• ベストアンサー

短文和訳

The thing that makes him feel and act like a man is being able to copy,to pattern himself after,men with whom he feels friendly. 少年が男らしく感じ、振る舞えるようになる為には、自分が親しみを感じる大人の男性を真似る事が必要なのである。 聞きたい事は、 the thingsはどうやって考えるのか beingの処理 be able toの意味が和訳に出ていないのはなぜか。 の三つです。 どなたか、回答よろしくお願いします。

noname#159908
noname#159908
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • litsa1234
  • ベストアンサー率28% (230/795)
回答No.3

>The thing that makes him feel and act like a man is being able to copy,to pattern himself after,men with whom he feels friendly. この英文の要点は The thing is being able to copy men. ですね。 The thing = すること being able = 出来るということ copy men = 男たちの真似をする よって、 「するべきことは、男を真似ることが出来るということです。」 →「持つべき(もの)は、男を真似るのに必要な能力ということになる。」 以上、参考になれば幸いです。

その他の回答 (2)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

下記のサイトによると、The thing is that ... = this is what must be considered です。  → http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/the+thing+is また、英和辞典などの thing の項を見ると、「必要なことは」 と出ていたりします。良く見る表現ですから、何度も出会ううちに自然に文の流れに乗れるようになるかもしれません。 カタい訳になりますが、文の前半の部分を直訳すると  「少年に一人前の男であるという自覚を持ち行動させるものとして考慮されなければならないことは ・・・ である」 などとなるかもしれません。 同じように後半もコチコチの直訳にすると  「・・・ は、少年が親しみを感じている大人の男性たちを模倣し手本にすることが可能であるということである」 みたいになるかもしれません (普通はまさかこんな訳し方はしないだろうとは思いますが・・・)。 英語の話者の感覚による表現ですから、我々の言語による感覚とズレがあるのは当然のことです。 be able to の部分に関しては、たとえば 「試合に勝つには、相手よりも多くの得点をする必要がある」 という文を、「・・・ 相手よりも多くの得点をすることが出来なければならない」 とすると、同じ意味のことを言っているのが分かると思います。 示された文では be able to ... という表現を用いることで、「その能力がなければ出来ないことではあるが」 という気持ちも込めているのかもしれないという気もしますが、あるいはそんなことは意識していないのかもしれない。 being able to ... という形になっているのは、be able to ... という部分を名詞のような扱いにするための処理です。そのために be を being と変形させています。 あまり分解し過ぎると窮屈なので、ある程度は英文のパターンであるとして認識することも必要かもしれません。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

直訳     彼を(自分が)(成人)男性(である)と感じ行動させるものは、彼が親しみを感じる男たちを模倣し、彼自身を(その成人)男性に形どることができることだ。     ここから出発して、     「少年が男らしく感じ、振る舞えるようになる為には、自分が親しみを感じる大人の男性を真似る事が必要なのである。」     と意訳できるかどうかは好みの問題だと思います。僕は     「彼に大人になったと感じさせ、彼に大人の行動をさせるものは、自分が親しみを感じる大人のまねをし、それに似たように自分を形作ることができることである。」あたりが安全かと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 英文和訳

"We have to talk." To women, usually the ones saying this to men, these four words are often an expression of a desire to connect, to address something with a man on a deeper, more satisfying level. It often means, "Let's get together and see if we can move things to a better place." Saying this to a man can feel dangerous. As one woman put it "Get ready for World War Three" To men, these may be among the most feared words in the language. They often stimulate what we call male relational dread. One man's response was,"Let me out of here!" Another man said, "To me those words mean : `Next stop,divorce.`" These words often mean somethings quite different whwn they are said to someone ofthe same genger. When women say to other women,"We have to talk," it can mean a multitude of things. If the other woman is someone new with whom the woman feels friendly, it can mean,"Let's get to know each other." If it's an old friend whom she hasn't seen for a while, it can mean, "Let's catch up - do I have things to tell you!" And if it is a friend with whom she is in frequent, even daily contact,it can mean,"Wait till you hear this. I've got to tell you about last night." Men rarely say this to other men. When they do, sometimes it has a sense of invitation, as in, "Hey, let's catch up!" But often it has the connotation of "You're in big trouble with me.Get ready for a hassle." Gender differences in the meaning of these words start early. In our gender dialogues between seventh-grade boys and girls, their comments and questions often focus on "talk" : BOYS: Girls talk for most of the conversation so we don't have to talk. GIRLS: How come boys don't talk first? How these gender differences can be used in dialogue to heal the relationships between women and men is the topic of our discussion.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

Steven and I dated for two years. The first year was wonderful. My family and my in-laws all accepted him. As year two began, he began to change. He stopped being attentive, and started to randomly go out by himself. We eventually broke up because he couldn't commit. At the beginning of our relationship, he didn't seem to have a problem with commitment. He took advantage of my life and of my children being secure with him. 最後の文の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします。

翻訳サイトで訳したら意味が通らなかったので、どなたかに訳して戴きたいです。よろしくお願いします。 What is the first thing you notice about the statue called the thinker? Many people respond that it shows a man in deep thought over a serious topic. That makes sense because this statue was designed to be placed over a set of great doors which would show the things that happened to people in Hell. Both the thinker and the doors were desrgned by Auguste Rodin, an artist who lived and worked in France around the same time as the painter, Claude Monet.

• 和訳をお願いいたします

先ほどの再投稿となりますが、翻訳をしていただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 意訳大歓迎です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 The element of air was on your fifth house. This indicates that it is through conversation or words and communication, letters, that you will determine what your partner is really like. You will seem actively involved impressed attentive or friendly towards him because of your conversation or interesting the communications exchanged between you, but inwardly you’ll keep your distance still, and you will stay in control emotionally, no matter how intuitively, instinctively and mysteriously or irresistibly you find yourself drawn to him, you’ll try and be objective until you form an opinion. This will not be easy because he will seem like a man who is not ordinary, who can touch and inspire your soul with his originality, invisible strands of strange powerful feelings. He will feel so different to anyone you have every known before, that you will think it wonderful to have met him at all. Meeting him will be exciting. But you’ll try and control yourself and to view it coolly and sensibly. So there is a kind of duality going on, two levels, what you feel and how you act when you meet, each may be different.

• 英検準2級の英文の解釈を教えてください

英検準2級の過去問をやっていて以下のような文章が出てきました。 He thought being able to swim was useful, and learning to swim taught him a lot about working hard. 彼は泳げることは有益であり、泳ぎを学ぶことは一生懸命に取り組むことについて、多くのことを彼に教えてくれたと思っていた。 「,」までの文についてなのですが、 thoughtの後ろにthatが省略されていて、(being able to swim)がthoughtの目的語になっているんでしょうか?それとも、(being able to swim)はwasの主語なんでしょうか? andも(being able to swim)と(learning to swim)を接続しているのかな。などと思ったりして少し混乱しています。 よろしければ解釈のヒントなど教えてくださいm(_ _)m

• feel like~について

いつもありがとうございます。 以下の文についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 I feel like studying in the morning makes it easier to memorize things. (1)この文章、feel likeは、節をといっていると考えるのでしょうか?  理由:makesと動詞が来ていますので、studying in the morning と考えましたので。 (2)makeから考えますと、V+O+Cと理解しました。その後のto memorize thingsはOでしょうか?  従って、V+O+C+Oですか?こんな文型ないですよね?  どのように考えたらよろしいでしょうか? 基本的なことで恐縮でございますが、 ご指導の程何卒宜しくお願い致します。

• 英文の和訳の問題です。3

キリスト教英語の問題で、トーマス・オーデンの書いた聖書解説の文章が解りません。 It would have been more worthwhile to inform him by confession of the things that were wrong with himself instead of keeping his wounds secret and having the nerve to crow over the scars of others. 1行目の inform him の『him』 は誰か、が問題です。この文章の前に、He came to a doctor. がありますので doctor ではないかと思います。和訳は、(罪の告白よりも痛みを医師に話すほうが価値がある)のような雰囲気ですが、難しいです。ここにも省略とかありますか。どなたか教えてください。 明日の朝見ますので今日はもう寝ます。

• 英文の和訳をお願いいたします

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみでお願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の前半部分になります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Mars being the lord of your seventh house, means you have romantic fantasies and sometimes mistake passionate flights of fancy for love, short lived love affairs, that end without knowing why. You have a fear of abandonment, and a desire to feel loved, to feel secure again, this may cause you to pursue the man too hard, to be too demanding, to want to see him too often, to make contact too frequently. You may fill your life up with nothing else but him, and hope he does the same, but this is like crushing a rose or a finch, while grasping it too tightly in your hands. Love dies that way. You risk frightening him off by your intensity by you constant demands for his attention.

• NHKリトルチャロの文頭のbeing close

NHKのリトルチャロの3話で分からない文章があります。 分からないのが下記です。 ----- Charo realizes that somehow being close Dread makes him feel safe. ドレッドのそばにいると守られている気がするとチャロは感じました。 ----- Charo=S realizes=V that節=O そしてthat節の中が、 Dread=S makes=V him=O feel=C となっているのだと思っているのですが、 somehow being closeというのは文法的にどういう風になっているのでしょうか? somehowは辞書で調べて副詞と分かったのですが、 being closeが文頭に来ているのを見た事が無かったので、これがどういうふうに使われているのか? よく分かりません。 being closeで副詞?形容詞?という感じでしっくりきていません。 よろしくお願いします。

• この英訳おねがいします

a man may take to drink because he feels himself to be a failure, and then fail all the more completely because he drinks です。  変な日本語になってしまうのでお願いします。