• ベストアンサー

Usually an old woman

下記の直訳を文を区切って教えていただけますか? Usually, an old woman who sold flowers or fruit on the street left the basket beside the door of the person receiving it.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

つまり、文の構造が分からない、ということですね。 Usually, [an old woman who sold flowers or fruit on the street] left [the basket] beside the door of the person receiving it. an old woman who sold flowers or fruit on the street が主語で、動詞は left で、left の目的語は the basket です。 文型としては S + V + O です。 やさしい文なので訳は不要かもしれませんが ・・・ 「路上で花や果物を売っていた老女は、それを買ってくれた人の家のドアの前にそれを置くのを常とした」 みたいな文です。

関連するQ&A

• 『The Lovebirds』1

Eleanor Farjeonの『The Lovebirds』という短編からの質問です。 At the end of the street stood the School. On the right-hand street corner sat Old Dinah the gypsy, who kept a pair of lovebirds in a cage. And on the left-hand street corner sat Susan Brown, who sold bootlaces. Susan thought she was about nine years old, but she never quite knew. As for Old Dinah's age, it was too great to be remembered, and she had forgotten it long ago. Susan thought she was about nine years old, but she never quite knew.について スーザンは自分が大体9歳ぐらいだろうと思っていました、しかし彼女は決してはっきりとはわかりませんでした? quiteの訳し方は合っているでしょうか? 教えていただけると助かります。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語の堪能な方に質問です。

英語を勉強し始めた初心者です。 If you had to pick a famous woman over 25 years old who was considerate, polite, friendly, and charming, who would you pick? この直後に、「私はそんな人(a famous woman over 25 years old who was considerate, polite, friendly, and charming)のような話し方がしたい」と言いたいのですが、どう書けばよいかがわかりません。 要するに、英会話を学ぶ上で、好感度の高い女性有名人の話し方を真似したいなぁと言いたいのですが。 ちなみに、私はこう言ってみましたが、正しく伝わっていないようでした・・・orz I want to speak just like such a nice person in English conversation! きっと基本的なことなんだろうなぁとお恥ずかしいのですが、どなたか教えていただけませんでしょうか? 宜しくお願い致します。

• When you are having an argument wit

When you are having an argument with someone, you are usually not trying to understand what the other person is saying, or what in their experience leads them to say it. Instead, you are thinking abou t your response:listening for weakness in logic to leap on, points you can twist to make the other person look bad and yourself look good. の中で 『points you can twist to make the other person look bad and yourself look good.』 の和訳問題があったのですが 答えが『相手の立場を悪く見せ、あなたの立場を良く見せることのできる点』と書いてあったのですが、 points you can twistの直訳『あなたがねじまげることができる点』の訳文は何故いらないのですか? 教えてくださいm(_ _)m

• many a person

Formerly most people used to die of old age in my town, but lately reckless driving has brought many a person to an early grave. (昔は、私の町ではたいていの人が老年のために死んだものだった。しかし最近は、無謀運転のために若死する人が多くなった。) この“many a person”の直訳が、(非常にたくさんの人)となるそうなんですけど、どうしてそういう訳になるんですか? それと、なんで“many” と “a”が一緒にあるんですか? 辞書引いてみたんですけど、それでもわかりません。 おしえてくさい。

• up to his old ways

Two years ago, I caught my husband having an emotional affair with a friend of ours. Even though we went through counseling and he told me he was no longer in contact with her, he lied. He continued to lie for almost a year, even during our counseling sessions. In one session, he tried to blame me for his actions, and after six months, he still refused to take any responsibility for the affair. This whole thing has made me not trust him. I recently saw an email to an ex-girlfriend from high school. He said he wished he had been a better person, and that he would be looking for a woman like her. He says they were just reminiscing about the past. I believe he is up to his old ways. up to his old waysとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳

Ichiro's season-long quest for the record ended in the Mariners' 160th game, an 8-3 victory. Sisler's 81-year-old daughter, Frances Sisler Drochelman, who was on hand, said Ichiro is the right person at the right time. 末尾の Ichiro is the right person at the right time. はどう訳すのでしょうか?

• 訳があっているか教えてください。

英語を勉強しているものですが、次のように何とか訳したのですが、ちょっと納得のいかない箇所もあるので、詳しい方できれば教えてください。問題の文は [1]In the woods Jim met Ben Gun an old man the pirates had left on the island years ago. 木々の中で、ジムは昔島に置き去りになった、年老いた海賊のベンガンに出合った。 [2]Ben glad to have someone to talk to. ベンは話相手がもててうれしかった。 [3]He told Jim all about his row boat his cave and the food he ate to survive. かれはにほら穴や漕ぎ舟など全てを教えた。そして 生きるための方法も。 と言う訳になったのですがあっているでしょうか。ちょっと疑問に思ったのは [1]の文なのですが、先ずBen Gun an old man the prratesを先行詞にして関係代名詞にしたほうがいいのではないでしょうか?つまり「Jim met Ben Gun an old man the pirates who had left on the island yars ago?」とする方がいいと思います。それともこの場合関係代名詞「who」は省略できるのでしょうか?教えてください。 [2]の文は直訳すると「talk to(話しかける)」と「have someone(誰かをもつ)」だったので二つをあわせて「話相手」と訳してみたのですが変でしょうか。 [3]の文では「the food he ate to survive」の訳がどうしても上手く出来ませんでした。直訳すると「食べ物は彼は生きるために食べた。」としか訳せず推測して「生きるための方法」と訳してしまったのですが変でしょうか。この文法に詳しい方おしえていただければ幸いです。 以上なのですが、時間に余裕のある方で教えてくださる方がいればうれしいです。お願いします。

• 英語のクイズ?

友人から聞いたものなのですが。。。 それぞれの英文の説明に合う単語を 当てはめるそうです・・・ 答えはなんでしょうか?? (1)a person who sees an accident and  who can tell other people what happened (2)a single event which is usually not very important (3)to stop for a moment before doing or saying something (4)a feeling of great sadness (5)to have something returned that was taken from you

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

Loss of a spouse through death is relatively uncommon before middle age, but becomes increasingly more common after old age begins. An old person without a mate is much more likely to be a woman than to be a man. This fact has several important implications for old people, but before commenting on these implications, we might mention some of the causes of the sex difference. お願いします。

• 同じ意味になるようにお願いします。和訳もお願いしま

He bought a car, bus sold it after a month. He sold the car which he <><> a month <>. It is ten years since we moved to this town. <><><><> since we moved to this town. Mother began to look for her purse an hour ago and she is still looking for it. Mother <><><> for her purse <> an hour. I said to myself, "Who left the window open?" I wondered <><><> the window open.