• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

和訳お願い致します。

In actual research these three objects are prosecuted, not successively, but simultaneously. Thus it is not necessary in either case that the final object — that of classification- should wait for its commencement upon the completion of the dissection or analysis of every organism or every mental structure that is to be found upon the earth. On the con trary, the comparison in each case begins with the facts that are first found to be comparable, and is afterwards pro gressively extended as knowledge of additional facts becomes more extensive. * The word " structure " is used in a metaphorical sense when applied to mind, but the usage it convenient.

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数78
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1

実際の研究では、これら3つの対象は連続的ではないが同時に遂行された。従って、地球上で見つかる全ての有機体の分析と解剖、全ての心的構造の分析、といった作業が完了されるを待つべきである分類における終対象は、どちらにせよ必要とはされない。それどころか、いずれの場合における比較は、比較可能な最初に発見された事実を持って開始され、その後は知識が追加的な事実などにより、更に詳細になるにつれて漸進的に広がっていく。 ”構造”という言葉は、心に作用する時は比喩的な意味で使われるが、それを使うことは便利である。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

助かりました。ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願い致します。

It is refreshing to return to the often-echoed remark, that it could not have been the object of a Divine revelation to instruct mankind in physical science, man having had faculties bestowed upon him to enable him to acquire this knowledge by himself. This is in fact pretty generally admitted; but in the application of the doctrine, writers play at fast and loose with it according to circumstances. Thus an inspired writer may be permitted to allude to the phenomena of nature according to the vulgar view of such things, without impeachment of his better knowledge; but if he speaks of the same phenomena assertively, we are bound to suppose that things are as he represents them, however much our knowledge of nature may be disposed to recalcitrate. But if we find a difficulty in admitting that such misrepresentations can find a place in revelation, the difficulty lies in our having previously assumed what a Divine revelation ought to be. If God made use of imperfectly informed men to lay the foundations of that higher knowledge for which the human race was destined, is it wonderful that they should have committed themselves to assertions not in accordance with facts, although they may have believed them to be true? On what grounds has the popular notion of Divine revelation been built up? Is it not plain that the plan of Providence for the education of man is a progressive one, and as imperfect men have been used as the agents for teaching mankind, is it not to be expected that their teachings should be partial and, to some extent, erroneous? Admitted, as it is, that physical science is not what the Hebrew writers, for the most part, profess to convey, at any rate, that it is not on account of the communication of such knowledge that we attach any value to their writings, why should we hesitate to recognise their fallibility on this head?

• 和訳お願いします。

以下の文の和訳をお願いします。 The slowdown is a bit of a mystery to climate scientists. True, the basic theory that predicts a warming of the planet in response to human emissions does not suggest that warming should be smooth and continuous. To the contrary, in a climate system still dominated by natural variability, there is every reason to think the warming will proceed in fits and starts. But given how much is riding on the scientific forecast, the practitioners of climate science would like to understand exactly what is going on. They admit that they do not, even though some potential mechanisms of the slowdown have been suggested. The situation highlights important gaps in our knowledge of the climate system, some of which cannot be closed until we get better measurements from high in space and from deep in the ocean.

• 和訳お願い致します。

Or, again adopting the convenient terminology of Clifford, we must always remember that we can never know the mental . states of any mental beings other than ourselves as objects ; we can only know them as ejects^ or as ideal projections of our own mental states. And it is from this broad fact of psycho logy that the difficulty arises in applying our criterion of mind to particular cases — especially among the lower animals. For if the evidence of mind, or of being capable of choice, must thus always be ejective as distinguished from objective, it is clear that the cogency of the evidence must diminish as we recede from minds inferred to be like our own, towards minds inferred to be not so like our own, passing in a gradual series into not-minds. Or, otherwise stated, although the evidence derived from ejects is practically regarded as good in the case of mental organizations inferred to be closely analogous to our own, this evidence clearly ceases to be trust worthy in the ratio in which the analogy fails ; so that when we come to the case of very low animals — where the analogy is least — we feel uncertain whether or not to ascribe to them any ejective existence. But I must again insist that this fact — which springs immediately but of the fundamental isolation of the individual mind — is no argument against my criterion of mind as the best criterion available; it [it=the fact] tends, indeed, to show that no better criterion can be found, for it shows the hopelessness of seeking such.

• 和訳お願い致します。

While writing the first chapters of the present volume, I intended that the latter half of it should be devoted to a con sideration of this question, and therefore in " Animal Intelli gence " I said that such would be the case. But as the work proceeded it soon became evident that a full treat ment of this question would require more space than could be allowed in a single volume, without seriously curtailing both the consideration of this question itself and also that of mental evolution, as this is exhibited in the animal kingdom. I therefore determined on restricting the present essay to a consideration of mental evolution in animal, and on reserv ing for subsequent publication all the material which I have collected beaiing on mental evolution in man. I cannot yet say how long it will be before I can feel that I am justified in publishing my researches concerning this branch of my subject ; for the more that I have investigated it, the more have I found that it grows, as it were, in three dimensions— in depth, width, and complexity. But at whatever time I shall be able to publish the third and final instalment of my work, it will of course rest upon the basis supplied by the present essay, as this rests upon the basis supplied by the previous one.

• 和訳お願いします

Each ten years, the government conducts a national census, which is authorized by the Constitution. Most of us do not object to answering the questions that the census poses, but what if you should decide to refuse to answer the questions? Could you do so on the basis that they represent an invasion of your privacy? This has been answered by the courts, which hold that it is a proper government function and a necessary one to gather reliable statistics that have a bearing on governmental functions, and that intelligent legislation can only be formulated if the government has the facts. It is probable that people answer the census questions because they believe their answers will be kept confidential and that the information will not be used to hurt them. Census answers cannot be utilized by parties in a lawsuit and used without the consent of the party giving the answers. However, general statistics can be used, and the statistics gathered in the census have been used, for the good of all.

• 3行の英文の和訳をお願いします。

すみませんが、こちらの英文の和訳をお願いします。 『I will also be leaving some of them for the company that is moving into our current space. The idea is NOT to open the boxes when we get to the new office. I am pretty exhausted but it will be over in another week.』

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

In the chaotic zone, there are, of course, a great number of discrete collision orbits. Minimum separation distance in the chaotic zone near b=1.93 is enlarged in Fig.6, which is obtained from the calculation of 3000 orbits with b between 1.926 and 1.932. Even in this enlarged figure, r_min varies violently with b. Although the chaotic zones are not sufficiently resolved in our present study, the phase space occupied by collision orbits in the chaotic zones is much smaller than that in the regular collision bands. Even if all orbits in the chaotic zone are collisional, their contribution to the collision rate is less than 4% of the total: the width in b=2.30 and 2.48, we also found that the total width is much smaller than 0.001. This implies that in the evaluation of <P(e, i)>, we can neglect the contribution of collision orbits in the chaotic zones.    These are n-recurrent collision orbits in the regular zones. Of these, 2-recurrent collision orbits are most important. The collisional band composed of them is found near b=2.34. Its width ⊿b is about 0.011, and the contribution to the collision is as large as 15%. No.3- and more –recurrent collision orbits were observed in regular zones. They were found only in the chaotic zones and, hence, can be neglected. 長いですが、よろしくお願いします。

• 長いですがこの文章の和訳を至急お願いします!!

4. Visual Image: 1. You must also provide a visual image for each term. The visual image is a picture, drawing, symbol, clipart, etc. that you feel represents each term. Visual images must be something other than the picture on your current event or Political Cartoon. 5. Court Case: 1. The final part of this project is to research U.S. Supreme Court Cases. A court case must be chosen for each term. Court cases may only be used once during the course of this project! Court Cases Must Be Relevant to the Term and must be no more than 25 years old! (No older than 1989.) (There have been numerous cases at the Supreme Court just in the past year!) Cases do not have to be decided. Decision may be pending, or they may be cases that the U.S. Supreme Court has accepted but not heard yet. *In order to receive full credit for this section you must: 1. Cite the U.S. Supreme Court Case. (I.E.-Roe v. Wade) You must have the “who v. who” in order to get credit. Telling me who the case is about is not considered citing the case! 2. Cite the date of the case and the source where you found the information about the case. (Exact web address you found the case!) *Example: Roe v. Wade, 1973-www.gale.cengage.com/free…/roe.htm 3. Summarize the court case in your own words, (What happened in the case?) Do not print out the case. Summary must be in your own words! 4. Explain how the court case correlates to the term. (Why did you choose this case? How do you think this court case relates to the term?) *Please do not print out the whole court case. I want this information explained in your own words! You will not receive credit for anything on this part if you print out the narrative decision or someone else’s summation of the case. ` *How to find Court Cases: Go to any search engine and type in court cases and start researching! : ) This part will take some time because you will have to research in order to find one that will correspond with each term. Pro Se Court and www.oyez.org/oyez/frontpage are two very helpful sites for information regarding prominent U.S. Supreme Court Cases that pertain to this project. Remember I want you to use more recent cases, so they can only be used if they were decided within the past 25 years. They may also be cases that are still pending and have made their way up through the court of appeals process to the U.S. Supreme Court. The best place to first look for cases would be the Official U.S. Supreme Court Website. They will have current cases being heard, decisions made within the past year, and a history of past cases. Also remember that I want a different court case used for each term, so make sure you give yourself plenty of time to do some research. This by far seems to be the most time consuming part for most students! There are some links on my teacher web site that go straight to sites that will help you with this section. Wikipedia is not a very reliable source. Please try to stay away from getting your information from their site! Research and find your own cases!! Since the explanation of case and correlation must be in your own words, I will be able to tell if you did the work or someone else! I will also be able to tell if you actually understand the case you chose and if your correlation is clear and in your words!

• 和訳をお願いします。至急!!!!

The response spectrum curves, which are a type of influence diagram for earthquake loads, describe the important characteristics of strong earthquake ground motions by exhibiting their effects on structures. The spectra also provide a logical measure of the intensity of earthquake ground motion which has engineering sugnificance.by means of the spectrum curves the apparently anomalous behavior of some structures during earthquakes can be explained. If the point of view is taken that structures should be designed to remain  elastic(without damage)when subjected to earthquake ground motion, a satisfactory procedure can be developed using the spectrum curves.it is true that this would be more laborious than the presently used equivalent static methods but it would not be excessively so. the real difficulty arises from the fact that in this case the structures would have to be designed for lateral loads much larger than are not prescribed by building codes. It does not seem economically justiciable that in a seismically active region all buildings should be designed to survive the strongest possible ground motion without any damage. It is more reasonable to take the point of view that the design should be such that the structures will survive the more frequent, moderate ground motions without damage but in the more rare event of very strong ground motion , damage would be tolerated so long as it was not a hazard to life and limb, this is the usual point of view of engineers in earthquake areas, it is seen from the material presented in this paper that this point of view is equivalent to requiring two different design analyses for each structure. One would be to ensure that no damage resulted from moderate, elastic vibrations, and the other would be a(limit design)type of analysis to ensure that there was sufficient energy-absorbing capacity to give an adequate factor of safety against collapse in the event of extremely strong ground motion.

• 和訳お願い致します。

The other point which has to be noted with regard to this criterion is as follows. I again quote from " Animal Intelligence :"— " Of course to the sceptic this criterion may appear un satisfactory, since it depends, not on direct knowledge, but on inference. Here, however, it seems enough to point out, as already observed, that it is the best criterion available ; and, further, that scepticism of this kind is logically bound to deny evidence of mind, not only in the case of the lower animals, but also in that of the higher, and even in that of men other than the sceptic himself. For all objections which could apply to the use of this criterion of mind in the animal kingdom, would apply with equal force to the evidence of any mind other than that of the individual objector. This is obvious, because, as I have already observed, the only evi dence we can have of objective mind is that which is furnished by objective activities ; and, as the subjective mind can never become assimilated with the objective so as to learn by direct feeling the mental processes which there accompany the objective activities, it is clearly impossible to satisfy any one who may choose to doubt the validity of inference, that in any case, other than his own, mental processes ever do accompany objective activities.