Runtime environment and application development

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn about the relationship between the runtime environment and application development.
  • Understand the challenges of lagging application development compared to runtime environment.
  • Discover the impact of software product packing on hardware and operating system requirements.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英訳をお願いします。

Runtime environment is well-known at the time the application is written. The development of applications will lag behind the development of runtime environments. Software product packing will display long lists of hardware and operating system requirements. この3つの文が上手く訳せません。 1つめはisが2つ有りどの順序で訳していいか不明です。 2つめはwillをどのように訳せばいいかがわかりません。 3つめはdisplay long listsの適訳がわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cincinnati
  • ベストアンサー率46% (606/1293)
回答No.1

1)アプリケーションプログラムが開発されている時には、ランタイム環境はみじかなものです。 2)アプリケーションプログラムの開発はランタイム環境の開発の後に続くでしょう。 3)ソフトウエアー製品のパッケージの箱には要求仕様としてハードおよびオペレーティングシステムが長々と記載されています。 英文をより日本語として読みやすいように英文の意図をむしろ書いてみました。ここから改めてご質問を見てみます。 >1つめはisが2つ有りどの順序で訳していいか不明です。 Runtime environment is well-known at the time when the application is written.とwhenを入れてみるとはっきりします。つまり2個の文章がつながっております。つまり「アプリケーションが開発されている、その時においては、(関係者にとってみれば)ランタイム環境というのはよく知られているものです。つまりみじかなものです。 >2つめはwillをどのように訳せばいいかがわかりません。 このwillは単純に時間の経過として現在開発しているランタイムの開発が終了した後、これからアプリケーションの開発が始まることになっていると述べています。単純に未来におこりますという事実を述べています。 >3つめはdisplay long listsの適訳がわかりません。 これは例えば使用機器および使用システムはWindow98, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, CPU Pentium, HD more than 10GB, RAM memory more than 10MB,などと必要機器名やオペレーティングシステムの書き連ねた長いリストのことです。Displayの基本的な意味は「表示する」ということですが、ここでは日本語として不自然でないように「記載されている」としました。つまり記載されているのはそもそも「表示する」ためになされているからです。 翻訳するときは英語の字面に惑わされずに記載者の意図を読み取る必要があります。仮に英文が間違っていても、意図を組むということが重要かと存じます。

関連するQ&A

• この英訳を、直していただけないでしょうか?

いつもお世話になります。 これらの文章は、あるソフトの使い方を解説しているのですが 英語で書いてほしいと、外国人に頼まれて困っています。 自力で直してみましたが、おかしいと思うところがありましたら 直していただけないでしょうか? かならずお礼させていただきます。よろしくお願いします ↓ ↓ それぞれのボタンをクリックすると、下線の有無などで表示する銘柄を切り替える。 if you click the bottun, you can switch the brands with under line. 全ての銘柄を表示。 display all brands. トリガーおよび、○○の条件に当てはまる銘柄を表示 display the trigger and the condition of ○○ トリガーの条件に当てはまる銘柄を表示 display the brands match with trigger`s condition トリガーの条件(ロングの場合) trigger`s condition (long) マーケット開始時に3つの移動平均線の上にある it is on the 3 moving averages when the market opens. 前日のローソク足本体の安値が、ハイバンドより低い位置にある the lowest candle stick of the previous day is on the lower place. 始値が前日のギャップと今日のギャップの上にある the opening price is on the gap and the previous day`s gap

• 翻訳お願いいたします

Order of yours is in the packing right now, I will inform details as soon as I have these from the warehouse.

• 形容詞句や副詞句のかかりうけ

形容詞句、副詞句などのかかりうけがどうもよくわかりません。 (1)Technically sophisticated products are products with special technical development requirements, special quality demands, special technological features compared to competetitors and special requirements in terms of the supplier's development performance. 技術的に高度な製品とは、特別技術開発要求事項、特別品質要求、競合会社と比較して特別な技術機能、および仕入れ者の開発実績を勘案した特別要求事項を満たす製品である。 たとえば、(1)のような英文の場合、compared to competitors は、special technical developmet requirements, special quality demands, special technological features まで全部にかかるのでしょうか、それともspecial quality demandsだけでしょうか。 そして、その理由も教えて下さい。英語は直近の語句を修飾すると考えてよいのでしょうか。 それとも内容から判断するしかないのでしょうか。(私は直前のspecial technological featuresだけにかかると判断しました。) また、文末のin terms of the supplier's development performanceは、文全体にかかるのか、special requirementsだけにかかるのでしょうか。その判断の根拠を教えて下さい。 (私は直前のspecial requirementsだけにかかると判断しました。) (2)The potential analysis is for the evaluation of the develpment and process capability of the applicant in terms of the parts specially listed and processes specified by Purchaser. 将来性分析は、購入者により特別に指定された部品や仕様を定められたプロセスに関して、応札者の開発及びプロセス能力の評価のために実施する。 また、(2)についても同様にかかりうけの質問ですが、by Purchaserは、processesだけを修飾していますか、それともthe partsも修飾していますか?その根拠はなんでしょうか。 拙訳も書き添えましたので、おかしなところがあれば、ご指摘下さい。 長くなりましたが、どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 「a full-time, "work from anywhere" position.」の意味は?

社員募集の文章の中で、 (なお、オーストラリアにあるIT系の小さい会社です) You'll be working on the backend of ***'s web application and other interfaces. You'll collaborate with front-end engineers and will be responsible for creating robust high volume production applications, as well as quick development of prototypes. This is a full-time, "work from anywhere" position. とあるのですが、 This is a full-time, "work from anywhere" position. というのは、働く時間は24時間のうちの任意の時間で、勤務地はどこでもかまわない、つまりはSOHO的な働き方もOK、というような意味でしょうか? お分かりの方、いらっしゃいましたら、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しました。発送の事で相手から連絡がありました。すみませんが意味を教えてください。お願いします。 Yes ok I will organise the labelling for you. I have attached here invoice for first drop, please send a copy of proof od payment and I will send straight away to packing. Once packing is done I will let you know information for FEDEX.

• なぜthere is noting の構文?

下記の二つめの文、「there is nothing preordained about the way such relationships will develop」を 「development of such relationships is not preordained」と書き換えた場合、意味が違ってくるのでしょうか? また、「there is nothing」は どのような時に使うのでしょうか?主語を表す必要がない時に使うのでしょうか? In this reading, conflict is inevitable as declining powers will seek to resist a process that inevitably diminishes their relative position. And yet recent East Asian history suggests that there is nothing preordained about the way such relationships will develop or about the impact of economic, political or strategic power.

• 翻訳希望です

翻訳をしていただけるかた、 お願いできますか? ミスがあるかもしれませんが、 よろしくお願いします。 What will become of it long term?, For this we need to move away from the ascendant, for the ascendant is the beginning of the chart and the background the long term period of the relationship. To get the further future and find how this deep love will unfold and end we must move to another part of the horoscope. Lets come to the seventh house next, His house of marriage and see what is revealed. The planets in this area of the horoscope can reveal if marriage/ a permanent relationship is a possibility, or it is more likely to break up.

• 英訳お願いします

Anyone who sets out to describe the role played by language in the development of our spesies is at once confronted by an apparent paradox, the Paradox of Continuity.Ifsuch aperson accepts the theory of evolution, that person must accept also that language is no more than an evolutionary adaptation - one of an unusual kind, perhaps, yet formed by the same prosesses that have formed countless other adaptations.If that is the case, when language cannot as novel as ot seems, for evolutionary adaptations do not emerge out of the blue. There are two ways in which evolution can produce novel elements:by the recombination of existing genes inthe course of of normal breeding, or by mutations that affect genes directly. Even in the second case, absolute novelties are impossible.What happens in mutation is that the instructions for producing part of a particular type of creature are altered.Instructions for producing a new part cannot simply be added to the old recipe.Specific instructions that are capable of being altered must already exist to a greater or lesser extent.What this means is that language cannot be wholelly without antecedents of some kind. But what kind of antecedents could language have?Since language is so widely regarded as a means of communication, the answer seems obvious:earlier systems of animal communication.It has long been known that many species communicate with one another.Some, like fireflies have blinking lights, others, like crickets, rub legs or wingcases together, while many exude chemical signals known as phenomenones.Of course such means are limited in their range of potential meaning and may signal nothing more complex than the presense of a potential mate.But the more sophisticated the creature, the more sophisticated themeans - from the dances of honeybees, through the posturing of sea gulls, to the sonar of dolphins - hence, the more complex the information that can be conveyed. Could not human language be just a supersophisticated variant of these? The trouble is that the difference between language and the most sophisticated systems of animal communication that we are so far aware of are qualitative rather than quantitative.All such systems have a fixed and finite number of topics on which information can be excahnged, whereas in langage the list is is open-ended, indeed infinite.all such systems have a finite and indeed strictly limited number of ways in which message components can be combined, if they can be combined at all.IN language the possibilities of combination, while governedby strict principles, are (potentially at least) infinite, limited for pactical purposes only by the finiteness of the you immediate memory store. You do not get from a finite number to infinity merely by adding numbers.And there are subtler but equally far-reaching differences between language and animalcommunication that make it impossible to regard the one as antecedent to the other. But the net result of all this is the Paradox of Continuity:language must have evolved out of some prior system, and yet there does not seems to be any such system out of which it could have evolved.

• 翻訳をお願いしたいです。コンピューター関係の書物の文章です。

翻訳をお願いしたいです。コンピューター関係の書物の文章です。 Market requirements, like poorly designed standards, are unfortunate realities. A company may decide that products being designed must be backward-compatible with a previous product, or that they must use a particular operating system, or that they must support some set of standards. These essentially political decisions set the framework for a design. Market requirements may also determine the amount of human effort that can be expended on a design project. It is remarkable how much time is spent on building graphical user interfaces, sometimes at the expense of the system underlying the interface!

• 英訳をお願いします

留学している友人に結婚報告をするために、以下のメールを送りました。 Hi.How are you? I haven't seen you for a long time. It was heard that it was studying abroad. Is there any schedule which comes back to Japan? It gets married on September. Please come to a marriage ceremony. I'll inform you of it later. これに対する返信が以下のメールです。 How come everyone going to get married?? I just canceled my engagement with my boyfriend. I am in Canada;however, I will be back to Japan the end of july. I would love to celeblate your married.... With who??? 会話は成立しているのでしょうか。 また、留学している友人は、結婚式に参加できるのでしょうか。 お時間のある方、ご回答お待ちしています。