• BBCのEnglish at Workで勉強している際に出てきた3つの英文の和訳について質問です。
  • 質問文章全体の要約文として、それぞれの英文に対する意訳をまとめます。
  • また、要約文の中からSEOに意識したハッシュタグを生成します。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sporespore
  • ベストアンサー率30% (430/1408)
回答No.1

1.キッチンはそこを通り抜けていくとあるんですが、なかった? 2.そのうちに、会う機会見つけようよ。 3.too important to xxx は重要すぎてxxxできない。という意味です。   残念、Tomはあいつらと同じ(挨拶)ことはやってられないとさ。

surrey11
質問者

お礼

簡潔で分かりやすかったです!有難うございます!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.3

though ~     ~を通り抜けて is through there 「そこ」を通り抜けたところにある、その向こうにある there is ~    ~が有る , isn't there?  …有りませんか?(付加疑問、there is ... の否定の疑問形) get together   (遊びなどの目的で)集まる too ~ to …   ~過ぎて…できない、…するには~過ぎる important     地位が高い、偉い、有力(VIP の I) do the same    同じことをする、同じようにする、真似をする そのうち飲みましょう、的な?

surrey11
質問者

お礼

有難うございました…!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

1. the kitchen is through there, isnt there?  これだけでは分かりませんが、直感的に考えたのは 「オタクは (このキッチンを使う用事は) 済んでるんだろ?」 というものでした。  建物の内部のことだと 「つながっている」 か 「通り抜けられる」 みたいなことかとも思うのですが、会社の同僚に向かって言ったとなると ・・・ 2. lets get together sometime  これは 「そのうち話そう」 というような意味にとっていいように思います。辞書を見ると get together は自動詞の扱いになるということなので、目的語は取らないはずです。 3. its a shame Tom thinks hes he's too important to do the same  直訳すれば 「トムは同じことをするには重要すぎる (人物だ) と考えているのは残念だ」 となりますが、新人が挨拶したということなら、「トムは、自分が新人に (いちいち) 挨拶を返さなきゃならんほどの下っ端じゃないって思ってんだよ (ひでぇ奴だと思うかもしれないが、悪く思うなよ)」 くらいのニュアンスではないでしょうか。  the same というのは 「挨拶」 のことだろうと思います。 * 正しい回答は、誰か他の方がされると思いますが、年末正月と続くので、すぐに回答があるかどうか ・・・ そこで時間稼ぎに私が回答を出してみました。

surrey11
質問者

お礼

too important は直訳すると重要すぎる…これがなかなか自然な意訳につながって 行きませんでした。 忙しいときに有難うございました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• これらの英文で間違っている所はありますか?

英語の勉強で、「(もとの)例文を発展させて、自分で英文を考えて、作ってみる」ということをやっていたのですが、正しくかけているか心配です。 一方的なお願いになってしまいますが、添削をよろしくお願いします。 (1)<分詞構文、疑問詞+to不定詞、関係副詞>を用いた文 Tom, not knowing where to get on the train, he asked him mother where he should do. (トムは、どこで電車に乗るべきかわからなかったので、彼の母親にどこでする(乗る)べきか尋ねた。) (2)<不定詞の名詞的用法>を用いた文 I'm looking for somewhere to live. (私は、どこか住むところを探しています。) (3)<There are~.>を用いた文 There are a lot of convenience stores everywhere(anywhere). (コンビニはそこらじゅうに(とこにでも)たくさんある。) (4)<強調構文、疑問詞+to不定詞>を用いた文  ←特に自信がない文 It's when to execute that plan that it is important. (重要なのは、いつその計画を実行するかだ。) ※What is important is when to execute that plan. ←こちらは、正しい文章でしょうか?

• 英文の翻訳

英文を和訳していただけるかた のみで お願いできますでしょうか? 多分定型文だと思われますので、 破壊的な構文はないと想像します。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 In the previous reading we looked at Venus, the planet of love, in this reading it is time to look at mars, the planet of passion. Venus and Mars always work together in a chart. Mars has an important role in the future, it determines parts of your soul mates character, his dreams of love, his passions, what fascinates him and what he hopes to find, or what he will think he has found in you. Mars is the driving force behind love, that changes it from the bonds friendship and affection to enchantment and a garden of desire. Without mars there would be love but there would be no motivation to make a future of that love. To become lovers, or to get married, no deeper desire to gain insight, to penetrate the mystery’s of each others the mind or body further.

• 和訳希望

以下の英文を和訳していただける方に お願いしたいです。 誤植があるかもしれませんが、 何卒よろしくお願いいたします。 Lets look at Venus in the two charts, the planet of love before we close. In any love relationship there must always be at least one good strong Venus aspect, between the two charts, for Venus is the flame of love that kindles the feelings in ones soul, the Venus must melt something in each persons chart, so their souls can meld together and love can grow like the sun, spreading its magic feelings and light to warm the inner core of ones being. When Venus is right between the charts however down to earth they are there is always a gossamer dream like feeling which will interlace with reality and alter ones life, in the way that a candle in a dim room can alter the room though nothing has changed but the light that has entered it. So love will enter and alter your spirit. This is the most important planet in romance and is like a central core around which the other aspects are build. If the Venus aspects are very poor, the spark may not be mutual, or the relationship may have to struggle to survive, so Venus is essential. In your charts he is in a good synastry aspect.

• 和訳をお願いいたします

英文を和訳していただける方のみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 2つの段落になります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Karmic relationships are not always painless, sometimes old problems or subconscious obstacles are carried forwards That slow the relationship. But you can never let them go, you or he will always be drawn back. This will be a very fated relationship and it will feel fated right from the start. Now I will to return to his past and his formative years. In you original "Soul Mate One" reading I would have described his mother and her influence on his childhood background. The way he was brought up. But because each reading is so detailed there was not time within that first reading to mention his father. So now in this reading I will add some detail to the picture of his background by describing his Father. A persons early background and childhood experience determines in part what they will become. Insecure people usually have insecure backgrounds, and so on. In speaking of his parents I usually wrote in the past tense, simply because the images chart seems to portray is his strongest childhood memories of this parent. The way he thinks back to them. Rather than now. Another reason It is helpful to understand something of his past is sometimes it is necessary to get on with the soul mates relatives, though the older we get, and the more independent our lives, the less important that can be.

• 訳を教えてください メール文です

メールの文なのですが、 私の訳とただしい訳を教えてください。 its good to hear from you again!....so i hear your gonna be busy for a while...dont worry^^~....i have plenty of time in japan:-P...... あなたからまた返事きてよかった。すこし忙しくなるのは心配しないで私は日本で・・・・・・ im actually suppose to take a short vacation on 21 Nov for 1 week so from 30 Nov- 2Dec we can definitely meet and have some coffee together if your not busy. i hope we get to see each other sometime.... i like to get to know you more and be good friends:-)....lets keep in touch~ 実は11月21にちから1週間短い休みがある・・・ 12月、あなたが忙しくないときに一緒にお茶しよ 私たちがときどきあったりできたらいいな もっとあなたのことしりたいしいい友達ななりたい ・・・・・ おねがいします

• 英文の訳を訳していただけませんか。

英文の訳を訳していただけませんか。 この英語の訳を教えてください。 一応参考程度になればと、エキサイト翻訳で訳した訳を一緒に載せておきます。 その日本語文を訂正していただけるだけでも構いません。 While by international standards Japanese couples are not well matched, it seems that a major factor keeping couples together is low expectations. 国際的な基準からすると日本人のカップルはよく合わせられていませんが、カップルを団結させる重要な要因が、低い期待であるように思えます。 The advantage of marriages based on low expectations is that they can stand up to shock more easily, if a couple discovers that they have little in common, and even if they don't like each other, they still might not seek a divorce. 低い期待に基づく結婚の利点は、より容易にショックまで立つことができるということです、カップルが、少ししか共通でなく、またお互いが好きでなくても、彼らがまだ離婚を求めていないかもしれないと発見するなら。 In America, however, couples in such a situation would be quick to divorce. しかしながら、アメリカでは、そのような状況におけるカップルは離婚するのが迅速でしょう。 Thus, it may not be that Japanese families survive because husbands and wives love each other more than American couples do, but rather because they love each other less. したがって、自分達がむしろそれほどお互いを愛していなくて、夫たち,妻たちがアメリカ人夫婦がそうするよりお互いを愛しているので、日本人家族が生き残るということでないかもしれません。 Another important factor folding Japanese couples together is the sense of shame. 日本人のカップルを一緒に折り重ねる別の重要な要素は、恥の感覚です。 As a result, even those who find themselves desperately unhappy might not separate because they strongly feel it would not be honorable if they so. したがって、自分達が、それがそうしないと強く感じているので、結果、気付くと絶望的に不幸なものさえ分離しないかもしれないように、それらであれば立派にしてください。 There seems to be a change nowadays though with respect to younger people. もっとも、変化はこの頃は、若者達に関して見えるでしょう。 Because they seem to focus their lives more on the family than on work, they more often consider love to be important for a good marriage. 彼らが、仕事より家族に彼らの人生の焦点を合わせるように思えるので、それらは、よりしばしば素晴らしい結婚に、愛が重要であると考えています。 ちなみに、私は学生時代のとき英語をまじめに勉強しなかったので、さっぱり分かりません。 長文ですが、よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします!!

和訳お願いします!!  Good manners and etiquette are important in our lives. Without them, our world becomes an uncomfortable place to live in. However, many people have little idea of what is the right thing to do or to say in some situations. After all, we get no formal education or training in manners or etiquette. Most of us learn our manners from family and friends while we are still children. Very often, the manners we learn when we are children become habits for the rest of our lives.  I have a friend whose name is Bill. He is an executive at an American company and recently came to Japan on business. While having dinner together, he told me about how his company had tried to find a top-level manager. After much searching and interviews by experts, the list of applicants for the job was narrowed to three persons. As the final test, they were invited to dinner in a famous restaurant. Judging from the ability and experience, the last person,Tom, seemed to be the best. However, he was not employed. During dinner, he made noise while having his soup. He kept talking when eating. And he used his finger to push the last small vegetable on his fork. Bill said, "Oh, poor Tom. What a pity!"  I told Bill that his company should have employed Tom and then trained him like in Japan and that many people in the world eat with their fingers. "Oh, really?" he answered. I was also thinking of telling Bill about a famous incident that took place about ten years ago. The U.S.President got sick at a formal dinner in Tokyo and dirtied the clothes of the person sitting beside him. I would have liked to ask Bill: if people with such bad manners can become President of America, then what is wrong when someone uses his finger to push the last green pea on his fork? However, I decided to keep my mouth shut. The reason? This would be a bad topic to talk about, especially when having dinner with a friend. よろしくお願いします 人´Д`*) * 和訳+αで、段落ごとに約50文字ぐらいで、要約してもらえると助かります (´∀`*)

• よろしくお願いします

Dear Carolyn: I have a "friend" that will email and invite me to lunch and then add, "By the way I'm cycling for charity, please contribute," and then she never follows through regarding the lunch. Once, we actually made a date for lunch and then she said, "I'll call you that morning and let you know if it still works for me!" and I never heard from her the day we had scheduled the lunch. I asked her and her fiance to join my husband and me for dinner and she said, "Great idea! I'll get back to you when things aren't so hectic," and 10 months went by without a word. Although there was a time when this person and I were close and spent time together, obviously this is no longer a friendship, and I have decided not to accept this behavior from her again. There is a strong possibility that I am going to run into her around town. What can I kindly say to let her know that I'm done with her without being snarky? -- K. Why do you need to tell her anything? The friendship is over, there are no plans being made that you need to break, and if she ever invites you to something, then you already know she doesn't mean it so it doesn't matter whether you reply yes, no, maybe, or not at all. The only thing left to do is to exist in this reality instead of the alternative one where you thought you might someday, eventually, have lunch. If the opportunity arises naturally for you to say something, or if it's important to you to tie off the ends, then by all means, say what has been on your mind: it's important to youのところはit's important for youと学校で習った気がするのですが、なぜその形なのでしょうか?あと、tie off the endsの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 下記英文について質問があります。(2)

すいません下記の英文について質問があります。 It seems as though playing in the same room with someone is still the purest and most important form of musical communication to you. 同じ空間で曲をプレイするということは、あなたの曲作りのやりとりにおいてとても純粋で、かつ重要な事だと思えます。 Emails, SMS, letters, phonecalls, skype, you-name-it, those are all great ways to communicate, and I use them all. But being together, in person, is something different all together. I hope we can all agree that when you’re not in person, there at the same time, things get lost. Little things, big things, all kinds of things. And maybe if you know someone really well - which most likely you know them well from spending a lot of time in person - then it doesn’t matter ... Anyhow, I guess what I’m trying to say is that making music together over email can be very fun and rewarding, but it simply can’t be compared to making music together in the same space. It’s like night and day to me. And I think most anyone who has met Rutger or the guys from Efterklang, would say they are wonderful, kind, warm people. So making music with them in person is absolutely wonderful! Q1 But being together, in person, is somethingからa lot of time in person – then it doesn’t matter…までがどうも何が言いたいのかがつかめません。訳を教えてください。 Q2 Even if, as with Rutger, your approaches significantly differ from each other? たとえルトガー氏と同じように(作曲の)アプローチをとったとしても、あなたのアプローチはルトガー氏とは明らかに異なりますよね? この英文の訳はこのようなニュアンスで良いでしょうか? Q3 To me, a lot of your work sounds very direct, immediate and actually quite spontaneous, as detailed as it may be. Are you satisfied or rather annoyed when reviews call your work „,mature“? 私にとって、たくさんのあなたの作品はとてもdirectで、immediateで、実際かなり即興的です。このあとのas detailed as it may be.が訳せません。どういうことを言いたいのでしょうか? 1、2ともによろしくお願いいたします。

• 意味を教えてください

As of this July, I will have been engaged for three years and with my boyfriend for 12. We have put off getting married for quite some time now and I have resigned myself to the fact that it may not happen. I set a date which then passed because he wanted his family present when we get married. He refuses to marry in the state his family is in because “I don’t live there and have any connection to there” he states. So, this involves his family having to come out here for us to get married. After many discussions, I have tapped out. I refuse to look at places to rent for this event or even set a date. His family thinks it is me that is putting on these demands but it’s not. I have now told him that I really don’t care if we get married (seriously, by now I’m just over it) but I get asked all the time “when are you getting married?” On one hand it’s pretty embarrassing that after 12 years we still can’t get it together. putting on these demandsとget it togetherの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします