• ベストアンサー

慶應義塾大学 環境情報 2010年度 英語質問

質問があります。 The demand for society to conform to the rules of civility,said DeMott, is how people (1in 2of 3for) power avoid criticism. 答えは1なのですが、2が駄目な理由がわかりません。解説お願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

「権力側に立つ者が(自分が)批判されないようにする為に市民権を形成する」 という意味なので  People in Power です。権力組織の中に居る人です People of Power ですと  政治家のような特定の権力者個人を指してしまうので意味が変わります

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.2

people in power 政権与党の人たち という常套句です。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=people+in+power

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の質問です!

People in Japan like to have raccoons as pets, but (it) has become illegal. について。 かっこのitが指しているものを抜き出しなさい。 The purpose of these regulations is to protect the biodiversity,people, and agriculture of Japan from species that do not live here naturally. (1)that do not live here naturally.が修飾している語をかきなさい。 They have also affected some bird habitats,making it difficult for birds to build nests.について。 itが指しているものを抜き出しなさい。

• 英語の質問です!

(1)この文の文型は何ですか。文の要素の境目にスラッシュをいれ、S、V、O、Cの記号を書きなさい。 The purpose of these regulations is protect the biodiversity,people,and agriculture of Japan from species that do not live here naturally. (2)次の文を日本語に直しなさい You rarely get the chance to see Ezo deer. (3)次の文を文型に注意して日本語になおしなさい。 The noise made it different for me to read a book in peace. (4)(  )に注意して、次の文を日本語に直しなさい。 They made a compact game machine,(making) it easy for young people to carry.

• 英語の質問です!!

次の例文の空所に当てはまる動詞を下から選び、必要があれば適切な形に直して入れなさい。ただし、同じ語は一度しか使えません。 (1)Now our school ( ) with new teaching methods. (2)They had to ( ) their lives for their country at that time. (3)The boy is ( ) to go to the amusement part. (4)We (  ) in front of the station yesterday. (5)The news has ( ) the interest of people around the country. (6)Can you ( ) a good English-Japanese dictionary? (7)He chose his words carefully so as not to ( ) a misunderstanding. (8)A little later I ( ) that I had been mistaken. (9)It is important for the wound to be ( ). (10)The school focuses on ( ) the students‘ sense of morality. (experiment/cause/recomend/part/sacrifice/cool/cultivate/long/realize/attract)

• 英語の質問です!

1If we decide ( ) for dinner, we‘ll call you. (1)go out (2)going out (3)to going out (4)to go out 2Drastic measures have to be taken ( ) we are to avoid the danger. (1)after (2)unless (3)whether (4)if  3In the end parents have to let their children ( ) their own way. (1)go (2)to go (3)going (4)gone  4To be ( ) you, I have no money in my pocket now. (1)frank with (2)honest (3)straight to (4)friendly to 彼女はそのビンを開けるために栓抜きを探しています。 She is looking for a (bottle/to/corkscrew/with/the/open). 回答お願いします。

• 訳がわかりません

訳が分からないので、教えて頂けましたら助かります。 However, many of these same young people seem to be unaware of some basic rules when it comes to sending e-mail at work. Most of the people who responded to the survey said they didn't check their spelling or punctuation before hitting "send". 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英語 can について 質問3つ

I. I want people to know how beautiful the night view of the city with the lights can be. →ライトを使った街の夜景の美しさを知ってほしい。 ここでのcanはどの用法ですか❔ 2. I want people to know how beautiful the night view of the city with the lights is. これじゃダメですか❔ 3. they should know how ever the night view is beautiful in the town. 以前から明かりという話題が出た上でこの表現をした時わざわざ「明かりを使って」という表現を付け足そうとしなくてもいいですか❔ 英検2級の英作文で翻訳使って添削してたら疑問におもったので質問します そもそもこれらの英文合ってるのかもわからないので質問します お暇な方が居られれば是非お願いします

• 下記の英文の意味を教えてください。

The Lieutenant Nunは女性ですが男装して新大陸へと航海した人だそうです。 http://old.latin-america.jp/archives/jihou1383_ito.pdf http://mith.umd.edu/eada/html/display.php?docs=erauso_autobiography.xml ↑詳しくはこちらの文書に載っております。 その人についての質問文があるんですがよくわかりません。 1) In what ways did she challenge society’s expectations for a woman of her age, race, and class status? 2) In what ways did she conform to society’s expectations for a male conquistador? 3) How did Spanish colonization and the New World shape her experiences?

• 英語の質問です!

各文の()の中から間違いのある箇所を1つ見つけ、選んでください。解説もお願いします! He could see (by her face) (that) she (received) (a piece of good news). (Despite) those (differences), Susan has always been very (considerate) (with) her friends. She forget (bringing) her lunch. That's (why) she (was) late (for) my class this morning. This plant (is said) to be (possible) to live (without) water (for) many days.

• 英語の質問

英語 1 How the two countries came to the same conclusion about the preservation of their natural resources, however, was different. 「だが、両国が天然資源の保護に関して同じ結論に達した経緯は異なる。」 このHowは「How S V」で「SがVする方法」として、名詞節を導いているということでいいのでしょうか? 2 Part of the Tokugawa solution for the problem of resource depletion in Japan was to conserve Japanese resources by causing resource depletion elsewhere, just as part of the solution of Japan and other developed countries to their resource depletion today is to cause resource depletion elsewhere. 「Part of the Tokugawa solution for the problem of resource depletion in Japan was to conserve Japanese resources by causing resource depletion elsewhere」 を A 「part of the solution of Japan and other developed countries to their resource depletion today is to cause resource depletion elsewhere.」 を B とすると、 A,just as B という形で、この訳が「Aだ。Bと同じである。」 という感じなんですが この「just as」をさがしても 「途端に」、「同時であるさま」としか出てきません。 「同じ」という意味はどこから出てきたんでしょうか? 説明お願いします。

• 至急解説お願いします....

明日、中間で数2があるのですが、解き方がわからず... どなたか解説お願いします(>_<) The weight of radioactive after t years is Wt=2500×3 to the power of -t/3000 g. Find the time taken for the weight to reduce to 30% of its initial weight.