• ベストアンサー

TOEICの問題です。

TOEICの問題からの質問なのですが、 どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。 The chair called the meeting to order by asking if everyone present was ready to began. 議長は、始める用意ができているかを出席者全員に尋ねる事で議会を始めた。 上記の英文で、presentはどんな文法上の役目があるのでしょうか?。 例えば、everyone was ready to began.のみなら、理解ができるのですが・・・。 どうぞ回答を宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • kotokaze
  • ベストアンサー率60% (45/74)
回答No.1

こんにちは。 The chair called the meeting to order by asking if everyone present was ready to began. 議長は、始める用意ができているかを出席者全員に尋ねる事で議会を始めた。 Everyone present:出席しているみんな です。 PresentはEveryoneを修飾しています。 SomethingとかSomething bigなどの様に後に形容詞をおきますよね。 それと同じ用法です。

kamahoso
質問者

お礼

早速の回答誠にありがとうございました。 PresentはEveryoneを修飾しています。と回答を頂き調べてみると、 下記のような似た文章を見つける事ができました。 There were ten people present. (10人の出席者があった) 形容詞は名詞を前からしか修飾しないと思ってました・・(無知)。 勉強になりました。 ありがとうございました!!。」

関連するQ&A

• 英語の選択問題

() the secretary was making arrangements for the meeting, the president called her to tell her that it had been postponed. a)Which b)As c)Although d)Whom 回答、解説お願いしますm(。。)m 予想は、asです…

• 関係代名詞の問題の添削をお願いします!

2つの文を関係代名詞を使って1つの文にするという問題です。 1つの文にした状態の文のみ書きます。 1.I'll agree to the plan which Jackson proposed at the meeting. 2.The boy whom he had eaten up all his candies began to cry. 3.The cat which is on a high branch of the tree is meowing. 4.The stadium which called Koshien was built many years ago. どの文も最初の単語は固定されています。 特に関係代名詞が合っているか自信がありません。 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳を教えてください。

次の文章です。訳したのですが、おかしい ところがありましたら、教えてください。 (1) In the summer of 1963,civil rights leaders planned a big march in Washingon,D.C (2)At that time,the U.S.congress was discussing the civil rights bill. (3)Congreess wanted to make changes in the lives of black people,but time was running out. (4)Congress was ready to close for the summer. (5)The purpose of the march was to encourage Congress to pass the bill. (1)1963年の夏に、公民権の指導者たちは ワシントンD.C.での大行進を計画した。 (2)そのとき、米国議会は公民権法案を議論していた。 (3)議会は黒人の生活を変えたかったが、時間が なくなっていた。 (4)議会は夏期休暇で閉会しようとしいた。 (5)行進の目的は議会に法案を通過させるように 仕向けることだった。 以上です。特に(3)のin the livesと(5)が自信がありません。 もっといい訳あれば教えてください。 また間違いの指摘もお願いします。

• 英語です。適語を入れる問題です。得意な方

2つの文が同じ意味になるように(--)の中に適語を入れなさい。 1.This is the reason why I came late.= This is the reason (--) (--) I came late. 2.I know an old man named Smith.= I know an old man (--) name is Smith. 3.May 5 is my birthday.= May 5 is the day (--) I was born. 4.I know a girl with brown eyes.= I know a girl (--) (--) brown eyes. 5.The building on the hill is a castle.= The building (--) (--) on the hill is a castle. 6.I didn't believe him.= I didn't believe (--) he said. 7.The road is full of cars, so it is the most dangerous place in the city.= The road, (--) is full of cars, is the most dangerous in the city. 8.I called on my aunt, but she was out then.= I called on my aunt, (--) was out then. 9.He had two sons,but both of them were killed in the war. = He had two sons, but both of (--) were killed in the war. 10.It was not the thing that I wanted to do now.= It was not (--) I want to do now. 11.Everyone longs for peace and security.= There is (--) one (--) longs for peace and security. 12.He came to the dinner because he admired her.= His admiration for her was the (--) (--) he came to the dinner. 13.His father was a barber. He loved his father deeply and lived in the same house for thirty-five years.= His father,(--) whom he was deeply attached and (--) whom he had lived thirty-five years,was a barber. 14.I am ready to do (--) service may be in my power.= I am ready to do (--) service (--) may be in my power. 長くなりましたが、できる方、お願い致します

• 誤文訂正問題の答えあわせをお願いします。

Coffee and tea was served to people attending the morning session of the meeting, while in the afternoon cold refreshments were served. 1.was 2. attending 3. while 4. cold The value of the dollars declined as the rate of inflation raises. 1.of the dollars 2. declined 3. as 4. raises They have frequently done business together when they graduated from the same college. 1.frequently 2. when 3.graduate 4. the same 一問目は「Coffee and tea 」を「bread and butter」のように単数扱いしていいのでしょうか?それとも「朝の会議に出席していた」だから、attendingをattendedに直せばいいのでしょうか? 二問目はおそらくraisesがおかしいと思うのですが、 どう直せばいいのでしょうか?raiseでしょうか? 三問目はwhenをsinceに直して、同じ大学を卒業して 以来という感じにするのが適当でしょうか? どなたかお願いします。

• 訳と解説をお願いします。

Mary , where were you yesterday ? I wanted to tell you about the picnic. Oh, who's picnic? My mother is going to let me have one. I hope that she will let me come. I may ask I want. I want you and all my friends to come. She looked at Tom, but he was talking to Amy Lawrence. Other in the group began asking if they could go. Soon everyone had asked. 訳をお願いします。また、Who's picnic? let me have one ,let me come について解説をしていただくとありがたいです。

• わからない英文があります

下記の会話でSethが言っていること(両方)を訳してください! Seth: oh really...ok Ryan let me present exhibit A to you. she opted to forgo sailing to go to the crab shack. Ryan: so, not everyone likes sailing. Seth: ok lets take it to exhibit B here...intense. some would even say smoldering eye contact at the dining room table, she was mad dogging you and finally the clincher, last night in the pool house she chose to sit on your bed even though there was an empty chair available.

• 英語の問題

問題を解き翻訳もお願いします どちらですか I was very tired yesterday,( so / but ) I was to bed early. Everyone passed the test ( because / although ) it was very easy. Ichiro has been in New Zealand (since / when ) he was 12 years old. It began to rain just ( when / while ) we started to play soccar. 選択 [ and because before if unless ] Susan thanked all the people who had taken care of her ( ) she left. I am hungry ( ) I didn't eat breakfast. You should call 119 ( ) there is a fire. Try hard,( ) you will succeed. You will be late ( ) you start at once. 並び替え 天気予報は雨だと言っていたけれどまだ晴れている (it / said / would / though / the weather forecast / rain / that),it's still sunny. あなたが興味をもっていないのでそのことは話さない (interested / not / since / are / you),I won't say anything. 寝る前に電気を消して下さい (before / go / the light / out / put / bed / to / you). 父の手伝いをしないといけないから行けない I(because / cannot / I / my father / help / come / have to). 郵便局までまっすぐ行き左に曲がって下さい (come / go on / the post office / straight / till / to / you ),and then turn left.

• 訳と解説をお願いします。

訳と解説をお願いします。 "Mary , where were you yesterday ? I wanted to tell you about the picnic." "Oh, who's picnic?" "My mother is going to let me have one." "I hope that she will let me come." "I may ask anyone I want. I want you and all my friends to come." She looked at Tom, but he was talking to Amy Lawrence. Others in the group began asking if they could go. Soon everyone had asked. 訳をお願いします。また、Who's picnic? let me have one ,let me come について解説をしていただくとありがたいです。 以前に質問して、回答をもらったのですが、英文で単語が抜けていたので、また、質問させてもらいます。宜しくお願いします。

• 英語の問題20問ありますが,よろしくお願いします。

英語の問題20問ありますが,よろしくお願いします。 (  )内から最も適切な語(句)を選んでください。 (1)He has been working(1.till,2.before,3.since)he finished school. (2)Strike(1.after,2.while,3.till)the iron is hot. (3)We were just about to go out,(1.since,2.when,3.before)it began to rain. (4)He did not come(1.before,2.since,3.until)the meeting was half over. (5)Tom cleans his teeth(1.before,2.until,3.by the time)he goes to bed. (6)Hardly had he arrived(1.that,2.when,3.after)he started complaining. (7)(1.Since,2.Until,3.Once)you begin, you must continue. (8)(1.For,2.If,3.Because)it was too cold, we didn’t stay outside long. (9)(1.Though,2.Before,3.Since)you can’t answer the question, we had better ask someone else. (10)(1.In case,2.Such that,3.Now)he is over sixty, he is going to retire. (11)He took a taxi(1.so that,2.such that,3.for fear that)he wouldn’t late for the meeting. (12)I’ll take an umbrella(1.so that,2.in order that,3.in case)it rains. (13)They are(1.so,2.such,3.too)good friends that they share all they have. (14)You won’t be in time(1.so long as,2.unless,3.though)you start at once. (15)You may stay here(1.as far as,2.as soon as,3.as long as)you keep quiet. (16)(1.But,2.As,3.Though)his left leg was broken, he went on walking. (17)Child(1.but,2.as,3.Even,4.if)he is, he can answer the question. (18)One group of children was quiet, (1.according as,2.while,3.as though)the second group was very noisy. (19)She became more and more beautiful(1.when,2.as,3.after)she grew up. (20)(1.Either,2.Even if,3.Whether)you like it or not, you’ll have to do it.