How much interest was Phillip charged on his second bill?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Phillip charged $400 worth of goods on his credit card and made a payment of $20 on his first bill. He then charged another $18 worth of goods. On his second bill, he was charged 2% interest on his entire unpaid balance.
  • To calculate the interest charged on Phillip's second bill, take the total unpaid balance from his first bill ($400 - $20) and add the additional charge ($18). Then, calculate 2% of this total to find the interest charged.
  • The interest charged on Phillip's second bill can be found by calculating 2% of the sum of his unpaid balance from the first bill ($400 - $20) and the additional charge ($18).
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

簡単な数学(in English)

Phillip charged $400 worth of goods on his credit card. On his first bill, he was not charged any interest, and he made a payment of $20. He then charged another $18 worth of goods. On his second bill a month later, he was charged 2% interest on his entire unpaid balance. How much interest was Phillip charged on his second bill? (1)問題の意味 (2)解き方 が分かりません。 教えてください!! よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#212313
noname#212313
回答No.1

>Phillip charged $400 worth of goods on his credit card. 「フィリップはクレジットカードで400ドルの買い物をしました。」 →400ドルの借金をした。 > On his first bill, he was not charged any interest, and he made a payment of $20. 「最初の返済では利子は取られず、彼は20ドルを返済しました。」 →借金は、400-20=380ドルになった。 > He then charged another $18 worth of goods. 「彼は(同じクレジットカード)で18ドルの買い物をしました。」 →借金は、380+18=398ドルになった。 >On his second bill a month later, he was charged 2% interest on his entire unpaid balance. 「1か月後の2回目の返済では、(クレジットカードの)借金全部に対して2%の利子が課されました。」 →利子は、398×2%=398×0.02=7.96ドル=7ドル96セント >How much interest was Phillip charged on his second bill? 「フィリップは2回目の返済でいくらの利子を課されましたか?」 >(1)問題の意味  通常、クレジットカードを使った分を分割返済するとき、返済金額はまず利子の分の返済に充てられます。ですので、上記の「7ドル96セント」は2回目の返済でまず支払わねばならない金額になります(利子を完済しない場合、借金総額に繰り入れられてしまう)。  そのため、最後に問うているのは、2回目の返済時(設問によれば1か月後)で利子がいくらになっているかです(それが最低でも返済すべき金額となる)。 >(2)解き方  上記の通りです。

Bellgaga
質問者

お礼

OMG! Your explantion is really easy to understand! Thank you very mech! Actually, this as my first time to use 教えてGoo! So, at first, I ddn't trust this system. But now, とても感動したわ!ありがとうございます! 助かりました!感謝だわ!💕💕 また質問したいわ!🌠 Thank you♪♪♪ Have a nice day!

関連するQ&A

• 英文の算数

どなたか、この算数の日本語訳と、解き方をおしえてください。 Amy charged $500 worth of merchandise on her credit card. When she got her bill, which did not include any interest, she paid $100. During the next month she charged another $70 worth of goods. When she got her next bill she was charged 2% 答えは$9.40 になるそうです。

• 動名詞の意味上の主語のある文

(1)He insisted on my paying the money. (2)He insisted on me paying the money. が 両方OK文なのは、わかるのですが、 (1)にすると(つまりmyです。)  He insisted on my paying of the money. ⇒ my paying で名詞あつかいにしてしまう。(ちゃんとした名詞は、paymentとかいうのは、わかります。)というので of をつけたりするのは、 どうなんでしょうか? やはり paying 分詞あつかいの目的語のthe moneyで ofなんてつけるのを考えるのは、論外なのでしょうか?   I was proud of his winning of the race. も同様の考えです。 どうなんでしょう? やっぱり I was proud of his (him) winning the race. ですか?  宜しくお願いいたします。

• In his defense

I unfriended a classmate on Facebook because he dismissed my feelings when I referenced his homophobic teasing 40 years ago (I came out in high school). A lot of classmates teased me, but this particular guy was the worst of the group. In his defense, he was an ass to everyone, In his defenseはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• on the one's back の意味

on the boy's back の部分がうまく訳せません。 熟語、慣用句的な表現だと思うのですが、 意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 ・・・・ ある大学教授は、10代の息子と仲が悪かった。 This man's entire life was essentially academic, and he felt his son was totally wasting his life by working with his hands instead of working to develop his mind. As a result, he was almost constantly on the boy's back,... 結果として彼はほとんど絶えず 『その少年の{背中・後ろ}にいた』

• 文法・関係詞

The man had a credit card, on which there was a name different from what he had said his was.  という文があるのですが、最後のwhat he had said he was の句の仕組みが分かりません。 どうなっているのでしょうか?

• 文法!!!!!!

When you received a credit card bill, check if he correctly reflects the goods you have purchased. の文法的誤りを訂正しなさい。(全文訳をしなさい) 自分はheがhisだと思うのですがどうでしょうか?? 全文訳は、あなたがクレジットカードの請求を受けたとき、正しくあなたが購入した商品を反映しているかどうか確認してください。だとおもうのですが??

• 比較

回答と解説お願いします Your idea is ( ) than mine. In fact,it is slightly better. 1.greater 2.no better 3.no worse 4.worse 3でいいですか? The more ( ),the better was his performance. 1.he was carefully 2.carefully was he 3.careful he was 4. he careful was 3でいいですか?  後半の文はなぜ倒置になっていますか。

• 英文の和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 内容的にまだ続いてる感じだと思います。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Yet he had a fairly happy family life and childhood. Background and family history are important to him. He may have had a strong attachment or respect for his father, who was affluent and a sense of family pride. He may have missed out on parental love in his childhood. He would have grown reserved and cautious. May have had some health weakness or weakens of constitution. His interest would have centered on the family. He wanted to shine out. Make his family proud of him, and he would have helped other family members out and taken an interest in their lives and affairs.

• have a "tongue" of hair は?

He had a “tongue” of hair on the top of his head. His hair was thinning at the crown. ↑は、明らかに「頭のてっぺんが薄くなってきている」という意味だと思うのですが、have a "tongue" of hair on the top of his head の"tongue" というのはどういう状態になっているのでしょうか。教えて下さい。

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

In 1902, after several unsuccessful attempts, he was elected deputy. He declared himself a strong partisan of the union of the Left in what was known as the Bloc, in order to check the reactionary Deputies of the Right. From the beginning of his career in the Chamber of Deputies, Briand was occupied with the question of the separation of church and state. He was appointed reporter of the commission charged with the preparation of the 1905 law on separation, and his masterly report at once marked him out as one of the coming leaders. He succeeded in carrying his project through with but slight modifications, and without dividing the parties upon whose support he relied. He was the principal author of the law of separation, but, not content with preparing it, he wished to apply it as well. The ministry of Maurice Rouvier was allowing disturbances during the taking of inventories of church property, a clause of the law for which Briand was not responsible. Consequently, he accepted the portfolio of Public Instruction and Worship in the Sarrien ministry (1906).