仕事に妥協するとプロにはなれない!私の頑固な姿勢とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 私の頑固な姿勢とは、仕事に対するまじめな態度からくるものです。
  • 仕事で成功するためには、融通が利くことも大切ですが、私は頑固なタイプです。
  • 融通が利くと周囲には受けがいいかもしれませんが、私は自分の仕事に妥協しない姿勢を大切にしています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英作文の添削をお願いします。

自分の仕事に妥協するようだと誰もその道のプロにはなれないと思う。 私は頑固者だとよく言われるが、仕事に対する姿勢がまじめだから そういわれるのだ、というように理解している。融通が利くタイプの人間は 周囲には受けがいいかもしれないが、仕事のほうは物足りないところが あるように思われる。 I don't think those who compromise on their work can be professional in it. Though I have been often said I am stubbrn, I think it comes from my honest attitude towards my work. It seems that those who can change their style with ease when it is pointed out may be popular among people around them but they can't do work enough. 融通に~ の部分の文構造がわかりづらいものになってしまいました。 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • jjubilee
  • ベストアンサー率75% (367/485)
回答No.3

1)自分の仕事に妥協するようだと誰もその道のプロにはなれないと思う。 I don't think those who compromise on their work can be professional in it. ** 少し逐語訳な感もありますが、形態的な文法ミスはありません。"compromise on ~"や"be professional in ~"というコロケーションを知らない時どうするか、そして日英量表現がすぐ逐語的に置き換え可能かも考えなければなりませんね。 ** "compromise"の「妥協する」という意味は、必ず「誰々と(~の点で)妥協する」という考え方が基底にあります。妥協すべき同レベルの競争相手があり、どの視点で妥協するかという2者が意味に含まれています。つまり「二者が歩み寄る」という感じの言葉ですね。この語で簡単に意味が伝わるかどうかでしょうね。どうしてもこの語を使うとすれば、"compromise with themselves"が必要かも。 http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071018074239AA2YQqP、 ** この場合の「仕事に妥協する」という意味は「この辺でやめとくか」「この辺でよしとしよう」という風に「満足な結果を得るまで手を引かない」ということですね。言い換えれば、「~に手加減を加える」とか「中途半端に自分の仕事をする」や「自分の仕事に途中まで行って満足する」とか「目的を達するまで仕事を続けない」などと捉えられるのではないかということです。 それぞれ ・「この辺でやめとくか」「この辺でよしとしよう」="let ~ go at that"や"gp halfway" ・「満足な結果を得るまで手を引かない」="not to back out of/ drop out of/ leave until one gets satisfactory results /leave before one reaches one's goal in " ・「~に手加減を加える」=go easy on ~ ←これがぴったりですが、口語すぎますね。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=go+easy+on ・「自分の仕事に途中まで行って満足する」=be satisfies with ~ halfway **「その道のプロ」の「プロ」とは「玄人」の意味で「アマチュアではない」という意味ですね。口語では "pro"がぴったりなんですが、書き言葉では抵抗があります。"professional"は「職業上の」「生業として~している」という意味合いが強いですね。使うとしても何か形容詞が必要でしょう。 **「その道の」は除外して「真のプロ」つまり"a real professional"と「どの道のプロ」という必要はないように思えます。また"an expert"という語もあります。 拙作1:I don't think anybody who is satisfied with his or her job halfway can be a real (job) expert. 拙作2:I don't think anybody who compromise with himself or herself in his or her job can be a real professional(/really professional). ** 口語表現では「中性名詞」の代名詞の表し方には注意が必要です。少し長くなりますが、口語体では仕方ないです。 拙作3:I don't think an honorable title "a real professional" goes to anybody who compromise with himself or herself in his or her job. ** かなり砕けましたが、長い主語を後ろへ無理矢理もっていくとこうなります。 2)私は頑固者だとよく言われるが、仕事に対する姿勢がまじめだから そういわれるのだ、というように理解している。 Though I have been often said I am stubborn, I think it comes from my honest attitude towards my work. ** "Though節"の文法が少し変です。"Though I have often been said to be stubborn"或いは"Though I am often said to be stubborn"などですね。"often"が使われていれば、現在形の「習慣」と捉えていいと思います。 **「頑固な」とは"stubborn"が定番ですが、「譲らない」と否定形にすると"never to give way"も可でしょう。 ** "my work"は「仕事一般」ということで、ここでは"work"でいいのではないかと思います。「他人の仕事に対してはまじめでない?」ととることもできます。 ** "come from my honest attitude towards"はいい表現ですね。"stance towards"なども使えますね。 拙作:They say I never give way easily, but・・・. 3)融通が利くタイプの人間は周囲には受けがいいかもしれないが、仕事のほうは物足りないところがあるように思われる。 It seems that those who can change their style with ease when it is pointed out may be popular among people around them but they can't do work enough. ** ここも"style"が出てきましたが、「何のスタイル」かが分かっていないと使えません。形容する語が必要ということです。 http://oald8.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/dictionary/style ** ピリオド1つの文の中に接続詞タイプの語が[that; who; when; but]と4つもあります。そして主語が長すぎます。ここでは全体として「なるほど・・・だが~」構文も使えますね。 **「融通が利く」とは「柔軟な姿勢をもつ」の"be flexible in ~"でしょうね。 "in 名詞"にする場合、ほとんど"in ~ing=when + 文"に書き換えることができます。 **「受けがいい」は"be popular among(/with) ~"はいいですね。 **「物足りない」は「精神的な意味で十分でない」という感じですね。「何か欠けている」とも「満足できない」ともとれます。 拙作:Flexible people may be popular among those around them, but they don't seem to give (them) enough(/much) satisfaction in their work. ** 今回はその人たちの仕事オンリーという意味で"their work"になっています。 >融通に~ の部分の文構造がわかりづらいものになってしまいました。 ** 「融通」という語は、いい意味では「自在さ」、悪い意味では「無原則」という両面価値"ambivalent"な語です。"find freedom in ~"とも言えますね。 短時間の内に日本語構造を英語構造に直すには一朝一夕にはできませんが、その習慣をつける努力を続けることですね。常に日本語と格闘をすることです。今回の日本文は内容の固い文章ではなく、内容は易しいが日本語と英語の意味のずれのある表現がよく使われています。口語表現もある程度許されるのではないかと思わせるものでしたね。どの書き方にするか切り替えが難しいですね。

noukamokkosu
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 なんというか、本当に英語に精通なさっているのですね、かっこいいです。 たくさんの回答例、大変参考になります。 また style でやってしまいました、手軽に使えるものかと思いきや、形容詞が必要なのですね。 Sが長くなってしまったな という意識はあるのですが、うまく回避できないんですよね・・・。 また回答よろしくお願いします!

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.2

I don't think those who compromise on their work can be professional in it. [Though I have been often said I am stubbrn,] I think it comes from my honest →People often say I am stubborn, attitude towards my work. It seems that those who [can] change their style (I believe they do so because I ma honest toward my work.) with ease, when it is pointed out, may be popular among people around them [can]は削るかwould(したがる)の方が主張が強くなると思う. but they can't do work enough. →but I don't think they do work better. 参考: You should not compromise in accomplishing your work. You cannot be professional in it. People often complain that I am stubborn. I take it as my sincere attitude toward my job. Some have become popular because they are flexible about their job. But I doubt they are doing a perfect job.

noukamokkosu
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 なるほど。 書き換えかたが参考になります・・・。 sincere これはいいですね! たいへん幅広い意味をもつようです、いただきます! また回答よろしくおねがいします。

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

<参考> I don't think that anybody is able to become professional in his field if he tends to compromise with his work. I am often said to be stubborn, but I understand that it is because I am serious about my work. A person who is too flexible might be favored by people around, but I am afraid that their performance is a little unsatisfactory.

noukamokkosu
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 いつものことながらスッキリとした英文ですね・・・。 参考にさせていただきます。 また回答おねがいします。

関連するQ&A

• 英作文の添削

What kind of person do you think makes a good friend? という問題に50字程度で解答する問題です。文法や単語の使い方が間違っていないか見てください。 I think I can make a good friends who is have own mind.It is because I can have good trust on he/she,and I don't care about how many friends have,but the deep and forever relation,andI have a friend who she is.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

非常に拙い文章ですみません。 明らかにヘンなところだけでもOKですので、添削していただければ助かります。 ここはこう言った方がかっこいい!とかも嬉しいです。 私としては特に、「この状態では完璧に仕事をこなすことができないと思い」のところが不安です。 このままでは「仕事を全くこなすことができない」にとれませんか? I had learned Italian language in Italy before. After I have returned to Japan in 2007, I worked in an office where I helped candidates who want to study various arts in Italy. For this work, I could use mainly Italian language to communicate with staffs of the art school in Italy, but then it was also necessary writing and sometimes also speaking English because of various nationalities of candidates and students. Since I had learned English at university I can use it anyway. But I think that I couldn’t be useful perfectly in this situation so I left my job. Then I looked for other jobs which proper to me, but in Japan many works which are related to Italy require also ability of English. For this reason I decided to learn it seriously. I believe learning English will be much help for me.

• 英検2級、英作文の添削

最近英検2級の勉強を始めたのですが、英作文の書き方が全然わからず、添削できる知り合いが周りにいなくて悩んでいます。19年度第二回の問題を書いたのですが、添削していただきたいです。大学卒業してからかなりブランクがあるので、おそらくめちゃくちゃです。暴言にならない程度にお願いします。 PS:文章が若干脱線気味ですが、文法とかを見てほしいです。 <Question> Today, some young people do not start working for large companies. Do you think number of these people increase the future? Why Japanese young people don’t want to work for large companies? One of the reason, Japanese Companies often occur Suicide of Employees. This is because Young employees were blamed by their boss. They feel much stress and anxious about their fail. Another reason, Japanese Companies income don’t increase. But their working time is increasing every year. And they cannot have a rest. So, Some Japanese young worker think “We are too much spending time to work, but our income isn’t increase. It is no worth for work for large companies”. It is my opinion. This is because young people don't want to work large companies. What should we do protect increase young people like that? This is problem not only our income but also our mental and work environment. I think we must hear everyone’s opinion and realize it as possible as we can. What is important for work? I think it is not income, with Employees’ Satisfaction. So we can protect increase the people who don’t want to work large companies.

• 英作文の添削お願いします。

英作文の添削をよろしくおねがいします。 こんなに寝ていて勤まるものなら猫にでもできぬことはないと。それでも 主人に言わせると教師ほどつらいものはないそうで、かれは友達がくる 旅に何とかかんとか不平を鳴らしている。 Some people think even cats can work as a teacher because teachers can do their job, spending much time sleeping. However, in my husband's opinion, the job is the hardest one and he has complained about it every time his friends come by to see him. まずもとの文章がおかしな感じだったので苦戦しました。 spending much time sleeping について、分詞構文をここにいれたのですが 問題はないでしょうか? 回答よろしくお願いします

• 英作文の添削をしてくれませんか??

(1)Do you think it is important to study english? (2)What kind of job do you want to exprience? という問題がテストに出るので事前に考えてくることと言われましたが、作ってみたところ文法的に正しいかどうか分かりませんので添削お願いします。 高一までの学習範囲で、できればお願いいたします。 (1)yes,I do the two reasons First I like A foreign film Therefore I want to watch it without translation (←勉強をして)をいれたい Next I want to go to the university Because of that I think it it important to study English (2)Yes,I do I want to be A programmer The two reasons First,I like to use the PC second, I can make a lot of people efficient Because of that Ihink want to Be a programmer という内容なのですが、現在仮定法を学習しているので一つぐらい使いたいです。あとここはthat節を使ったほうがいいなどという点があれば教えていただきたいです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

自由英作文の添削をよろしくお願いします。 テーマ:いじめに対するアドバイス 条件 ・150words以上 ・3パラグラフ構成以上 ・序論・本論・結論が明確であること。 These days, the problem of bulling is often picked up on the TV program. Some students choose to kill themselves because they feel that they have no another choice to solve the problem. Other students ceased to go to school and study at home. Still others rely on their parents and their parents speak to child’s teacher or the principal and ask them to tell bully to stop bulling. In my opinion, the best way for being bullied students to solve the problem is just continuing to go to school. Of course, I can understand that their parents worry about child’s safety. However, if parents tell them not to go to school, students never change their thought. In my experience, I did go to school when I was bullied, even though I wanted to quit the school or kill myself. But now, I think it was a good experience for my long life. Since I had been mentally injured a lot, I got my heart strong and when my friends or people related me are in trouble, I can give them more proper advice than other people who had never been bullied. For this reason, even if you feel miserable or feel like killing yourself now, you should go to school. This makes you stronger and some day it will be a good experience for you. (226 words) 結論が短いため主張が弱いとは思うものの、文章展開の仕方や肉付けがうまくできていませんが アドバイスや指摘などいただけるとありがたいです。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削お願いします

I want to become an inventor. 私は発明家になりたい。 Concretely,Great inventor as called, "Edison of the 21st century". 具体的には、「21世紀のエジソン」と呼ばれるような偉大な発明家。 I think that the inventor is a good occupation. 発明家は良い職業だと思う。 The first reason,it is possible to accomplish the impossible. そう思う一つ目の理由は、不可能を可能にできる。 In a word, my ideal can be actually done. つまり、私の理想を実現できるということ。 The secound reason, If my invention becomes popular, it is possible to become a multi millionaire. 二つ目の理由は、もし私の発明品が人気になれば大富豪になれる。 I want to become an inventor for the reasons stated above. 以上の理由で私は発明家になりたい。 とりあえずこの文です。 おかしい部分、改善できるところなどがあればなんでも指摘してください。 お願いします。

• 英訳しました。添削お願いします。

「信じていたのに裏切られた」と言う人は、「信じる」という行為への考え方が私とは違うのだと思う。そういう人は、自分で責任を持って考えなきゃいけないことを放棄して、誰かを「信じる」ことで安心したいのだろう。 本当の「信じる」ってことはそうではないと思う。誰かを信じるってことは、「この人でダメだったら仕方がない」「裏切られたら信じた自分の責任だ」と覚悟を決めること。 そういう風に、信じたい。 I think my views about a "trusting" act are different from ones of those who say "Even though I trusted, I was betrayed". Those people would give up what to think responsibly and want to feel at ease by trusting someone. I think true "trusting" is not that. Trusting someone is being prepared for "it cannot be helped if this person is hopeless" or "I am responsibile if I am betrayed by someone who I trusted". I want to believe in that way.

• 英作文

英作文の採点をしていただきたいです 問題 次の英文の指示に従って3分程度の英語で書きなさい。 It is difficult for you to do some things if you are alone. But if you do such things with other people,you don't think they are difficult. Find one example among those things in your life and write about it. My answer It is difficult for me to play the guitar. Playing the guitar is fun.But I can't play it well. My friend can play the guitar very well. So I am helped by my friend.And I can play the guitar well. 減点されない文になってますか? 採点よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英作文の添削出来る方お願いします。

いろいろな活動をしたり、会に参加したりしていて思ったこと。それは、相手に自分を印象付けられる人は強い、ということです。何が強いかというと、記憶への粘りです。つまり、覚えてもらえるということです。 While I took part in a variety of activities or assembly, I came to consider that those who can make others impressed have advantage. The reason why they have advantage is sticking to memories. In sort, they can be remembered. よろしくお願いします。