なぜ映画監督になりたいのか?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 「受賞おめでとうございます。なぜ映画監督になりたいのか教えてください。」
  • 七歳の頃に買ってもらったカメラがきっかけで映像の面白さに気づき始め、映画的な環境に慣れ親しんだことが影響しています。
  • 映画監督になりたい理由については答えづらいですが、カメラを持つことで表現の可能性を感じ、映画の世界に魅了されています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英作文の添削をお願いします。

「受賞おめでとうございます。どうして映画監督になりたいと思ったのですか。少し お聞かせいただけませんか。」「そうですね。ちょっと答えづらいのですが、七歳の 時にキャメラを買ってもらって、それがきっかけで、映像の面白さに気づき始めたのだ と思います。映画館をやっている祖父がいたのも、映画的環境に慣れ親しむ一因 だったと思います。」 “Congraturations on the award! Would you mind sparing some time for us to ask you why you wanted to become a supervision of cinema”“Well, the answer a little embarrass me. It is because I started to realize the interest of pictures by the opportunity to be bought a camera for me when I was 7 years old. That my grandfather run a cinema is one of the reason why I familiar with the surroundings of it, I think.” 最後に I think を持っていったのは文頭にもっていくと (that) thatになりわかりづらいかと 思ったからです。かえってわかりづらいでしょうか? 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • jjubilee
  • ベストアンサー率75% (367/485)
回答No.2

最近のセンター入試のような英文スタイルですね。 1)「受賞おめでとうございます。 “Congraturations on the award! ** "Congraturations"→"Congratulations"間違えやすいので注意ですね。 ** 作成された言い方もあるようですが、"Congratulations on (your) winning the award."も普通によく聞きます。 2)どうして映画監督になりたいと思ったのですか。少し お聞かせいただけませんか。」 Would you mind sparing some time for us to ask you why you wanted to become a supervision of cinema” **「我々が質問する時間をさく」主体は「我々」であって、「我々の質問に答える時間をさく」のが「この映画監督"you"」だと思います。"for us to ask you"→"to tell us" ** "Would you mind sparing some time for us to ask you"は機能語句ですね。「少し お聞かせいただけませんか。」をそのまま訳されたのだと思いますが、「~をしてください」という一瞬にして判断できる箇所が英語では長すぎてもったいぶった感じがします。こういう表現は丁寧さがあればそれでいいので、もっと単純にすべきだろうと思います。たとえば、 "Could you tell me why ~?"で十分ではないかと思います。 **「映画監督」は"a film director"ですね。こういう言葉はテレビなどでネイティブが英語を話す場面をよく見聞きしていれば自然に覚えていきますが、受験の間はなかなか時間がないですね。"supervision"は"supervisor" でしょうが、これは「監督」とも訳されていますが「監督する人間」つまり「管理者」という意味合いを持つ言葉です。 3)「そうですね。ちょっと答えづらいのですが、七歳の時にキャメラを買ってもらって、それがきっかけで、映像の面白さに気づき始めたのだ と思います。 “Well, the answer a little embarrass me. It is because I started to realize the interest of pictures by the opportunity to be bought a camera for me when I was 7 years old. **「答えづらい」→「答えるのがむずかしい」="it's a bit difficult to answer." **「キャメラを買ってもらって」→「誰かが私に買ってくれたカメラを手に入れて」 ="I got a camera someone (had) bought me" **「それがきっかけで~」→「そのことが、私を~させた。」 ="That made me realize ~"または"That(/It) was a start."を最後に持ってくる会話のスタイルもあります。 **「映画のおもしろさ」→「映画に対する興味」="interest in ~" 参考1: Well, it is a little difficult to answer. I got a camera somebody bought me at the age of seven. That made me have an interest in movies. I think it was a start. 参考2: ~. I think it started me having an interest in movies. ** "(S) started me ~ing."というのもありますがむずかしいかもしれませんね。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=started+me 4)映画館をやっている祖父がいたのも、映画的環境に慣れ親しむ一因 だったと思います。」 That my grandfather run a cinema is one of the reason why I familiar with the surroundings of it, I think.” ここは「思います」以外の言葉は「過去の出来事」ですから過去形にしなくてはいけませんね。 **「経営する"run"」は"theater"ですね。"run"→"ran"。"familiar"→"was familiar" "the surrounding of it"→"its surroundings" ** 会話対の文章は、単文をたくさん作ることでしょうね。そしてどんどん続ける。これが会話です。 参考: My grandfather ran a movie theater. I think it was one of the factors that made me familiar with movies I felt in the air. ** "one of the factors"は"a factor"でもかまいません。 ** "I feel ~ in the air."という言い回しは難しいかもしれません。 "I felt movies in the air."「映画の雰囲気を感じた。」が元になっています。 >最後に I think を持っていったのは文頭にもっていくと (that) thatになりわかりづらいかと >思ったからです。かえってわかりづらいでしょうか? ** 会話対ならいいですよ。 会話体は易しく易しく、中学英語で言うということに心がけると自然な英語になると思います。そして機能語に語数を使わずに、中学英語の易しい文体の中で、「意味語」つまりこの場面だけで使う意味のある言葉を選び、その語句だけは難しくなることもあると思います。

noukamokkosu
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 長い文はやはりきったほうが身のためですね。 参考にさせていただきます。 また回答よろしくおねがいします。

その他の回答 (1)

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

訳例 “Congratulations on the award! Would you like to tell us why you wanted to become a movie director?" “Well, it's hard to put into words. When I was seven, I was given a camera. That was the beginning. I soon came to realize that pictures were very interesting to me. My grandfather was running a cinema, and I think that is one of the reasons why I became familiar with the world of movies." 最後に I think を持っていったのは文頭にもっていくと (that) thatになりわかりづらいかと思ったからです。かえってわかりづらいでしょうか? →分かりづらいというより、とってつけた表現になり、避けるべきです。 訳例を書きましたので、ご自分の英文と比べて参考にして下さい。

noukamokkosu
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 すごいよみやすいですね・・・。 参考にさせていただきます! また回答よろしくおねがいします。

関連するQ&A

• 英作文の添削をしてくれませんか??

(1)Do you think it is important to study english? (2)What kind of job do you want to exprience? という問題がテストに出るので事前に考えてくることと言われましたが、作ってみたところ文法的に正しいかどうか分かりませんので添削お願いします。 高一までの学習範囲で、できればお願いいたします。 (1)yes,I do the two reasons First I like A foreign film Therefore I want to watch it without translation (←勉強をして)をいれたい Next I want to go to the university Because of that I think it it important to study English (2)Yes,I do I want to be A programmer The two reasons First,I like to use the PC second, I can make a lot of people efficient Because of that Ihink want to Be a programmer という内容なのですが、現在仮定法を学習しているので一つぐらい使いたいです。あとここはthat節を使ったほうがいいなどという点があれば教えていただきたいです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英作の添削お願いします

Do you think you should force yourself to smile even when you feel unhappy? Why why not? Write a passage of 5 sentences in English explaining your answer. に対する私の英作です。 I think I should force myself to smile even when I feel unhappy. It is not good that we feel unhappy for a long time. We need to change unhappy into happy. I belive the action can control feeling. If I force myself to smile, I will become feel happy. 宜しくお願いします(>_<)

• 英作文を添削してください!

言語、習慣、文化、伝統などことごとく異なっている欧米人と本当に意思疎通することはなまやさしいことではないであろう。会話さえできれば、と考えるのは楽天的でありすぎる。我々の考えをのべれば、大抵は否定されるだろう。しかし、そこでひるんできまずくだまってしまったりしてはいけない。むしろ、意見が食い違ったところから伝達ははじまるのである。本当に親しくなるのは、激しい議論をした相手であることも忘れてはなるまい。ただ、はいはいと言っているのでは、かえって相手から信頼されない。 I think it is difficult to communicate with the Eropeans whose langueges,customs,cultures or traditions are different from that of ours.You are a optipist,if you think it is good enough to have a talk with them.If I mention our thinking,mostly we are thought that we aren't right.But we must not be shocked by that.We must say something.Or rather,a communication is start from differences of opinions.We must remember that we can be familiar most with the person who argued hardly with us.If you agree with the other's opinion everytime,you are not be trust by him. 英作文を作ってみたのですが、添削していただけないでしょうか? 下手な英語ですががんばってみたので、よろしくお願いしますm(__)m

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします

周りに添削を頼める人がいないので添削をお願いします。 ネット上で添削するのは手間がかかるでしょうから、気づいた点などを挙げていただくだけでも結構です。 (問) 以下の事柄に関して自分の考えを120~150文字で述べなさい。 The power of words (答) I believe the power of words. Even if you think of something,you can't convey what you think without words. In Japan people sometimes prefer not using words to doing during communicating with others like parents or friends,which is called "Aun no kokyu". It is also important,but all people can't understand it.It is sure that you can convey information exactly if you use words. Also,words can move people's heart.If you want to show your passion in order to persuade someone,you should make use of words which can do.I think that person who control words control the world. You may think that it is easy to say,but not easy to act.It is true to some extent. However,you say what you think,and you can find what you really want to act. (日本語文) 私は言葉の力を信じます。 たとえあなたが何かを考えても、言葉なしではあなたの考えを伝えることはできません。 日本の人々は親や友達と意思疎通をするときに言葉を使わないことを好むときがあります。これを「阿吽の呼吸」と呼びます。 これも重要ではありますが、すべての人々が理解することはできません。もしあなたが言葉を使えば、正確に情報を伝えることができることは当然です。 また、言葉は人の心を動かすことができます。もし、あなたが誰かを説得するためにあなたの情熱を表したかったら、それができる言葉を利用すべきです。言葉を支配した人が世界を支配すると思います。 あなたは、言うのは簡単だが行動するのは難しいと思うかもしれません。 それはある程度正しいです。しかしながら、あなたが自分の考えることを言葉にして言うことで、自分の本当にやりたいことが分かることができます。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

初音ミクという新しい音楽についてあなたは良いと思うか悪いと思うかに関してです 賛成反対両方について書きました。 文法誤りや10/10で評価願います 反対 I think a new music of Hatsune Miku is no good , because it is not a real voice but a machanical voice . Of coruse, everyone easily can make a lot of music without a real vocalist now. But a machanical voice can't inform a lot of people to like listening to music of feelings , because it is none too lively, whlle a real voice can inform them of feelings and attraction . Therefore, I can't understand music of Hatsune Miku . 賛成 I think a new music of Hatsune Miku is a very wonderful invention, because it caused a variety of merits. For example, there is a success of live peformance. The live of Hatsune Miku in Japan gathered a lot of people ,regardless of thier age , sex or nationality. In addition, japanese people can exchange thoughts and ideas with people all over the world by the shared hobby that you listen to music of Hatsune Miku. Therefore, I can understand the new music of Hatsune Miku.

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします。

問題文: 次のような想定で手紙の一部を書け。 「あなたが中学生のときから文通を続けてきたJamesが初めて日本を訪れることになった。滞在期間は1月から2月までではどうかと言ってきた。それに対して、(1)来日の時期は3月末からの1ヶ月間にした方がよいとすすめ、(2)なぜその方がよいかを具体的に説明し、返事を出す事にした。 印刷してある書き出しの部分に続けて、上記の(1)と(2)の内容を入れて、40語程度で書け。」 Dear James, I was delighted to get your letter and learn that you will be able to visit Japan in the near future. I am looking forward to meeting you. I will be happy to show you some of the famous places in Japan. You said in your letter that you would like to come for one month from January to February._____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Please let me know if that would be all right with you. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you. My regards to your parents. Sincerely, yours, 自分の解答: I recommend that, however, you come for one month from in the end of March. That is why it will be still cold for getting around, and in spring, you can see a lot of beautiful Sakura which is popular for visitors in Japan. (44words)

• 自由英作文の添削してください !

自由英作文の添削してください ! テーマ(自分の人生を変えた出来事) I have been to the US and the experience changed my view of the world. As you know, they speak English fluently: the sound of the language is cool even if the speaker is Japanese. That’s why I got to be interested in foreign languages. But that’s not all. What is more important for me is an American attitude: they are seemed to like to tell his thoughts to others and can express his own opinions positively, unlike the most of Japanese. These experiences showed me attraction of studying abroad.

• 英作文の添削お願いします。

美味しいものを食べると気持ちが明るくなるのはどうしてだろう?この前友達と居酒屋に行った時、なんと900円の玉子焼きがお品書きにあった。900円?高すぎると思いつつも興味本意だろうかあるいは休日だったためにお金の手放しが良かったのであろうか、つい頼んでしまった。それは高くても文句は言えない程の美味しさだったと思う。 When you eat delicious foods, why are you happy? Several days ago,I went to Japanese style bar with a friend of mine. There were Japanese omlette in a menu, which was priced at 900 yen . …… 900 yen ? I thought that was so expensive, but I was interested in that,and I could afford to order it, so I ordered it. That was delicious,and I thought, it was worth paying at high prices. ついの表現がよく分からず、また日本語相当の訳ができていないところもありますが、ご指導の程宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英作の添削お願いします。

受験に向けて英作の練習をしているのですが、とにかく英作は苦手で、 むちゃくちゃな英作だとは思いますが、宜しければ添削お願いします。 Why do you think many people are interested in collecting insect ? Write a passage of 5 sentences in English. ↑この問いに解する私なりの解答です↓ I think that many people are interested in collecting insect is well. It is not a sin to collect insect. Because they are beautiful and interesting and fascinating stories attached them. Collections sre very helpful in the study of insect. I want more kind of discovery that them by collecting.

• 英作文の添削お願いします

問題  Write your answer in English giving at least two reasons why you agree or disagree with it. Space exploration is a waste of money. 答え    I think space exploration is a waste of money. You may say that there are potential benefits which you will obtain in exploring it. However, it is only about 50years since human beings got tp the surface of the moon, so it is seemed to me that it will take great time, therefore, it will cost too much money until we surely make a great success exploring it. Also,we have many problems which we should pay money for, such as solving environmental problem, the poverty in developing countries. These problems must be solved as early as possible. In my conclusion, we pay money for something else rather than the unreliable projects.