• ベストアンサー

「デートに間に合わない」と英語で言う場合です。

I am going to be late for our date. I won't be in time for our date. デートを日本語的感覚でこんな風に使っていいのか知りたいです。 どなたか教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.3

補足 Hurry up, or you'll be late for your date. この英語はいいと思います。 もっとも、デートだとはっきりわかていれば Hurry up, or you can't make it. などと言うこともできます。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

joy1995
質問者

お礼

補足も読んでくださりありがとうございました。 とても参考になりました。

その他の回答 (2)

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.2

I am going to be late for our date. I won't be in time for our date. 以上の表現は可能です。 ★遅刻するけど15分送れるみたいなときは、はっきりと何分送れるかを伝えるべきです。 I can't be there by seven. Probably I'll be 15 minutes late. ★間に合わないからどうしようという場合ーー Sorry but I can't be there on time. What should we do? 英語的には、デートに遅れるというより、待ち合わせ場所に指定した時間に遅れるということを言うのがよろしいかと思います。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

joy1995
質問者

補足

いつも回答ありがとうございます。 例えば母親が娘に言う場面として 「急ぎなさいよ、デートに遅れるわよ」 「Hurry up, or you 'll be late for your date.」 日本語英語みたいで怪しいのですが、問題ないですか? よろしくお願いします。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。  I am going to be late for our date. 2。  I won't be in time for our date.     僕なら1、または場面により I am going to be late. を使います。別に2が間違いと言う訳ではありません。

joy1995
質問者

お礼

いつも回答ありがとうございます。 参考になります。

関連するQ&A

• 至急。英語について

(来年3月に東京に引っ越すのですが、そのことと、彼が日本に来るときホテルじゃなく私に家に泊まりたいと言う彼に以下のことを英語でいいたいです。)↓ 私、東京で一人暮らしする訳じゃないし、(母と一緒に引っ越して住む) それに、(あなたが私の)家に泊まるのは私のママが許さないと思う。(>_<) あと私、前も言ったけど英語だって話せないから ずっと一緒にいるのはあなただってせっかくけアメリカから来るのに楽しくないだろうし... なんか(色々考えちゃって)不安なんだよね。 I'm not going to live all by myself. And I'm afraid my mom won't allow you to stay at our house. Moreover, as I told you before I don't speak English, it will not be fun for you being together with me all the time in Japan especially you coming all way from the U.S.A... I am a bit worried. ↑可笑しいところはないでしょうか?

• 英訳お願いします

I will be in Naha for overnight next month. Finally. It's been a long time. The bad part is that I won't land until 330am

• 英語の翻訳おねがいします。アメリカ人の大学生からのメール内容です。

英語の翻訳おねがいします。アメリカ人の大学生からのメール内容です。 英語から日本語へ翻訳お願いします。 I understand that and I am in total agreement. So is that a yes you are going to work out something with me so that I can get both bags? If not I may only be able to get one because I am starting college as a freshman soon (in 2 weeks) and won't be working.

• 訳してください。

Am I going to meet you? or Am I going to see you? No,I won't do it. Becouse I want to go my bed and to sleep every midnight.

• [英語] ()に当てはまるものを教えて下さい><

1. The computer technician () the new software by the time his boss comes back from his business trip. (1) had installed (2) installed (3) will be installed (4) will have installed 2. Please ask for Mr. Matsuda at the reception desk when you () tomorrow morning at our head office. (1) arrive (2) will arrive (3) are to arrived (4) will have arrived 3. () it be true that he passed the examination? (1) May (2) Won't (3) Needn't (4) Can 4 I am sorry that our special sale ended yesterday. You () here one week earlier. (1) come (2) came (3) should have come (4) should come 5. "I don't see Tom. I wonder why he's late." "Well, he () his train, or maybe he overslept." (1) might have missed (2) might miss (3) should have missed (4) should miss 6. I took a taxi to the meeting; () I would have been late. (1) anyway (2) likewise (3) nevertheless (4) otherwise 7. She has been busy () for her trip to the U.S. (1) at preparing (2) from preparing (3) preparing (4) to prepare 8. Although he was punctual, the professor was quite used () late. (1) to have his students (2) to his students being (3) to his students come (4) to his students very 9. We often hear it () that a child can understand what a grown-up says. (1) to say (2) saying (3) say (4) said 10. "You won't be able to get to the station in time for the next train." "I realize that now. I'll have to get my ticket ()." (1) change (2) changed (3) changing (4) to change 11. The purpose of a print advertisement is simple; to get the reader () some action. (1) take (2) taken (3) to be taken (4) to take 12. Would you believe it? I () three times in the last three months! (1) was stolen my bicycle (2) have been stolen my bicycle  (3) have had my bicycle stolen (4) had someone stolen my bicycle 13. I () a terrible dream last night. (1) took (2) held (3) had (4) saw 14. A microscope is a scientific instrument that is used (). (1) by helping things to see (2) by helping see things (3) to help things to see (4) to help see things 15. I didn't have enough money for the ticket so I () some from my friend. (1) borrowed (2) lent (3) rented (4) gave 16. I don't think that red dress () her. (1) agrees (2) meets (3) suits (4) matches

• 英語について教えて下さい。

I am going tomorrow. これを日本語にすると、『私は明日行く予定です。』となります。 この文はなぜ、be going to 動詞の原形 の形になっていないのに未来を表す文になるのですか?これ以外でもbe going toだけで動詞の原形がないのに未来を表す文がありますが、なぜですか❓

• 日本語にお願いします‼

I am good, busy as always.  I am in NY for a couple of weeks and the weather is very nice also. Cherry trees are also almost blooming here too. Unfortunately I won't see them in Japan because I won't be back until May. Hope work is going well with you and the rest of the team ! 途中わからないとことかから文章がおかしくなってしまったので、日本語にお願いします‼

• 英語について教えてください。

I am going to Mt. fuji. これを日本語にすると、『 わたしは富士山に行くつもりです。』になります。なぜ動詞のgoingがないのにこの様な意味になるのですか❓これだとbe going to 動詞 の形の未来を表す文にはならないのですが…………

• 英語のあいまいな区別

こんばんは。 英語ってあいまいな部分があっていまいち、使い分けがわかりません。 例えば未来系で、 現在進行形とBe going to。 同意で、 I am in favor of~とI agree with~。 Would you~とCould you~とか。 イマイチよくわかりません。 違いを教えてください。 これ以外にもそういうのがあったら教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 中学英語なのですが…

わかりません。 質問お願いします。 中学英語を復習しています。 (1)I'm going to go to a concert. この文の主語はIで、動詞はbe going toのあとのgoであっていますか? (2)I've lived in Japan for five years, and I've loved Japanese music since I heard it for the first time. 主語と動詞は、 I lived I loved I heard で一つの文に3つずつありますか? この文は現在完了形の文なのは理解できます。 でも文が少し長くて混乱します。 こういう少し長い文を読むときに理解しやすいポイントとかはありますか? 文法に詳しい方が居たらお願いします。