• ベストアンサー

come の次は?

Many thousands of people came to this small town to celebrate . This giant's plays have been loved for hundreds of years, and they will be loved for many years to come. この英文の最後のto comeは、何ですか? came to this small town to celebrate を略してるのですか? 教えて下さい。

noname#213339
noname#213339
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#204809
noname#204809
回答No.1

今後何年も。。。という意味です。これからやってくる年といえば直接的すぎますが

noname#213339
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.2

for many years to come 今後何十年にもわたって 不定詞の形容詞的用法と言って、 many things to do a place to go a lot to give nothing to take のように一塊りとして覚えるのがコツです。 試験でも頻繁に登場する、極めて英語らしい表現です。 http://kabuse.y7.net/eigo/otona-064.htm

noname#213339
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 次の英文を訳してもらえませんか

the damage our seas are on course to sustain could take thousands, even millions, of years to correct.

• 数の複数形

hundredやthousand、million等の数にかかわる複数形に疑問を持っています。なぜ、two hundreds, two thousands…と表現できないのでしょうか。しかし、hundreds of people、thousands of peopleのような表現はあったりします。どのような規則があるのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします

She was given many honors by the Peruvian government before she died, including Honorary Citizen of Peru and the title of Great Lady of Nazca. Everyone in the town of Nazca had grown to love and respect this woman who had come from far away to reveal to them the secrets of their ancestors, secrets that had been hidden out in plain sight for two thousand years. honorary;名誉の

• 次の英文の訳をお願いします

Isabella Rodriguez will soon be promoted to the position of senior vice president for Research and Development. She has been a dedicated member of this company for thirteen years, and I am confident that she will continue to help make Smithsonian Pharmaceutical the number one brand in child medicine. Ms.Rom has worked for the past five years as scince team manager. She has increased the efficiency of that department by 35% ,enabling us to produce a steady flow of innovative medicines. As the head of R&D ,she plans to perform a thorough analysis of all the departments operations and make chenges to insure that no resources are wasted. Please join me and the rest of the administrative staff at 2:00 today in the cafeteria to celebrate the promotion of Ms,Rom.

• come outとcome

英語やり直し組です It really is important for me to come out here and first hand see the situation and there is no question a lot of people are suffering and there is no question there has been terrible losses. (1)come out hereが使われていますがcome hereでは駄目なのでしょうか? 調べた所come out hereで「ここに来る」という意味らしいのですがこういう場面でのcome out hereとcome hereは同じ意味なのでしょうか? President Bush has toured fire-ravaged parts of California, where he met with firefighters and families that have lost their homes to wildfires. (2)to wildfiresと書かれていますがtoでもいいのでしょうか? 前日にも同じような質問をしましたが、今回はtoだとおかしいように思えます。原因ならforやwithなどではないのでしょうか? お願いします。

• 英文の間違いを教えてください

間違っている文やアドバイスなどあれば教えてください。 Second I am going to talk about dreams. Many people have a lot of dreams. And many people want to dream come true. For example, I want to be a singer and I want to learn it . (たとえば、もし私が歌手になりたくてそれについて学びたいとする) I think that a big city have many school than a small town. (わたしは小さい町よりも大きい街のほうがたくさん学校があると思う。) I live in a big city in a big town for dream come true. And we can know new information there.(それに、新しい情報を手に入れやすい) Therefore, I want to live in a big town. よろしくお願いします。

• 「久しぶりに来て思ったんだけど・・」を英語では?

みなさんこんにちは。 「久しぶりに来て思ったんだけど・・」って英語でどう言えばいいですか? I used to come to this page often for about 2 years ago. For a time I didn't come but recently I've started coming here again. 久しぶりに来て思ったんだけど、many things have changed だね。 (ほんとは、このページの事を知ったのは2週間位前ですが・・) このように言いたいのですが、、、 よろしくお願いします。

• 分詞構文について質問があります

分詞構文について質問があります In Europe the hard base for thousands of miles of good highways had been laid by the Romans hundreds of years before ;it was there,ready to be later built up into fine smooth surfaces by engineers 質問:ready to be~は、分詞構文なのですが、何故beingは省略できるのですか? 受け身の分詞構文だからですか?

• 和訳お願いします。

For planets to grow in size from their humble beginnings ,they must be continually bombarded by smaller bodies for tens to hundreds of millions of years. すみません、お願いします。

• 次の英文が読み取れません

次の英文が読み取れません Today we take rapid change for granted, yet for thousands of years change was slow, sometimes not perceptible; wind and water and the exertions of animals or men were the only sources of power; the horse was the fastest means of travelling or sending a message and fire the only source of heat and light. 自分なりには下記までしか分かりません。 Today we take rapid change for granted, 今日、我々は速い変化を当然のことと思っている、 yet for thousands of years change was slow, sometimes not perceptible; (yetとforの品詞が分かりません、またthousands of yearsとchangeの関係が分かりません)変化はゆっくりであった、また時には知覚出来なかった。 wind and water and the exertions of animals or men were the only sources of power; (andとor、接続しているものが分かりません) 風と水と動物か人間の努力が唯一の力の源であった。 the horse was the fastest means of travelling or sending a message and fire the only source of heat and light. 馬は旅行やメッセージを送る最も早い方法であり、( fire の後の was が省略されている?)火は熱と光の唯一の源であった。