• 締切済み

英文について

Look for inconsistencies between what you're seeing and what you're hearing. という文なんですが、その中でも what you're seeing and what you're hearing というところが訳せません。what.....and what...... はどんな構文で、どのように訳すのか教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9727/12099)
回答No.2

>Look for inconsistencies between what you're seeing and what you're hearing. ⇒あなたが見ているものと聞いているものとの間の矛盾を探しなさい。 ということで、 what you're seeing and what you're hearing「あなたが見ているものと聞いているもの」のwhatは、どちらも独立用法の関係代名詞(先行詞を含む用法)です。直訳すれば「~ところのもの・こと」というような訳になります。 

• trytobe
  • ベストアンサー率36% (3457/9591)
回答No.1

inconsistencies between 「what you're seeing」 and 「what you're hearing」 「あなたが見ているもの」と「あなたが聞いているもの」との間の不一致点(矛盾点)

関連するQ&A

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

I wake up and I'm sober don't even know you anymore Punch drunk on a feeling, lost in believing I was sure I don't care what you have to say, damn words get in the way I don't wanna know I know there'll come a time when I look you in the eyes and say: "I told you so" And I promise you this, you're gonna miss me, miss me As long as you live you're gonna miss me, miss me Oh Set me up for the falling, gave me no warning you were gone Let me down I was reeling, I can't believe what you have done Go do what you've gotta do, damn words will follow you Everywhere you go And I know there'll come a time when I'll look you in the eyes and say: "I told you so" And I promise you this, you're gonna miss me, miss me As long as you live you're gonna miss me, miss me Oh

• you're your 

Love them Thats what you're heart is forという文があるのですが 意味はわかるのですが、you'reではなくyourのはずなのにyou'reになっているのはどうしてですか?前にも、こんなかんじのyou'reの使われ方をしている文をみたことがあるんです。だれか教えてください!!

• 構文解釈をお願いします。

構文解釈をお願いします。 Look, I think I know what it is that's bothering you. 人気海外ドラマの一文です。 このthat'sは何でしょうか? 強調構文のthatでしょうか? しかし、that'sのような形は見たことがないです。 それとも、thatはwhat it isを指しているのでしょうか? そうすると、Look, I think what it is. That's bothering you.の様に二文に分けるか、等位接続詞を使う必要があると思います。

• 進行形にすべきでしょうか。

進行形にすべきでしょうか。 「来週、お会いできるのを楽しみにしております。」 ですが、 I look forward to seeing you next week. か I am looking forward to seeing you next week. のどちらがよいでしょうか。 私が覚えていた例文は、 I am looking forward to hearing from you. なので、進行形にすべきなのかと思いましたが、 他にも調べた結果、 「話の続きはまた後で。」 I look forward to resuming our conversation. という文もあったので、どちらにすべきなのか分かりません。

• 「見たり聞いたり」の英訳

(1)see and hear , seeing and hearing (2)see or hear , seeing or hearing (1)(2)とも使う際 どう使い方を違えばいいでしょうか?  訳は 日本語表記ではちがいがないように見えます。 肯定文なら(1)?   否定文なら(2)? ???? 教えてください。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 他動詞のlookとlook at

次の文を見て質問します。 Look what we're paying for food. このようにlookが他動詞として使われている文をたまに見掛けますが、 look at と他動詞 lookにはニュアンスの違いがあるのでしょうか? その他、他動詞 look について教えて頂けることがあれば 加えてご回答ください。

• わからない英文があります

わからない英文があります 全文(倒産したJが弁護士(友人)のSと相談している場面): J: Won't these costs be covered by chapter eleven? S: Well, filing for bankruptcy isn't going to make this thing go away. The U.S. Attorney's office is involved in this now. They'll push for fraud and unauthorized transactions. J: Yeah, so, they find me. And I go back to work. And I make it all back. S: Four million dollars? Unless you plan on going to the track and getting *really* lucky... J: Look. If you don't want to do this - S: You're going to lose your series seven license.It's really important that you understand the predicament you're in. J: Look. I get it from my wife every day. My daughters won't talk to me. I got my ass kicked in front of everyone at the most elegant event of the year. I get it. Okay, man. I, I, I definitely understand. ↓の文の意味を教えてください! *They'll push for fraud and unauhthorized transactions. *And I make it all back *Unless you plan on going to the track *You're going to lose your series seven license *I got my ass kicked

• 訳お願いします。

I was seeing you're doing requests and I was wondering if you had time for another? 海外の方からメールが来ました。 これはなんて言っているのでしょうか? よくわかりません…。

• 英文作成したいのですが、助けて頂けませんか。

こんにちわ、宜しくお願い致します。 先日、国内では中々購入できない商品が海外のお店「香港」で売っていたので注文してみたのですが 送り先を間違えがえられてしまったらしく、商品は今現在アメリカの税関で保留になったままになっています。「購入時に送り先を間違えて入力したのかと思い確認しましたが送り先住所は間違っていませんでした」 それで、お店にメールをだして聞いてみようと思うのですが英語が苦手なので英文作成を助けて下さい。 一応、デタラメな文かもしれませんが努力はしてみましたので考えた文も書いておきますので助けてください。 以下、作成したい文です。 質問があります。 何故、私の注文品はアメリカに有るのですか? 注文品は私の家に届くのでしょうか? 追跡番号○○○○○○を確認して、それがどうなっているのか私に教えて頂けませんか? 返事をお待ちしてます。 Dear Sirs/Madams I have question to you. Why my ordered items are in U.S.? What items arrive to my house? Could you please confirm tracking number ○○○○ and tell me what is going on about it? I look forward to hearing from you . Thank you for your time. Sincerely yours, snoopy21

• 英文を訳して下さい。

かなり長いですが、訳して下さい。Twelve Angry Menからの抜粋です。 Now let me lay this out for you ignorant—bastards. You at the window, you’re so god-damned smart. We’re facing a danger here. Don’t you know it? These people are multiplying. That kid on trial, his type, they’re multiplying five times as fast as we are. That’s the statistic. Five times. And they are – wild animals. They’re against us, they hate us, and they want to destroy us. That’s right. Don’t look at me like that! There’s a danger. For God’s sake we’re living in a dangerous time, and if we don’t watch it, if we don’t smack them down whenever we can, then they are gonna own us. They’re gonna breed us out of existence.”