Da Vinci Predicted World Would End in 4006, Says Vatican Researcher

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A Vatican researcher claims that Leonardo da Vinci predicted the end of the world in 4006 based on clues found in his Last Supper mural.
  • The central half-moon window in the mural contains a mathematical and astrological puzzle that has been deciphered by the researcher.
  • Da Vinci believed that a universal flood would occur on March 21, 4006 and mark a new start for humanity.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳してください

Da Vinci ‘predicted world would end in 4006’ says Vatican researcher Richard Owen ("The Times," March 15, 2010) Rome, Italy - A date for your diary: Leonardo da Vinci predicted that the world would end on November 1, 4006, according to a Vatican researcher. Sabrina Sforza Galitzia said the clues were to be found in da Vinci’s Last Supper mural. The central half-moon window, or lunette, above his painting of Christ with his disciples before the Crucifixion contains a “mathematical and astrological” puzzle which she has deciphered, she said. She claimed to have worked out that da Vinci foresaw the end of the world in a “universal flood” which would begin on March 21, 4006 and end on November 1 the same year. Documents showed that he believed that this would mark “a new start for humanity”, Ms Sforza Galitzia said. “There is a da Vinci code — it is just not the one made popular by Dan Brown,” she said. Ms Sforza Galitzia, who formerly studied da Vinci manuscripts as a researcher at the University of California in Los Angeles, now works in the Vatican archives. Last year, the Vatican published her study The Last Supper of Leonardo in the Vatican, in which she examined a tapestry of the Last Supper made for King Louis XIII of France, based on da Vinci’s design for his famous mural in Milan. She said she was working on a sequel which would explain da Vinci’s hidden “code”, involving signs of the zodiac and his use of the 24 letters of the Latin alphabet to represent the 24 hours of the day. Da Vinci had seen the story of humanity as leading to “the sum of all things, the final reckoning” described in the Book of Revelations but also by ancient writers such as Plato and Aristotle, she told La Repubblica, an Italian newspaper. He had been a scientist and man of faith who had lived in “difficult times” and had hidden his messages “so as not to be attacked,” she said. The Last Supper, which measures 460cm by 880cm (15ft by 29ft), covers an entire wall at the Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan. Da Vinci began working on it in 1495, and finished it in 1498. It was restored between 1978 and 1999 after it had badly deteriorated. In his 2003 novel The Da Vinci Code, filmed in 2006 and starring Tom Hanks as a Harvard “symbologist” called Robert Langdon, Dan Brown suggests that the figure at the right hand of Jesus in The Last Supper is not the Apostle John but Mary Magdalene, and that she was pregnant with Jesus’ child when he was crucified, and thus carried his bloodline. The novel and film were both attacked by the Church as historically inaccurate as well as blasphemous. Related Sections | Catholic | Mass Media Disclaimer: WWRN does not endorse or adhere to views or opinions expressed in the articles posted. This is purely an information site, to inform interested parties of religious trends.

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9717/12085)
回答No.3

面白そうなテーマなのでWordにコピーをとって楽しませてもらいました。まだ質問が締め切られていないようなので、その際の訳を添付します。(原文付で送信しようとしたら、字数制限に引っかかりましたので、訳文のみにして再送信します。) ダ・ヴィンチは「世界が4006年に終わるだろうと予言した」とバチカンの研究者リチャード・オーエンは語る。(「タイムズ紙」、2010年3月15日) イタリア、ローマ発 ― あなたの日記に記すべき1つの日付です。すなわち、バチカンの研究者によれば、レオナルド・ダ・ヴィンチは、世界が4006年11月1日に終了するだろうと予言しました。 サブリナ・スフォルツァ・ガリツィアは、その手がかりがダ・ヴィンチの壁画「最後の晩餐」で見つかるはずだと語りました。磔刑前の弟子とキリストを描いた彼の絵画の上にある中央半月窓すなわちリュネットは、「数学的・占星術的な」謎を含んでいて、それを判読したのです、と彼女は語りました。 彼女は、4006年3月21日に始まって同年11月1日に終了する「世界的な洪水」によって、ダ・ヴィンチが世界の終わりを予知したことに気づいたのだと主張しました。諸文献の示すところでは、これが「人類にとっての新しいスタート」になるだろうと彼は信じていた、そうスフォルツァ・ガリツィアさんは語りました。 「ダ・ヴィンチ・コードというものですが ― それはダン・ブラウンによって人気の出たものではありません」と彼女は語りました。 スフォルツァ・ガリツィアさんは、以前はロサンゼルス・カリフォルニア大学の研究者としてダ・ヴィンチの文献を研究していましたが、今はバチカンの公文書館で働いています。 昨年、バチカンが彼女の研究、バチカンにおけるレオナルドの「最後の晩餐」を公表しましたが、それは、ミラノにあるダヴィンチの有名な壁画のデザインに基づいて、フランス王ルイ13世に捧げられた「最後の晩餐」の壁画を調べたものでした。 彼女は、1日24時間を表わすための黄道12宮と彼が使用した24個のラテン文字を含め、ダ・ヴィンチの隠された「コード」について説明できるような帰着点(の解明)に取り組んでいる旨を語りました。 人類の歴史は黙示録の書とか、さらにはプラトンやアリストテレスのような古代著者の述べている「万事万物の総集計、最終的な決算」に向かって進むものだ、とダ・ヴィンチは見ていた、と彼女はイタリアの新聞「ラ・レプブリカ紙」に語りました。 彼は「困難な時代」に生きる科学者であり敬虔な人物であったので、「攻撃されることのないように」彼のメッセージを隠したのです、と彼女は語りました。 「最後の晩餐」は、大きさ460cm×880cm(15フィート×29フィート)で、ミラノの「サンタ・マリア・デレ・グラツィエ(慈悲の聖母)修道院」の全壁を覆っています。ダ・ヴィンチは1495年にその制作作業を始め、1498年に完了しました。それはひどく劣化したので、1978年と1999年の間に修復されました。 ダン・ブラウンの小説『ダ・ビンチ・コード』(2003年)が、ロバート•ランドンと呼ばれるハーバード大学の「象徴主義学者」をトム・ハンクスが演じて、2006年に映画化されました。その小説で彼ダン・ブラウンは、次のことを示唆しています。すなわち、『ダ•ヴィンチ•コード』では、「最後の晩餐」の中でイエスの右手にいる人物は使徒ヨハネではなくマリア•マグダレーネであり、彼イエスが磔刑に処せられた時彼女はイエスの子を身ごもっていたので、彼イエスの血筋は続いているのです、と。 その小説および映画は両方とも不敬であり、かつ歴史上不正確であるとして教会側から攻撃されました。 関連する部門 | カトリック(旧教) | マスメディア(報道機関) 否認(宣言):WWRN(World Wide Religious News「世界宗教ニュース」)は、公表された記事に表明された観点や意見について是認も信奉もしません。当方は単に宗教的な現状に関心をもつ当事者に情報を提供する場であります。

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

(後半)     星座と一日の24時間を表すラテン文字の24文字を使った、ダヴィンチの隠された「符号」の解明に(わたしは今)取りかかっている、と彼女(=スフォルザ•ガリツイア)は言った。     ダヴィンチは、人類の歴史は、ヨハネの黙示録だけでなく、プラトンやアリストテレスのような古い著作にある「万事の総決算、最後の審判」に向かうものと見た、と彼女はイタリア紙 『ラ•レプブリカ (La Repubblica)』に語った。     彼(=ダヴィンチ)は「難しい時代」に生きた科学者でもあり信仰の人でもあったため、「攻撃されないよう」自分のメッセージを隠したのだ、と彼女は言う。     縦460cm、横880cm(縦15フィート、横29フィート)の最後の晩餐は、ミラノにある Santa Maria delle Grazie 僧院の壁全体を覆う。1495年に、ダヴィンチはこの制作に取りかかり、1948に仕上げた。極度の劣化から1978年から1999年までかけて復元された。     ロバート•ラングドンと言う名のハーバードの「象徴学者」をトム・ハンクスが演じる2006年に映画化された、ダン•ブラウンの2003年の小説『ダ•ヴィンチ•コード』では、最後の晩餐のキリストの右手の人物は使徒ヨハネではなく、マリア•マグダレネであり、キリスト処刑の時、彼女は(キリストの子を)身ごもっていたので(キリストの)血統は続いている、となっている。     この小説も映画も、歴史的に不正確で神を冒涜する物として教会(=法王庁)の攻撃を受けた。 注意:WWRNは、当記事に述べられた観点や意見を、支持もしないし保持もしない。ここは宗教の現況に興味のある人々に、単に情報を提供する場である。     

回答No.1

バチカンの研究者によるとダビンチは世界は4006年11月1日に終わると予言した。S・ガリチアはか手がかりは最後の晩餐の壁画にあるという。処刑の前のキリストと弟子たちの絵の上の中央の半月形の窓、リュネット、には数学、天文学の謎があ、彼女はそれを解読したという。ダビンチは4006年3月21日に始まり11月1日に終わる世界規模の洪水での世界の終わりを予見したことが分かったと主張した。記録によれば彼はこれが新人類の始まりになると信じていたことを示すものだと彼女は言う。「それがダビンチ・コードで、D・ブラウンによって有名になったものとは違う」と彼女は言う。以前UCLAで研究者として、ダビンチの原稿を研究したS・ガリチアは今バチカン図書館で働いている。去年バチカンは彼女の研究、 バチカンに於けるレオナルドの最後の晩餐、を出版したが、そこで彼女はフランス王ルイ13世のために作られた最後の晩餐の壁掛けを調べたが、それはダビンチの 有名なミラノの壁画のデザインに基づいていた。

関連するQ&A

• 英文翻訳お願いします。

A lonely, old fisherman sets out daily in his small boat to fish in the Gulf Stream off Cuba. He has gone 84 days without catching anything. Around noon, his fishing line is tugged in his hand. The weight of the fish is incredible. The huge fish dives deep, and pulls the boat further and further from land. The old fisherman begins to talk to the fish he cannot see. " I really like you. I respect you. " The fish keeps swimming deep in the water. On the second day since hooking the fish, the old fisherman eats his fill of raw tuna. Suddenly, in front of the boat, the fish surfaces. It has a long, pointed upper jaw...it's a gigantic marlin. " This fish is my friend. But I must kill it. " The old man's happiness is to kill the fish that has become as close as a brother to him. On the third day, the sun rises. The old man is practically dizzy with exhaustion. With his remaining strength, he harpoons the fish, which seems to weigh more than 1500 pounds. He ropes the dead fish to the side of his small boat, and begins his trip home. Sharks attack his fish all along the route home. At last, he manages to get back to port that night. Nothing remains of the gigantic marlin but the skeleton and tail. So runs the story of Ernest Hemingway's (1899-1961) classic tale, The Old Man and The Sea.

• 翻訳教えて下さい。

Waiting The first and most important point in infant observation is the non-interference of the parent, usually the mother. She must refrain from initiating play or selecting which toys the child will play with. At the same time she is told to remain connected to the child and to immerse herself in his activity. As the parent empties herself of expectations, knowledge and desires in order to participate in an empathic way with her child's play, she starts feeling what he feels and merges with his emotional field. Watching In the presence of an observer, the parent watches her infant play and connects with him. When a mother speaks, what is important is not so much the content of what she says, but the subtle musical attunement to the moods and moves of the baby. The infant communicates his experience through his body, his face, his gestures, his screamings. The slightest moves on the baby's face are meaningful. The presence of the observer may allow the parent to develop awareness of her own simultaneous emotional reactions to the child's expressions and to understand her baby not through analysis, but through presence and awareness of what he does communicate of who he is and what he wants.

• 翻訳お願いします

Her eyes were wild and her clothes torn when she rushed into the station. “That girl is out of her mind!”someone said. “The express!”shouted Kate. “Stop the express!” The stationmaster wasn't sure what she was talking about, but he didn't stop to find out. Already, he could hear the express approaching. He picked up a red light and ran outside. He heard the engine whistle. It was close. In seconds the express would roll through the town. He stepped out on the track, seeing the train's headlight above him. Just in time the engineer saw his light and brought the train screeching to a stop. “What is this?" said the engineer to the stationmaster, as he stepped down from the stopped train. “What do you mean by stopping the express in this little town?" Passengers, too, climbed out of the train, wondering what had happened. The engineer, the stationmaster, and the other people all looked at Kate. Only she had the story. So she told it. When she had finished, some people threw their arms around her in gratitude. Others cried with relief. All knew that Kate had saved as a heroine.their lives. She was acclaimed as a heroine. But she did not forget the two men in Honey Creek. In a few minutes, the train whistled sharply three times. This was a signal to the people in the town that there was trouble. Men came running, lengths of rope in their hands , and climbed on the engine. Kate went with them across the trestle, which fortunately still held, and down to Honey Creek Bridge.

• 翻訳をお願いします。

以下の文章の訳をお願いしたいです。 宜しくお願いしますo(_ _*)o John Murphy's Patient Story: Up and Running Again (1)At the age of 45, John Murphy, an active runner and successful marketing executive, had a stroke. In 2005, on the night of the Chicago Marathon, while celebrating with family members at a local bowling alley, his hamstring severely cramped up. While on the ground stretching, John experienced numbness in one of his arms and was unable to get up. (2)A bystander noticed this irregularity and called 911. "I could'nt get up and couldn't move anything on the left side of my body," said John, "I remember doctors poking a pin into my foot to see if I could feel anything, but I couldn't. It was shocking." (3)Returning to the Prime of His Life:After four days in the ICU, John was admitted to the RIC (Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago) Prime of Life Stroke Rehabilitation Program, which is designed for people with stroke whose active lives demand more aggressive intervention. The program focuses on not only rehabilitating people with stroke whose active lives demand more aggressive intervention. The program focuses on not only rehabilitating people after a stroke, but also educating them about preventing complications and subsequent strokes. (4)I encountered RIC at a critical point in my recovery," said John, "I felt I really got the level of attention and motivation I needed to make good progress." As part of the Prime of Life program, John worked with physical therapists to regain strength and coordination on his affected left side. Specific exercises prescribed by the therapists helped John regain his balance end, eventually, the ability to walk again. (5)The Best Care:"Having been a runner all these years, I have nursed two broken ankles and plenty of sprains and strains through physical therapy, so I thought I knew what rehabilitation was going to be like. But the therapists and doctor at RIC were constantly educating me on how and why they had me do what I was doing," said John, "I have never encountered that level of interaction in rehabilitation before and I think it made all the difference in emprowering me to work harder." (6)Today:Today John has returned to work in Austin, Texas as a markeing executive with a software provider. He is running again, traveling, and playing golf. In late spring, less than a year after his stroke, he returned to RIC to visit his therapists and others from the stroke program."John and I joke around about runnning the 2007 Chicago Marathon because we were both in the marathon on that October morning in 2005," said Lori. "When he left RIC as an inpatient, the last thing he said to me was, 'See you at the finishline!' I have no doubt that I will see him there next October."

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, featuring Chester Bennington, will release an EP this fall, in conjunction with a North American tour that kicks off on September 4 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and winds down on September 27 in Las Vegas. Weiland told The Pulse Of Radio that he and Bennington were good friends before this, but he doesn't see Bennington's move as a betrayal. "Yeah, I mean, I've known Chester for a long time," he said. "I got to be pretty close with him on the Family Values tour. I don't think Chester did it in a spiteful way. The brothers DeLeo [Dean, guitar and Robert, bass], they can be pretty persuasive." Weiland recently embarked on a new run of solo tour dates beginning on August 2 in Los Angeles. As with his other shows earlier in the year, Weiland is playing material from STP's first two albums, "Core" and "Purple", as well as a smattering of covers, solo tunes and other STP tracks. Weiland's use of STP songs in his solo shows was reportedly one of the reasons why the band sacked and then sued him. The band members claim that this, along with his erratic behavior and substance abuse issues, damaged their career.

• 源氏物語の翻訳について

いつも回答をありがとうございます。 続きです。 1) The messenger alighted the entrance of the house.At first the mother could find no words with which to greet her,but soon she said: whichの前にwithが入るのはなぜでしょうか? 2) ”Alas,I have lingered too long in the world!I cannot bear to think that so fine a messenger as you have pressed your way through the dewy thickets that bar the road to my house,” この文中のbarは動詞(<道を>ふさぐ)でしょうか? you have pressed~と現在完了形になっていてもbarは現在形になるのでしょうか? 3) and she burst into uncontrollable weeping.Then the quiver-bearer's daughter said, ”One of the Palace maids who came here,told his Majesty that her heart had been torn with pity at what she saw.And I,Madam,am in like case.” ●at what she sawは「彼女が見たことで」になるのでしょうか?atの所の訳し方がわかりません。 ●またここのsheはone of the Palace maidsとすると his Majestyのhisが誰なのかわかりません。 ここはher Majestyなのでしょうか? ●like caseとなっていますが、ここはlike the caseとならないのはなぜなのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳お願いしたいです。

Because of his age, the zoo dentists want to be sure that Artie does not have any problem with his teeth.Theydecide to take an X-ray, their animal patient comes agreebly out of his pool and goes to an examining table. When the zoo worker tells him to open his mouth, Artie does so with no problem.However, things after that do not go so simply. It is not easy to get an excited sea lion to stay still while an X-ray is taken of his teeth! Every time they take a shot, the sea lion moves to a different position. After a number of attempts, the dentists finally succeed in getting a clear picture. Sea lions eat their food whole, and can eat as much as 20 pounds of fish in one day.Even though they do not chew their food,their teeth and gums can still get diseased. For Artie, his checkup goes well and the dentists conclude that his teeth are just fine: not bad for a 30-year-old who has never brushed his teeth!

• 翻訳をお願いします。

The Battle of Aqaba (6 July 1917) was fought for the Red Sea port of Aqaba (now in Jordan). The attacking forces of the Arab Revolt, led by Auda ibu Tayi and advised by T. E. Lawrence ("Lawrence of Arabia"), were victorious over the Ottoman defenders.Following an unsuccessful attack on Medina, forces of the Arab Revolt under Emir Faisal I were on the defensive against the Ottomans (or Turks). In the spring of 1917, Arab forces moved north to seize the Red Sea ports of Yenbo and Wejh, allowing them to regain the initiative, but neither the Arabs nor their British allies could agree on a subsequent plan of action. The Arabs began a series of attacks on the Hejaz Railway, and contemplated another campaign against Medina, but with British troops stationary in front of Gaza, it seemed they were not in a position to succeed. The Ottoman government had sent Arab divisions of its army, which held many pro-Revolt units, to the front lines, depriving Faisal and his allies of much-needed reinforcements. Lawrence, sent by General Archibald Murray, commander of the Egyptian Expeditionary Force, to act as a military adviser to Faisal, convinced the latter to attack Aqaba. Aqaba was a Turkish-garrisoned port in Jordan, which would threaten British forces operating in Palestine; the Turks had also used it as a base during their First Suez Offensive on the Suez Canal in 1915. It was also suggested by Faisal that the port be taken as a means for the British to supply his Arab forces as they moved further north. Though he did not take part in the attack itself (his cousin Sherif Nasir rode along as the leader of his forces), Faisal lent forty of his men to Lawrence. Lawrence also met with Auda ibu Tayi, leader of the northern Howeitat tribe of Bedouin, who agreed to lend himself and a large number of his men to the expedition. Lawrence informed his British colleagues of the planned expedition, but they apparently did not take him seriously, expecting it to fail. The Battle of Aqaba アカバの戦い

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

In 1916 the Germans completed two submarine merchant vessels, to be used as blockade runners. The aim was to use them to carry high value goods to neutral nations such as the US, which still maintained a strict neutrality, and was prepared to trade with Germany as with any other nation. The first of these vessels, Deutschland, sailed in summer 1916 and made a favorable impact on US public opinion. She made a second equally successful voyage in autumn of that year. Her sister, Bremen, was less fortunate; she disappeared on her maiden voyage, the cause of her loss unknown.

• 翻訳を御願いしたします。

A traveler was walking along a country road. The sun and the north wind were watching him."I'mstronger than you are. You don't belive me. I can show you that. You can see the traveler. I will tear his clothes from his back. Watch me. "cried the north wind. The sun said nothing,and smiled. The north wind began to blow,cold hard. Traveler's clothes got angry, and he blew hard ageinst the traveler. Then the traveler turned his back to the wind and opend the bag,and then he took his coat and put in on. "I failed!" cried the north wind. "the coat that they made is firm. "Let me try."said the sun quietly. He glowed with warmth. At last the traveles put off his cort. Do you think which is stronger,the sun or noryh wind?