他の葬式で会っていたら哭き男を商売にしているとバレるから、ということです。  別に省略というほどではありませんが while simultaneously including valid reasons (why) I would never have seen anybody at this funeral before と関係副詞を補うことも考えられるでしょう。

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9705/12071)
回答No.1

あ、こちらに来たんですか。では、もう1度こちらへお送りいたします。 >1. We spoke with Owen Vaughan, a professional mourner in London, to find out what it's like to have a job that honestly seems too ridiculous to be true. He says... 、 ⇒全訳:《正直、ばかばかしすぎて本当とは思えないような仕事をするというのはどんなことか知るために、我々はロンドンのプロの会葬参列者オーウェン・ヴォーンから話を聞いた。彼はこう語っている…》 >honestly seems ridiculous to be trueはtoo to構文が seems 後に入っているので、「ばかばかしすぎて本当だとは思えない仕事をする(持つ)ということはどういうものか知るために~」との捉え方でよろしでしょうか? ⇒実に、そのとおりです。「正直、ばかばかしすぎて本当とは思えないような仕事をするというのはどんなことか知るために」(上記「全訳」参照)。 >2. People like me get hired to play the part of mourners at funerals and wakes for any number of reasons. Maybe the family is worried about embarrassingly low attendance, or they want to make their deceased parent seem more important (or at least, popular). ⇒全訳:《私のような人々は、あらゆる理由で葬儀や通夜に雇われて会葬者の役を演じます。多分、ご家族は恥ずかしいほどに出席者が少ないことを心配するでしょう。あるいはまた、彼らは亡くなった自分の親がより重要な人物であった(少なくとも、人気があった)と見られるようにしたいと望んでいます。》 >they want to make their deceased parent seem more important (or at least, popular).部分ですが、使役用法で「遺族は時運たちの亡くなった親により社会的地位が高く最低でも庶民的(一般的)であるように思わせるようにさせたい」と直訳的なのですがmake +A+動詞原型=Aに~をさせるという意味ですが、本文では「遺族は自分たちの亡くなった親がより社会的地位があり、最低でも一般的であるように思われるようにしたい」とwant A to seemと書き換えても違和感がないのですが、本文の使役用法をどう捉えるべきか意訳を入れて説明をして頂ければ幸いです。 ⇒「全訳」で見られるとおり、they want to make their deceased parent seem~は、「彼らは亡くなった自分の親が~と見られるようにしたいと望んでいる」ですね。これを、they want their deceased parent to seem~とすると、「彼らは亡くなった自分の親が~と見られるよう望んでいる」となります。つまり、「(見られる)ようにしたい」の部分が使役動詞makeの担っている部分に相当します。 >3. The only thing sadder than a funeral is a funeral that nobody shows up to, so the decision is generally coming from a good place. ⇒全訳:《葬式それ自体より嘆かわしいことがあって、それは唯一、誰も現われない葬式になってしまうことですので、(斎場などの)決定通知は通常すてきな場所から来ます。》 >the decision is generally coming from a good place.のcome frome a good placeはidiomだと思うのですが見当たらず、意訳を入れて説明して頂ければ幸いです。 ⇒come from a good placeは、熟語でなく、普通に「(決定通知は)良い/素晴らしい/すてきな場所から来る」でいいと思います。貧相なところで葬式をやっても人が集まらないからですね。そのあたりも「全訳」で確認してください。 >4. My job is to suspend the disbelief of the other people in the room. And because so many different kinds of people die (all of them, in fact), I need to take on a number of different characters. That's where it gets tricky. My background story needs to be effective and convincing, while simultaneously including valid reasons I would never have seen anybody at this funeral before. ⇒全訳:《部屋にいる他の人々の疑惑を払拭するのは私の仕事です。そして、多くの異なる種類の人々が(実際は、全員が)死ぬので、それだけいろいろ異なる性格を私らは引き受ける必要があるのです。それは、この仕事でコツの要るところです。私の背景の話は効果的で説得力がなければならないし、同時に私は、この葬儀で顔を会わせた人の誰とも以前会ったことがない、ということを明確に根拠づけなければならないのです。》 >That's where it gets tricky. とはどういう用法及び意味なのでしょうか?また、while simultaneously including valid reasons I would never have seen anybody at this funeral before. の部分の構文意味が取りずらいのですが、説明頂ければ幸いです。 ⇒That's where it gets tricky.は、「それ(異なる個性/性格/特徴を引き受けること)は、この仕事でコツの要るところです」。いろんな故人がいるので、それにふさわしい「知人」を演じるための要領が必要、ということですね。while simultaneously includiがng valid reasons I would never have seen anybody at this funeral beforeは、「同時に私は、この葬儀で顔を会わせた人の誰とも以前会ったことがない、ということを(私の背景の話で)明確に根拠づけなければならない」といった感じでしょう。プロの葬儀参列者「泣き男」であることがバレると(特に、主催者にとって)まずいからですね。 (因みに、私がスペインで知り合った泣き女さんは、葬儀ごとに本当に泣くそうです。故人のことを考えると、自然に涙があふれるそうです。私が外国人だから、気を許して話してくれたのかも知れません。) ところで、以下は補足です。 前便で、「progressed trough the nightをどう捉えるか」を問われたのに返信ができないままでしたので、この場を借りて追伸いたします。 >回答ありがとうございます。 we progressed through the night. なのですが、一晩で上達したと回答いただきましたが、その後and my dad waswatching me fight the final boss.と続くのですが、的確にprogressed trough the nightをどう捉えればよいでしょうか? ⇒どんどん上達して、つまり、敵をやっつけていって、最後の、最強のbossが登場したんでしょう。my dad は、「オレもやっつけられなかったbossをどうやってやっつけるか」と、興味深々という感じでwatching していたんでしょうね。そして、内心「オレよりも上達しやがった!」などと思っているのかも知れません。

konan3939
質問者

補足

回答ありがとうございます。大変恐縮ですが、補足させて頂きます。 while (my background strory needs to be)simultaneously including valid reasons (that) I would never have seen anybody at this funeral before.のような書き換えになるでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• 以下の英文についてお尋ねします。I'm paid

1We spoke with Owen Vaughan, a professional mourner in London, to find out what it's like to have a job that honestly seems too ridiculous to be true. He says... 2People like me get hired to play the part of mourners at funerals and wakes for any number of reasons. Maybe the family is worried about embarrassingly low attendance, or they want to make their deceased parent seem more important (or at least, popular). 3The only thing sadder than a funeral is a funeral that nobody shows up to, so the decision is generally coming from a good place. 4My job is to suspend the disbelief of the other people in the room. And because so many different kinds of people die (all of them, in fact), I need to take on a number of different characters. That's where it gets tricky. My background story needs to be effective and convincing, while simultaneously including valid reasons I would never have seen anybody at this funeral before. 1honestly seems ridiculous to be trueはtoo to構文が seems 後に入っているので、「ばかばかしすぎて本当だとは思えない仕事をする(持つ)ということはどういうものか知るために~」との捉え方でよろしでしょうか? 2they want to make their deceased parent seem more important (or at least, popular). 部分ですが、使役用法で「遺族は時運たちの亡くなった親により社会的地位が高く最低でも庶民的(一般的)であるように思わせるようにさせたい」と直訳的なのですがmake +A+動詞原型=Aに~をさせるという意味ですが、本文では「遺族は自分たちの亡くなった親がより社会的地位があり、最低でも一般的であるように思われるようにしたい」とwant A to seemと書き換えても違和感がないのですが、本文の使役用法をどう捉えるべきか意訳を入れて説明をして頂ければ幸いです。 3the decision is generally coming from a good place.のcome frome a good placeはidiomだと思うのですが見当たらず、意訳を入れて説明して頂ければ幸いです。 4That's where it gets tricky. とはどういう用法及び意味なのでしょうか?また、while simultaneously including valid reasons I would never have seen anybody at this funeral before. の部分の構文意味が取りずらいのですが、説明頂ければ幸いです。 長文ですが宜しくお願いします。

• 以下の英文についてお尋ねします。。K-harts

1Now ,this song is really nostalgic forme.I remeber as a littel kids, my brother and I would play this video game and not know how to play,then as we got a littel older we progressed through the night. then as~の部分なのですが、用法として主節のolder we progressed through the night.の従属接続詞(副詞)との理解でよろしいでしょうか?また、older we progressed through the night. は要は「夜通しで進んだ(ゲームをした)」との文意でよろしいでしょうか? 2 Professional mourners -- people paid to attend funerals and pretend to be friends and family of the deceased -- are not only real, but common. People like me get hired to play the part of mourners at funerals and wakes for any number of reasons. paid to attend/ get hired to は共に副詞用法ですが、paidは「~するために払われた」との目的用法、get hired toは「~して雇われる」との文の取り方でよおいでしょうか?不定詞の副詞用法は(~するために/~して)との訳と捉えているのですが。2は意訳を入れて説明して頂ければ幸いです。

• put at

"Confidence is a tricky, tricky little thing. Feeling good about yourself is so easy to put at the will of others when it should only be up to you." ここのput at the wii of othersの意味がよくわからないので、教えてほしいです。

• この英文の意味を教えてください

この英文の意味を教えてください "Some of the reasons are simple. To show that we can watch a horror movies, that are not afraid, that we can ride this roller coaster. Which is not to say that a really good horror movie may not surprise a scream out of us at some point, the way we may scream when the roller coaster twists through a complete 360 or plows through a lake at the bottom of the drop."

• 英文和訳

前置詞の論文を読んでいて、今atに関するところです。 (19) the cafe is at the highway. (20) the cafe is on the highway. という例文があり、次から解説があります。 その解説文が上手く訳せないので誰か教えてください>< at first sight,(19) appears to constitute a counterexample to the claim that "at" involvese the constual of the two elements involved in the relationship as geometric points, since this seems incompatible with the fact that a highway is a long, straight object, more natually conceptualised as a line in geometric terms. in fact, the typical context of use for (19) is when i am moving along a path (for example, driving a car) and i say that the cafe is located at the place where my oath intersects with the highway at the same point ahead- a location that is quite naturally conceptualised as a point. Similary, there is an implicit notion of path in each of the following. お願いします><

• 以下の英文についてご教授お願いいたします 誇る

Who is the gretest person in your country(that)you boast to the world? 上記の文ではboastするのは人(場所ではないので、Anime is a culture that Japan boasts to the world.)自動詞用法としてofが必要、つまり、Who is the gretest person in your country(that)you boast of to the world?とすべきではと考えるのですがどうなのでしょうか また、不快感を与える聞き方になるのでしょうか? 宜しくお願いいたします。

• この英文を直してください!m(。≧Д≦。)m

I'm not good at expressing my opinion. I don't like being in front of people. So I'm embarrassed at expressing myself in public . In others when I was in talks of a school, ' Do you have any good ideas about that?' was heard, I'm a lack of creativity, therefore a rather new idea was not able to imagine. I think I must exercise my imagination. Other reasons For most situations, I'm surprisingly tightly have no definite. Also, I often get carried to another's opinion. I want to overcome so that I don't have trouble when I can not refrain from expressing my opinion. 文法や、文章的におかしい所を指摘し直してください(/_;)

• 以下の英文についてお尋ねします。Hachi2

1Hachikō became a national sensation. His faithfulness to his master's memory impressed the people of Japan as a spirit of family loyalty to which all should strive to achieve. Teachers and parents used Hachikō's vigil as an example for children to follow. A well-known Japanese artist rendered a sculpture of the dog, and throughout the country, a new awareness of the Akita breed grew. Eventually, Hachikō's legendary faithfulness became a national symbol of loyalty, particularly to the person and institution of Emperors 2After his death, Hachikō's remains were cremated and his ashes were buried in Aoyama Cemetery, Minato, Tokyo where they rest beside those of Hachikō's beloved master, Professor Ueno. Hachikō's fur, which was preserved after his death, was stuffed and mounted and is now on permanent display at the National Science Museum of Japan in Ueno, Tokyo. 3Each year on March 8, Hachikō's devotion is honored with a solemn ceremony of remembrance at Tokyo's Shibuya railroad station. Hundreds of dog lovers often turn out to honor his memory and loyalty. 4In 2015, the Faculty of Agriculture of the University of Tokyo constructed a bronze statue, depicting Ueno returning to meet Hachikō 5Hachi: A Dog's Tale, released in August 2009, is an American movie starring actor Richard Gere, directed by Lasse Hallström, about Hachikō and his relationship with an American professor & his family following the same basic story. 6Also based on Hachikō's story is a movie that was produced in India in its regional language, Telugu, by the name of "Tommy". 7Hachiko is among many dogs famous for their loyalty. Such stories are at least as old as the ancient Greek Homer's story of Argos. Similar to Hachiko's story is that of the Italian dog Fido, the Scottish dog Greyfriars Bobby, Shep from Fort Benton, Montana USA, Red Dog from Pilbara, Western Australia and numerous other dogs famous for remaining faithful after the death of their master. In Japan itself, it was not an unprecedented story. 1Teachers and parents used Hachikō's vigil as an example for children to follow. A well-known Japanese artist rendered a sculpture of the dog, and throughout the country, a new awareness of the Akita breed grew.の部分なのですが、文意が掴みにくいので意訳して頂ければ幸いです。そしてand throghoutのand後の前置詞throughoutは rendered a sculpture of the dog,が省略されているとの理解でよろしいでしょうか?その後の,以降は同格でしょうか? 2where they rest beside those of Hachikō's beloved master, Professor Ueno. Hachikō's fur, which was preserved after his death, の部分ですが、they rest beside those of のtheyはremainsを指していると考えるのですが、those ofの部分が文中でどのように働いているかうまく掴めないのdえすが、意訳を入れて説明して頂ければ幸いです。 3 turn out to honor his memory and loyalty.ここは単に「愛犬家たちは~(結果的に)することなる」の意味で捉えてよろしいでしょうか?only to doの用法と似ているとも考えるのですが。 解説お願いします。 4 depicting Ueno returning to meet Hachikō.の分詞構文ですが「上野氏を描写してブロンズ像を建造し、ハチ公に会いに戻した」のような意味だと考えるのですが、depicting及びreturning共に主節に掛かっている(訳的には結果のように感じますが)との理解でよろしいでしょうか? 5 following の部分ですがこれは前置詞用法での理解でよろしいでしょうか?意訳を入れて説明いただければ幸いです。 6Also~は強調構文でしょうか?若しくは主節が長くなるため前置詞based onを 先に持ってきている省略構文と捉えるべきでしょうか?平叙文ならば A movie that was produced in India in its regional language, Telugu, by the name of "Tommy". is based on~.となると考えるのですが。 7Such stories are at least as old as the ancient Greek Homer's story of Argos. Similar to Hachiko's story is that of the Italian dog Fido, the Scottish dog Greyfriars Bobby, Shep from Fort Benton, Montana USA, Red Dog from Pilbara, Western Australia and numerous other dogs famous for remaining faithful after the death of their master. In Japan itself, it was not an unprecedented story. 「ハチ公は多くのその忠誠心で有名な多くの犬たちの一匹である。」 その後のSuchから「このような逸話は少なくとも古代ギリシャのArgosと同様に古く、」との解釈なのです、後の Similar to以降の構文文意が掴みづらいのですが、Simillar toはどこにかかり、is that of ~はこの文中で使われているthatは「 the ancient Greek Homer's story of Argos」を指しているのでしょうか?意訳を入れて説明いただければ幸いです。 長文ですが宜しくお願いします。

• 以下の英文についてお尋ねします。royality

1Hachikō became a national sensation. His faithfulness to his master's memory impressed the people of Japan as a spirit of family loyalty to which all should strive to achieve. Teachers and parents used Hachikō's vigil as an example for children to follow. A well-known Japanese artist rendered a sculpture of the dog, and throughout the country, a new awareness of the Akita breed grew. Eventually, Hachikō's legendary faithfulness became a national symbol of loyalty, particularly to the person and institution of Emperors 2After his death, Hachikō's remains were cremated and his ashes were buried in Aoyama Cemetery, Minato, Tokyo where they rest beside those of Hachikō's beloved master, Professor Ueno. Hachikō's fur, which was preserved after his death, was stuffed and mounted and is now on permanent display at the National Science Museum of Japan in Ueno, Tokyo. 3Each year on March 8, Hachikō's devotion is honored with a solemn ceremony of remembrance at Tokyo's Shibuya railroad station. Hundreds of dog lovers often turn out to honor his memory and loyalty. 4In 2015, the Faculty of Agriculture of the University of Tokyo constructed a bronze statue, depicting Ueno returning to meet Hachikō 5Hachi: A Dog's Tale, released in August 2009, is an American movie starring actor Richard Gere, directed by Lasse Hallström, about Hachikō and his relationship with an American professor & his family following the same basic story. 6Also based on Hachikō's story is a movie that was produced in India in its regional language, Telugu, by the name of "Tommy". 7Hachiko is among many dogs famous for their loyalty. Such stories are at least as old as the ancient Greek Homer's story of Argos. Similar to Hachiko's story is that of the Italian dog Fido, the Scottish dog Greyfriars Bobby, Shep from Fort Benton, Montana USA, Red Dog from Pilbara, Western Australia and numerous other dogs famous for remaining faithful after the death of their master. In Japan itself, it was not an unprecedented story. 1Teachers and parents used Hachikō's vigil as an example for children to follow. A well-known Japanese artist rendered a sculpture of the dog, and throughout the country, a new awareness of the Akita breed grew.の部分なのですが、文意が掴みにくいので意訳して頂ければ幸いです。そしてand throghoutのand後の前置詞throughoutは rendered a sculpture of the dog,が省略されているとの理解でよろしいでしょうか?その後の,以降は同格でしょうか? 2where they rest beside those of Hachikō's beloved master, Professor Ueno. Hachikō's fur, which was preserved after his death, の部分ですが、they rest beside those of のtheyはremainsを指していると考えるのですが、those ofの部分が文中でどのように働いているかうまく掴めないのdえすが、意訳を入れて説明して頂ければ幸いです。 3 turn out to honor his memory and loyalty.ここは単に「愛犬家たちは~(結果的に)することなる」の意味で捉えてよろしいでしょうか?only to doの用法と似ているとも考えるのですが。 解説お願いします。 4 depicting Ueno returning to meet Hachikō.の分詞構文ですが「上野氏を描写してブロンズ像を建造し、ハチ公に会いに戻した」のような意味だと考えるのですが、depicting及びreturning共に主節に掛かっている(訳的には結果のように感じますが)との理解でよろしいでしょうか? 5 following の部分ですがこれは前置詞用法での理解でよろしいでしょうか?意訳を入れて説明いただければ幸いです。 6Also~は強調構文でしょうか?若しくは主節が長くなるため前置詞based onを 先に持ってきている省略構文と捉えるべきでしょうか?平叙文ならば A movie that was produced in India in its regional language, Telugu, by the name of "Tommy". is based on~.となると考えるのですが。 7Such stories are at least as old as the ancient Greek Homer's story of Argos. Similar to Hachiko's story is that of the Italian dog Fido, the Scottish dog Greyfriars Bobby, Shep from Fort Benton, Montana USA, Red Dog from Pilbara, Western Australia and numerous other dogs famous for remaining faithful after the death of their master. In Japan itself, it was not an unprecedented story. 「ハチ公は多くのその忠誠心で有名な多くの犬たちの一匹である。」 その後のSuchから「このような逸話は少なくとも古代ギリシャのArgosと同様に古く、」との解釈なのです、後の Similar to以降の構文文意が掴みづらいのですが、Simillar toはどこにかかり、is that of ~はこの文中で使われているthatは「 the ancient Greek Homer's story of Argos」を指しているのでしょうか?意訳を入れて説明いただければ幸いです。 長文ですが宜しくお願いします。

• 英文解釈について

(1)If you are sent abroad at an early age ,you will, by coming into contact with foreign peoples and their customs and manners ,obtain a broader view of life which will ... という英文で 挿入,you will,はどのように解釈すれば良いでしょうか? (2)It gives you the sense of solitude in the midst of a crowd ,which is one of the ... 非制限用法らしいwhichの先行詞はthe sense以下で正しいでしょうか? また (3)... a succession of small events , each of which ... ではeach of whichが非制限用法になりえるでしょうか? (4)The school is a wonderful place in which to receive training in citizenship. という英文では in which が関係詞だと思ったのですが、to receive training ... では主語述語関係が分からなくin which to らへんの解釈がわかりません。 以上の四つの英文が分かりません。 非常に長くなってしまいましたのでひとつづつでも良いので回答をお願いします。