I cannot openly give answers about it

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Unfortunately, the information about is confidential.
  • I am sorry, but the information is classified.
  • I regret that I cannot give answers about it because of our information security policy.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

cannot openly

I cannot openly give answers about it. それについて自由にお答えできません。 自分では公開してよいか判断できない情報について問い合わせが来た時の回答例として、上記のような例文を見つけました。 openlyという言葉を使わない場合は、どういうように言えるでしょうか。 Unfortunately, the information about is confidential. I am sorry, but the information is classified. I regret that I cannot give answers about it because of our information security policy. などでしょうか。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • dorian337
  • ベストアンサー率51% (158/305)
回答No.1

I'm not at liberty to answer that question [those questions]. "not at liberty to" という表現がよく使われます。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=%22not+at+liberty+to%22 Unfortunately, the information about [that] is confidential. about の後に何かが必要。あるいは "the information is confidential" とする。 I am sorry, but the information is classified. いいと思います。 I regret that I cannot give answers about it because of our information security policy. いいと思いますが、文書のような堅苦しいいいまわしです。

flex1101
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 not at liberty to 勉強になりました。 aboutの部分の間違い訂正ありがとうございます。 また、他2つの文についての回答もありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• umeco51
  • ベストアンサー率41% (35/85)
回答No.2

Unfortunately, I can not give you the information since it is classified as confidential in compliance with our information security policy. でいいと思います。 confidentialなことがこちらの落ち度でなければ、 I am sorryやI regretなど、申し訳なさそうに言う必要はないと思います。 日本語だと「すみませんが」とか「申し訳ありませんが」を多用しますが 英語ではそういった文章が誤解を生んでしまうこともあるので注意が必要です。

flex1101
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 英語文化では「すみませんが」を多用しないという点、勉強になりました。

関連するQ&A

• 残念です。

会うことを楽しみにしていた方から「Unfortunately, I will not be in New york when you come,」と言うメールが来ました。 「残念だけれど、しようがないね。」と返信したいのですが、英訳をお願いします。 「I regret that I cannot see you.」 こんな文章で大丈夫でしょうか?。 宜しくお願いします。

• it と that の違い (I knew it. と I knew that. の違い等)

・I knew it. と I knew that. の違いについて I knew it.  「やっぱり。知ってたよ。」 I knew that. 「そんなことなら(当然)知ってたよ。」というキツイ表現になる、と書いてありました。 どうしてそんな違いがでるのでしょうか。何冊か文法書を読んだのですが、記載がなく分かりませんでした。 話手の心理的な距離が it より that のほうが遠い(?)ということですか。 it とthat で違いがあるならば、 ・「ごめんなさい。」と謝るときは、 I am sorry about that, の時と I am sorry about it と言った場合、どうなりますか。違いがあるのでしょうか。 ・「(そんなの)もったいない」の表現は That`s a waste とあったのですが、 It is a waste ではダメなのでしょうか。これも違いがありますか。 基本的に、it(それ) と that(あれ) の違いは何なんでしょうか。よろしくお願いします。

• あっさりと和訳してください。

I just realized the razor is $160 and not worth sending all the way back, I will just take the loss and give it away. Don't worry about it.

• 英文が間違っていないか

この英文は文法的に間違ってないか確認お願いします I do not know what that is. I will find out the information about it ,doing my homework.

• この英文を日本語にしていただけませんか

unfortunately, this might be so late in being answered purely because I haven’t twitter’d from a computer in about two weeks and so I’m sorry if your message has been waiting for a while! and a second unfortunately, I made that set in the crudest, awful, slapdash way possible so there is no tutorial so I’m sorry for that too 英語が出来る方お願いいたします。

• If 節について

お世話になっております。 以下についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 この系統については以前もお教え頂いたのでが、どうもしっかり理解が出来ず再度質問させて頂きました。 It would be helpful next time if I could get more information about the repair. (1)この文章は、空想ではなく現実的なことなのにどうしてIt would、if I could になるのでしょうか? (2)仮定法過去は現実性が低い時に使うと理解していますが間違いでしょうか? (3)It is helpful next time if I get more information about the repair. と上記文章は意味が異なるのでしょうか? どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。

• 翻訳して下さい!

下記の文の翻訳をお願いします! You can come in and shop in the store for your friends and family, for personal shopping reasons only. Unfortunately if you are purchasing to re-sell you cannot buy items. Once again I'm sorry for the sudden change it is a strict policy and must be followed.

• 英文法に誤りがあれば修正してほしいです。

I'm sorry to say that it's been about 10 years since we met on Internet so that it is a no problem that you forgot about me. 宜しくお願いします。

• 不可算名詞

不可算名詞の使い方についての質問です。 I wish he would give me ( )about the colledge. (1)some information (2)some more information  の問題で、(1)が正解。とあるのですが、(2)がダメな理由は何ですか?

• 英訳をお願いします。

以下の分の英訳をお願いします。 I have bought a lot of times items from China.. but it never took so much time. The shipping cannot takes more than 5 weeks. It's really strange and the problem it is also that in april I cannot give you a feedback, because in ebay if you don't give a feedback in 2months and a half, the item is took away from the account. So I will give you a feedback at the beginning of March. And if the item will arrive it will be ok, if not we will discuss for the refund. I hope you understand.